DC Universe RP? (Ideas Inside)

Which idea would you like to try the most?

• The Batman RP

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • The JLA/TT/YJ RP

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • The Rebooted Universe RP

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Okay, so I'm gonna be brief with this thread, I'll add more info once we get some discussion generated.

I have a few ideas for a DC Comics RP based around four different concepts. Each of them would take place in their own "Universe", so they wouldn't be linked to the current comics, or to each other.

Batman: Legacy of the Dark Knight

image.jpg

This is a reboot of a previous RP I made on this site, basically oriented around Batman's universe. It takes place in a universe where Batman disappeared a few years prior to the start of the RP. Things have dramatically changed in Gotham (crime rates are down, a few of the super criminals have reformed, etc), but when Batman returns to the city, things slowly begin to take a turn for the worst.

The Justice League: Dignity, Honour, Justice

image.jpg

With the rise of super crime becoming more predominant in the world, a group of heroes have joined up to combat the threat on a much higher scale. How? By looking over the entire planet rather then just focus on one area in particular.

(Can be inter-changed with a Teen Titans or Young Justice RP. I just chose JLA because that allows for a wider array of characters to join, even younger characters like some sidekicks).

The "New 52" DC Roleplaying Universe​

image.jpg

For those of you who know about my other superhero group RP's, then you've probably seen "The Ultimate Marvel Roleplaying Universe" thread I made.

This concept is taking that idea of an original RP universe, where very few major events have occurred (Death of Superman, formation of the JLA, or even Final Crisis), so we have an entire world to work with. As the story, which is comprised of "arcs" (the events) goes on, we will explore the world and create our own fan-verse.

Pretty much every Character in the DCU would be allowed here, villains and anti-heroes included (I may also allow characters like the Watchmen into the continuity, because its a whole new world).

I should note that in all of these RP's, I'll be taking on the role of Dick Grayson aka Robin, but I also would play the Joker in the Batman, and Rebooted Universe RPs.

Anyways, if you're interested in any of these plots, post below and we'll start the discussions!

Last edited:
Reactions: ch0sen1
I'm interested in the JLA/TT plot. I have done an rp like this before but, sadly, my partner knew next to nothing about any DC universe. I feel like it would go better with you.

Alright cool. And since its an original universe, we can tweak the characters and events so they're more suited to the RP's needs. That way, knowledge of the universe is somewhat required, but we'll explain the events as they go along.

Sora.....this needs to happen :O The rebooted universe idea I love it.
I would want Raven or Hawkgirl.

I'd be interested in a Justice League-type roleplay. I'm a DC enthusiast myself, and have some ideas of my own, should you want to hear them.

At any rate, I look forward to whatever you come up with.

Alright cool. And since its an original universe, we can tweak the characters and events so they're more suited to the RP's needs. That way, knowledge of the universe is somewhat required, but we'll explain the events as they go along.
Question...what's the difference between the JLA one and the rebooted one? I'm assuming JLA the heroes are already established and the Reboot heroes are still in origin?

~ Oh, might as well tag @Razilin :)

Well, like I said previously, all of these ideas are in an alternate universe. The difference would be that in the JLA one, we would be that we've already been established a little more then we would've been in the other one.

Does that answer your question?

[The Afterman stabs Razilin in the gullet with a makeshift knife crafted from a pig's leg bone.]

(grabs popcorn, watches casually)

I call Raven or Hawkgirl, whomever.

Oooh, snap! A lot of interest gathered while I didn't get replies ^^

Well in any case, we've got enough people to start this. We've all agreed on the JLA storyline?

Asdfghjkl
Sora I miss you.. It's noceur.
Let me join. I see you guys are going with JLA? Let me join? I'll join any of these c:

Oh hey! Sup?

Who would you want to play?

4fd0db5795436.png

Hurmm... Oc or canon?
I don't know what to do.... Who to claim...​

Status
Not open for further replies.