Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been busy lately but I won't let our GM forget

@HellHoundWoof Shadow wielders don't fit? Wat about elemental characters from DBZ such as Jeice and Burter and Guldo? What about the Shadow Dragons from DBGT? Haze Shenron with poison, Nuova and Eis Shenron with fire and ice, Oceanus Shenron with water. And various elemental powers used by a multitude as characters, like Great Apes shooting fire. Dabura uses fire and stone and darkness for a few of his attacks. And the gods have a different type of ki (Beerus, anyone) so one can assume that demon god (Makishin I think it was called if I remember correctly?) and the Makaio have a sort demonic aura or an anti-ki or evil type of ki. So our host shadow wielder could have something similar? Right?

We've been busy lately but I won't let our GM forget

@HellHoundWoof Shadow wielders don't fit? Wat about elemental characters from DBZ such as Jeice and Burter and Guldo? What about the Shadow Dragons from DBGT? Haze Shenron with poison, Nuova and Eis Shenron with fire and ice, Oceanus Shenron with water. And various elemental powers used by a multitude as characters, like Great Apes shooting fire. Dabura uses fire and stone and darkness for a few of his attacks. And the gods have a different type of ki (Beerus, anyone) so one can assume that demon god (Makishin I think it was called if I remember correctly?) and the Makaio have a sort demonic aura or an anti-ki or evil type of ki. So our host shadow wielder could have something similar? Right?
Shadow weilding would have to be limited to blast attacks but not the ability to make things out of shadows and all of darkness in general. That's like a seriously overpowered ability considering shadows are literally everywhere. Something like the ability to conjure a sword out of darkness would be okay, maybe some Ki blasts that look like shadows. But the ability to lets say pick up someones shadow and summon a spike from that shadow straight through someones gooch and right into the brain is just absurd.

Shadow weilding would have to be limited to blast attacks but not the ability to make things out of shadows and all of darkness in general. That's like a seriously overpowered ability considering shadows are literally everywhere. Something like the ability to conjure a sword out of darkness would be okay, maybe some Ki blasts that look like shadows. But the ability to lets say pick up someones shadow and summon a spike from that shadow straight through someones gooch and right into the brain is just absurd.
I understand. And you're right, it can be overpowered if used incorrectly. But then so can everyone with the power to shoot beams and blasts capable of destroying planets. Once you reach anything kind of near Frieza's power level then it will always be OP. I have been discussing with our illustrious leader to develop her character more into the use of anti-ki than into actual shadows. If she does decide to go with plain old shadow manipulation then the limit would be nearby objects and herself, nothing living, nothing large, nothing not within the immediate vicinity.

And if it is proving to be too powerful in the roleplay then she can be nerfed. Trust me when I say this; @Helena Sky is fair and won't abuse her character's powers or her status as GM xD

Reactions: Detective Zero
I understand. And you're right, it can be overpowered if used incorrectly. But then so can everyone with the power to shoot beams and blasts capable of destroying planets. Once you reach anything kind of near Frieza's power level then it will always be OP. I have been discussing with our illustrious leader to develop her character more into the use of anti-ki than into actual shadows. If she does decide to go with plain old shadow manipulation then the limit would be nearby objects and herself, nothing living, nothing large, nothing not within the immediate vicinity.

And if it is proving to be too powerful in the roleplay then she can be nerfed. Trust me when I say this; @Helena Sky is fair and won't abuse her character's powers or her status as GM xD
Oh I didnt know that was her ability, well so long as she's fair about it.

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
I'm always a patient man but simply asking for a possible sitrep on where this stands. Do hope we can actually do this

I'm always a patient man but simply asking for a possible sitrep on where this stands. Do hope we can actually do this
You're not the only waiting. Except I get the joy of waiting IRL and asking her when, without getting an answer

Pretty sure this RP is dead before the IC even had a chance to start.

Don't worry. It just gives us all a chance to put together a plot

Well, regardless of anyone else who may not be here, I'm still up to sticking around. I might even be able to rouse interest in a person or two who was previously looking here but was worried about if it'd even get off the ground.

One thing I've learned from Iwaku... Patience is a huge thing to have, which I'd say the majority of Iwaku does not have sadly.

Well, regardless of anyone else who may not be here, I'm still up to sticking around. I might even be able to rouse interest in a person or two who was previously looking here but was worried about if it'd even get off the ground.

One thing I've learned from Iwaku... Patience is a huge thing to have, which I'd say the majority of Iwaku does not have sadly.
Thank you! And not to sound patronizing but "patience is a virtue". One that we could all do with a little more of, especially myself xD

So, since we were previously discussing the possibility of some characters being from Time Patrol, do we want to incorporate that into the main plot? If you have any other plot ideas (can't remember everything we discussed right now, I'm cold and tired and it's my wife's birthday) then throw them in and if we come up with a lot of ideas then building some sort of timeline would be for the best

Well, I won't say no to time patrollers but whether or not to have them actually fit for the long run of the story, that's another question. We've only seen them having a temporary presence in whatever was out of order and I can imagine them staying for too long can have a negative impact on things, something the SKoT (S. Kai of Time) may not want.

Well, I won't say no to time patrollers but whether or not to have them actually fit for the long run of the story, that's another question. We've only seen them having a temporary presence in whatever was out of order and I can imagine them staying for too long can have a negative impact on things, something the SKoT (S. Kai of Time) may not want.
Their effect on time depends on where (or when) they're recruited from. If they come from this time period but doing work for time patrol, that could make sense. But maybe it is better as a side story instead of the main... Maybe we should all work together to build a big bad villain or something like that. Like our first saga villain, someone akin to Freiza or Cell or Buu ???

Down to hang around, also whoever it was that said they knew the GM they should let them know I've offered help

Down to hang around, also whoever it was that said they knew the GM they should let them know I've offered help
That would be me. I'm married to her xD

And I told her, she knows. Thank you. I'm sure that she will come to ask for your help at some point, mostly forum based, as content would hopefully be made by everyone together for the most part

Bleh, Tuesday can't come fast enough. Semi unrelated but I wanna get at that DLC for Xenoverse 2 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.