Days of the Dead, Long Term Zombie Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Greenknight1294

Original poster
Hello, Iwaku readers. I'd like to start this post in a bit of an unorthodox manner. No tl;dr's or anything, just, before I suggest anything else, given that I'm looking for players for a group I want to GM, I thought it would be proper to introduce myself quickly to avoid setting up high expectations. I'm new to the site not a very experienced GM and I tend to do things a bit different than most, because I want to choreograph a story lead mostly by the players and their characters, aside from any thrilling curve balls I throw their way. I'm not picky or looking to write a book either, just that whoever wants to participate gets to have fun and bring a little bit of themselves along with them.

The reason for my passion about these types of stories is because I've felt tired of the modern ridiculing of one of my favorite genres of all, and I've even noticed people that nowadays think zombies aren't supposed to be scary. A lot of us, however, think that a good zombie story needs suspense and desolation at times, because it's quite an overwhelming situation to face when you add a bit of realism to the mix, which can always add thrill and immersion.

I'm looking for a group of players interested in setting up a cast for a somewhat improvised plot that can develop into a long term story of survival and cooperation. There will be some custom rules in place that look to make things more interesting in terms of encounters, similar to D&D, but much more simplified in various ways, without the typical rpg elements such as level ups, mostly to make roleplaying itself the main focus and keep such things from becoming boring or cumbersome. We'd be handling character-making either personally or through various other means in this forum or another, depending on what's convenient for the group, and we'd be playing whenever those interested are available, myself included (though that doesn't make it illegal by any means for the players themselves to socialize freely when posible).

Given how I want to set up the story with the players, there's no plot in place as of yet, but the setting will be similar to The Walking Dead, with either a fantasy or real modern world plagued by a catastrophic pandemic that will develop either along with the characters' story, or before the story starts. The story won't be a replica to the series, however, the virus will be much more aggressive and so will be the development of the apocalypse that will ensue with it. I can give out more information about this idea if necessary.

There are no limits to how many characters can be accepted from the same player as long as they don't end up interacting with themselves in most cases, although the first batch starting together would simplify things.

Send me a PM if you, the reader, are interested in participating, or do feel free to post here if you have any other questions, opinions or suggestions, I'd love to welcome them. However, do note that, to participate, you will likely end up needing a computer, as I'll be setting everything up on Maptool or a similar program for the encounters themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.