Day Z

• Thread starter xxDarkest_Assassinxx
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
To bad for jake, and thank god the girl was a scientist that she had the call earlier then them. In truth the infection was an experiment gone wrong that Rosemary thankfully stepped down on. But then again, was she one who should blame? She pondered for a moment but immediately shook it off and stayed quiet, merely just listening before sitting up on the horse and looking around. It was so dead.

"We could probably find some leftovers in stores or in houses. Someone's bound to have a spare pistol or something in their house. Once everyone heard about the infection, they bought weapons like they bought food. There's got to be something left. The police station I worked in is a few miles east of here, it's out of the way and there's no guarantee that it's not looted; but it's all I got. If either of you have ideas, feel free to throw them out."

Aaron gave a curt nod. Honestly, she had no ideas and it seemd like Jake probably had a better incentive on survival than all three combined. She had read zombie books and survival stories, but the real thing was far from the pages. "I got nothing. Let's just stick with your plan cowboy." Aaron looked around at the scenery. It was awfully quiet and that never was a positive sign. Shouldn't there be like dead things around?

"Alright, well as for now we should probably move to the next town. I've been looking around here for a bit and there isn't much to scavenge. Maybe the occasional rotten apple, or combat knife but that's about it for here. Care to lead the way Ms. Tantrum?" He looked up at rosemary with his last words. She had the horse and was the most mobile so it made sense for her to take point with jake and Aaron right behind. Jake began walking in Rosemary's direction alongside Aaron. Their trip to Barozeno had begun

"Care to lead the way ms. Tantrum?" Asked Jake. Rosemary shrugged as usual through her silence and merely went about a few inches ahead of them. The horse trotting slowly to match their walking. But once it came to turn a corner Rosemary instantly pulled the leash roughly back making the horse trot slower backwards.

Once you turned the corner it lead to small houses then the highway after that. Rosemary looked over her shoulder."Looks like we gotta sacrifice the horse now. There's no room for three." She mumbled."It's almost like a city of zombies. No wonder it's so dead, they're done with the other horse dinner." She whispered."If we let the horse run this way--" Rosemary pointed opposite of the way she was leading them. "The zombies will go left, while we continue right, at this corner." She explained."If the horse goes right, we won't travel far without meeting them again, got it?" She said rhetorically."Questions?" She asks.

"There's no need to sacrifice it right now. They don't look spooked or anything so we'll be ok for now. Just keep your eyes open and stay calm. Do you have a weapon on you, tantrum? I've got six rounds in my rifle and you look pretty set with that bat" he said looking from rosemary to Aaron. They'd be fine even if someone managed to piss off a few zombies, they'd made it this far hadn't they all?

"
Tie the horse down to something and the three of us will go into the city then come back for it. If worse comes to worse we bolt from the city, you two get on the horse, and we'll meet up at the spot where we met the first time. If we can't meet there then there's a radio tower half a mile east of where we are now. We'll meet there if we can't meet where we did initially. Any questions, concerns?" Though the plan sounded simple enough, they all probably knew that there was a chance they could get attacked or separated; but there weren't many options outside of avoiding the city.

"Any questions, concerns?" Aaron shook her head, looking at her bat with a small grin. She never spooked the bastard on purpose, but sometimes she thought about just unloading on every single one in the area. It would be easier to eliminate them and then go about the business. Oh well, she might as well just listen to Jake. She walked towards Othello and gave him maybe the last pat on the neck ever. Aaron wasn't too broken up over the thought of Othello being sacrificed, but it would be disappointing to see another die.

Aaron waited for Rosemary to get ready. She was done talking for awhile so she simply have Jake a thumbs up and a salute for added chuckles. Nobody should walk in there tense or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Three of us go into the city? Stupid, tying the horse down? Idiot, we can't go travel to the city where the zombie herd is and run back!" Rosemary said father facepalmed."Your plan is practically flawed! You'll slow us down and get us killed! How?" Rosemary then explained."You move forward, not forward then back." She said pointing at jake."Why don't we just walk? Do my plan at least. Move the zombies." She then covered her face irritated by the short thinking that lead to stupidity."Few zombies better then a heard." She mumbled in frustration. The auburn head girl let out a harsh deep sigh displeased."And I don't know if you know this, but they can hear! No guns unless for emergencies!" She hissed."Silent and close weapons only. I know more then you about this virus." She said. She didn't say why and wasn't going to and rolled her eyes.

"Fuck it." She mumbled tying the horse down loosely for her to unknot it later yet not to loose for it to escape. To which it would become trapped bait anyways."Wanna do it the hard way? Fine. Bolt from the city leaving the horse behind? Ok then." Rosemary said with a tone taking out her butterfly knife and turning the corner where the herd and new place before the highway was.

"No plan is going to be 100% perfect. There's no need to get pissy. If you feel like you're plan is better, then let's go with that without killing each other first. If you want to send the horse first to distract them, then let's send it and get through this." Jake could feel the tension building in his body, especially around his trigger finger. "It could be so simple" he thought to himself as thoughts of killing rosemary edged up in his mind. "I know the corpses can hear, I have survived this far haven't I? I use guns when she hits the fan." He watched her tie the horse down but with a loose knot that could be easily undone. "Fuck it let's go with your plan" he thought as he walked over to the horse. "Fine you win, step back" he said and hit the horse on the butt with the end of his rifle and it bolted forward then to the left, taking most of the corpses with it. He had to admit, she was right about that plan.

"
I'm not your enemy so you can cool the hostility."

Before the zombies went after her the horse ran passed Rosemary then behind her. The zombies went the opposite direction distracted by the bigger mean and Rosemary leaned against the wall out the way. She looked over her shoulder raising an eyebrow at Jake and kept walking.

"I didn't say you were my enemy, unless that's what you think and feel." She mumbled putting her butterfly knife swiftly. Rosemary turned around."Which house first?" She asks.

Aaron covered her mouth quickly, suppressing a burst of laughter that threatened to escape. The tension between those two were rising and it was going to get worse if somebody didn't intervene. It looked like the brunette would have to be the middle man for this one. Aaron gave her friend a look, but of course she was focused on the male, instead she poked Jake's shoulder harshly. Othello had bolted like a stallion, probably was cornered a moment ago, and now was being devoured, but he didn't need a bruise on his ass. "If we find any other animals and you hit it, I will sacrifice you myself." She ruffled her hair and walked ahead of the others, giving them time to work out the differences that popped up for no reason. This was going to be fun...

"You two can check this first house, I'll move to the next one. Hopefully there will be useful stuff here. We meet up again shortly." Jake didn't wait around for anyone to object, he just wanted to move on without any more conflict. This tension between he and Rosemary was more of a nuisance than anything else, he was more annoyed than angry. Never the less, he moved into the second house and slowly opened the door. His police training kicked in as he sweeped the living room with his rifle eye level. He almost felt the urge to yell "clear" as he confirmed that he was the only one inside but fought it knowing that it would probably draw attention and he'd sound like an idiot.

He checked the living room and found nothing of much use. He made his way to the kitchen and found a few canned foods. He would give the girls some of it when they met again. He could practically hear rosemary icing him crap for the food selection when he let her get some, but he wasn't going to keep it all for himself; he wasn't that kind of person.

He put the thought out of his head and started making his way upstairs. He found a combat knife, some rope, some trail mix, and a small children's book. He picked up the book and flipped through a few of the pages. He didn't know what the book was talking about, but he didn't need to; it still reminded him of simpler times. Times before the world ended. Times that he probably wouldn't live to see again

Rosemary kicked the door down at another house. The noise was loud enough to attract zombies in the house, but there was none and she soon walks down some steps that lead to the basement and went in the garage pacing around. She saw some tools laying around and saw a box.

The girl opens it without hesitation and to her surprise found a new looking crossbow and arrows. Immediately she placed her butterfly knife back in her pocket and grabbed the crossbow, sitting on the floor cross legged and setting it up to text it later. She didn't find instructions, but wasn't bothered as she never used an instruction book and loved to solve things herself. She was quiet for the most part while Aaron probably packed food or something.

Aaron had followed cautiously behind her friend, a bored expression on her face. She was hoping to get her own house to raid and maybe even take a nap. Of course she was kidding, that would almost be suicide, sleeping with tons of zombies roaming the vicinity. The brunette watched her femme friend play with her new bow and arrow set. She looked down at her silver bat and shrugged, the dents across it's surface shows the many months of wear and tear, but it still worked like it had just been made yesterday.

Aaron walked back up the basement stairs and through the living room. The furniture was tossed around and half of it was ripped to shreds, if you passed through the wreckage and turned left there were the stairs lead up to the top floor. She kept her bat at the ready, but after checking the two rooms and bathroom she knew nothing would pop out.

Jake made his way downstairs, then across the street to check the next house. He looked up at the sun and saw that it was late afternoon; maybe around 5:30. They'd need to hurry things along, it was best to not be here when the sun went down.

He checked the next house and found exactly he was hoping to find, more bullets for his rifle. He found eight more making fourteen rounds total. He felt safer now knowing that his weapon would be able to take out more than six corpses if he got into a sticky situation. "Either that or the red head gets too pissy" No, he shouldn't kill her, she could be helpful. He shook his head and pushed the thought out. Or at least in the back of his mind.

After about twelve minutes of searching this house jake decided to go and find the girls. When he did he called out to both of them but not loud enough to draw attention. "
Hey we should get out of here. It's almost sun down and those corpses are probably on their way back from the horse."

"This is getting rather boring to just watch." Duncan muttered to himself with his thick british accent. There was a hill that overlooked the houses that were being raided and it was there that Duncan watched several people raid for supplies. For the past little while he had watched then and was debating whether or not he should shoot them. Before the outbreak, Duncan wasn't much for shooting living things, but now all that changed. He would shoot the living that tried to kill him and kill the undead that got in his way. The raiders that we spotted weren't bothering him though, but they did seem efficient.

"Perhaps I should go say high." Duncan debated if he should go meet them at long last. He knew much about them, but they new nothing of his existence or how he's been watching been for so long now.

Rosemary quickly went back after minutes of testing the crossbow. It was a mini one, surprisingly light, and she had a pouch tied tightly to one if her belt holes she made on her leggings before meeting the group. Thank god there was a bathroom to go to before leaving and she looks around the house with her eyes as she stand beside Jake.

"AARON, OUT NOW!" She calls through. Her voice raised loud enough for her to hear through.

Aaron was in the midst of searching a few dressers, a lighter and knife already stuffed in her jeans pocket, when the voice of Rosemary called up to her. She nodded to herself and made her way through the abandoned house, down the stairs, and out through the front door. "No need to yell... I'm right here," she smiled coyly, and then looked around the vicinity. Something seemed off, but the area was dead silent. Heh... Dead silent... She chuckled to herself and completely forgot why she was worrying.

"Shit..." Duncan said as he watched the people move quickly throughout the house. It was something unexpected, and he felt as though they might have spotted him. He wasn't in the mood to shoot, but he wasn't in the mood to get captured either.

"Maybe it wasn't me..." He said to himself to calm himself down. The thought that maybe they didn't see him brought Duncan back to his senses. He was getting worked up for no reason. All he could do right now is sit down and continue to watch the people and see what they do next.

Jake waited for the girls to regroup with him before he began moving down the road. "We should try and either get out of town or find a real safe place on the outskirts before nightfall. Anywhere in mind?" He left the question hanging in the air for either of them to answer.

As he waited for them, jake continued to scan the area around them. For some reason he couldn't shake the feeling that they were being watched. Even when he tried to shake the feeling, he could still sense someone observing them

"He knows I'm here..." Duncan thought as he saw the man looking around. It was now that Duncan needed to make a move. He could flee, shoot, stand his ground, or meet them. Giving the situation, if he fled then they might give chase. To shoot would probably be a bad idea. He was outnumbered and out gunned. Sure he had the high ground, but that was only going to do him so much good. To stand his ground wasn't a bad idea. Waiting it out might be the best thing. Duncan hoped maybe they would just leave and forget about it, and if that was the case, he would just give up on following them. They were an interesting bunch, but he wasn't going to get shot over observing them. Lastly, he could just go meet them. It crossed his mind, being in a group instead of all alone.

"Maybe..." He thought. Duncan figured if they did spot him, he would surrender see how things go. Worse case...they try to shoot him and a death by them would be better then being zombie food.

Status
Not open for further replies.