1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Fantasy. Always some kind of non-human involved. (Such a vampires, succubi, incubi, etc.)
@Fluffy
Holy snaps, we're at day 9 already. Almost 1/3 of the way done. Honestly, I'm proud of myself. High-five, me.

Today's topic comes to us because I'm listening to the Skyrim soundtrack and it's just so very nostalgic. I love the music from that game so much, and now, so does my son. We can hear this music anywhere and know exactly what it's from. So, my question for you today is:

Do you have any video game or any other activity you do that helps you decompress?

Obviously, Skyrim is a huge one for me. (Skyrim is for the Nords.) I love the story and the awful graphics that constantly lag. It doesn't bother me when I see horses fall out of the sky very slowly, in fact, I think it adds to the charm of the game. But after a long and stressful day, I could just sit back and play that for hours to help me decompress. That and Breath of the Wild. As opposed as I was to it at first because it's not like the original LoZ games, with it being an open map and you can wander and explore, I find the whole thing so beautiful and I'm thrilled for the next one to come out.

And so, Iwaku, what about you? What do you do to relax?

Last edited:
My go-to is Sims 4 OR Elder Scrolls Online~ Depending on what my eyeballs can handle. 😂 Sims is "softer" and easier to look at and play with one those over stimmed days. While some days I am just super obsessed with whatever quests I am doing in Elder Scrolls, or I might be achievement chasing or something. Usually FISHING cause the fishing is so lovely and relaxing, especially with the vibey music and the weather and lighting softly changing

• Love
Reactions: XIII
Minecraft is great at helping me relax, sometimes to a dangerous degree. I have been known to fall asleep on the game.

• Love
Well, I am an absolute huge video game nerd, but I'd say a few of the games that I could just play forever that really help me relax and decompress would be:
No Man's Sky, ARK, Cyberpunk 2077, Fallout 4, and Slime Rancher.
I could go back to either of those games over and over and never get tired of playing them.
I've also recently finally gotten into Genshin Impact and that's sure eaten up a lot of my life LOLL Really did not expect that game to be as insanely good as people told me it was.

And really honestly just any game that has city building/base building. I could sit there for hours and do nothing but build terrible looking bases xD

• Love
I haven’t been playing many video games lately, but I have been checking Cookie Run: Kingdom often. Recently, it had an update with some sort of oldie high school romance story with some of the cookies. Very excited to get through that.

Other than that, I just kinda spend my time drawing my friend’s and my own characters

• Love
Reactions: XIII and Lyrikai
For a mindless just sort of relax game, I play PSO2 NG frequently, though minecraft is a good one for me to just drift into lameless existence. Otherwise, Drawing and i used to kick box before covid but that shut down, so rip!

• Love
I haven’t been playing many video games lately, but I have been checking Cookie Run: Kingdom often. Recently, it had an update with some sort of oldie high school romance story with some of the cookies. Very excited to get through that.

Other than that, I just kinda spend my time drawing my friend’s and my own characters

Ah man, this game is one of my fixations lately. My kiddo got me into it, haha! I thought it'd just be a cute thing to play together now and then but now I find myself playing it all the time. The little dating sim game they added makes me laugh, it totally delights me, I've been enjoying it. 😂
If ever you'd like to add me as a friend, my Kingdom/account name is VenomSystem. <3 (Which goes for ANYONE who happens to peek in here. Happy to add you to my friend list.)

Anyway, back to the topic--other than finding Cookie Run: Kingdom to be a fun escape from life stress, I also find peace in the DOOM video game series, particularly DOOM (2016) and DOOM Eternal. ☺️ It's therapeutic to go Rip 'n Tear things, especially if I'm angry and wanna do some angry slaying.
Stardew Valley is one I turn to when I need something to help with my anxious thoughts or if I can't sleep, because it'll gently ease me into a state of mind that feels ready for sleep. (I however haven't played in forever, maybe I should try to get back into it...) Or I'll play a round of Hades because I can be visually and audibly comforted by the sexy characters and their voices in there and I can channel my rage through Zagreus if I feel any (I see myself in that character a lot).

There's also the Finch app. Interacting with my virtual pet birb is nice, so are the therapeutic exercises and things offered through the app. It's pretty cool to be rewarded for doing breathing exercises or accomplishing goals so I can buy clothes, furniture, and what more for my pet, hehe.

For the times I'm feeling too bleh to do more than just lay there, I turn on a rainy soundscape or an audiobook. That way I have something to listen to while I'm laying there with my thoughts. A weird thing about me: I genuinely love to be alone, but my brain thinks we don't. XD So I try to lovingly trick it into believing we're not alone and we're fine via the company of television, music, etc.

• Love
gunna echo Kuno here and say minecraft is my top /comfort/ game :kek: i can get on and just zone out and feel at ease cause i aint gotta think much. catch me at y lvl -53

// tho stardew valley, fallout 4, slay the tower, skyrim, and animal crossing are all games i go to as well. shout out to my weekly dnd sessions too, prolly the best way to decompress after a long week, just bullshittin with friends 🤣

• Love