1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Fantasy. Always some kind of non-human involved. (Such a vampires, succubi, incubi, etc.)

Well, it didn't seem like my thread yesterday took off too well. But that's alright. Want a recipe for a delicious hot dog, or some fudge brought to you by the wonderful @LunaValentine, head on over to this thread. No need to respond if you don't want to. (Luna, imma make that fudge this weekend, you found my weakness.)

Today's question comes to us by @PavellumPendulum, and it was actually a question they asked me in the 20 Questions thread. What is a current trend that you just don't get/understand? I'll post my answer below.

"Oh gosh, great question. I don't really follow trends, news, stuff like that, but I will say something I've noticed is how everyone acts like they're better than everyone and that they're owed something. The 'Karens' if you will (apologies to anyone named Karen.) For anyone who has this mindset, listen closely; The world doesn't owe you a single thing. It sucks. And chances are, a lot of people have it worse than you. Stay humble. Stay kind. You're frustrated? That's absolutely fine. It's human nature. Express that to the individual making your coffee or taking your order or standing behind the register and they'll try and make your day better; I promise. Don't take it out on people just trying to make a living.

On that same note, however, I will say I absolutely love how the younger generation is forcing employers to understand mental health. Frazzled after cramming for 2 days to get that project completed and need a day to unwind? You take that day. Do you need someone to vent to because your boss is a trash human being? You got it. I love that the whole 'take time if you need it' thing is taking the workforce by storm. It was super refreshing to go from working in a place where people laughed when something bad happened to you, to having a boss that was genuinely concerned for me when I got covid for the thousandth time and demanded I take a week off to take care of me."

So, what's one trend you can't stand or don't understand?

• Love
Reactions: Fluffy
Huh?! What?! Me?! Hi! Do it, you won't regret it! But you will have to play around with the glob of pb and the amount of cocoa!

Now trends.......... what I don't like? Huh...... i have no idea. I am the "timeless" type so i don't pay much attention to trends. Can tiktok as a whole count?

• Love
Reactions: XIII
Huh?! What?! Me?! Hi! Do it, you won't regret it! But you will have to play around with the glob of pb and the amount of cocoa!

Now trends.......... what I don't like? Huh...... i have no idea. I am the "timeless" type so i don't pay much attention to trends. Can tiktok as a whole count?

It can absolutely count. See, I like tiktok for the funny animal videos. But I can get those from anywhere. I just want to see wholesome content. Tiktok, as whole though, is horrendous.

I always do my best to post in your threads, homie. <3 I just might fall behind sometimes because real-life slows me down. xD Your topics are some of the best. And since we are becoming best friends, I'mma just follow you places. 👀

Anyway-- TRENDS. Ones specifically we can't stand or understand, oh man...

I agree with the tiktok trends being something I don't 'get,' let alone approve of. Tiktok seems to be an unhealthy distraction for many, and when I watch the vids my friends send me I don't usually vibe well with them. Bigger than that, though--it insults me with how often Tiktok people want to treat DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) and related disorders as a joke... I have a hard enough time fitting in with society without these clowns just clowning things up. I'm sure there are a few cases that are legit, but they probably just get drowned by the many who are either pretending or self-diagnosing. (With something like this I wouldn't recommend self-diagnosis and just accepting it as fact. You absolutely need a professional to help you figure out the specifics of your condition.)

Also, the Fortnite dance and Among Us memes. They are invasive species. They are in our movies and TV shows now.

There are more but I'll stop there 😂

• Love
Reactions: XIII
I always do my best to post in your threads, homie. <3 I just might fall behind sometimes because real-life slows me down. xD Your topics are some of the best. And since we are becoming best friends, I'mma just follow you places. 👀

Anyway-- TRENDS. Ones specifically we can't stand or understand, oh man...

I agree with the tiktok trends being something I don't 'get,' let alone approve of. Tiktok seems to be an unhealthy distraction for many, and when I watch the vids my friends send me I don't usually vibe well with them. Bigger than that, though--it insults me with how often Tiktok people want to treat DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) and related disorders as a joke... I have a hard enough time fitting in with society without these clowns just clowning things up. I'm sure there are a few cases that are legit, but they probably just get drowned by the many who are either pretending or self-diagnosing. (With something like this I wouldn't recommend self-diagnosis and just accepting it as fact. You absolutely need a professional to help you figure out the specifics of your condition.)

Also, the Fortnite dance and Among Us memes. They are invasive species. They are in our movies and TV shows now.

There are more but I'll stop there 😂

HUZZAH BESTIES! IMMA JUST TAG YOU IN EVERYTHING FROM NOW ON. :D

Oh gosh, the dances. Its cute when my kids do it because they won a match. It's cringy when a young adult does it because 'it's the cool thing.' So totally agree with you there. As for the DID, my gods, yes. "Lol, I have this disease where I can't do (insert task here.)" No, Monica, you just don't want to do that. My older sister also does that, and it's grinds my fucking gears. She reads something online and rolls with it and tries to convince me that her doctor diagnosed her with it. She's been trying to convince me that she's suffering from burnout because her bosses all trust her with tasks. And I'm just...cringing. I know burnout; I've experienced it. There's a reason the life expectancy of corrections officers after retirement is only 7 years. When I first quit after 2 years, I was sick for nearly three weeks. Just because you don't like your job and your boss, and you're mad a job asked if you want to go work in France for a week or two, not in the country YOU wanted, doesn't mean you have burnout.

Okay. Rant over.🤣

• Nice Execution!
high waisted mom jeans D:< why did they bring those back in style? THEY MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE YOU HAVE A BIG OLD BAGGY DIAPER ON UNDER THOSE PANTS

• Haha
high waisted mom jeans D:< why did they bring those back in style? THEY MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE YOU HAVE A BIG OLD BAGGY DIAPER ON UNDER THOSE PANTS

YOU TAKE THAT BACK, MOM. THEY'RE THE ONLY JEANS I FEEL SAFE IN, OKAY.

Diana hates on the high waisted jeans. I hate on the low waisted jeans. Why tf do they need to sit so low for? Clothes are meant to keep us toasty, not flash everyone. And they flatter //no one's// figure.

Same goes for crop tops. I don't get those either. They don't look flattering on anyone I have seen with them either.

@Nemopedia
I'm so glad someone finally said it...
This new trend of looking homeless is so weird to me. I'm all for being comfy, but going to hang out with your friends at the mall and you're wearing a crop top and sweats that are 10x sizes too big for you? So bizarre.

Reactions: LunaValentine