David Bowie Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Bowie died (1/10/16). So many movies, so many great songs from such a legend.

I...
What?!

FUCKING WHAT!?

I need to sit down.

I'm just gonna rest my head now and let this sink in. Just found out a few minutes ago.
A great loss for the entire music industry. As if an era just came to an end...

I picked up his late album, Blackstar, on release day, it's an absolute masterpiece. I've been a fan since the release of the album before this, The Next Day, and was looking forward to what he would do next. His latest album is Bowie at his most daring and challenging. Even without this album, he would have gone out on top. But he's gone out like an artist, no ordinary musician could have made the Blackstar album. Let it be known that David Bowie was an artist, NOT a rock star.

Damn.

Hot tramp, we loved you so :note:

"I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of a superman. I'm living on." - David Bowie

I'm not sure what to say except that obviously I'll be listening to 'Low' all the way through today.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
We are sitting here listening to David Bowie at work. It's like we lost a collegue, everyone is down and sad over it.

Edit: My boss (jokingly) threatened to fire a guy when he asked if we could change the playlist.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are sitting here listening to David Bowie at work. It's like we lost a collegue, everyone is down and sad over it.

Edit: My boss (jokingly) threatened to fire a guy when he asked if we could change the playlist.
I imagine there's something in labor law to justify such a firing, and a bunch of witnesses to back up the account of your boss. I know that I wouldn't see nuttin', didn't see no Joey whackin' no Vinny, fughedaboudit.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
As both a massive fanboy of David Bowie, and a Musician, I can say that his music has affected how I look at song structure and taught me how to look at music analytically without overly doing it. I may have never known him personally, but his music was a door to his being. Masterful genius in music, and a damn fine actor too.

This is Ground Control to Major Bowie, Be seeing you, Ziggy Stardust.

Just finished Blackstar again. Really take in the lyrics. This album is to Bowie what Tempest is to Shakespeare.

Reactions: LunaValentine
...FUCK

That's pretty much all I have to say. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.