Dating what's off-limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Accent?" He looked at her curiously, almost wondering what she was talking about until it clicked. "Oh...my accent. It's one hundred percent real, though it's not as prominent as you can see. Living in America but also in a house with two Australian parents makes a child pick up two different ones." Though for most the accents usually blended together to create something odd.
"Carter used to think it was fake and I just used it to impress people, though his reasoning was odd since it only appears at odd times." That got a huff from Carter which Damien blatantly ignored with a smile. "But he immediately took it back the day he came to my home and met my parents. Oh the look he had when they started talking...absolutely priceless."
"I was a kid back then and you didn't even look Australian." Was his reply while moving to place his feet on their coffee table. It hadn't been a bad guess when they were kids, even then some boys would try and use a fake accent to make them seem more interesting or cooler to everyone. Damien simply face palmed because of what he was hearing.
Then he lowered his hand and glanced at Ace when she guessed he was probably the one to come up with the clause. "I did, it's basically the only thing I can use to get past his thick skull. Especially if he wants to act this way and try to even dictate my actions." Giving her a small salute he leaned back in the chair. "It's a full proof way doing what I want without his approval."
Hearing a knock at the door, he stood up and stretched before grabbing his wallet. "There's the pizza, I'll grab it." With that he left the room.
"He really irritates me sometimes."
"You know you love me~"A voice called out in a teasing manner before a door could be heard opening.

She didn't end up having to explain her question, as it clicked for him after a moment. He informed her it was real and she was kind of impressed. He really did have a certain edge on women, should he choose to wield it. Not that Ace really cared, it was just amusing. Her brother really did need to pick him up as a wingman. "Hmm. Okay, seems legit." She said after a second.
He told her that Carter used to think it was fake and she had to believe that to be the case. It wasn't like it was all that surprising, Carter was always a skeptic. "Yeah, that certainly sounds like something he'd come up with." Ace said, verifying her believe in his statement. If that wasn't enough, her brother's immediate defense was enough to say it was true. "Carter, you really need to work on that skepticism of yours. There are still honest people out there, they're just significantly harder to find."
Ace's brow furrowed. "What does an Australian look like, C?" She asked, eyes dancing at the thought of the answer. It wasn't as though Australians were a highly specific race of people. There was a little bit of everything in the land down under. At least, that's what it had said on one of her mom's episodes of House Hunters International or whatever.
She found it rather amusing how often her brother spurred Damien into a face palm. Something said this occurred on a regular basis, it was such a natural action for him.
"The fact that you ever listen to him to begin with concerns me. We're both aware of his level of responsibility." Ace said, flashing a winning smile at her brother. For all that she was picking on him, she did adore her sibling. She did hope he remembered that as he considered chucking a couch cushion in her general direction.
"Awe, he's not that bad." Ace countered, meeting her brother's gaze. "Oh, wait. This is where I'm a good sister and agree. Oh, that Damien. I'm not sure you should hang out with him anymore. He's a terrible influence." She was doing really well with not laughing.

He really didn't like how everything seemed to be turning on him and working out in either Damien or Ace's favor. The two were really hitting it off far too well, between their joking at his expense or just random blabbering. "You really want it don't you?" His eyes moved to a couch cushion. While there was nothing small to throw there was still this.
"Hey, Ricky boy, I didn't know you had a place at the pizza place." Damien said once he opened the door and saw who their deliver was. This was actually another friend of these that Damien had classes with in the Science section of the college. "Yeah, I need some extra money to buy books and a case of beer." Of course, that wasn't surprising since Randy was a pretty heavy drinker. Hence the reason why he probably didn't get invited to a lot of parties.
"Well anyway, thanks man. Here, go ahead and keep the change so you can buy yourself a case on me." Handing him a little extra, he shook hands with Rand after handing him the money and closed the door.
"That's it, A, you asked for it." Pulling out one of the cushions, he turned his body and then hurled it in her direction with a scowl. That outta have her learn some manners or at least know when to be quite and try not to be funny.
Damien had walked into the room a few moments before the cushion was thrown and secretly watched and listened to the two siblings. Sometimes he really wished his parents would have had another child from him to interact with. But just as the cushion was thrown he was walking past Ace on his way to the kitchen and stopped when he noticed it out of the corner of his eye. Moving his hand, he smacked the cushion and caused it to swerve off its course and smack against the wall.
"That's not how you treat and guest and certainly not how you treat a young woman." He scolded his roommate with a scowl before walking into the kitchen. "Now pick it up and put it back before I throw away your food."
"Damn it." With a grumble Carter got up from his spot on the couch and walked over to the cushion, picked it up and put it back in its place.
"Is there a certain thing you'd like to drink, Ace?" He shot a smile in her direction.

Carter wasn't enjoying himself anymore, he hadn't actually been doing anything of the sort since they'd walked through the door and the introductions were finished. They had ganged up on him in his mind, and in reality, and that just wasn't going to fly with him. Not that he could really do more than throw cushions at the pair of them, and he really only had a few of those.
"Pssh. I don't want anything." Ace scoffed, shaking her head. "I am only making conversation, dear brother." She assured him with another one of her incredibly bright smiles. Those had always won him over when they were little, she hoped it wasn't too different now. Breaking new, it had indeed changed, if anything it only egged him on. That was kind of unfortunate for her.
One of her comments finally got him to that point and she laughed, bracing herself for impact by covering herself with her hands. Having pillows thrown at her was certainly better than the time that he'd decided the dog's tennis ball was the best option. That one had stung a little.
Not that she even had to worry about it, as the pillow was easily knocked aside by Damien as he walked by. When he scolded Carter for his treatment of a guest (and of a young woman), her brows shot up. This was going to be an interesting evening.
"Damien, you sure do have the heroism thing down." She said regarding his saving her from the inevitable couch cushion. Carter was picking up and putting the cushion back, taking the long way to tap her on the top of the head with it. "Gee, Carter. You're just so friendly I can hardly stand it." She teased.
"Whatever works, thanks." Ace said, unsure of what the boys would even have in their fridge.

"Heroism? Nah, I just have the uncanny luck of being at the right place at the right time." Damien replied as he went through their kitchen cabinets to grab two plates. Though he had decided to ignore Carter's little tap he gave his sister while going by. Might as well not embarrass the poor guy any more in front of his little sis; left the man have some dignity.
"I'd call it just knowing how and when to annoy me." Grumbling, he placed the cushion back in it's spot before shooting Ace a somewhat playful look. "You're about to see how friendly I can really be." Carter then added before taking a seat on the couch and put moth hands behind his head for the moment.
"I like the sound of that so we'll go with that, I just know where and when to annoy your brother." Being someone's hero or something like it never crossed his mind, he mostly did a lot of things simply to annoy Carter. It was his entertainment after all and his roommate was such a poor sport about it.
"Can it." Then a bottle came flying Carter's way and he caught it before it either smacked him in the head or smashed against the wall. "A little warning next time." That got a snort from the kitchen as the fridge door shut and Damien reappeared a few minutes later with what they needed.
"You're beer not mine." Was the reply as the pizza box, plates, wings, and two cans of Pepsi were placed down on the table. Then he handed the box of wings to Carter before taking a seat and popping open of the Pepsi cans. "I doubted your brother would let you have a beer so I got the next best thing." Smiling he took a sip before gesturing to the box and plate. "Dig in."

(I'm sorry for the delayed response. I wasn't able to access Iwaku)

"There's something to be said for that as well, I'm sure." She responded easily, glancing at Damien before returning her gaze to Carter. She probably should slack off on harassing him, it was a little unfair that she was helping Damien gang up on the guy. It just wasn't as fun of an alternative.
She caught the playful look and a grin split her face. "That will be a first." She said lightly, raising both brows and making a face at him, knowing full well that Carter and Ace had been plenty friendly to one another when they wanted something. Now, she had a feeling that friendly would be the exact opposite of that, just sneaky enough that he wouldn't be getting reprimanded by his roommate. If there was one thing Carter knew, it was how to go out of his way to make her unbearably annoyed. He'd done it at more than a few family functions.
Ace heard Damien decide that Carter's description fit better and she shrugged. "Hey, someone has to do it while he's here. It's a bit of a challenge for me to do from home." She commented easily. She could definitely continue to get along with Damien.
Carter caught the beer thrown his way and the look he shot Ace nearly made her laugh. It was the classic 'don't you dare tell mom' look, they'd exchanged it on more than one occasion for several different reasons. Carter drinking shouldn't have been a surprise, but her mother was convinced that their generation was all going to be alcoholics. All of this because she'd seen a handful of Collegefessions at one point on a Facebook post.
"Yeah, no beer for me. He's kind of a buzzkill that way. Pepsi is always good though." She said easily, and when indicated, she took a plate and a slice of pizza before opening her own can. Carter opened his mouth to defend himself from the buzzkill comment and Ace pointed at him. "Shush it, you. My past can remain out of this."

Status
Not open for further replies.