Date Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
So, I'm a very single guy that enjoys his singleness/singlehood/whatever. I always see people talking about 'date night' and recently got told that you can't have a date night without a date. And you know what I say to that? Bullshite. I go on some of the funnest nights on my own, I don't need another person to make me happy. Maybe one day it'll happen, but to me it's all the same. Do I get dressed up? Hell yeah, I go all out. I mean sometimes I just go in a t-shirt and jeans, but sometimes I really feel like getting dressed up. I only do this once every month, kind of a celebration of new possibilities, a fresh start, and as a good kick off to the month ahead. I never know what's going to happen in the future but I'll have that memory to make me smile every day.

And what is date night tonight? Going to get myself all nice looking, go to this awesome Ramen place (they have this eel dish that is just fantastic), and then I am going to go see X-Men or Civil War. Maybe something else that catches my eyes, I have no idea. But I'm going to have myself a nice night.

What's the perfect date night to you? Do you do anything special for yourself/for loved one every month? If so, do they help you get through the month? You can share favourite dates here and ones that didn't go so well.

For me, my standards probably aren't that lofty... just being with someone, enjoying the day/night, and being able to remember it both in memory and imagery (pics), and if I can look back on it and smile and forget the troubles of the world, both in the moment and remembering it...

I guess I've had a lot of perfect dates, hehe

I mean, I would still define a "date night" as having a date -- but like, it's not that there's anything wrong with you doing everything you just described by yourself. I would just call that a "fun night out", is all.

As for me... eh. The nicest things I do for myself are typically things that I do at home. :/ Or maybe hanging out with friends, but, even then, I'd prefer just chilling out and doing stuff at someone's house than going out on the town and all that.

Though it probably doesn't help that I don't have much experience with anything along the lines of a more traditional "date night" seeing as how I've never really been on a real date... not that I really have a ton of desire to do so (in fact, I've been starting to think I might be aromantic) but... yeah.

Still. The closest thing I've had to a "date night" in recent memory was when I went out to see a re-release of Fantasia in theaters last year -- but that was really just because Fantasia is one of my favorite movies and I really wanted to see it on the big screen, not because I wanted to treat myself to a "date night"... Like I said, the evenings I'm typically most excited about are the ones where I've prepared something nice to do at home.

Edit: Oh, and, there was that time that I went to go see a live Night Vale show with a friend last year? But, once again, I wasn't really thinking of it as a "date night" -- my friend and I just really wanted to see Night Vale live. :/

S'been awhile since I've dated. I'm still pretty happy rocking it solo, so most of my date nights are self dates!

They usually involve just making one of my favourite foods for dinner or picking up skittle treat and then laying stressy things aside for an evening.

Haha, wooooowwww you don't have a date wooowww lolz wat a lozer u are. U need to get liad boi. Get dat booty. If u don't get dat booty u nobody. Like I bought this girl a bunch of drinks, she ignored me when her bf came but the point is i attempted man, you gotta go on the prowl for them womyns, like my ancestors did. Like I go to the hottest blingiest clubs on the scene. Yeah i gotta pay the bouncer 30 bucks to let me in but you gotta give some to get some you heere me. You gotta get on dat dance floor and show them your moves like a peacock or some shit. Yeah all the girls laugh at me but they just be a bunch of hoes.

I know all this because I got me a girl to go on a date. We went to the beach. Girl was flaky as fuck though cuz when we went for a swim she didn't come out. That's good tho. You gotta cut them fakers out of your life. I got enuf flakers, mainly my dad, so I got not time for them hos to be flakers ya dig?

Reactions: Gonzo and Pahndemic
Well this thread gave me an idea... looked at my phone pics and piccollage app did the rest... Images from my last 15 dates, hahaha... (with six different people)

7F133735-D6EF-427D-932F-C37872B3B5BB_zpshg5rzrpo.jpg

My perfect date night?

Definitely a night in, just her and I. We could do anything, as long as we're both having fun together.

If we're out and about, I prefer quiet places. I've always been quite partial to stargazing.

While going out to a movie premier or a sporting event would be fun too, I wouldn't consider that a 'date'.

For me, a perfect date is one where I have fun for a couple of hours, then bring them home for some quiet and relaxing time. Preferably with me laying in their lap getting pet.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Poe Dameron
Quiet dates. Where the focus is on them and me. Nobody else around making noise. So, I guess what I'm saying is I prefer nights in. Other activities in public I wouldn't count as a date so much. Just fun stuff.

We used to celebrate once every month. Sometimes we went out and ate something nice, watched a movie, etc. But in all honesty, I prefer nights in. It's more intimate, less like playacting.

Reactions: Turtle of the Tired
I don't know what may qualify as a perfect date and this is a good thing.

I'm not one for fully planned dates and the best ones are generally the more spontaneous ones or the ones that go wrong.

As for taking myself out. If the funds allow it I'm no stranger to saying "Fuck it." And jump on a plane or train abroad. I don't know. I suppose my general attitude towards these things is different. I don't really need to plan it or specifically need a pick-me-up. I tend to just do.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Poe Dameron
Logic, for whatever reason I see your "date night" as you putting on a dress and playing with googly eyes.

You know, badass stuff.

Mine would probably just be me playing something online with the chromosome pool of consistently active online friends that I don't have, then going to sleep early without something waking me up in the morning for once.

And if, I get out of this shell and if, I actually managed to lose this dreadfully chaste attitude I have, eventually leading me to a special someone that I currently most certainly don't need in my life, currently, I'd fit her into the above equation.

Then ruin my eyes.

Then pass that specific gene of ruined eyeball to my childspawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.