DATE ME, PLEASE! Reality Dating Show

Oh, I use image since Iwaku doesn't provide many fonts ^^ I make the words on photoshop then upload it on tinypic or any other website for images, then put it as image and voila~
So you make the fonts yourself?
That is amazing.
I can't even write well on paper, let alone make a font XD
I'll try it when I have the time.

So you make the fonts yourself?
That is amazing.
I can't even write well on paper, let alone make a font XD
I'll try it when I have the time.

No, no, I pick the font from internet, you can find a lot of awesome fonts ^^

Oh, okay! :)
Could you link me to a specific website where there's some fonts that I could use?

This or this, here you go ^^ can't wait to see your character.

FBJWXOC.png

NAME
Cecillio (Leo) Krelle

RACE
half Australian, half Vietnamese

OCCUPATION
Book store owner/ part time tutor

PERSONALITY
Soft spoken. He always keeps a calm air about him, no matter the circumstance. * Independent. He likes to do things without having help from others. * Polite. Manners are very important to him. * stubborn. he can often times have trouble accepting things aren't as he believes. * Reserved. He's the type to prefer a quiet night in apposed to the party scene.

SKILLS
Excellent memory * a way with words * Musical talent (harp) * traditional dancing * Trivia champion

Literature * good food * being out doors * hot chocolate

DISLIKES
sports * bad coffee * crowded places * pop music

FEARS
getting lost * busy roads

REASON FOR JOINING THIS SHOW
It started out as a joke between Cecillio and his sister, but after the urging of many of his friends and family to apply seriously he followed their requests. He was never against the idea, but it definitely wasn't his idea to apply.

OTHER INFORMATION
*Cecillio was in an accident at a young age and as such he lost his sight as well as his left arm. He has long since come to terms with his impairments and brides himself in not letting it stop him from doing anything.*
He has a prosthetic arm with an extremely realistic hand. It's non-functional but at first glance and if waring a long sleeved shirt it will pass as real*
He is obsessed with a number of topics whether it's history, science or the arts he'll likely take an interest in it.*
He often gets invited to do motivational speeches at schools. It's one of his favourite things to do.
*Favourite food is marinara*
favourite drink is peach tea*
Enjoys classical music *
Watches a lot of historical films and documentaries*
*favourite colour growing up was blue, but when he says he has a favourite colour people often think it's odd since he can no longer see*

Last edited by a moderator:
@leolamewad Hello there! Thank you for your interest and you have a good character there, but do you mind too add the 'extra' info? ^^ I've hidden 4 extra info you need to add at other information, just to make sure that everyone read the information about this show. Other than that, you're good to go :) I'll put your character up when you add the 'extra'.

ALSO! For everyone, what I mean with 'race' here is more like human, demon, elf, etc. Sorry for not explain it better, I put it on mod-fan so we don't need to be human ^^ but for those who already put human and their race, like chinese, australian, or anything else, that's totally okay :3 I'll put your race in your character's info ^^

Last edited:
@leolamewad Hello there! Thank you for your interest and you have a good character there, but do you mind too add the 'extra' info? ^^ I've hidden 4 extra info you need to add at other information, just to make sure that everyone read the information about this show. Other than that, you're good to go :) I'll put your character up when you add the 'extra'.

ALSO! For everyone, what I mean with 'race' here is more like human, demon, elf, etc. Sorry for not explain it better, I put it on mod-fan so we don't need to be human ^^ but for those who already put human and their race, like chinese, australian, or anything else, that's totally okay :3 I'll put your race in your character's info ^^
I apologise for not putting that I sooner! I took a nap between when I first read this post and actually finishing the thing, so I guess it slipped my mind. Ahaha. Thank you for letting me know!

@leolamewad That's okay~ ^^ It's a lot of information that I put on the front XD

Woa, there are already 4 females and 2 males... Maybe I should play as male to balance the number?

Woa, there are already 4 females and 2 males... Maybe I should play as male to balance the number?

No, no, that's okay! You can still play as female ^^ Let's hope there are more males coming here~ Just pick anything comfortable to you, it's really okay.

f1w0ex.jpg

::EDRA MALCOM::

RACE
Demon
OCCUPATION
Street Basketball Player

PERSONALITY
Active, Outgoing, Daring, Outspoken, Insensitive
Edra has an athlete blood running in his vein. He keeps on doing sport every time he has free time, no one ever seen Edra does nothing for more than 10 minutes. If he can't do sport, he will always find anything to do. Edra can make friends easily for he is friendly and chatty, but only to boys. When he meets girls, Edra tends to be quiet and awkward, he prefers to avoid girls as much as he can.

Edra will always accept any challenge given to him. He fears almost nothing, except when he must turns old and weak for he can't do anything he likes anymore. Edra is known for his frankness. He will not hide anything from anyone. If he hates you, he will say it. If you eat like a pig, he will joke about it. Edra believes that he has the right to speak his mind, he doesn't care what people's thought about him. Also, Edra is kinda insensitive. Don't give him code, ladies, for he will not respond it well. He is that type of friend who will still laughing when you're sad for he doesn't know that you're sad unless you say it frankly.

SKILLS
Street Basketball
Billiard
Taekwondo
Lock Picking
Write with both hands

Sun
Challenges
Hot Chocolate Milk
Chocolate
Party

DISLIKES
Girls (No, he is not gay, he just thinks that girls are annoying, please cure him!)
Too Sensitive People
Bad Jokes
Do Nothing
Rules
Bitter Coffee

FEARS
Growing old and weak

He lost on bet with his friends, so he must joined this show. Little he knew that this bet was set up by her sisters and his friends. They hoped that Edra can cure his awkwardness with girls when he joined this show and maybe finally find a girlfriend since Edra never had a girlfriend for 23 years! That handsome face was totally a waste.

OTHER INFORMATION
- Edra likes brown color because chocolate is brown
- Edra likes chocolate more than anyone else, every food and drink made by chocolate are his favorite
- Edra enjoys watching any movie genre, except romance
- Even though Edra rarely listens to music, he collects some rock band albums in his room
- His race is demon, but after living several years with human, Edra often refers himself as human
- Edra doesn't get along with girls because of his past experience with his sisters (Edra is the only and youngest son from 4 in his family) who treats him like a doll and overprotective over him, Edra personally thinks that girls are annoying. Maybe this show can make Edra changes that mindset

@Meredith Yay~ More males ^^ He is handsome, I'll put him up X)

For those who still in WIP, please tell me when you are finish, I'm afraid it will be drown because of new posts and I don't see it >.<

image.jpg
image.jpg
RACE
Human Mage (British)
OCCUPATION
Computer Designer
PERSONALITY
•Funny, he doesn't go alone without a joke. No, I'm not lying, stop staring.
•kind, he loves to communicate with people though some might not like to talk to him
•Stubborn, he will not always be the happy camper of that group lets just stop that there.
•Odd, he tends to do weird things that might scare away people.
•Serious, you might see a mood swing if he wasn't in the mood to deal with people.
•Standoff, he won't give in to a dare even if a female was involved. He gets messed with they regret their choice after a fist up them.
•Detectible, He's used to every female action especially the type that want to beg for them to sleep with them and let's them down quickly.
SKILLS
He's a hacker for the government when needed, good with computers, he can play a saxophone perfectly.
At times Alcohol helps, Food, Sleeping, Comedy, computers
DISLIKES
Being bored, being underestimated, Rude actions, Blood
FEARS
Death, Injuries, Guns, thieves
He's a person who joins to meet people and this would be the second time he did something like this.
OTHER INFORMATION
Orange, Romance, Food is his favorite food, Well He loves his beer as much as he loves soda
For song genres he doesn't like much besides this one so you can qualify it as youtube songs

Last edited:

BASICS ⌋
Name Ren Griffin
Gender Male
Age 24
Race Human (Half British; Half Japanese)
Occupation Current managing director/CEO of a huge technology company known as InTech.

PERSONALITY ⌋
Mysterious, Charming & Polite
A true enigma, little is known about Ren Griffin. Many reporters have tried to interview him but only select few have managed to get past his strict manage--errr, mother. And even then the reporters that get to interview him still don't manage to get as much information as they would've liked. Ren somehow always manages to dodge a rather juicy question. Despite this though, the reporters don't feel any animosity towards the Griffin. His answers were always polite and his charming nature often left them baffled enough to not push through with asking whatever scandalous question they were supposed to.

Needless to say, Ren is a well mannered man. His mother has taught him well on the acts of etiquette which is often put to the test by his employees who speak poorly of him behind his back. He could've reacted, fired them even, but he doesn't. Instead he treats them with respect and in turn they do the same -- when in front of him at least; behind his back they just resume with badmouthing him.

His mysterious aura combined with his politeness and charming personality makes girls swoon. Though this only started when he was listed as one of the top 20 eligible bachelors under the age of 30 by a magazine. Ren is aware of it but greatly impartial to it. He simply doesn't have the time to focus on girls. This only made him more desirable in their eyes, something that Ren doesn't fully understand.

Workaholic, Insecure & Timid
A trait of his that annoys his mother to no end is his how restless Ren is. To put it simply, Ren is a workaholic. He refuses to rest as long as there's still things he could work on for the company -- even if it is work that isn't needed until two weeks later. Somehow Ren always manages to find some form of work to do. His own mother has to drag him out of his own office just to make sure he doesn't wear himself out from all the work he does. Employees of InTech merely think that Ren is a workaholic and restless person even before he filled in the position of managing director; but he wasn't. The need to prove himself to the employees has meld him into such a person.

The need to prove himself stems from his insecurity. Even as a child, Ren wasn't confident. In fact, his insecurity is one of the main reasons why he dodges some questions during interviews. He's afraid of making the company look weak if he sells himself short, but at the same time, he can't seem to glorify himself; thus, evasion. The whispers that he hears around the office of those bad mouthing him, "He's not good enough to be CEO" "I bet I'd make a better CEO than him" "He doesn't deserve the position he has right now", hearing such things doesn't help with his insecurities at all.

Ren is also timid, however, it is a side of him that he doesn't show to anyone. Even his own mother isn't aware of it -- at least, Ren hopes she isn't, although he has a feeling that she's always known. Why does he hide it? Easy. It's because his employees already think lowly of him, what more if they found out that he lacked confidence. He keeps to himself to avoid people finding out about it. Unfortunately, him locking himself up in his office for majority of the time has caused many employees to think of him as presumptuous, that he thinks that he's better than all of them; which is the exact opposite of what he's thinking, thanks to his insecurities combined with his timidness.

BACKGROUND ⌋
Part I: Birth & Family
Ren was born in England where his father was from. Their family lived there for a good ten years since his birth before they moved back to Japan so that Kumiko may be with her father; it was found that Ren's grandfather (mother's side) had cancer. Upon moving, Chase Griffin started working for Hiroshi in his company as a means of helping him out. Majority of the employees in InTech frowned upon Hiroshi's hiring of Chase. Regardless of the snide remarks, Chase did his best at the job and managed to get into Hiroshi's good graces (finally; Hiroshi initially resented Chase for taking his daughter Kumiko away). Originally, it was planned that after Kumiko's father had become well again in hopes that he would be able to fight cancer, they would move back to England and resume their life there. However, Hiroshi Himura never did recover, he only got worse. As morbid as it sounds, Kumiko and her husband changed their plans to going back to England after Hiroshi passes away. Evidently, the plan never came into fruition. The family was unable to leave for Hiroshi entrusted the managing of InTech to Chase just before he passed away. It was something that Chase couldn't turn down; hence his accent to managing director of the company.

Part II: InTech & A Motherly Intervention
Growing up, Ren saw how InTech's employees sneered, looked down, and frowned upon his father Chase. Even when he was made the managing director of the company, Ren's father still didn't acquire the respect he deserved from the employees. Sure they followed his leadership, but when Chase had his back turned, Ren could only hear the whisperings that they would start. It made him wonder if his father knew about this; and if yes, why does he allow it? Why wouldn't he just leave the company? Young Ren didn't understand anything.

Upon graduating from his choice of university, Ren went on to work for his father who began to shape him to inherit the company. Unfortunately, the day came a bit too early. Ren was hardly ready when he inherited the company from his father; but it was unavoidable. Chase died at a young age, a sad day for both him and his mother. Because of this, Ren started to overwork him. He was trying to overcompensate, trying to garner the approval of the employees. Work was basically Ren's life.

Kumiko worried about her son. It was evident to her how Ren had turned into a workaholic. Wanting for him to relax and think about himself for a change, Kumiko tried her best to convince him to take a vacation or even consider getting a girlfriend, someone who would help him relax. Ren politely refused claiming he had no time for a vacation nor a girlfriend. It was at this point that Kumiko decided that it was time to act. She tried reasoning, talking, but he wouldn't listen. She entered him into a dating show. It was the perfect plan. Two birds with one stone; Ren gets a vacation and has a possibility to find himself a girl.

And so, here we are today.

SKILLS ⌋
Cooking
A skill he acquired through nights alone and eventually through living on his own. Ren is a great cook. His mother taught him the basics, and the rest was him experimenting with things. Often times, his mother would come visit his apartment just to make him cook for her. She often remarks how lucky the girl he'll marry is going to be.

Violin
Though he hasn't played in a while and thus has become somewhat rusty at it, Ren knows how to play the violin and is actually quite good at it. This was one of the few things that his father taught him before passing away. Part of the reason why he hasn't played the violin for quite sometime is because it brings back memories of his father. A year after his death, he tried playing the thing. Midway through the song he was playing, he stopped. He couldn't bring himself to finish the piece. While the memories were good ones, it still makes his heart ache as it serves as a reminder that he's no longer with them. However it may seem, he isn't giving up on the violin. He just... needed time.

LIKES ⌋
Coffee
Bless the heavens for this magnificent drink. Ren is rather reliant on the thing. The moment he gets up in the morning, the first thing he does is groggily walk to the kitchen and brew himself a cup of coffee. Talking to Ren before he's had his caffeine could result into some verbal wounds;

Books
During his spare time, all that Ren does is bury himself into a good book. He makes it a point to at least read something -- any book, before the day ends. Ren claims that it helps keep his mind sharp and allows him to brush up on his vocabulary while entertaining himself;

Sweets; Winter; Snow

DISLIKES ⌋
Tea
He may be part English, but that doesn't mean he has to like what the normality likes. Tea is just not... well, his cup of tea. Though he does find himself sipping some green tea with his mother at her backyard from time to time. It shows that he doesn't hate the drink, Ren just has a great dislike of it.

Crowded Places; Spiders;

FEARS ⌋
Losing the Company (InTech)
Ren's greatest fear is losing the company built by his grandfather (mother's side). When his grandfather passed away and left the company to his father, his father was always scrutinized by the employee behind his back. As a child, he often heard the employees whispering in Japanese -- his father couldn't understand Japanese, but Ren could due to his mother teaching him. All he heard was how an outsider such as his father shouldn't be running the company. Ren's father died when Ren was 22, thus taking up his father's place. He knows the employees think lowly of him as they did with his father; he's afraid that one day they would oust him and someone would step up and take away the company.

Arachnophobia
Spiders are his greatest weakness. Even the tiniest one could send him running. His place is often kept clean, cobwebs are immediately removed by him on sight -- except when a spider is present in said cobweb. In those situations calls in a maid to clean up his house for the day. Ren has done it several times now that the maid already knows that there's only one thing she has to get rid off: a cobweb along with the spider.

REASON ⌋ (for joining this show)
Motherly Intervention

Ren's mother entered him into the show. She didn't inform him about it, at least not until a week before the show's start. His mother has always nagged him about finding a girl and getting married so that she could have a grandchild to fawn over. But, Ren kept on refusing. He always told her that he had no time for such things, that he has a company to run. Thus, his mother has taken matters into her own hands and entered him into the show.

OTHERS ⌋
Favourites
• Colour : Grey
• Movie Genre : Mystery, Crime, Science Fiction (specifically Apocalyptic / post-apocalyptic, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, and Biopunk)
• Song Genre : Pop (Ed Sheeran mostly), Pop rock & Pop punk (Fall out Boy, Panic! At the Disco)
• Food : Pasta; He's a sucker for a good lasagna.
• Drink : Coffee

Movies
He's not a big movie fan. In fact, the last movie he hasn't seen a movie over a year prior to entering the show. The fact that he worked extra hours also contributed to why he hasn't seen a movie in a long time.

Allergy
Unknown to nearly everyone except his mother, Ren has a peanut allergy. Because of this, he avoids eating absolutely anything with nuts. Just the tiniest trace of peanuts causes his skin to rash.

Living Conditions
Ever since he turned 21 years old, Ren has been living on his own in a cosy apartment no far from InTech. When he inherited the company from his deceased father, his mother moved back to her childhood home which had been unused since his grandfather died (his grandmother died when his mother was young). From time to time he visited his mother -- rather, she dragged him out of his office -- for some tea.; even though he didn't like tea all that much, it pleased his mother to have him around.

Language & Accent
Due to the ten years of living in England, Ren is fluent in the English (British) language and even has the English accent that his father has. Back then, he only knew little Japanese thanks to his mother. Living in Japan for the rest of the remaining years of his life has undoubtedly increased his knowledge of the Japanese language and he is now fluent in it as well. Despite living in Japan longer than he lived in England, Ren still hasn't lost his English accent though it can only be heard when he is conversing in English.

☆ RELATIONSHIPS ⌋ //WIP
( Family )
Hiroshi Himura |Grandfather (Mother's Side)
description

Chase Griffin | British Father
description

Kumiko Griffin (neé Himura) | Japanese Mother
The epitome of beauty (in the Himura household at least). Kumiko is a very doting and endearing mother her only child, Ren Griffin. She can be a bit overbearing, very nosy and annoying at times, but Ren is still very grateful to her for everything. Kumiko is one of the main reasons Ren is the gentleman he is today. The Japanese evidently raised her son well.

( Work )
Carina "Rina" ___
| Elven Secretary
description

( The Show )
Edra Malcomm | Devilish Mate
The first male on the show that he met and got to know. Edra was part of his group during the group activity for Day 2. There were still quite a number of things he doesn't know about the male (for one, he isn't aware that he's a demon yet), but he considers Edra to be one of his mates (friends) now. With that said, Ren is likely to avoid any girls he believes that Edra might go after. Of course, if he himself fancies the same girl then this might change; Ren doubts that it would happen since he believes Edra and Avianna are likely to end up together. He just hopes that Avianna would treat Edra right in the event that they do end up together.

Siegfried Jensen | The Flashy Druid
Although the two have yet to meet during Day 2, the druid certainly left a flashy impression on the young managing director with his flashy and magical performance. It reminded Ren of his elven secretary and the stories she shared regarding some of the magic the other elves could do which she could not.

They finally met and interacted with one another during Day 3 wherein the two were placed under the same team for the group event. Although it was meant to be a four man team, the other two participants on their team (Kyoko and Justin) weren't exactly active. In fact, they did nothing to help out the two. Despite the major handicap however, their team managed to win the group event. Ren was rather surprised, but happy nonetheless. Thanks to this, he now has a more positive impression of the druid.

Carl Savette | Blonde Hulk
A man who left the show before Ren could even interact with him. The half-Brit is neutral when it comes to the blonde guy with the afro. However, due to his performance for the talent show during Day 2, Ren isn't too fond of the guy. Ren finds showcasing one's physical strength in such a manner to be quite distasteful. When it was announced that he was leaving, Ren felt nothing; he was neither sad nor happy. Though he supposes he should be happy that he had one less competitor.

Justin Star | Mr. Lazy
description Ren is definitely not a big fan of Justin. Having never met the guy, Ren didn't know what to expect of him when he was placed in the same team of the blonde. The experience was horrible. Justin was certainly a guy he would never ever hire in InTech. He's surprised the guy even had a job, though after the performance he put up, Ren was pretty certain the blonde would probably get fired from his current job the moment he is sent home from the show. Justin didn't do anything to help out during the team event for Day 3. Thankfully they still won, but it certainly wasn't because of Justin.

Jamie Weterally | Ms. Heterochromia
//very positive impression; was quite fond of her; she brought out the hidden laid back persona in him?; he liked her voice and saw potential in her; was quite saddened by the news that she's leaving

Avianna Bellerose | Antagonistic Blonde
//negative impression; nope; just no; stay away; she cray cray; barmy blonde alert;

Mei Ling | Little Lady
//positive impression; finds her cute; protective senses activate; knows not to mess with her tho; first person in the show to kiss him on the cheek so he's quite flattered...ish; probably gonna be a little awks around her?

Hana Fujimata | Kindred Spirit
//very positive impression; share a skill in cooking; a fellow person who's musically inclined; really likes her voice and would love to accompany her with his violin when the opportunity arises; finds her beautiful; wants to get to know her more; finds himself attracted to her

Kyoko Rosseau | Ms. Lazy
description //bad impression; similar to Justin she didn't help out during the group event in Day 3; another person whom Ren would never hire want in InTech; believes she'll face the same fate as Justin when it comes to her job when she returns home; thinks she and Justin are perfect for each other

//Kalna and Vander to be added here later when they're introduced IC

Last edited:
@darkflames13 Yay~ Another male *throws you with a lot of flowers*, now the number for both genders are even. I'll be waiting for him ^^

I'd like to reserve a male if I could. :3

@Moogle-Girl In no time the males' slots are filled :3 and sure you can ^^

NAME: Carl Savette
RACE: Human

APPEARANCE: Carl has a very square-looking silhouette: six and a half feet of firm lines and sharp angles, with muscles built up from hobbyistic workouts. He has broad shoulders and a firm, masculine jaw. Small brown eyes offset a large rectangular nose and a wide mouth, all helping to give him quite the intimidation factor. The only thing that disrupts his threatening appearance -- quite efficiently at that -- is his hair: a golden blond afro. Every hair is always kept perfectly in place, and if you happen to muss it up even the slightest bit, god help you.

PERSONALITY: To someone he doesn't know very well, Carl is cold and forceful, always making sure his voice is heard and his commands are heeded. If you listen to him, he'll back off, but ignore him or go against his very important advice and you're sure to suffer. Among friends and family, Carl warms up a little. He shows a more quiet, subdued side of himself, one that cares deeply for his loved ones and puts the needs of others before his own whenever possible. Feeling useful is important to him; he always makes sure he has a job to do. Having a lot on his plate is rarely a problem.

SKILLS: Cooking, watchmaking, weightlifting, leading a team
DISLIKES: People touching his hair, wearing shoes, pranks (even harmless ones)
FEARS: Not being needed, not being able to hold down a relationship
REASON FOR JOINING THIS SHOW: Too many relationships seemed to have failed because of him; he needs a confidence boost

OTHER INFORMATION
Favorite color: Yellow
Favorite movie genres: Sci-fi, action, historical documentary
Favorite song genres: Nothing in particular; he doesn't listen to music much
Favorite food and drink: Lobster stew with a fine wine

@Moogle-Girl He is such a fine man, but can I be a little bit demanding? >.< Can you find a suitable picture for him? Since I wanna put his face on the accepted candidates like other, so it will be easier to see. Is it okay? However, you can tell me if you can't find the picture and we can think about how to put you character.