1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Sci-fi, Fantasy, Horror, Thriller, Modern, Fandoms
Hey there!

I was wondering around the vacuum of the great internet when I came across a mention of a Light novel series/anime that I enjoy very much. I've decided to go ahead and poke in here and see if perhaps anyone might know of said Light Novel/anime series, being called Date a Live.

For anyone who reads this and isn't familiar with the Light Novel/anime, let me give you a generalized setting.

~Introduction to the world~
[spoili]
This takes place in a slightly further into the future world, not by much, just 10 years. Most the technology is the same, and life is for the most part similar to how we know it. The main difference comes in a very specific manner, being called Spirits.

Those Spirits are an unknown to our world. 30 years ago, the first appearance of a Spirit occurred. There was no explanation of what it was, how it came to be or what brought it to that spot. The only thing people who survived reported was that the spirit appeared for a couple of brief moments, in the shape of a person, before the first Spacequake hit and wiped a small town.

There has been silence for 25 years, until more Spirits have begun to show up around a different town in Japan. Two factions rose to deal with them, each one with a different ideal and goal.

The first, AST (Anti-Spirit Taskforce), was formed under the watchful eye of the Government with cooperation from a third-party company with the purpose of bringing down the threat of the Spirits by taking them down. They do not try to investigate, interrogate, torture or anything. The only thing they want is to see the Spirits gone for good.

The second, called Ratatoskr, is led by a private company with the purpose of finding the Spirits, finding out what they want, and help them find a peaceful way of integrating into society by sealing the Spirit's powers and thus turning them into a regular human.
[/spoili]​

Now with the introduction out of the way, I was thinking that by altering a few minor details (Single Main Male with only Female Spirits that MUST fall in love with him) We could still have a very interesting world to operate in. What if Ratatoskr had different ways of sealing than just falling in love and kissing (Lets face it, it could complicate things at a later stage a LOT).

What if the AST did try to capture Spirits to interrogate them?

So many possibilities in Alternate Universe, and I'm here to ask:

Do you want to explore a world with Spirits? Will you aim for a kill shot, or perhaps...

Date a Live? (I'm not sorry.)

I'm pretty familiar.

Just make sure the Spirits have a numbered name motif and the tree of Kaballah motif and I'm putting tabs.

Reactions: Nim
I'm pretty familiar.

Just make sure the Spirits have a numbered name motif and the tree of Kaballah motif and I'm putting tabs.

Well, I wasn't planning on controlling on the spirits and letting a couple of other players make spirits too, but I can certainly add a little note that Spirits must have a number motif in their name :)

Oh, I remember Date A Live...been a while since I watched that anime.

It has been some time since the second season of the anime came out, yeah. But the Light Novels are still going strong!

Oh if there is a RP...I call Netzach!

Hehe, good choice ;) When it comes to the spirits, it's first comes, first served. And as requested by Crow, there will need to be a number motif in the name (I'll leave the number open for the people to choose 3, between 1 to 10.)

And I'll start working on an OOC, which will be up sometime in the near week. Hopefully by the time its up we will have a couple more interests, I'm gonna keep the roleplay open for more people until we have... 3 Spirits that are not controlled by me, 5 AST agents and 5 Ratatoskr agents. Gotta have enough chances for conflicts, right? (People will be able to have up to 2 characters each, though I don't expect every single person to take two.)

Luckily I got 2 OCs on standby. One a Spirit the other DEM Brigadir General..
But I will have to water them down most likely

Luckily I got 2 OCs on standby. One a Spirit the other DEM Brigadir General..
But I will have to water them down most likely

I'm not planning on bringing DEM so quickly into the mix, so you will have some time to work further on that and also pass it by.
Either way, I believe that the OOC should be up by Monday/Tuesday.

Update: I'm halfway done with constructing the OOC. If anyone has any questions regarding what they can or cant put in their sheet, you can start asking me now either here or via PM. There will be sheets existing for Spirits, AST and Ratatoskr.

I am considering making a neutral sheet that could be brought into the mix and then allowed the choice of joining either side, but I thought that I'd ask you guys if I should or not.

Last edited: