Darkest of Memories: Gossip's Horror Search (+2 OC Tokyo Ghoul cravings!)

Gossip

WARNING: TOO MUCH INFORMATION
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Mostly Fri-Sun, with chances of Mon-Thu appearances at around 4PM EST
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Seeking playgrounds for my dumb Bois ATM!
I've found some interest to write again tonight, and as such I've got a craving I rarely have that I need to scratch: Horror, of any shape and flavour. I usually go for light-hearted stories, but right now I'm in the mood for something surreal, creepy and maybe even dashes of grotesque and violent. I'm thinking tense atmospheres, mysteries, strange phenomena and even unhealthy relationships thrown in, from inherently subtle Japanese style thrillers to straight-up Hollywood Slasher flics. The plot can be as simple or as complicated as you want, and I've no problem with any ratio of action VS character development as well, so feel free to suggest anything from the ideas I'll outline here. :)

• I can be really slow, and my mental health is pretty bad lately. That means I can take a while before I can post anything of note.
  • I can write anywhere from three paragraphs to 10+ mini novellas a post.
  • I can play any gender, of any sexuality. That does not mean that any of my characters will end up falling in love with yours.
  • I love to chat and brainstorm/fangirl over our plot and characters! As such, feel free to talk to me via PM or Discord at any time!
  • I'm extremely ditch and ghost friendly.
  • I'm looking for something that is not romance based at the moment. There can be sparks flying of course, but romance shouldn't be the main focus.
  • Please be ready to suggest things and add to the plot. Please also be open to at least play NPCs of any gender and sexuality.
Ideas & Cravings​

Urchins & Scoundrels: A mix of Charles Dicken and Lovecraft, with bodysnatchers, lifetime criminals and social injustice set in a particuliarly cold winter in the Victorian London slums. There is no friends, no true allies, but only tools and potential threats to be found.

Boarding School of Horror: This idea would require a variety of characters with ages ranging from teenagers to the elderly, and would either be an all-boy or an all-girl boarding school set in either WWI or WWII. There would definitely be bullying, Stepford smiler shenanigans and plenty of room for the uncanny valley and dark secrets. While this can certainly be a ghost story, it can also either be a 'secret human experimentation' deal or even a 'the Antichrist goes to school' affair.

Wartime Spies: I want cyphers, betrayals and plenty of ambiguousness for this one, and I got my general mood from a flash game I played long ago. There will be high stakes, horrible decisions and plenty of butterfly effects.

Lover's Lane: As it say, I would like to play around the good old Lover Lane's unban legends like The Hook. Let's make our own spin on it!

Fun with an Ouija Board: Just as it says on the can, plenty of ghostly shenanigans!

Bad Company: Character A met Character B through a party thrown by Character C. Seems simple, right? But Character B doesn't feel right to Character A; in fact, Character B set off all kinds of alarms in Character A's brain through they can't immediately find why they seem so... off. Well, better stay clear in any case, it's just for a night anyways, and Character C, that social butterfly, is bound to have some shadier guests with such a large friend circle. Well, the problem is that it's not the last time A met B. In fact, B seems to get closer and closer to C as the weeks go by, and C seems to be changing... and not for the better. What the hell is going on? Potential triggers are stalking, abuse of pretty much all kinds and drug use.

Transmigrated in Death Row: Completely average joe suddenly dying and reincarnating into a murderer on death row in one of the worst prisons in the world.

At Any Cost: An aggrieved and vengeful lover set out to track down and bring justice to their dead partner's hit and run killer... at any cost necessary.

Death Game: Let's just mess around with those 'stuck in a battle royale or killer game' trope.

Tokyo Ghoul: I'm craving either a Gourmet (Half?)Ghoul x Dove or something exploring the utter clusterfuck of having an unplanned Half-Ghoul pregnancy.

Static Silence: Character A wakes up abruptly from their cryogenic sleep in total, eerie silence with the dull flashing lights of their sleeping pod's emergency life support sputtering into nothingness. That shouldn't be the case, as they should have been woken up by a fellow crew member should there have been a problem, and their surrounding seems like they haven't seen human life in years, if not decades. Worst still is the stench... there's nothing but rotting bodies in the pods around them, and try as they might they can't reach anyone with their PerCOM. What is going on here? Stranded Space Survivor x Decaying, Bugged Comand Center AI x Hostile Alien?

Shadow of You: A popular idol find their life ruined after a simple oversight in signing a contract made their image into the public domain, leading to not only a horrifying amount of creepy fanworks but also a much more chilling discovery: They were cloned without their knowledge. Multiple times.

MOTHER is Here:Promising that their implants would turn juvenile delinquents into model citizens, a company developed an advanced AI that would guide the troubled youths into the leaders of tomorrow... or that's what they said. The facts are much direr, for the real purpose of the implant wasn't to make sure the kids turned out well adjusted and kind, on the contrary; it merely made sure that would be sociopaths would turn into genuine psychopaths in order to bolster an increasingly cutthroat totalitarian society. After all, it's not the lack of empathy that is the problem... it's the children's inability to plan ahead... enter MOTHER: Mechanical Organism Treating Hope, Empathy and Responsibility!

Hello Gossip!

I'm new to the site (but not so much new to roleplaying) and was wondering if you would be interested in starting an informal PRP with me! I think that we have very similar interests as far as what we would want from a roleplay right now and I think it would be fun! I'm particularly interested in a tokyo ghoul inspired roleplay just because I know that universe the best from the ones mentioned above. Otherwise, I've really been craving an Attack on Titan style as well.

Let me know what you think! I'm very flexible and so I would love to hear any other ideas you may have.

Thank you for your time!

Reactions: Gossip
Hello Gossip!

I'm new to the site (but not so much new to roleplaying) and was wondering if you would be interested in starting an informal PRP with me! I think that we have very similar interests as far as what we would want from a roleplay right now and I think it would be fun! I'm particularly interested in a tokyo ghoul inspired roleplay just because I know that universe the best from the ones mentioned above. Otherwise, I've really been craving an Attack on Titan style as well.

Let me know what you think! I'm very flexible and so I would love to hear any other ideas you may have.

Thank you for your time!
Nice to meet you! Feel free to PM me with your idea, then!