Darkened Skies; Dead Mans Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normal infantry wear a upgraded version of todays armor system. kevlar, plating, hardened plastics and the like. You are more mobile when it comes to terrain and tight spaces obviusly.

Exosuits are clunkier and more "safe" in that they can take alot more then you.

This is the kind of armor a normal Infantry men wear; https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4b/35/2a/4b352ac34d8e74d1877a3ac4baa27334.jpg

This is a Powerarmor soldier; https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e7/79/24/e7792437ad97d18248cb1fac796ec0dc.jpg

Huh. If that's the power armour I might remodel my character slightly to be more of a bruiser, that or switch him over to recon like you have him listed. In the OP and forego any powerarmor, or plates at all.

Oh. I simply assumed due to your traits that you were meant to be a faster, less front line type. What with the crackshot and Demolition, you were more of the silent, sabotour type. Especially with your background in mind. I did not take carapace armor to mean the power armor set. But yeah. Powerarmor is clunky, but allows you alot of strength and armor.

Annnn I clearly missed the fact that you had a LMG.... GOOD JOB HELLIS.

At this point in the recovery are soliders under orders to kind of try and keep buildings and such intact or is more of a do what you can to get rid of the baddies kind of deal?

Yellow zones have alot of threat to them. Soldiers engage everything from Scions, to rouge elements of uncorperating armies. Survivors are not always nice people. Not to mention there may be Invaders hidden and regrouping anywhere not properly reclaimed. Subway systems per example. So it is more "Root them out by any means possible."

If they were to miss a lair, and it lay undisturbed. Resettling processes might end up a bloodbath.

[QUOTE="Hellis, post: 2095813, member: 12177]
Annnn I clearly missed the fact that you had a LMG.... GOOD JOB HELLIS.[/QUOTE]

Haven't you ever heard of Recce in Force? It's a pretty big deal in Russia I guess.

Well shit now I'm torn between a bruiser that tries to murder all the bugs and a recce type that tries to murder all the bugs with alternatives.

I do lean a bit towards recce though so let's say I get to work on that tonight.

Recce in Force still relies on basic stealth tactics from what I know. Not as heavily armed. Hence why I assumed you were in lighter gear and aimed towards sniper and distance. A LMG is a rather cumbersome weapon in general.

Yeah it would be heavy, huffing around 600 or so rounds while trying to be sneaky. Still a bit torn on what to play. Any preference on what I should take to balance out the group? I'm fairly confident I can have fun with a LMG or a DMR and explosives.

Yellow zones have alot of threat to them. Soldiers engage everything from Scions, to rouge elements of uncorperating armies. Survivors are not always nice people. Not to mention there may be Invaders hidden and regrouping anywhere not properly reclaimed. Subway systems per example. So it is more "Root them out by any means possible."

If they were to miss a lair, and it lay undisturbed. Resettling processes might end up a bloodbath.
oh good, cause a railgun is not very good at avoiding collateral damage.

oh good, cause a railgun is not very good at avoiding collateral damage.
ehehehehe

ehehe

heh

We'll see.

Yeah it would be heavy, huffing around 600 or so rounds while trying to be sneaky. Still a bit torn on what to play. Any preference on what I should take to balance out the group? I'm fairly confident I can have fun with a LMG or a DMR and explosives.
Either works fine by me. I would suggest the DMR and explosives approach though. We lack a demolition guy otherwise.

@Hellis I dont think I've asked, but what does the carapace armour for the infantry guys look like, and does it give them any benefit in mobility, or is it just a defensive piece of equipment?
I was just looking for an armour name, and came up with Carapace. I'm just treating it as the standard body armour.

I was just looking for an armour name, and came up with Carapace. I'm just treating it as the standard body armour.
It is the name of the standard now. It's like the picture shown. Modern/Near Future composite and kevlar combination.

It is the name of the standard now. It's like the picture shown. Modern/Near Future composite and kevlar combination.

Derp. Thought it was the power armour. Well silly me.

That's understandable. Well. We will hopefully have two more infantrymen joining the game soonish. At which point I'll kick this puppy into gear

Yeah, I'll try to get my sheet up tomorrow.

Infantry man here. Will post CS soon. Until then. Any roles that need to be filled?

Last edited:
They are rather well rounded if a bit heavy on the close range. GO with what you'd think be fun.

Edited my character sheet to switch over to a recce role. Also added a "explosives bag" which is my way of saying "when I google how to c4 shit, I'll have the equipment IC to do it, instead of throwing plastic explosives like they're play'doh".

I'll have a character up in a day or two. I'll fill out the leader role.

Status
Not open for further replies.