Darkened Skies; Dead Mans Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is a two meter tall person someone you don't take notice off? 2 meters is extremely tall, even here in sweden where tall is name of the game, 2 meters is a hell of a lot. The updated backstory is approved by the way. So is the appearance. Fix the tabs, you are approved.

Sorry for the spam, tabs kept going wonky :(

Fleshed out Appearance a little, and added a picture (which I was actually using as a base for my description anyway)

Backstory built up.

And sorry, wonky conversion :P He's about 6ft, will update

Ah. 6ft is around 180ish or a little more I think. That's pretty average indeed. Ok accepted as mentioned.

Traits are there to give you a style of your own. What exactly where you thinking?

You know what do t worry about it, I have an idea of what I want to do know

What year did the Psy-Ops program begin? I want to work that into my character's backstory.

• Name: Ray "Marcus" LeeRoy

Callsign: Ironclaw

Appearance:

content_celebrities_mar10_article1.jpg

Ray stands at a height of six foot one and weighs about 160 pounds. He has chocolate brown skin and has a light mustache and beard. He is lean and did not have any abs, but after years of fighting he has finally earned them. Due to his height he has long arms, but they show that he is fit. He has short, curly, black hair, that usually grows up to a height of four inches. His eyes are a deep, dark brown, and he always seems to be sleepy.

Brief Background: Ray was born in the once beautiful city of Brooklyn, New York. He had a fairly normal childhood that was filled with basketball games, classes, and RPG games. Throughout his school life he indulged in everything that he could, even if society viewed it as, "nerdy". His mother was a restaurant cook and his father was a business man. Ray would join his mother in the kitchen every afternoon and cook with her. Unfortunately, as time went on, things between his mother and father began to tense up. They argued regularly, on almost any subject, and by the time Ray turned 12, they had divorced.

To add insult to injury that was the year when the invasion took place. Ray was with his mother at the time, and they were fortunate enough to get to an evacuation point, and get out of the city and into a Military Safe zone in Boston. Unfortunately, they were not able to get in touch with his father. He and his mother were immediately put to work, in the kitchens. Ray did his best to help the people around him, this way he would take his mind off the loss of his father. After a few months things were getting worse on the east coast. The enemy was advancing twoards them and they would have to leave. They jumped on a boat and traveled from Boston to the Jamaica, were most of the American troops were congregating at that time.

Ray and his mother cooked and cleaned there for about 5 years before Ray was sent to a Military training school to learn there. He made little friends and was unable to see his mother due to the fact that they had given the students rooming. Ray was thought his to use a Mech, fire weapons, and Military battle plans. A year later when Ray turned 18, he was enlisted into the Army and sent to the front lines. Ray has been involved in many large scale battles in his 14 years in the Military. Ray has witnessed many of his fellow soldiers die in front of his face. Despite the higher ups constant talk of retaking everything, Ray does not have optimistic view of the future. Ray still hopes to find his father alive, and finally be able to sit down with his mother for a change, instead of fighting the aliens that took that away from him.

• Role: Pilot
    Traits:
    -Light Operator
    -Easy Sync
    -Sharp Mind
    -Bullet Storm

-Adept Cook:
    After spending many afternoons in the kitchen with his mother, Ray had learned how to cook many different meals. He can cook with what he has, but he is not a master, so don't expect him not to make mistakes.

-Problem Solver:
    After spending time with his father at the shop, Ray has acquired a lot of the knowledge that his father had. He is able to come up this answers to situations that you may have not thought of. And if he cannot come up with one on the spot, he will come back to you later with an answer if need be.

Equipment:
    -Sig 336 Z-Nine: A high caliber, semi-automatic pistol. It uses about 14 rounds. It is capable of using silencers and had a low profile sight adjuster.

-Falxion – A heavy, single-edged combat knife with a forwards curving blade. Designed for slashes rather than stabs, the weight of the blade makes it capable of cutting through thin armor.

-Emergency Medkit – A variety of dressings, medical equipment and drugs to carry out emergency treatment.

• Frame; Ares

Weapons; 1x Right shoulder mounted 6 barreled Laser guided Missile launcher.(Disposable after used)

1x Left shoulder mounted Heat Gun.

1x P90 Assault Rifle, outfitted with fire selector, holds up to 50 rounds utilizes and mid-range/infrared scope.
    LaTeX:
    \[\]
    1x Riot shield on the left arm

Special Systems: Jet propulsion systems: Can propel a mech forward, backward, left or right with boosters. These can only propel them a few feet, and cannot be used in rapid succession.

640x906_9814_Helldiver_trojan_apu_2d_sci_fi_mech_robot_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

• Name: Ray "Marcus" LeeRoy

Callsign: Ironclaw

Appearance:

content_celebrities_mar10_article1.jpg

Ray stands a six foot one and weighs about 160 pounds. He has chocolate brown skin and has a light mustache and beard. He is lean, but does not have abs but after years of fighting he has finally earned them. Due to his height he has long arms, but they show that he is fit. He has short, curly, black hair, that usually grows up to a height of four inches. His eyes are a deep, dark brown, and he always seems to be sleepy.

Brief Background: Ray was born in the once beautiful city of Brooklyn. He had a fairly normal child hood, it was filled with basketball games, math classes, and RPG games. Throughout his school life he indulged in everything that he could, even if society viewed it as, "nerdy" He mother was a restaurant cook and his father was a business man. Ray would join his mother in the kitchen every afternoon and cook with her. Unfortunately, as time went on, things between his mother and father were tense. They argued regularly, on almost any subject.

By the he turned 18 and graduated high school, his parents had divorced. Out of fusturation, Ray choose to live on his own. He worked at a local Starbucks as a clerk for a few months, only making a few dollars. He had planed to go to college for business and marketing, but he could not come up the money needed. Eventually, with the help of his parents, he had applied and was accepted, but unfortunately, his independent lifestyle was cut short when the invasion took place.

Ray was one of the first few who was evacuated out of the city and into a Millitary Safe zone in Boston. For a short time, Ray did his best to help the people around him, this way he would take his mind of his parents. It was not long after that when he was Drafted into the Millitary and forced to fight. In his 13 years in the military, Ray had witnessed many of his fellow soldiers die in front of his face. Despite the higher ups constant talk of retaking everything, Ray does not have optimistic view of the future.

• Role: Pilot
    Traits:
    -Light Operator
    -Easy Sync
    -Sharp Mind
    -Bullet Storm
    -Adept Cook: After spending many afternoons in the kitchen with his mother, Ray had learned how to cook many different and unique food. He can cook with the best of what he has, but he is not a master, so don't expect him not to make mistakes.
    -Problem Solver: After spending time with his father at the shop, Ray has acquired a lot if the knowledge that his father had. He is able to come up this answers to situations that you may have not thought of. And if he cannot come up with one on the spot, he will come back to you later with an answer if need be.

Equipment:
    -Sig 336 Z-Nine: A high caliber, semi-automatic pistol. It uses about 14 rounds. It is capable of using silencers and had a low profile sight adjuster.
    -Falxion – A heavy, single-edged combat knife with a forwards curving blade. Designed for slashes rather than stabs, the weight of the blade makes it capable of cutting through thin armour.
    -Emergency Medkit – A variety of dressings, medical equipment and drugs to carry out emergency treatment.

• Frame; Ares

Weapons; 1x Right shoulder mounted 6 barreled Laser guided Missile launcher.(Disposable after used)

1x Left shoulder mounted Heat Gun.

1x P90 Assault Rifle, outfitted with fire selector, holds up to 50 rounds utilizes and mid-range/infrared scope.
    LaTeX:
    \[\]
    1x Riot shield on the left arm

Special Systems: Jet propulsion systems: Can propel a mech forward, backward, left or right with boosters. These can only propel them a few feet, and cannot be used in rapid succession.

640x906_9814_Helldiver_trojan_apu_2d_sci_fi_mech_robot_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Just gonna say, according to the timeline he should be 12 when the invasion started.

Just gonna say, according to the timeline he should be 12 when the invasion started.
This is the 13th of the war correct. He would actually be 19.

Unless it has not been 13 years...

The invasion started "year 0"

It has been 20 years since then. If he is 32 now, deduction tells you he'd be 12 during the invasions beginning.

The invasion started "year 0"

It has been 20 years since then. If he is 32 now, deduction tells you he'd be 12 during the invasions beginning.

Ohhh alright, my bad, I'll fix that!

I love how my Dacian-inspired combat knife has become standard equipment :P

Otherwise, You made a bunch of typos that I myself sometimes do. give it a once over again when you can but it looks fine. I dig the Ares model you chose. It is now the canon appearance for it.

I love how my Dacian-inspired combat knife has become standard equipment :P

Ya, I really had no idea what to do for a knife! I thought it would make sense to have troops carry stranded issue...knives.

Otherwise, You made a bunch of typos that I myself sometimes do. give it a once over again when you can but it looks fine. I dig the Ares model you chose. It is now the canon appearance for it.

Alright, changed up Bio and fixed up all the typos that I could find.

And thank you! It was actually kind of hard to find lol.

Established Player Canon;

The Appearance of the Ares.
The Falxion Combat Knife.

Not sure if the bacgound flies, so I can change it as is required. Also the tabs don't seem to be working well for me in the preview, so if they don't show up right on the actual forum, as they seem to in my case, I'll get to work on fixing them. Fixed the tabs. Now I just need a callsign. Admittedly I forgot about that.

• Name: Alexandre Armand LeBlanc
    Callsign:
    Appearance: Alexandre has a fairly common build he believes. He's nearer the taller side, edging around six foot two, and has a fair bit of bulk to him. His dark brown hair is cut short and his beard trimmed, or when the occasion calls, clean shaven. Plain would be the an adequate description of his features; bushy eyebrows, a straight nose, and broad jaw. Bright blue eyes are slightly sunken behind pronounced cheek bones. His lips are forever curled in a scowl and he speaks with a large voice, indicative of years of shouting.

Brief Background: Alexandre was lucky enough to be born in the Maritimes in Canada. Home to thick forests and lower than average wages it should be no surprise that Alexandre didn't have a particularly wealthy upbringing. His father, a career soldier, and his mother, a bank teller, were married in their early twenties. They were diligent and self sufficient, paying off their home and erecting a stringent spending budget long before Alexandre was born. Slightly more than a decade since his parents had been married; their son grew up with an affirmed sense of respect and a strong work ethic.

Living near one of the largest bases in the commonwealth Alexandre took to the army brat lifestyle and enjoyed playing with the other brats. Though they frequently got in trouble, the group wasn't without their morals and most of their shenanigans were nothing more than that. Growing up with the same boys as good friends Alexandre wove himself into a tight knit group that understood and supported each other, even if onlookers thought the insults genuine.

After some time his father began to take him hunting, beginning the long journey of honing his son into a sureshot hunter. Alexandre enjoyed hunting, the silence and escapism associated with it. He didn't have a particular stomach for gutting his kills, but he hoped it would come with time. In exchange for being allowed to hunt Alexandre was expected to work when he could. Limited because of his age this work was a ruse to lend him out to his grandfather to help chop wood, shovel the driveway, and anything else the old man wanted some help with. When the old man was feeling nice he'd even slip some cash Alexandre's way without letting his father know.

It was when Alexandre was sixteen that the invasion began. Living in such close proximity to the base and with his father as a liaison he managed to keep informed on the developing situation. Near the time when New York fell the Canadian military was fully involved in attempting to repel the invasion, but with a relatively small army to cover the land most of the resources were pulled back towards Ontario, and subsequently decimated. Alexandre had already, as many others had, equipped himself to his best ability to fight against the invasion when swarms began to appear near his city. Though the military was still active in the region it did little to change the advance of the F'hatagar and it quickly became a survival story instead of a resistance.

Alexandre was one of those so lucky to survive under the burning curtain that enveloped his hometown, albeit by abandoning it. He pushed south, met up with others and did his best to avoid the insectlike scourge and live until the next day. It was during the next decade that Alexandre honed every skill he had, and gained the dedication to fight until his last breath. As a trail was blazed towards New York he met up with a militant group and he was amalgamated into the ranks of the UHC, and there he fought and would continue to until his last damned breath.

• Role: Infantry
    Traits:
    1. Mental Fortitude
    2. Sharpshooter
    3. Bullet Storm
    4. Demolitions Expert
    5. Pressure Treated – Accustomed to difficult situations you've learned to adapt and overcome.
    6. Sneaky – You're hard to see, hear or otherwise notice. And you're great at hiding. Coward.

Equipment
    • Lightweight Webbing - A self altered webbing to get rid of excess pouches and cut down on bulk. Carries front plate.
    • F98A2 - A bullpup 6.5x55 DMR made by Belgium before the invasion. Equipped with a 4x10x42 scope the rifle is accurate to 800 meters and utilizes 26 round magazines of lethal 140gr rounds.
    • G17M (Gen8) – An updated Glock 17, this 9mm pistol fires high velocity rounds with a fragmentation tip for effective fire against lightly armoured targets. This round also perforates light cover as spall. Has a standard magazine size of 15 rounds and is compatible with nearly all pistol modifications, such as laser sights, flashlights, and their ilk.
    • Fragmentation Grenade – A standard fragmentation grenade with a typical fuse, considered lethal to 7 meters and dangerous to 300.
    • C4 – A commonly employed military plastic explosive; safe in nearly all situations, and moldable to many situations.
    • Det Cord – A corded explosive used in conjecture with C4 and other plastic explosives.
    • Combat Knife – A standard style combat knife with a two inch serrated section near the handle and a drop point tip.
    • Explosives Bag - Everything you need to work with explosives; detonators, wires, a multitool, and some extras to help in the setting of small bombs. Weighs 8Lbs.

• Name: Marcus 'Sten' Revna

Callsign: Agent Reaver

Appearance:
    tumblr_mhz7eiCu8j1r21rsxo1_1280.jpg
    Brief Background: Sten is a survivor of New York, he was 9 years old when the invasion began, 10 when the F'hatagar captured and systematically killed everyone he knew, and 11 when the remnants of the US Army launched their final offensive into the city and rescued him, along with all other survivors they could find. He was soon evaced with most other survivors to Europe when most of the Americas became overrun.

Sten coped with this trauma through intense hatred of the F'hatagar. He tried time and again to join the UHC armed forces, but was always rejected on the grounds of his psyche-evaluation; he was deemed too volatile and would be a liability to his squadmates. He almost gave into despair before the UHC higher-ups noticed his repeated attempts to join and offered him a position in a new branch of armed forces.

At the age of 23, he joined the Psy-Ops. He uses his intense hatred of the F'hatagar to fuel his psychic abilities. He earned honors in the Third Battle of Istanbul, where he went face to face with a banshee to rescue a squad. Though technically he neurally overloaded the banshee, the men he rescued always remebered him as the man who shouted a banshee to death.

He started experiencing hallucinations two years ago, and now experiences them with rather alarming regularity. Usually they are of his old family or friends, but occassionally they are of lost comrades. He makes no secret of his sanity: it has been an eventuality he has expected for quite some time. Recently, however, one figure he doesn't know has entered his hallucinations: a woman dressed and veiled all in white, who is called the Bride; he doesn't know wheather he came up with the name or she did. She speaks in cryptic and often prophetic ways, and while Sten treats his other hallucinations with spite or disdain, he can't help but listen to the Bride. He doesn't know if she is malevolent or beneficial, but she unnerves him.

• Role: Psy-Ops
    Traits:
    Traits:
    Mental Fortitude
    Adept Elecrokinesis; Arch Lightning
    Where the limited Electrokinetics allows you to force and control strong static currents capable of stunning and shocking people. You can control bigger amount, even direct currents. One result of this is to harmlessly redirecting allready existing electrical sources to fire back out in a concentrated form from your hands or a current leading metal object in your current possession.
    Adept Telepathy; Mind Reading Aside from being able to speak directly in to the mind of others, your telepathy now allows you to go into the mind of others and extract information. A dangerous task in itself, as minds can still repel you, it is none the less a powerful tool.
    Mind War Combining the powers of Electrokinesis and Telepathy, this allows the user to forcefully enter the mind of a target to overload and burn out the target's neurons. Despite it's power, the potential for backfire remains high and is extremely taxing. The subject visibly suffers and effect similar to that of Ghouls, but there are no mind control effects.

Equipment:
    Einbrium Psy-Amp Mk. I: The first attempts to develop psychic humans were largely a failure with approximately 70% casualties. The failures of the Mark I program led to the much more refined Mark II Psy-Amp, which killed only 40% of its subjects, and the Mark IIIs, which had an even higher success rate. The Mark IVs, currently in production, are expected to have a 90% survival rate. However, the survivors of the Mark I program are widely considered to be the strongest psychically, though they tend to lack finesse needed for some of the advanced psychic techniques.
    Experimental Einbrium Psy-Modular Weapon System (EEP-MoWS): A byproduct of Psy-Amp research, the EEP-MoWS, or 'Eep-Mouse', is a secondary Psychic Amplifier, often with additional components, customized to compliment an indivudual psyker's unique set of powers. The device can be fitted into a wide variety of objects, including but not limited to swords, staves, backpacks, headgear and belts. Sten's 'Eep-Mouse' is a staff containing a Einbrium battery and electric leads to build and focus electrokinetic energy with more power and precision and a telepathic array allowing for psychic communication at greater ranges. The device has been around for about four years, but remains in the Experimental phase due to the unique manifestations of psykers' powers and the widespread customization required for each individual device. Standard Issue for Psykers.
    Mark XXII Desert Eagle: This .50 caliber pistol is still a popular sidearm in the warzones. Though the hardy firearm hardly needs the extra stopping power, Sten loads it with light-armor piercing high-explosive rounds.
    Psy-Ops Uniform: Besides being standard issue for Psy-Ops personell, Sten's uniform is constructed of non-conductive materials and is reinforced with light kevlar plates containing small amounts of non-newtonian gel, meant to stop light projectiles and fragmentation while being unaffected by his elemental psychic powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.