Darkened Skies; Dead Mans Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

• Name: Kerttu Crighton

Callsign; Lefty

Appearance:
    we_are_mercenary_by_madspartan013-d7lvlvr.jpg

Art Source

Standing five foot-eleven, with a strong, athletic frame, Kerttu can be somewhat imposing. She has dark, chocolate brown hair that is kept shoulder length, a dark tan of complexion, coming from her Sami and Mexican ancestry.

Brief Background: Her mother was a wealthy Finnish business woman, who met her to-be-husband while on vacation in Southern California. Kerttu was born just fours years before the skies gave way to alien horrors that sought the eradication of the human race. She was the youngest of four, with an eldest brother, and two sisters. They were visiting their Kerttu's great-grandmother in Finland when the skies darkened and turned red with fire.

Her family escaped the devastation for several years, but it caught up to the Crightons when Kerttu was ten. As they were trying to evacuate, the defensive line was breached. With swarmers rushing in, many of the remaining men, including her father and her brother, took up arms to slow the swarm, allowing the women and children to escape. Her eldest sister cursed, and swore she would join the military, learn how to fight the monsters that had killed their father and brother. However the girl's mother refused, she was already far along in her studies to become a biological analyst, her mind and skills were needed elsewhere. Kerttu, agreed, she had always been more adept at athletics than her two sisters, and she wouldn't be wasting years of education when those fields needed more people. Even still, her mother tried to talk her out of the idea, but Kerttu insisted.

She began her training as early as she could, driven by self-discipline and desire to start reclaiming Earth for all of humanity. Her fierceness in sparring and training were noted, and she was offered a challenge: To become a pilot for the mech units. She found her calling in the Artemis, its lightness, maneuverability, speed, and firepower, all fitting together well with her aggressive nature. In her early years, she sometimes got a bit too aggressive, one such occasion resulted in her cockpit being impaled; the end result was the loss of her left arm, which has been replaced by a prosthetic.

• Role: Pilot
    Traits:
    Easy Sync
    Light Operator
    Athletic
    Steel Discipline
    Combat Aware: Kerrtu has a great awareness about her, able to keep track of hostiles both within visual, and on her sensors.
    Musically Inclined: She has a love of playing stringed instruments.​

Equipment:
    - M96 PDW: A small and compact carbine that is chambered in the standard pistol caliber. Lighter and more handy than the standard AR, but far less powerful. More accurate than the pistol, with a bit more range, and power. Select fire between safe, semi, and 3 round burst. Uses 30 round magazines.
    - Magazine and utility band: A waist band, or belt, that is loaded with six spare magazines, folding entrenching tool, and utility knife.​

• Frame; Artemis
    Name; Corvus
    Weapons;
    Shoulder mounted Heat Cannon. A powerful weapon, for when the big things need a punch in the face.

Left arm: 14.5x114mm Three barrel gatling gun. 1060 Rounds of ammunition. Variable rate of fire.

Right arm: 40mm Semi-automatic cannon. Heavy recoil management reduces rate of fire. Dual ammunition feed: 1 magazine of 40 rounds of Programmable HE-Frag capable of air-burst, delayed impact for light armour piercing, proximity, and impact. Second magazine of 10 APFSDS ammunition for punching into heavy armour.​

Special Systems:
    Advanced Sensor Suite: The frame is outfitted with an advanced electro-optical systems, radar, laser range finding, and a laser designator; enabling her to detect, and relay enemy movements at greater ranges than average mechs. Thus allowing friendly forces to have earlier warning of a potential enemy attack, and greater accuracy at extended ranges.

Jump Jets: A set of electrically charged jump jets that can be used to boost her speed, help her dodge, or jump up to ten meters in height.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted Goldie and ET.

That's it for MEch pilots.

Ghrothor; Einbrium isn't that mallable. Its not able to switch forms and go into such a state that it can transform...

Okay, I'll just make it a staff thingy.
And probably mess with the acronym.

I like EEP-Wow though. Its hilarius. I imagine he calling that in the field and someone going. "Did you just... squeek?"

Reactions: Grothnor
Okay, fixed. Kept the name, nerfed the OP-ness.

Oooh, this is certainly an interesting rp! I'll start on my CS right away, hopefully with a female Psyker. I just don't know if I'll be able to finish it so soon, though.

@Hellis
I always forget to bring up questions like this until after a roleplay starts, so I'll ask now. Is it safe to assume that our characters would carry things like a multitool, paracord, lighters or other small utilities, ordo you want it wrotten down?

Well. Smaller things I dont really have to have written down. More specific items might be needed to make not of. Especially if you aren't engineer geared and what not to begin with.

Also; With how fast the spots are filling up. I might get the IC up by monday next week. MIGHT.

Out of curiosity are we going for the "just recently assembled" team or a "known each other for a while" team?

I'd also love to have a 'fresh meat' kind of character too. i.e. a new recuit on his first operation

Out of curiosity are we going for the "just recently assembled" team or a "known each other for a while" team?
You might know each other from other operations. YOu will be part of "44th Mechanized Infantry" who are slapped together from smaller units as a "Suppression unit" for Reclamation Operations . YOu may choose to be new to the unit or not. If not, you'll likely seen action the past few months together. Mainly stomping out left over nests, taking care of stray elements.

I'd also love to have a 'fresh meat' kind of character too. i.e. a new recuit on his first operation
There will be a bunch of NPC's in the unit to. You might see a grasshopper two.

Alright, man this is going to be a lot of fun!

Now are you going to be playing our bold fearless leader or try and fill another space?

I am not making a Player charachter. I tend to take a GM/Npc position these days. I will have to write and direct enemies, npcs, mission control and god knows what else.

Fair enough, we don't want to stretch you to far.

So, have we got a de facto leader for the squad yet?

(Dibs not it)

'Shotgun' not being leader

I'll likely throw in a poor Sarge to lead you guys for the first mission. Might rotate between different NPC mission leads untill a clear a leader appear.

I added my second item to the specials slot, just making sure that it is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.