Darkened Skies; Dead Mans Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's neat and fine. IT doesn make yo faster, just better at getting over some forms of obstacles. I see it as fully acceptable.

Not leader by reason of preexisting condition (insanity). :P

Ya no increase to the speed just better grip.

Unfortunately circumstances that are beyond my control have forced me to have to drop out, im sorry everyone!

Aww, tough luck man. Hope you are okay!

Good luck against those circumstances @Captain Wumbo. If all else fails punch it in the teeth then apologize, like any good samaritan would.

xD I am a wrestling fan. It is a running joke to wish fired wrestlers "The best in their future endervours"

Reactions: Grothnor
Rafaela da Silva Carvalho, the Cobra

tumblr_inline_nhkvajBRTt1s7taqf.gif

• Name: Rafaela da Silva Carvalho

Callsign; Cobra

Appearance:
    Standing at 5'7", Rafaela is an attractive woman. With a slightly tanned skin, dark hair and hazel eyes, she'd go unnoticed in her home country, Brazil. Her curly long chocolate hair is usually down, though she'll pin it up in a high ponytail while in battle. While not exactly muscular, Raph's body is well fitted, result of hours of running around and such. Usually, dark bags under her eyes will show how exhausted she actually is, even if expression says the contrary.

Brief Background:
    Born in São Paulo, Brazil, Rafaela had a normal childhood, with normal loving parents, a protective big brother, and plenty of friends. That is, until the invasion started. She was only 5 at the time, but the images will forever be stuck in her mind. Blood. Screams. Grey. Death. However, if there was one image that would eternally haunt the little girl, was the memory of her parent's death. It had happened 2 years after the initial wave of attack, they had managed to avoid the main frontlines by going up North, nevertheless, the battle reached them. It was a sudden attack, one no one expected. And it cost their death. She still remembers the smell of blood as her parents' bodies are ripped apart, the absolute feeling of dread and anger, the hopelessness as Diego, her brother, carried her away. Rafaela was no child anymore.

Four years later and an exhausting travel by boat, the siblings stepped on Caribbean soil for the first time. They chose to reside in one of the Caribbean Islands, where they managed to release the breath they had been holding for the past six years. The situation still wasn't good, but it was far better than the years prior. Rafaela was no fool though, she knew it was far from over, humanity still ran the risk of extinction. But at least, Raph had Diego, and for her that was enough. Inside her heart, something started to shine once again, something she had believed to be long lost. Hope. Not hope for humanity, no, hope for her little broken family of two. She believed that now she and her brother could finally settle down for a while and just be siblings, not having to fully worry about monsters. Oh, how wrong she was. How wrong.

Diego proved himself to be an utter fool.

Two years after having arrived at the Caribbean, Diego decided to join the UHC, he wanted to do anything to help. Even if that meant to leave his little sister alone. All for the greater good, eh? It wasn't surprising when, a year later, Rafaela received the news of her brother's death. According to the soldiers, it had been an honorable one, since he sacrificed himself to save a family of four. Stupid Diego. The girl didn't care about the family of four, she cared about her brother, who betrayed her and abandoned her. She didn't want him to be a hero, she wanted him to be her big brother. That day, Rafaela found out she didn't couldn't share anymore tear, so she cried in silence.

She spent most of her time in an orphanage, helping the children that met the same fate as her. She could do that much. At the age of 19, Rafaela joined the UHC, and how hypocrite that sounded. She didn't care though, for she had grown to understand the motive of what her brother did what he did. It's what she wanted someone had done for her family. What a selfish thought, but again, she didn't care. The first years had been tough, as she wasn't a physically strong person. The role of soldier and pilot didn't fit her, and that's when someone proposed to her the Psyker project. Of course, she accepted. The hallucinations started a few years later, they usually were random ones, though she knew each of them held a meaning. It was her hobby, to find out whatever they meant. It was an amusing way to pass time, terrifying as well. Lately, Diego's voice began to hunt her as well, questioning every course of action Rafaela took. It was both a blessing and a curse. Nevertheless, she grew used to them, she had to, for, even if her mind was a strong one, it had its limits; after all, Raph could already see the edge of the Madness' shadow as it crept closer.

• Role: Psy-Op

Traits:
    Sharp Mind
    Mental Fortitude
    Astral Projection
    Limited Telekinesis
    Silver Tongue - With just the right words and a bit of charm, Rafaela can bend anyone to her will, or get her out of any situation. Words are her best friends.

Equipment:
    - Psy-Op Uniform - The standard uniform, though Rafaela will often leave a few pieces of the uniform out. It is rare for her to be in full uniform.
    - Taurus Raging Bull - The Raging Bull is a Brazilian revolver, not really famous in the field, but still powerful enough. The cartridge used is the .454 Casull.
    - Pocket Knife - a standard pocket knife, extremely useful in certain situations.
    - Einbrium small spears - Two small sharp spears made of Einbrium, they were created with the Telekinesis ability in mind, being light and and deadly enough to be easily used in battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the charachter. But keep in mind you are in a combat unit. Not sure where your seduction will help you when you face monstrosities x3. Also, USA was hit pretty fucking bad so Florida would be less then safe. East Coast was pretty much turned into rubble. Just so you know. There is a reason it has one of the largest Red Zones still.

That said, approved.

I really like the charachter. But keep in mind you are in a combat unit. Not sure where your seduction will help you when you face monstrosities x3. Also, USA was hit pretty fucking bad so Florida would be less then safe. East Coast was pretty much turned into rubble. Just so you know. There is a reason it has one of the largest Red Zones still.

That said, approved.
oh, right, yeah, I hadn't thought of that. I'll just remove the seduction trait then, and leave the Silver Tongue. Also, would it be better if I changed Florida to East Coast then?

I'd honestly suggest they got on a boat and made it to one of the islands, possibly the Carribean where the American Navy regrouped. :D

I'd honestly suggest they got on a boat and made it to one of the islands, possibly the Carribean where the American Navy regrouped. :D
I edited the cs. I just removed the Seduction trait, and changed the siblings destination. I hope everything is alright, now

You can add another custom trait in its place. But, accepted :D

You can add another custom trait in its place. But, accepted :D
Nah, I don't really know what to add, so I'll just leave it blank for now. If something comes to my mind, then I'll add it. And thanks! I'll wait eagerly for the IC thread

@Hellis I dont think I've asked, but what does the carapace armour for the infantry guys look like, and does it give them any benefit in mobility, or is it just a defensive piece of equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.