Darkened Skies; Dead Mans Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see some issues. One, someone that small can't taut around two goddamn lmgs. Two, Obviusly gonna need som backstory. Three i do not acceptera anime still for appearance, that's just lazy. Four, traits are not personligt things. They are upgradable skull trees eagle eye is fine green wide is worthless

Also, M240's are belt fed, not magazine fed.

Meh, I did all I can. So bye to all!
tumblr_n73odsk6Fx1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Yup. Just because we are stomping around in mechs, doesn't mean we don't have to try to be somewhat realistic, in fact, I think that in movies, books, and video games having a far fetched premise makes getting the little detail right all the more important.

I'd Like a cs then :P

-----------

New IC up. Shit got real real fast. I went ahead and assumed Armand and Limbo took their shots. They should of course still write out their shots as they made them. It was just for convience and fluidities sake. Glitter, Bones will follow your lead. Don't get him killed D: .Both mech got two primary targets assigned, choose wisely, talk with your squad mates about who handles what. CAS, you are currently not as pinned as Cobra and Commandant is, seeing how you were further away. Limbo, you get another shot to line up. speak to the others and let them designate it for you, collab something :D

Never forget, War is hell.

Aye aye Captain!

I guess I will start here, does anyone want to collab?!

*Proceeds to forget that war is indeed Hell*

Sorry, what?

Hypothetically speaking, would it be possible to use Limbo's railgun to collapse a larger building into the path of the flanking forces to slow them down? @Hellis ?

Hypothetically speaking, would it be possible to use Limbo's railgun to collapse a larger building into the path of the flanking forces to slow them down? @Hellis ?
Why? They will be walking straight into a minigun and rocket armed mech... Don't worry about it. XD

Why? They will be walking straight into a minigun and rocket armed mech... Don't worry about it. XD
The anti-armour force is. The flanking force isn't. I'd like to do something to make them miserable too

The anti-armour force is. The flanking force isn't. I'd like to do something to make them miserable too
Right, but the flaking force would round the corner where Robert is sitting between them and Glitter's squad. What I'm saying is, it is a group of infantry that is running right into armour, and the armour knows they are coming. It will be quickly resolved. XD

They will be running far enough away from you having to waste missiles on them at the very least.

Well, they are mostly meant to be used against infantry, so it wouldn't be a waste, that and they would be in range of all of his guns. I mean, they would have effective range up to a few kilometers.

• Name: Sargent First Class William "Rashaud" Kain

Callsign; Kain

Appearance:
    carl_nadez__ntd_2012_by_zoidsfan507-d57628a.jpg
    H4_Soldier_3d_model.jpg
    Brief Background: An orphaned child, Will is gravely unknown to most of society. He keeps most of his personal information off-file and talks about it sparingly. William Kain was attached to the Mechanized Infantry Alpha-9 Group of the United Human Coalition. He served during Dark Year 5 apart of Infantry Group Omega-6 as one of the testers of the experimental phase in project: OLYMPUS for prototype powered armor. Although unknown to most of the UHC military and humanity in general, he was quickly deemed 'the Reaper' for his "grim performances" on the front.

Though his record is highly classified after being selected for the project, what is clear was that he was an Omega-6 candidate who's skills impressed enough to have him reassigned to Alpha-9 right after training before losing others to a surprise attack in Dark Year 2. Kain was repurposed to a black operations division and took part in covert engagements hat the more publicized Mech Infantry or Psy-Ops would not be seen doing. After several years campaigning against the F'hatagar ; Kain was reassigned to Alpha-9 apart of the Mechanize Infantry in order to assist with major front line operations.

• Role: Infantry, Exo-Class IV
    Traits:
    -Shock Trooper
    -Tactician
    -Veteren Mindset
    -Leadership
    -*Comic Relief: Enjoys cracking jokes, even in the worst of times.
    -*Animated Soul: Keep it cool, and enjoy yourself when you can.

Equipment:
    -Olympian Exo-Armor: The powered armor was developed by the Mechanical Infantry's Special Warfare Group in response to the OLYMPUS project. The armor was designed to enhance the wearer's physical prowess. As a result, the armor multiplies the strength, reflexes, and durability of its wearer significantly. The purpose if this armor was to make an infantry grade mini-mech that was cheap and expendable, to keep ground forces on even terms with the enemy; while trying to turn the conventional mech into ordinance. Its components consist of a titanium alloy outer shell capable of withstanding hard impacts. The shell can be easily compromised by sustained fire from armor piercing rounds or heat based weaponry. Beneath the outter shell rests a synthetic nanosuit designed after the Kevlar used by standard military. Made from Graphene, this layer is lightweight and acts somewhat as another form of protection; and seals tight to the underlayer so the user will feel "naked". Engineers coated it with a synthetic spray to disperse heat emission from heat based weapons. The final layer to the Exo is a steel skeleton with hydraulic joints located at the wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, calves, ankles, and neck; used to boost the strength capability of the wearer while keeping mobility. The helmet utilizes a smart HUD like that of an Artemis mech with a 25m ranged motion tracker, a digital interface that regulates health conditions, a digital camera for recon, and lock-on targeting that last a brief five seconds.

[TO BE CONTINUED]

Last edited by a moderator:
That and.... as durable as an Artemis? Sorry, that is NOT how armour works. Being better trained does not make your armour work better... Well, not at that level. A good tank driver can make better use of his armour by angling, but I don't think that really applies at this amount of armour.

Because waffling around.

• Name: Jonathan Dusi
    Callsign; Raider 1

Appearance: Fairly tall, but well built Jonathan stands at 5'11 and weighs about 180lb. His skin is somehow remarkably pale, cutting a sharp contrast to his pitch black eyes and hair. His expression is often guarded and very rarely reveals his thoughts or feelings. (Image Source)
    The Hardyman is about 6'5 tall and weighs in at many hundreds of pounds, so he's far more intimidating in it than outside.

Brief Background: Born to a couple in Switzerland just a few short years before the invasion began, he only has vague memories of the constant havoc and hell that was the first few years of the conflict. Given its fortifications and smaller size, his homeland wasn't hit as harshly as some of the larger countries. Nonetheless, conflict were near constant and tensions were always high. His family moved constantly, so it was rare that Jonathan ever grew accustomed to a single place as home. Some weeks were spent up mountain sides and the next few had him back down on the ground level. His parents, when they had the time, worried that the constant change in environments would be bad for his health, but he didn't grow up with any real issues. Good thing too, given that it'd have been unlikely for him to have easy access to a doctor. Resources and personnel were stretched thin after all.

By the time he came of age humanity had already begun to push the invaders back and retake the world. News of victories were now more common than those of defeat and morale soared for those who continued the fight. Europe's reclamation was proceeding well, the campaign in Asia had begun, and Jonathan was more than willing to join his countrymen. His reactivity with Einbrium was surprising, but given the lack of Mecha available he was assigned to Mechanized Infantry instead. He took it all in stride though, glory or respect were never things he'd looked for. As it turned out, he did just fine and dandy in the giant suit of normal and weird alien metal, padding, and powered servos. Still does.

• Role: Infantry (Power Armor)

Traits
    Athletic; In the past, you may have been a sportsman, a runner or simply interested in keeping yourself in good shape. Whatever the reason for it, you are also blessed with good genes. You do not fall pray for exhaustion as fast, and your body is healthier.
    Mental Fortitude; A resistant mind is something to treasure. In a world of psykers and monsters, keeping your mind intact is not always easy.
    Steel Discipline; With a discipline that borderlines on obsessive, catching you off guard would be a feat unto itself.
    Easy Sync; For reasons unknown, you can operate a mech or suit easier than most. Your brain seems just right for the alien symbiotic metal they jammed into your skull.
    It's my Second Skin: It's like you were born to stand inside one of these constructs. The mind toughens as the body is clad in armor, and you move with a certain grace that doesn't seem possible with such a burden.
    Running on Fumes: Sleep and food? Bah, you're tougher than that. You can run on an empty tank and dying battery, so to speak, for longer than others without suffering from its effects.

Equipment
    M-87 Hardyman Mechanized Infantry Suit (Image Source): A heavy assault power armor, the Hardyman is known for its suppressive capabilities. Its primarily armed with a 5 barrel, backpack fed minigun that spits out 7.62mm rounds at a whopping 2,000 RPM. Problem is the backpack only holds 1,500 rounds of ammunition at max capacity meaning the adjustable burst settings are generally in use. Requires the use of both hands to maintain any sort of control when firing, though it can be carried single-handedly. It also boasts a three capacity grenade launcher and six capacity smart missile launcher on its backside to engage more well armored hostiles.

Not just heavily armed, the Hardyman also boasts some of the best defensive measures to be put on a Power Armor. Multiple layers serve to protect its working components and the user inside: thick metal plating, kinetic foam/gel to deal with and absorb shock, and then a thinner metal layer to catch anything that manages to penetrate. Small arms have proved mostly negligible in testing, though the heavier varieties still pose problems with sustained fire.

Beneath all that are the powerful servos that allow for the user to actually move and use the Power Armor. It does come at a substantial power drain though, so by no means is the Hardyman quiet even when simply idling. Aside from the power core's constant hum, the air intakes are also rather noisy.

The suit is sealable when the environment itself is dangerous and it does house a small internal air tank for when even the filters won't do enough. Targeting data for all the suit's weapons are taken care of by the sensors suite housed near the stomach and it is linked to the helmet's HUD. A number of cameras allow for the user to sweep across several vision types such as infrared or night. A jump-pack allows for short bursts of speed over several meter, though the problem of servos freezing up for a brief moment to absorb all the force has proved to be unavoidable.

A-45: A front loaded semi-automatic handgun with a magazine of 15 rounds, the A-45 has some of the best handling of all pistols. While not the highest caliber to be found, the low recoil makes placing several shots in quick succession on target a fairly easy task. A number of attachments are also available though Jonathan personally does without.

Stinger: A double edged dagger about a foot in total length, as its name hints at the Stinger is primarily a stabbing weapon. Slashes are possible, however are generally drawn cuts which makes it ineffective against most armored targets. Totally not the Fairbairn-Sykes.

Last edited:
Accepted, although a combat saw is impractical as hell, I suggest removing it entirely :P

Status
Not open for further replies.