4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Futanari
  5. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Magical, Romance, Slice of Life, Horror and certain fandoms.
Arsenal; Playfair Display;
  • DARK WOODS CIRCUS

A groan pours from your lips as your eyes slid open. The first thing you see is the blurry image of a blonde man standing in front of you. He appears to be wearing a red flowing coat and looking at you with a wide grin. You attempt to get up only to take note that you're chained to the wall. Glancing up once more, you realize the man is laughing. "Welcome to my world, pet." He says as he takes a step closer to you.

"Your...world..?" You manage to moan pitifully causing the red-clad man to laugh harder.

"Yes, you silly goose. My world." He says as he motions to the cell that you're currently in. Absently, you take not that there are other people chained to the walls... deformed people... "I have brought you here and... fixed you." He chuckles. "...and you will perform in my circus." You open your mouth to object, but he notices this and cuts you off. "If you refuse... Well then, you will simply end up like the others.." He says with a sense of grim satisfaction before turning on his heel and leaving the room.

What others..? You wonder to yourself. You can't help but try to imagine how many others there are... or were. You try to take a moment to process things. You were taken from your home and brought to this.. this circus only to be changed into... you don't know what. "It's best just to listen to Master..." A small voice says from across the room.

You glance up to see the voice came from a rather small girl that is also chained to the wall. You instantly note that she has black wings and blood soaked bandages covering her eyes. You think she's looking at you, but you can't be quite sure. "If you don't... well.." She paused, raising a pale hand to pitifully motion to her eyes. "Our only hope is to escape..." She said softly, a look of what could only be described as determination crossing her face.

Escape... You glance around at the others as they nod in agreement. You suppose it sounds like a good idea. First, however, you have more important things to worry about. Such as things like what that monster of a ringmaster did to you. Steeling yourself for the worst, you glance down to see what you've become...

• A MESSAGE

Welcome to the Dark Wood's Circus, pets.

If you'd like to survive your stay here there are some things you should get to know. First and foremost being that I am in charge here.

Who am I?

My name is Killian, but only my dearest doctor may refer to me as such.

You may call me Master.

Why?

Because not only is that what I am to you, my creations, but I am also the Ringmaster of this circus.

Secondly is that escape is futile and will be punished if attempted. It's been attempted before and a good portion of the examples are… no longer with us. However, if you'd like a living example of repercussions, look at the blind one. How do you think she came to be that way? The tent and open grounds may look vulnerable, but I assure you that they are not.

If you've not connected the dots by now, I am a man of many talents. Magic is one of these such talents. Most of the doors here can only be opened through magic. Your chains and shackles can only be removed through magic. The reason no one can see the buildings behind our Big Top is through magic. This also means that the areas seeming vulnerable are also protected by, you guessed it, magic. You're actually catching on.

Don't try to inform our audience of what occurs behind the scenes. First, because they will not believe you. It's amazing what a few clarity altering spells can do. Not to mention that anyone that would interfere with our operations can't even see the flyers for our show. No one is coming to help you, just accept that. You can't even help yourself or… Well, you'll find out if you try. Please try and give me the pleasure of showing you.

Just follow the rules, behave, and perform as you're expected.

That's the only way you'll avoid my wrath.

Heh, most of the time.

• DAILY LIFE

1617553728832-png.214559
    The Schedule
    • 6:00am ~ Meric begin's daily preparations.
    • 6:30am ~ Dorms are opened and performers are unlocked to prepare for the day.
    • 7:30am ~ Breakfast.
    • 8:00am ~ Practice begins in the Big Top.
    • 12:00pm ~ Lunch.
    • 12:30pm ~ Unchained "free time" in Dorms.
    • 4:00pm ~ Preparations for Nightly Performance.
    • 6:00pm ~ Performance.
    • 8:00pm ~ Dinner.
    • 8:30pm ~ Dorms to clean up for the night.
    • 9:00pm ~ Chains are put back on, doors are sealed, Morticia and Meric report to Killian until he sends them to their own quarters.
  • THE RULES

Just a refresher since it's been a while.
    1. Obvious. No god-modding.
    2. Respect the other people. If your character wants to bitch slap another character and cuss them out, go right ahead. If you want to bitch slap another person and cuss them out, take it out of the thread and preferably to a moderator. I'm not going to handle your petty arguments. At least not nicely.
    3. Damn, shit, ass, etc... If you don't like it, don't continue because there is going to be much more of it in the future.
    4. Literacy. Learn the word. Love it. Because I do. I'm not going to go all grammar Nazi on you, just please... please... respect the English language... After all. Good grammar is the difference between helping you Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse. I will behave. Until i 2ee 2hiit liike thii2. OR SHIT LIKE THIS. I do not want to feel like I am being screamed at through text. I, however, will not murder you for one or two misspellings. Everyone makes mistakes. I understand this. Just, like I said. Please don't abuse the English language. It is a beautiful thing.
    5. One liners are the enemy. Can we have at least a paragraph? Is that too much to ask? If I see a single sentence post, I will go beyond flipping my shit. I understand writer's block is a common issue, just please don't drop below three sentences.
    6. If you have read these rules in their complete glory, please put "Master is the Enemy" in your character sheet. If I do not see this, you do not get accepted. Plain and simple. I will tell you that you can have a place once you've read the rules.
    7. All characters must be approved by me before joining the role play. This is to prevent stupidity and, once more, to prevent shit flipping.
    8. There will be some screwed up shit in this RP and I don't want to mentally scar children. If you are not prepared for this, LEAVE NOW.
    9. Only two characters per person. That's it. No more. We're not having the RP revolve all around one person and their gazillion characters.
    10. If you are gone for more than a week without giving me a valid reason before you disappear, you will be removed from the RP. We're not all waiting on one person, we want to keep moving. If you are going on vacation or something tell me before you leave.
  • THE CHARACTER SHEET

Name-
    Gender-
    Age-
    Act-
    Veteran or New-
    Appearance-
    Deformity-
    Information- (Relevant backstory such as how they were taken, as well as key personality info)
    Relationships- (it's possible to develop this as you play, it's the bonds between all the characters)

• ACCEPTED CHARACTERS
    • Killian played by @Azazel
      • Act: The Ring Master
    • Sable Drake played by @Azazel
      • Act: The Human Snake - Snake Charmer
      • Newcomer of Recent Performance
    • Cassia Locklear played by @Azazel
      • Act: Lady Lamia - Assists in Sable's Snake Charming
      • Newcomer of Recent Performace
    • Karissa Angelo played by @Azazel
      • Act: Angel and Devil Aerial Show
      • Newcomer of Recent Performance
  • IMPORTANT LINKS

Full Character Sheets can be found here~ CLICK ME
    Our usual crazy OOC chat can be located here to contain the insanity~ CLICK ME
    We also now have a DISCORD SERVER! YAY! So, to pop in and say hello please direct yourself here~ CLICK ME

If you would like to request to join our elite little group of crazy misfits, please drop a character sheet below and await review. Don't forget the rules and please respect our veterans.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MiharuAya
Not to be a bother guys, but we've relocated!! And we're accepting applications!!!
It would be wonderful if you guys rejoined me, so I'm extending the invitation!
Welcome back to the Dark Wood's Circus, my darlings~

@Phi Chisym
@Cartoonicat
@DANAsaur
@AmerillaRose

Reactions: AmerillaRose
Hello peeps!

DWC is back online! Hop in, if you like, and enjoy being a part of the Greatest Show On Earth!

Our Enemy is our Master!
Join our twisted band of performers and help us figure out how to kick his ass!

𝕄 Maxi "Mashi" Milou 𝕄

Name- Maxi "Mashi" Milou
Gender- Male
Age- 26
Act- Strongman, "The Uncrushable Bug"
Veteran or New- Veteran of two years.

Appearance-
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 276lb
Maxi cut an imposing figure even before he ended up in the circus. His light greenish-yellow eyes are piercing, and his solid muscular build and broad shoulders were a product of the life he led before. His skin was fair, and appeared pale with his not-quite black but not quite brown hair. His hair has grown out enough that he has to partially tie it back to keep it out of his face. With the addition of his deformities, he is just that more intimidating.

Deformity-
His upper body has a tough, hardened black exoskeleton with various pointed spikes coming out his arms, as well as clawed hands. He has a second set of extremely long arms with similar black exoskeleton and larger clawed hands. Parts of his legs are also covered in the tough armor. The exoskeleton goes up to the lower half of his face, forming rough points along his jawline. He has a pair of sharp mandibles that sometimes cause him to have a lisp or chitter when he gets too worked up. He also has three tiny extra spider eyes, the same stunning green as his normal ones, on either side of his head which are visible when he has his hair up.

He also lost one of his hands for stealing... And the Master keeps said severed hand as a pet. Maxi is not pleased with it, considering that whenever said pet gets injured, he feels it like a phantom pain. As an added punishment, his extra arms are to be restrained when he is not being supervised. He also wears a hellish prosthetic during practice and performance that inflicts pain when he thinks about misbehaving or messes up.

Strengths-
Observation - hardly anything goes unnoticed, and he's impossible to sneak up on.
Sleight of Hand - he was a nerd when it came to magic tricks.
Pickpocketing - having an extra set of extremely noticeable arms tends to have people distracted from his surprisingly nimble and more readily functional ones.
Exoskeleton - his hardened skin is tough to penetrate and can take a beating.
Brute Strength - his performance is a show of inhumane strength, of course he's strong.

Weaknesses-
Overheating - his exoskeleton does not allow body heat to transfer well, and he's prone to overheating after periods of intense physical exertion.
Stealth - being the large body that he is, as well as the shininess of his hardened skin, its pretty easy to spot him in a crowd or on the move.
Weak Points - his joints are soft spots, as well as his sides; injuries to these areas will hurt him significantly.
Self-Isolating - his attitude is his biggest detriment.
Hope - the thought of finding a way to become human again often skews his thoughts on escape.

Information-
Maxi's nickname, Mashi, is rarely used. It comes from his first days in the circus, where he was just getting used to his mandibles and having difficulty pronouncing his own name. He got most of his pronunciation problems sorted out, but sometimes during his less composed moments he slips up. The nickname Mashi is more often used affectionately by the veterans, and most newcomers that try to use it face a very intimidating staredown.

His arrival at the circus was fairly simple. His friends wanted to go and he tagged along, originally intending on pointing out how all the fake magic tricks worked as their group's resident sleight of hand nerd. After watching the show, he had been left with the surprising task of convincing his friends that it was real. The simplest way was to go back stage and see. The group of three were caught poking around the illusion barrier, and you know how the story goes. He'd acted as ringleader for their little group, falling hook line and sinker for Aveline's vision of escape and selling his friends on the hope. He'd been full of fire and life, but after seeing his friends die with those false hopes, he'd changed. He'd lost most of his bite, was more reserved and cautious.

Connecting with people in here was dangerous. He couldn't afford to open himself up to that kind of hurt again, and he mourns the fact that he had to change this way. This bleeds out into his short temperament and more snappish, isolating behavior. One thing that hadn't changed much was his ego. He'd been prideful of his appearance before he was turned into a monster, and he works hard to keep whatever normality he has left. The fact that his mandibles tend to make all sorts of creepy bug noises to go along with his words when he looses his temper is why he miraculously limits his outbursts. He didn't like sounding like a monster.

His observational skills are what keep him alive. He may not reach out for interaction much, but he is always paying attention and keeping track of what and who he can use to make things a little bit better. He makes deals with those that could come in useful. For example, he allows Harmony to call him Mashi in exchange for her use as an icepack when he's overheating.

Relationships-
The Minotaur - Sure, there are some things that scare Maxi in this place, but there isn't anything that scares him more than the minotaur that beats him within an inch of his life. Not because of the fights, no, but by the idea that Maxi was just a magic misstep away from becoming like him. He is afraid to lose himself here like the Minotaur.

Aveline - When he first met her, he trusted her blindly. The fact that he could only watch his friends died with the dream of escape, he lost a part of himself then. He's often more quiet and standoffish with the blind girl, but he doesn't pack too much bite. After all, at this point he's pretty sure that her talk of escape is just that - talk.

Meric - His feelings about the magician are about as complicated as they come. He doesn't miss the subtle ways Meric looks out for them all, and also has an awareness of their shared issue in the Minotaur. But then there's Dark Meric, and his whole can of worms. He struggles to keep his emotions between the two sides of Meric straight. He keeps his guard up, and keeps his true thoughts to himself. He is another example of what Maxi is afraid of becoming.

Morticia - The doctor is responsible for patching him up after his occasional shows with the Minotaur, and had a hand in tending to his injury after his amputation. He is terrified of her, but is dead certain to keep a polite, albeit curt demeanor with her. He doesn't know how to read her, and that's a huge problem.

Harmony - No one would dare suggest that Maxi had a soft spot for the kid. No one. If only because they noticed how a bit of the old Maxi came back when she was present. She has prompted him into opening back up slightly. He tells the kid stories about the nicer parts of his life before this. Maybe it would keep him from losing himself.

Adrian - The runt made it through his first week, which was a bit of a shock to Maxi. He's still not sure what to make of him.

The Newcomers - He is less than inclined to bother with newcomers.

Master is the Enemy.

can we be human again

Last edited:
THE MAGICIAN/ILLUSIONIST - THE HENCHMAN
Master is the Enemy​

Meric Erin Donovan
Gender - male
Age - 23
Act - Magic/Illusions
Position - Unwilling Assistant for The Ringmaster

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS -
Hair/Eyes: dirty blond/blue-hazel.
HEIGHT_ 5'11"
WEIGHT_156 lbs
Meric stands at being around five feet eleven inches, with an elegant body structure. Narrow waist, long torso, lengthy legs, and lean; yet proportioned, and muscular. His head is full of light blond waves, and these days he's allowed it to grow out to sport a gentleman's ponytail.

"The Enemy is my Master"

DEFORMITY - Bounded to The Ringmaster by slightly invisible, mystical chains that are embedded in his chest, upper arms, and ankles; enhancing his natural illusion skills to resound in his uncanny, mind-blowing magical abilities - controlled by The Ringmaster. The magic he receives is just a tiny portion of what The Ringmaster has and he cannot use it alone. Unfortunately, through him, The Ringmaster has an extra set of eyes and ears to keep his Performers in line. And if they step out-of-line, or disrupts the cheerful flow of The Ringmaster's remarkable circus atmosphere... Well, let's just say he's not the one that gets his hands dirty with all that disciplining stuff. That's why he has such a - devoted assistant - when he allows his true form to take charge.

Due to this ghastly connection, Meric's developed strange spiky scales down his spine, and smaller ones embedded in the backs of his upper arms and calves. And when he's within the controlling magic of The Ringmaster, his eyes glow a devious red, his skin tints to an ashen blue-grey, and his hair turns as black as The Ringmaster's heart.

He's been under the direction of The Ringmaster for so long, he's starting to transform into the very demon-dog The Ringmaster wants - a loyal follower with no sense of who his former self was. However, Meric is still there, just not as solid as he uses to be; therefore, there's a possibility that his soul can be saved... But, until then, he's the only friend the Performers love to hate - and hate to love.

DESCRIPTION - Intelligent, endearing, sly, sweet, confident (with subjects he's comfortable with), and a compulsive liar (he hasn't always been, just a necessary taste he had to acquire over the years to keep his circus family safe). Sometimes too sugary sweet to be true, which is, in fact, true - if he's under the influence of another.

He cares about people, but doesn't care about hurting them, and fears the idea of instantly loving anyone due to his condition. Charming; yet, detached and clever; he had to be to avoid getting hurt, or to avoid others getting hurt by The Ringmaster. He can be extremely hardheaded, especially when he knows how right he is about a particular subject or situation. And nine times out of ten, he is right.

Meric has become The Ringmaster's Henchman since he has no choice but to do what he's told. But secretly, he's been trying to figure out how to break the power the man has over him in order to use his true skills to help everyone escape. He's been under The Ringmaster's control for four years and is about to break. Meric hates who he's become being teetered to the psycho, but the longer he's glued to him, the more he's able to learn about how to overcome his Master's power. Unfortunately, the more Meric is used by him, the more of himself he loses.

Meric is slowly forgetting who he is and turning into the demon servant The Ringmaster wants him to be. So, any sort of human connection he happens to receive - from the veteran members of the carnival staff who knew the man he was before his transformation, or from new members who give him a daily dose of feels to remind him that he still has a bit of soul left - will slowly help alter The Ringmaster's handy work and strengthen him enough to possibly break the hellish chains puppeting his every move.

LIKES/DISLIKES: WIP

STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: WIP

FRIENDSHIPS/RELATIONSHIPS:

After four years in this hell-hole, Meric has attempted to showcase his gentlemanly characteristics as much as possible, attending to each Performer as their Friend and fellow Victim, rather than their Circus Manager. He strives to great lengths to keep them all safe and as comfortable as he possibly can (without getting them in trouble), but that's a very difficult thing to do for him.

Therefore, Meric has to keep to himself - rarely holding casual conversations with the others to keep The Ringmaster's nose out of their thoughts. But, nevertheless, there are a few members that, due to his condition, either can't stand his guts or respects him for his efforts on their behalf. It doesn't matter to Meric if the others hate him - he hates himself. What matters to him is fighting for their friendship, their respect, and most of all - their trust. He's probably the only one truly equipt to stop The Ringmaster - they're going to need everyone's help to destroy the Master and break the barrier hiding them from the world.

The Veterans
Killian, "The Ringmaster"
Good Meric wants the man out of his head; dead as a doornail. But, the Bad Meric sees Killian like the father-figure he never had.

Aveline Angelo, "The Dark Angel" (4 yrs, 6 mos)
Good Meric has a hidden adoration for this little angel. There's a lot he wishes to tell her, but his silent feelings alone have already placed her in danger more than once. So, Good Meric locks them in as tight as possible. She's become his Assistant if you will - able to keep him informed of the needs of the Performers when they're not in the mood to deal with his issues, or when he's out-of-commission. He's always willing to hear her thoughts on any subject and tends to follow her lead at times when he's lost. However, Bad Meric would like to clip her wings... Aveline's his shoulder angel, keeping his soul stable.

Morticia Crevan, "The Tightrope Walker" and Doctor (4 yrs, 1 mo)
And when you have a shoulder angel, there's always a demon angel on the other side... Ahh, but see... Killian has some feelings for others. Knowing his dear Meric needed companionship, he created Morticia to tend to his demon-child's special chaotic needs. Good Meric can't stand the doctor's advances and has no feelings or trust for the woman whatsoever. But, Bad Meric treats her like his sweetheart and lavish her with his attention every time she enters the room. Unfortunately, he has no control over the somewhat magnetic behavior he seems to have whenever Morticia is near. She's a catalyst to his hidden demon; her presence causes Good Meric pain as he fights to hold down Bad Meric's eagerness to be by her side.

Michael Kaylock, "The Man Who Eats Everything" (4 yrs, 3 mos) - Meric respects Kaylock like a big brother and is always frustrated that he's unable to gain the man's trust due to Killian. He knows he'll need Kaylock's abilities and leadership skills to aid them when they escape. Besides, if anything happens to Meric if their escape plans fail, Kaylock is the only one he trusts to get the others safely out of harm's way.

Marcus Morgan, "The Feral Wolf-Man" (1 yr) & Lovetta Seath, "The Feral She-Wolf" (1 yr) - Meric's still learning more about Marcus and Lovetta. He believes they'll be another strong asset in their escape plans. They'll need those with survival, tracking, and hunting skills to keep everyone alive in the deep woods that Killian tends to isolate the circus.

Harmony Jones, The Little Siren (2 mos) - Harmony is the little sister Meric's never had. She's become his heart in the two months she's been there. The youngest of the Performers and the one with the most inconvenient deformity, Meric does whatever he can to maintain Harmony's smile, because that smile, along with Aveline's, has kept his spirits up - and his demon down.

Maxi "Mashi" Milou (2 yrs) - Mashi is another member who Meric is still getting to know. He realizes, like Kaylock, the man has a unique deformity that can be a lifesaver for survival and defense. He's hoping to understand and gain his trust as well in hopes to work with him in executing their escape.

The New Recruits (WIP)
Meric's learning all the new recruits Killian's collected since their most recent venue. Unfortunately, he'll have to get them healed up, trained, costumed, and prepared for their debut performance in the near future. But first, he wants to get to know them - to learn about who they are, and what skills they can add to their escape planning.

Marietta Rosewood, "The Contortionist and Acro Dancer"
Sable Drake, "The Reptilian Snake Charmer"
Cassia Locklear, "The Human Snake"
Karissa Angelo, "The Devil Darling"

Last edited:
THE CONTORTIONIST/ACRODANCER
Master is the Enemy​

Marietta Kipersol Rosewood
GENDER - female
AGE - 20

ACT - Acro Dancer/Contortionist - incorporates ballet, contortion, and balancing on unusual objects from heights without a net or mat. In her particular act, the illusion of her puppet strings holding her up is the trick. Instead of looking like someone balancing or bending themselves, she looks like she's being placed in these precarious positions by a Puppet Master controlling her strings... which is exactly what is happening.

Balance, Dance, Feats

20170501-Erik-Isakson-Sofie-Dossi-225.jpg
images.jpg

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS -

Hair/Eyes: black /bright blue
HEIGHT_ 5'7"
WEIGHT_127 lbs

A dainty little creature, Marietta is not one to be ignored. Unfortunately, for her, it's very hard for others to forget her. Her dark hair and never-ending bright blue eyes tend to hold others in place, shorten their breath, and keep them in a state of awe whenever they lay eyes upon her. Due to her life of yoga, dance, and gymnastics, she has a tiny frame that can twist and bend in the oddest of shapes.

DEFORMITY - Wooden Marionette Doll - the very thing she's afraid of; the name kids use to call her whenever they saw her dance (a tease to hurt her feelings), is what she's become.

1989395.jpg

She has joints like a marionette, as well as strings that mysteriously standoff of her towards an unseen puppet master. Without the strings held taunt, she's unable to move freely on her own. With them, she's able to contort to the utmost extreme, more than she's ever been able to normally. They also assist in her balancing and other insanely interesting feats she's able to perform. The strings are the magical links The Ringmaster gave her in order to make her into the doll he's wanted. Without them, she will not be able to do anything - just lay like a pile of bones with no muscles. Meric is able to magically move her when needed.

DESCRIPTION - Marrose's personality is one that is of extremes: When she is feeling like herself, and everything is going her way, she has an extremely sweet and silly disposition, very kind, and friendly. However, when her asthma drains her into a poor state of mind, Marietta is best described as insensitive, distant, dejected, and suicidal. Her strong asthmatic and panic attacks frustrate her, making a very athletic and determined young lady slow and flustered at herself. Nevertheless, she is a work-o-holic and a fiercely loyal friend.

Asthmatic; she always carries an inhaler, but she has learned to control her breathing to a point. Still, if she becomes too nervous and falls into a panic, her attacks will become harder to control and cause her to go so far as to pass out due to lack of oxygen. Afterward, these forms of serious attacks can leave her lethargic or unconscious for hours. Usually, for seriously long travels, she carries a small oxygen pack, extra inhalers, smelling salts, and emergency injectors filled with high dosages of her medication to rapidly opens her passageways. She knows of meditation methods to calm minor attacks, but severe ones need medication.

Last edited:

Doctor Extraordinaire
Name
Morticia

Nickname
Tish | Doc

Act
None

Deformity
Human Jigsaw

Level
Veteran

Occupation
Doctor

Appearance

Morticia is a lean woman with long blue hair—a part of it is tied to make a crown braid—black fingernails, and a jagged scar across her neck, chest, left pinky finger, arms and legs. She has silver eyes and she stands at exactly 152 centimeters.

She often dresses in professional attire consisting of an accented blazer and a lightly tinted blue skirt. She also wears white thigh-high socks, and has many frills implemented into her suit. She likes to accessorize with an emerald ring on her left index finger.

Her deformity is quite extraordinary. Her body isn't entirely her own but rather, a compilation. Her arms and legs were taken from previous people and sewn together. She's similar to Frankenstein's monster. Only thing is, she's still alive and can think for her own.
Personality

Morticia's personality is ambiguous. For the most part, she is seen as someone mysterious and elegant. Strangers often finds her endearing if not doting in an older sister way.

But all of it is a façade. Morticia's true personality is dark. She thrives at seeing others in pain. She's a sadist; a provoker. She appreciates laughter, enjoys frightening others and provoking reactions with her strange mannerisms. She has little, if any, problem with using and taking advantage of others for her goals. She will resort to cruel and usually violent methods, most of the time coming out of nowhere, that generally ends up with someone being covered in blood. She finds it fun to torture others and often treat others as her play things.

On the brighter side, she's reflexively affectionate and doting to those she favors though of course, caution is necessary. Morticia has a tendency to be obsessive and possessive.​

Information

PAST
Born into a well-off family with extraordinary abilities, Morticia Crevan led an interesting life.

At a young age, Morticia is able to see a person's soul. It looks like a ball of light; flickering and changing brightness depending on how long the person will live.

Due to this ability, her parents were worried. She was then raised to be an elegant lady in hopes that she will fit in. Her parents made her swore to keep her ability a secret.

Soon, she was wed to a businessman at the young age of 16. She thought her life was okay until she discovered that she was infertile. Her husband then had an affair and to make matters worse, her husband started gambling. It didn't take long for their life to fall apart.

Morticia tried her best to salvage everything since she loved the man dearly. She used some of the inheritance her parents left for her though when her husband learned about her hidden wealth, the scheming man murdered her.

She was left in a marsh to rot; her dismantled body barely recognizable. Luckily, the circus was in town. The ringmaster found her. She was given a second chance in exchange for her soul.

Desperate for revenge, Morticia agreed. Little did she know that the master has other plans.

Morticia never got her revenge. The master wiped most of her memory and turned her into a sadistic doctor.

PRESENT
Even though she's been part of the circus for four years, Morticia doesn't really know how she became part of it. Her memories of the past were hazy but she does know that the master found her and fixed her up.

Morticia never really questioned her past though little by little, she's getting curious.​

Relationships

ERROR 404: FILES ARE CURRENTLY MISSING | ERROR 404: FILES ARE CURRENTLY MISSING | ERROR 404: FILES ARE CURRENTLY MISSING | ERROR 404: FILES ARE CURRENTLY MISSING | ERROR 404: FILES ARE CURRENTLY MISSING

Notes

• It is a must for Morticia to have her tea time.
  • The master is her enemy but she had to admit, his work is impressive.
  • Morticia likes to bake her own biscuits and make her own blend of tea. Her recipes are quite eccentric.
  • The emerald ring she's wearing is a family heirloom.
  • She's been in the circus for four years.
  • Her favorite weapon of choice is a heavy axe.
  • She gets bored pretty easily so beware. Anyone can be turned into her play thing.
  • The ringmaster is aware of her abilities and helped her develop it. She learned that she can collect souls as well; and trap them inside her emerald ring.

Last edited:

The Musician and Siren - Harmony Jones
Harmony 2019.png

Female

Act

A singing act showing feats of vocal talent unknown to man

Job

Music. Yes, she does all the music for the other acts when she's not performing. From instruments to vocals, this siren is a mistress of all.

Physical Description

Harmony stands (lol) at 5'5", from head to the tips of her fins, weighing in at 125 pounds due to her tail being filled with many more muscles than she had before she joined the circus. Her warm, tan skin compliments her cool lavender scales and provides a stark contrast between human and fish. She has warm, chocolate eyes that pair nicely with her dark brown hair that lands just at her shoulders with a slight curl to the ends. Harmony a slim figure, having wider hips to support her tail when she swims. Given her age and past treatment, Harmony looks younger than she is, looking about ten or eleven, rather than thirteen.

Deformity

Harmony's deformity is quite an obvious one: She has a huge fish tail replacing basically everything below her collar bone. This has led to Harmony being unable to move around on land by her own power, having to rely on others whenever she is out of the water. Though, while in the water, Harmony is an excellent swimmer, and a powerful one at that. Her less visible traits are what make people want to see her perform. Having her voice box altered by both surgery and magic, Harmony can now perform feats of sound unattainable by any human or most animals for that matter, from something classic as breaking glass to making a tone that makes your very bones quiver. If the skill wasn't enough, with the magic that now flows through her voice, Harmony can enchant any who hear it. This can be something as kind as lifting one's spirits to casting them into a trance that would make them walk straight into a watery death to hear it better. The ringmaster is very much unaffected by this magic however and can share this immunity with his more favorite pets though. Harmony can also breath underwater.

Now, with all these benefits, Harmony has to suffer quite a few setbacks. As mentioned, she can't move on land by herself, but she also needs more constant warmth as she can't regulate her own body temperature anymore. While in her practice and performance tanks, this is no problem as they are both heated. However, either it being a way to torment the child or to keep her too lethargic to cause trouble, Harmony's sleeping tank is kept cold. So for the first parts of the day as she warms up, the siren is very docile and heat seeking. Another pain she runs into is that the more she uses her voice, outside of normal human ranges, her throat will begin to burn up in pain. So after a night of performing, the girl can barely speak. She also has the fact that the ringmaster can mute her with a simple wave of a hand, the very thought causing her great unease.

Personality

Harmony is kind of of a little shit to most of the crew, since she feels safe for the first time in her life. No, she doesn't think that nothing can harm her, she knows full well that the ringmaster can and will hand out suffering to anyone he so pleases. No, the reason she feels safe is that it doesn't come completely out of nowhere. If she fumbles a note, she earned that whack to the head, if she caused trouble during someone else's practice, she earned that ten minutes in ice water. She doesn't have to worry about random acts of cruelty because she was given a set of rules for once and she adores this fact. Now, if it's completely true, it's still too soon to tell.

A big problem Harmony runs into (lol) is that her empathy is on the low side, having grown up in a household that didn't nurture being kind or caring to each other, so when one of the other acts are punished, her first reaction is to tell them "You did it to yourself, dumbass". Thankfully, after being screamed at by an act who is now gone, Harmony has been looking to Aveline and Meric for how to react in the right way, as she wants to avoid being screamed at again.

Even though she is only Thirteen, Harmony has very little ambition for her future, having figured she would be dead before she even reached sixteen, let alone adulthood. This thought doesn't bother her, however. It's more a fact of life to her and she just wants to enjoy life in the moment, the future be damned. The teen tends to keep these thoughts to herself as she sees how excited and certain Aveline is about their escape and bright future. Harmony just can't tell her angel that she sees no point in it all or that she's happy here in the circus, the very thought of upsetting the woman was enough to bring the teen to a panic.

Since her mobility has been drastically lowered, Harmony has been learning to build trust with those who carry her around. The siren will not allow a stranger to even volunteer to help her, as she is petrified they would drop her, be it on purpose or accident, leaving her trapped on the ground. To this end, she tends to try to be kinder to those she trusts to carry her, giving less sass throughout the day, giving them a part of her meals, humming a few notes for them, that sort of thing. She's still learning how to interact in a positive manner toward others, so she's basing it off how she saw kids at school treat each other and what she saw on tv.

To say this child is touched staved, is a massive understatement. She craves the times Meric holds her as he carries her around, when Aveline would hold her hand during breaks, hell, she even appreciates when the Ringmaster slaps her simply for the skin to skin contact! To this end, Harmony refuses to be subtle about her wants for physical contact, from grabbing Meric when he walks too close to her tank when he isn't doing something urgent, to flopping her entire tail on Aveline to keep the woman from wandering off should they be out sunbathing. The teen hasn't quite figured out if she even wants to seek out contact from the Ringmaster, for the sole reason that she isn't sure if it's against the rules or not. That, and she doesn't like getting hit and won't go out of her way to get hurt, skin to skin contact or not.

Harmony has a few ticks/stims, they mostly show up when she is feeling especially stressed or excited. They begin chewing her pearls or should she not have her pearls, her fins, tapping on any surface that can make sound and humming. In stressed situations, the chewing is most common, followed up by tapping. The tapping being far more erratic and random, and the chewing becoming more like gnawing. While in times of excitement, she will hum or even quietly sing to herself, followed by tapping in upbeat rhythms. Harmony also taps whenever she is bored, so tapping is her most common tick.

Relationships

Aveline
Harmony absolutely adores Aveline, seeing her as a real angel from heaven when she first saw her perform. It is, in fact, because of Aveline that Harmony ended up in the circus. It was her performance that Harmony saw that led her to writing a song, which she wanted to share with Aveline, so when she saw the Ringmaster scouting out the foster home by her house, she didn't think twice about approaching him with her work. When Harmony was released from "surgery", she was so excited to meet Aveline that she failed to mention the song she wrote or how she got scooped up by the Ringmaster. So, as of now, Harmony has not told Aveline about her meeting the Ringmaster or her seeing Aveline's act before meeting the woman.
The teen looks to Aveline when it comes to interacting with other acts other than her and Meric, as the young woman is far more emotionally intelligent than her. Harmony is very grateful for her patience while being taught how not to be a bitch, er, being more empathic toward her fellow act. The more the teen learns, the more enamored she becomes with Aveline, seeing her as the mother figure she never had growing up.
Harmony craves the love and attention that Aveline gives her, even if it's something small like hearing good morning or being told what to do by the older. She does whatever she can to keep Aveline's attention all to herself, getting huffy whenever the woman pays attention to the others, fighting the urge to cause trouble just so Aveline would scold her. To fight off her possessive nature toward Aveline, Harmony will focus on doing things the woman would approve of, such as "helping" the other acts, working on her music or trying to get Meric's attention. The problem with Harmony trying to help the other acts is, she's kinda shit at it, as her comfort normally comes across as "Don't be an idiot and you won't get hurt. Cool, right?" and her attempts at helping them with their acts comes down to "Do your job or you're gonna die. Maybe. Hopefully you don't die and only get beaten. See? Positive thinking!" Harmony, thankfully, doesn't try to be a good helper often and prefers working on her music or bugging Meric.
Aveline's passion for their escape, and thus freedom, perplexus Harmony. As far as Harmony is concerned, the circus is the best place in the world and wanting to leave is stupid and foolish. But she can't bring herself to share these thoughts with the angel, as the woman's voice is just so full of hope and joy when she talks about their lives after escaping. Whenever Aveline brings up escaping, Harmony feels guilty about her own thoughts on the matter and tries to keep quiet during her speeches, not wanting the woman to know how she really feels for fear that Aveline would reject her and take all the love and affection away from the teen. This fear has kept Harmony up at night many times and has led to many nightmares.

Meric

Similarly to Aveline, Harmony adores Meric with her whole being. What isn't similar is her willingness sass the hell out of the man compared to how she does everything to be a good child toward Aveline. With Meric, Harmony will gripe about her small tank and how she hates that he keeps putting her back into it every night, she'll complain about him taking too long to get her out and bitch about her chains at him. While yes, she knows that none of these things are his fault completely, she only sees him doing this to her and not the Ringmaster, so her mind doesn't make the connection. This doesn't mean she resents him by any means, she knows it's just his job and that he cares about them a lot. At least she knows he cares about Aveline and is nice to herself, Harmony isn't sure about how he feels about the others.
Despite her sass, Harmony does show her admiration toward the man freely in between her bouts of sass, being polite toward him when he carries her around, tries to give him bits of her food (she tries to do the same with Aveline, but she can't tell if the woman notices, given that she's blind and all), and makes up little songs for him. Her favorite way is to simply cuddle into him as he carries her around, tapping on his chest to match his heart beat. Harmony hopes that even when she's being difficult, on purpose or otherwise, he knows how much he means to her. A major reason being that he rarely, if ever mentions escape or freedom, that all she has to be is a good act and everything would be okay. Where Aveline offers hope, Meric offers stability and if the teen had to choose, she would pick stability any day.
With how Harmony is of Aveline, she has it toward Meric as well, but it's less aggressive than with the former. Harmony will mostly just give extra snark if she feels ignored by the man, but knows he is very busy so can't be with her all the time. She doesn't like it, mind you, but she understands it better than with Aveline. But when Harmony is feeling particularly cheeky, she will grab at him from her tank or splash water toward him, avoiding actually hitting him with it as she doesn't know if he would get in trouble for having a wet suit. When she knows he's too busy to deal with her grabbing at him, Harmony will sing at him, mostly narrating what he's doing or making up a ballad of complaints she or the others have at him. It's one of the ways she bonds with her fellow acts, as she collects the complaints from them all. (If this has led to a couple fights where Harmony defends Meric's honor, no one will snitch each other out.)
When Meric has to disciple someone, Harmony has to fight back the fear that he would hit her like her father and brother. She also has to deal with the fact that the man she cares for, is also someone who causes harm to others occasionally. It takes some mental gymnastics for her to deem that the man who holds her and says kind things to her, is different from the man who gives off cold glares and hands out punishments in such a manner that feels too close to home for her. When he does have to hand out punishments, Harmony becomes extremely quiet, and curls into herself, trying to hide from the whole situation. After its all finish and Meric comes to interact with her, Harmony is more dolce and just snuggles into his chest, doing her heart beat tap with quiet hum to accompany it, as she can see that he is upset by his own actions and it's the only way she knows how to cheer him up while she's in this state.
This changes when Morticia is added to the mix, as Meric goes from reluctant disciplinary to a gleeful sadist. This side of the magician shakes Harmony to her core because in those moments, he does become the monsters that haunt her nightmares and memories. Whenever Meric and Morticia are together, the siren feels so lost as her protector becomes a potential abuser and her mind just can't sit straight with this thought. So, she tries to be on her best behavior and ignore the nasty feeling in her chest that tells her that this man is bad and can't be trusted. Sadly, it gets easier every time she does it.
As Meric is the one to carry her around the most, Harmony tends to speak with him about her thoughts more often and more freely, being more blunt with her opinions than she is with Aveline, who she tries to soften her thoughts for. Harmony tries not to share her feelings on escaping, afraid he might tell Aveline about them, but she has slipped up a couple times about liking the circus more than the outside world. She always gives a panic response of "Please don't tell Aveline! I'm sorry!", curling up into herself and hoping the man doesn't hate her. During these moments, it takes a bit of coaxing from Meric to calm her down.

Morticia

Harmony's feelings toward this woman are very mixed. On one hand, she hates her because she steals Meric's attention away from the teen, on another, the woman's cruel actions bring her a sense of familiarity that calms her in a sick sense. Though, because of how random the doctor's curitly is, she terrifies Harmony to her core, but again, Meric seems to like her, so the teen is left confused on what to do. Does she hate the woman for her abusive and cruel actions, or does she learn to put up with it for the sake of one of the most important people in her life now?
During one on one interactions, Harmony is wary, but polite, making sure to not cause the woman a valid reason to hurt her. The teen will try to make herself as quiet and small as possible when the other is around, but not interacting with her. All sense of empathy and caring for others flies out the window should someone anger Morticia when Harmony is around, for the teen will immediately go back to her "You did this to yourself, I'm not getting hurt to help you fix your mess" attitude. Exceptions are made for Aveline however, though this amounts to Harmony trying to discreetly tell the angel to stop whatever she's doing to earn the ire of the mad doctor. It's not that Harmony doesn't care about those who get hurt by this woman, and by extenage, the Ringmaster, it's simply a matter of survival for the teen.
So the doctor is a horrible mix of home comfort and fear for the teen, should she try to make friends with the woman for Meric's sake? Should she avoid the doctor for her own safety? At the end of the day, the way Harmony sees Dr. Morticia as a fearful confusion and hopes to survive this woman long enough to figure out what to do.

Maxi "Mashi"

Mashi is odd in a good way to Harmony, as he is kind and warm toward her, which she likes, but is cold and distrusting toward the others, which when it comes to Aveline, she doesn't like at all. He sits there and talks about things like his time at school or amusement parks and if the siren were to be honest, she's calling fake news on a whole world of fun run by a mouse. Harmony does see that he tries to bring something to her life, what it is, she can't tell. She saw it when he tried to get her a toy of some kind, the teen didn't get a look at it besides it being colorful. The man lost his hand over it, and when she saw his expression when she told him he shouldn't have tried, that it wasn't like she ever had one before so she wasn't missing anything. It's because of these efforts that Harmony tries her best to return the kindness. This can range from her ignoring when he tries telling new acts to take Aveline's advice with a grain of salt, to her trying to sing the songs he has mentioned in his stories. She even deals with the fish puns he makes.

Adrian
Having only known him for a week, Harmony doesn't have many opinions on the other fishy teen. Except for "GET OUT OF MY ROOM! NO BOYS! MY WATER! AHHHHHHHH!" Other than that, she doesn't mind him much.

Deutsch
Mr. Deutsch is much scary, must hide when he's around.

Killian the Ringmaster

This is the man behind the pain, the man responsible for all their suffering. Knowing this, being reminded over and over of these facts, Harmony still asks herself if the ringmaster is the enemy. Yes, she knows he isn't kind or even a decent person by any measure, but in her view, he's a hero. He saved her life! Because she knew she was going to die in that house, sooner rather than later. Harmony sees this circus as the biggest blessing of her miserable life, she gets to practice her craft, she gained a family, a sense of safety and for the first time in her life, she's happy.
This being said, Harmony is still afraid of him. The man can and has, caused harm to her and those she loves. She knows he tortures Meric, took Aveline's eyes and Mashi's hand, he wants to hurt them. She doesn't want to get too close to him, honest she doesn't, but in her mind, he replaced her dad and so, she kinda wants to get to know him better. After all, Aveline is all about being close with family. . . .
It's because of these conflicting feelings that Harmony tries to avoid the ringmaster's attention, always being polite and on her best behavior when discussing the music for the following performance. When Ringmaster is a topic of conversion, Harmony tries to make neutral statements that she knows that others agree with or want to hear, because she's afraid to lie. It's harder for Harmony to sort her thoughts out on the Ringmaster as she can't find anyone to talk about them out with, especially Meric who is her normal sounding board, as his hatred for the man is well known to her.

Newbies
Harmony is willing to get to know them, but knows not to get attached too quickly. Most don't make it anyway.

Attachments

• Harmony 2019.png
    Harmony 2019.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: AshenAngel

ADRIAN MOLTENTIDE
"The Inside Out Boy"
ABOUT HIM
Name- Adrian Moltentide
Gender- Male
Age- 16
Act- The Inside Out Boy
Veteran or New- Newcomer

Appearance-
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 100lbs
Adrian has a very youthful complexion, and partnered with his height, he looks very childish. His big dark green eyes have an innocent quality to them which will more than likely fade with time here. There are speckles of blue pigment across his skin. His flaming red hair has been replaced with a mane of fiery red... squishy things? And most notably, he has a thick blue squishy tail with more of those red squishy things on it.

Deformity-
Adrian has gained certain qualities akin to a sea cucumber. A huge development is that he's able to breathe underwater. He has much more squish to himself than before, his bones becoming softer and more flexible. This makes existing outside of water much more laborious, everything seeming to take more effort as his body struggles against gravity itself.

He's also gained ability to regurgitate internal organs and suck them back in. This trick is extremely painful to perform, but the pain doesn't last long due to the new extremely rapid regenerative properties of his changed body. This does not help his perpetual baby face in the slightest. His blood has restorative effects on others as well, when applied to injuries it hastens the recovery process.

Strengths-
Good with computers, Adrian's current side project is programming the circus' lights to become automated during their performances.
Planning, rhythm, and timing are key things that he never falters with.
Recovery and healing capabilities, perfect to be used and abused in this hellish circus.

Weaknesses-
Low pain tolerance, truly something that needs to be worked on, though he doubts that it will ever get any better. He will do anything if it means not experiencing pain.
Physically weak, he isn't any good in a fight or struggle, even in water.
Difficulties moving outside of water, his weakened body makes him struggle and often lag behind the others, surely making him a detriment to any escape attempt.

Information-
Raised a rich boy with absentee world traveling parents, Adrian is more independent than people would first assume. He has a surprising little stubborn streak when he gets worked up enough over his autonomy, but with most other things, he has about negative ten willpower.

He has a tendency to fixate on things until they no longer catch his interest. Rhythm games have always been a fallback for him, and he has a restless habit of rebuilding computers and writing programs. Being tech savvy in a little world that revolves around magic is a huge struggle that he is slowly adapting to.

He has abandonment issues and is afraid of being alone. This tended to result in him hanging out with people that were only looking to use him for his money or connections. One night when the empty halls of his family's estate were a bit too looming, he decided to go to the circus that was nearby. While at the show, he fell victim to a certain siren's song. He'd left the circus to go get a bouquet to give her, but the Master caught him before he reached the flower shop.

It has been a week since he's joined the circus.

Relationships-
The Master: The Master is the enemy, Adrian pleaded with him to let him be useful in exchange for less pain and scored the computer side project. Whether or not less pain actually does come is up for debate.
The Minotaur: Adrian doesn't want to be a fish stick. Avris wants him to be a fish stick. This is not acceptable.
Aveline: Her motherly qualities originally had him cautious, wondering if she was going to use him too, but he's slowly warming up to her.
Meric: He sees the magician as being two-faced, much like the others that had passed through his life, and is just waiting to hear what he wants in exchange for his little acts of kindness.
Morticia: This crazy bitch makes his life a living hell. She helped him "demonstrate" his deformity on his first day, and has been haunting his nightmares ever since.
Maxi: The guy is hella intimidating, but he swears he recognizes those freaky eyes from somewhere. This does not put him at ease in the slightest.
Harmony: Being forced to share a tank with her outside of practice and performing hours has seen Adrian become a begrudging pillow for the touch starved girl, his squishyness causing a lack of ability to fight her off.
The Newcomers: He's playing everything by ear with them.

Last edited:
Hey, if anyone is interested in this RP, but can't come up with charrie idea, I'm giving you one.
Sword Swallower/Assassin (if you want to play around on the dark side)

I so love this image and was going to work out an idea, but I have far too many charries already... and WAY TOO MANY RPS!
So, ADOPT this baby!

K, WIP, but not a lot. He's a dunce anyway, so... Meh!

The Minotaur/Bodyguard
Deutsch aka Avris Dutch

Name- Avris Dutch
AKA: Deutsch
Gender- Male
Age- 26
Act- The Living Minotaur
A veteran of 5 years

Appearance- 6'12", 375 lbs of pure muscle, brunette, brown eyes.

Deformity- A hunk of a man-altered to look like a minotaur. He'll be the Ringmaster's pet/bodyguard of sorts. He doesn't speak with words, but through the mind; he's not that bright except on topics dealing with fighting, protecting, destroying, and following orders. He has no magic, but able to rage when he deems necessary, and he only trusts Killian.

Information- Deutsch was Killian's first attempt to alter a human with his demonic powers to create his apprentice, but he turned out far too dense to control the power and not leadership material. Killian wanted an apprentice who has the strength to stand up against anything that comes their way and the intelligence and charm to run the greatest show on earth. Since the minotaur didn't work, he turned him into his mindless bodyguard and began creating Meric.

Avris was known as The Daredevil in The King's Throne Circus (his family's circus and Killian's biggest competition). He would attempt daring feats that showed how fearless and indestructible he was. Killian decided to enhance his ability by giving him a stronger core, natural armor, horns, and hooves... and named him Deutsch; he's a Taurus after all.

Deutsch is rarely seen in public unless Killian feels his act will be well accepted in the town they're visiting at the time. Instead, Deutsch keeps a close eye on the circus grounds and hides in the shadows watching Meric and the others. Killian trusts Meric - well enough - but knows that trust can only go so far. Deutsch is trained to follow Killian's orders alone - unless he specifies otherwise. He's also trained to manage Meric when he's not quite - himself. And, if by chance, Meric breaks protocol or steps out of line, Deutsch is the one who punishes him.

Relationships:
Deutsch loves Morticia because she feeds him chocolate-covered fingers and pickled toes from time to time. (He's a biohazard dumpster).

He's not sure about The Twins; he can't tell if they're two people, or one person carrying a mirror with them.

Meric - Target #1. He tolerates Meric for now (be he is aware that, if Killian is no longer alive, the power falls upon Meric to manage the circus - and he will become his new master).

Harmony & Adrian - Fish are Food, not Friend.

Aveline - Target #2.

Kaylock - Target #3

The others so far - If they don't do anything crazy, Deutsch won't even notice they're there. However, if they are dumb enough to catch the Minotaur's attention in a negative way, consider themself - numbered.

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Azazel

𝒜𝓋𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝒦𝒾𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇𝓁𝓎 𝒜𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓁𝑜
Gender-
Female
Age- 20
Act- 'Angel and Devil Aerial Show'
Veteran of Four Years and Six months

Appearance
Height: 5' 2''
Weight: 103lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Ocean Blue Crimson

Aveline has long, black hair that is thick and wavy when left to it's own devices. She used to have brilliant, ocean blue eyes before an attempted escape cost her sight. They are now fully a crimson color that occasionally leaks blood when she is upset or overly agitated. Her build is petite and athletic, thin but not too thin to appear unhealthy. Even for her age, she seems almost too young, partially because her bones were altered to be light enough for flight.

Deformity
Although many believe her to be an angel, Aveline's DNA was actually spliced with that of a raven. Her bones are light and perforated to make her body small and light enough for flight to occur. Shiny and sleek black wings from a demon were stolen and grafted onto her back. While he would have liked to taken his time and let the raven DNA force her to grow her own, Killian was rushed for time and wanted a success. Thus the graft that causes Aveline pain when she over-exerts her back muscles in flight. Also, not considered a deformity, but rather a punishment, Aveline was magically blinded after a failed attempt to help the other performers escape devised by herself and Meric.

Information
Aveline was 15 when she was taken from Brady's Run National Park in Ohio. She had insisted that insted of going out somewhere with a boy she fancied, that she show him a special place in the woods that herself and her sister had discovered earlier that month. Little did she know that she brought herself and the boy right to the doorstep of Killian's camp. She was his second creation after Deutsch, and he was desperate for a success, leaving his work on her a little sloppy.

In her earlier days at the circus, she tried so hard to get her friend to remember her only to find them met with punishment every time. Eventually she settled for the fact that he seemed fond of her, even if he didn't understand why. She turned her focus from restoring his memories, to trying to keep morale up of the new performers that would come and go. More often they faced their demise whether due to errors made by the Ringmaster or because they died in a performance, or lack there of. She began to lose help herself, especially when the one that seemed determined to stay was one who enjoyed inflicting pain on the others and bringing out a side of her friend that she almost feared. Deep inside she knew it was still him though so she stood tall and refused to let the views forced on him by Killian drive distance between them.

As the months turned into years, she tried many ways to break free from their prison with any performers that were alive at the time. It wasn't until almost four years after the circus began that she knew there wasn't any other choice but escape. It was the arrival of the youngest performer to date that tugged on her heartstrings. She knew she had to protect this girl from Killian at any cost. Thus she conspired with Meric in secret to find a time when the Ringmaster wasn't watching. So they thought. The plan went horribly wrong and in retaliation for the biggest attempt against him to date, he turned Meric on Aveline, having him blind her for their insolence. Her punishment was her eyes. His punishment was the pain he was forced to inflict on his friend.

Since then, Aveline has settled down a lot. She softly speaks words of encouragement to the new performers although she urges and pleads with them not to act alone. She promises that one day they will have their freedom, even if she doesn't know when that day will come. Not to mention that she now needs help finding her way around. She'd always had a fear of the dark, this fear enhanced after her and Meric's night-time abduction. Now she was forced to live in the dark, never to see the light of day again, even if she could occasionally feel it on her skin. She tries desperately not to be a burden on the others, but asks for help when she feels she needs it. She also is desperate to show Meric that she still has faith in him despite what happened, that she still trusts him. If she gets hurt in the process than so be it.

Relationships

WIP
Killian:

Deutsch:

Meric:

Morticia:

Lovetta:

Fenrir:

Maxi:

Harmony:

Adrian:

Ophelia:

Lotte:

Marrose:

Sable:

Cassia:

Karissa:

𝒮𝑜 𝓂𝓊𝒸𝒽 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝒶𝒾𝓁 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓂𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈,
𝐼 𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝒶 𝔰𝔠𝔬𝔯𝔠𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔢, 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝓊𝓇𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒸𝓊𝓁𝓉𝒾𝓋𝒶𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓈𝑒 𝓈𝒸𝒶𝓇𝓈.
𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝕦𝕟𝕤𝕖𝕖𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝐼 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓃𝑜 𝒾𝒹𝑒𝒶 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒹𝑜.
𝒮𝑜 𝐼 ⓢⓜⓘⓛⓔ 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓁𝓅 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓌𝑒'𝓁𝓁 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽...
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒶𝓁𝓁 some day.
ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴀ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴇʟᴅ
ᵂʰᵉʳᵉ ʷᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵗᵃʸ
คภ๔ Ŧเภ๔ ๏ยг ๒ยг๔єภร ђєคɭє๔..
ι нσρє αη∂ ρяαу
𝚆𝚎'𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢...

ℝ𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕕 𝕃𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

Last edited:
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: AmerillaRose
ᴸʘ𝐯Ҽቲቲα ႽҼαቲɧ
Gender- Female
Age- 19
Act- "The Feral She-Wolf"
Veteran of Three Years

Appearance
Height: 5' 7''
Weight: 142lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Gold

Lovetta, while not lacking in curves, is obviously very athletic as she ran track and cross-country in college. Her hair is rather choppy, appearing as if it had been long at one point but was rather hastily cut off for convenience. The fur that starts mid-arm and mid-thigh is soft in texture and matches the dark color of her hair. Despite her mouth full of sharp canines and her usually irritated or sulky expression, her face is rather round and cherub like, giving her an almost child-like appearance when she pouts. Whether they are a side effect of her transformation is unknown, but she has six pointed lines on either side of her face that range in color from a soft tan to a brilliant red when she is worked up. Lately though they've taken on a deep shade of crimson.

Deformity
Lovetta is almost a complete anthropomorphic wolf, the only features of her that remain human are her face and chest. She has black wolf ears that poke out of her hair, and extremely sharps fangs that poke over her lips depending on her expression. Her arms and legs are covered in silky black fur that leads to paws with sharp claws as well. Finally, emerging from her lower back is an extremely sensitive and fluffy wolf tail. Despite popular belief, she is unable to shift further human or further beast. It is also believed that she has heightened animal instincts, leading her to feel the danger radiated from Killian, Morticia, and sometimes Meric. She views the other performers like she would her pack and wished to protect them at any cost.

Information
What ended up happening to Lovetta is actually rather ironic. She moved around a lot through her younger years along with her parents who were conservationists. She had always had a special fascination with wolves and had even spent a few months living alongside a pack of them with her parents when she was 11. Upon reaching adulthood, she left the travelling life of her parents to settle down and attend college at John Hopkins for Biology.

The first year settled down had her itching for some kind of adventure. Anything to break the strings of the monotony that her life had sunk into as she worked for her degree. While she had her extra curriculars, she couldn't help but feel that something was missing. All the exploration and travel left her struggling to remain in one place for too long. So, on her first summer break, she arranged a trip through the Amazon in hopes that being out and among wildlife once more would scratch the itch that had developed.

She'd been out for around a month when she found herself among a rather strange sensation. There'd been hushed whispers in one of the villages she was passing through. The locals spoke of something she translated to some kind of circus demon and this left her confused. Thus when everyone holed up at night to avoid becoming victims of this so-called demon, Lovetta went out in search of it. She found herself rather stunned to find a big top far out into the forest that night. And boy did she find that circus demon she was looking for.

Relationships

WIP
Deutsch:

Aveline

Meric:

Morticia:

Fenrir:

Maxi:

Harmony:

Adrian:

Ophelia:

Lotte:

Marrose:

Sable:

Cassia:

Karissa:

Last edited:

Sharpshooter

O V E R V I E W

98ad658f0e94429f75e2fd303d43df2f.jpg

Name: Jackson Deltorre
Nickname: Jack, Jackie, Del
Act: Sharpshooter
Newcomer or Veteran: Veteran of 1 year

Appearance:
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 200lbs
Jack has broad shoulders and a narrow waist. He is as tough and durable as he looks. He has scruffy short blond hair, as well as an ear piercing. The only human thing about him is his head, everything else gives way to black machinery shaped to human form, gears and wires forged from wicked magic.

Deformity:
Jack's eyes were replaced with optic lenses, allowing him to see perfectly in the dark and aim with absolute ease. They glow orange when they are on.

His natural voice had been lost, and the Master had some difficulties creating a new one, as it was his first time performing such an experiment. Overly emotional displays cause damage. As a result, Jack's words often cut in and out, and he requires frequent service to keep his voice in working order. This experiment did lay the groundwork for Harmony's little siren song.

Everything below his neck has been cybernetically enhanced as well, and have a similar orange glowing pattern when they are active. He is without a heart, though his inner machinery still keeps him alive.

And like any good plaything, he can be turned off and put away. He has no need for food, and is entirely dependent on the Master to sustain his life with magic.

He is the master's tin soldier, the sentry and sniper, a heartless machine with a pretty face.

P E R S O N A L

Personality:
Jack is a cold person. He doesn't like people, and makes sure that they know it. He feels trapped in his own body, and hates the fact that he needs the Master alive. He'd kill the man himself if he could somehow force himself to act against him, or if it didn't kill him as well, but both those conditions are a fantasy. So he resigns himself to being cold and angry and bitter.

He isn't nutty like the ringmaster's other lapdogs. Maybe having full control over his thoughts isn't such a blessing here. He has some fight in him, disobedient in all the little ways he can get away with under the Master's orders. He is careful to mind his mouth around Meric since he is the master's eyes and ears, but sometimes complains and loosens up when he feels it's safe enough to do so. He doesn't risk forming deep connections in case his orders call for their termination.

He doesn't indulge in fantasies, and hates to acknowledge the fact that he still has dreams. He doesn't want to feel hope, it's an emotion that can go fuck right off along with whoever's selling it. Ever since he was a kid, he's hated wishing for a better life, and some things never change. He hates feeling desperate, he hates being trapped like this, and he hates what he has to do.

All of this is kept close to his chest, as he isn't sure who would care, who he could trust at this point, or if his voice could even manage to relay these feelings. He's the murderer of the group, and anyone who was around for the great escape knew it.

Backstory:
Jackson grew up in a rough part of town, born to a single mother who struggled to keep the lights on. He fell in with a mafia family in order to help out Ma with the money. He didn't dabble in what he sold, and his efficiency saw him rising up the ladder, ensuring payment and painting walls.

He didn't ask questions, and always performed. He took his oath and followed his orders, and that made him a good soldier for the family.

He was killed, or at least he thought he'd been killed, by a wire across the neck. The master must have seen this unfold, as the next thing he remembered was gaining consciousness in a dark place, without a voice or sensation until his new world under the circus tent was turned on.

He hates having his life held hostage, but can't do anything about it. He can't disobey his orders, but he's found some wiggle room in them. While he is unable to resist them completely, he has found that he's able to choose the complexity of the shot he takes, and move around as long as it eventually led to the completion of an order. This simple trick is what prevented him from outright killing Aveline in her attempt to escape. His choice to ricochet the shot slowed down the bullet just enough that it didn't cause grievous injury, yet still had the stopping power to bring her down.

He remains uncertain that allowing her to live was the right choice after seeing the example the ringmaster made of her. His choice in the matter was bold enough that he might have alerted the master or the others that he had some fragment of free will left, but nothing has come of it so far.

A B I L I T I E S

Strengths:
Jack is a fierce gunman, his body built to handle the recoil of any weapon he might come across, and his eyes capable of deadly shot calculation.

He doesn't need to sleep, though he does enjoy it when he is allowed to.

Weaknesses:
His life is held by the Master. He has limited control of his own actions whenever the Master places an order.

The Master can power him down with a snap of his fingers.

He isn't waterproof and tends to suffer shortages on damp days. He is unable to guard the circus exterior on rainy days. Harmony's splashing is the bane of his existence and he keeps a wary distance from Adrian in case he ever picks up the habit.

An overdose of electricity could be the death of him as well.

He is afraid of dying, and believes that he will die if the Master is killed. This is not an option and he will defend the Master from bodily harm at all costs..... but, mental harm? That's another story.

R E L A T I O N S

Newcomers:
Considering that he frequently is the one that lends a hand in capturing newcomers at the circus, all those that have encountered the illusion barrier since he was activated were frequently met with his darts. He feels an immense guilt in capturing newcomers and avoids associating with them whenever he can.

Veterans:
  • The Master: The Master is the enemy, but also to holder of his life. Jack has all sorts of mental tortures planned for the monster, but he will not allow anyone to harm him physically. After all, a threat to the master's life is a threat to his own.
  • Meric: Jack does not like Meric in the slightest. He's jealous of his autonomy and despises the fact that he can get away with everything he does while he has the seed of the devilish ringmaster planted in him.
  • Aveline: He has her blood on his hands and he knows it. His actions during her attempted escape still haunt him, and he remains on uncertain ground with her.
  • Morticia: Jack is oddly comfortable around the doctor. His muted sensation in his metal body tend to make him less of a target for her. He hasn't pegged her as the gossiping type, so he finds it easy to talk to her whenever his voice is working.
  • Maxi: He is fairly certain that the bug will brutally murder him if he ever gets a good opportunity. He killed Maxi's last remaining friend from the outside during Aveline's great escape, and there would be no mercy from the bug.
  • Harmony: Jack gives her and her tank a very wide berth due to her splashing habit. He's fully aware that she's a little shit.
  • The Minotaur: Jack talks to Deutsch quite a bit, finding it easy to avoid topics that would stir up emotions with the muscle head.
  • Loveta: The she-wolf's stunt wasn't something that Jack could easily ignore, but seeing as no one tried to escape during it, he holds no ill will against her.

AUTOMATICA | Nigel Stanford ​

Last edited:
Name- Amy
Gender- Female
Age- 18
Act- The thing of the deep
Veteran or New- Veteran of two weeks
Appearance-
Height: 4"2
Weight:150bs

Amy's appearance is needless anything but normal. Her skin an almost pastel pink in complexion with darker spots all over her body. Her hair hangs down to the mid portion of her back and has the same coloring as the spots that cover her body. Slim and toned in her human body composition could lead meant to believe that she was once rather cute. Her eyes a bright pink in contrasts to the pale coloring of the rest of her.

once you hit her waist is where the human in her disappears, where legs once where now sits a full octopus as if the master simply attached the two together, she has 8 tentacles, a head and eyes that can be unnerving to look at. It's unspecified if she can reproduce or even has her reproduction organs or not.

Deformity-
Amy's deformity is well plain and simple. Her upper half being humanoid in stature and build with clear influences from the octopus and her lower half being entirely of the soft-bodied, eight-limbed mollusc. Which kind of octopus is unknown exactly but either way she has tentacles and all. It often brings into question if the octopus is alive itself and a separate entity living on Amy or if she is in total control. To answer the question yes Amy has full control. The octopus isn't a separate entity but more like an extra limb so to speak. Able to use all the functions of the octopus including the eyes and any other part of it gives Amy a few unique abilities such as being able to breath in water and out of it, able to change the color of her skin like camouflage and even eat like the octopus

Information-
Many would wonder how Amy even came to be in the hands of the Master. Growing up on the shores of the Bahamas Amy had been near water since birth. Growing up in a tropical paradise, her home right on the beachfront it was guaranteed the ocean would become the first love of her life and in many ways it did and more. It was her universe, Amy's own world to explore and conquer from the time she could walk. Her parents would even say that Amy knew how to swim before she knew how to walk or speak and Amy wouldn't doubt that statement.

She grew up happy under the care of her mother and father. A husband and wife just as attached to the sea as Amy was would only help grow her fondness for it more and more. Learning to swim, surf, snorkel, dive and anything else needed to do with water Amy practically became amphibious though little did she know it would eventually come true.

It was the day she was to leave for collage when the master came, possibly in search for a more.... exotic piece to add to his circus when he found Amy in her last few moment of enjoying the ocean before she was meant to leave. She didn't know how it happened or what even happened. One moment Amy had been wading in the water, letting the energy of the waves gently course around her body, then the next she was in the big top.

Even though Amy has been there only a few weeks she quickly learned that Master is the enemy, the man that took her away and turned her into this.

Relationships-
TBD

Attachments

• EBF3DDEF-D50E-452C-AF22-ACDE24719266.jpeg
    EBF3DDEF-D50E-452C-AF22-ACDE24719266.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 3
  • E3B162D3-05A7-49DA-B6C1-D396EBA5DDFD.jpeg
    E3B162D3-05A7-49DA-B6C1-D396EBA5DDFD.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Phi Chisym