Dark with Enlightened Intentions (Steven Universe

Onyx shrugged when Pyrite gave her thoughts regarding Homeworld and their needs to know more about Earth. Seems like she has no idea.. But that doesn't mean she doesn't want to have a clue. "They probably just want more intel on it, for, like.. precautionary measures!" She came to her own conclusion, smiling over at Pyrite. "So when more gems come to Earth, they'll be informed about it, and don't end up running through the middle of a road for those.. weird machines on roly-poly things to slam into 'em." She pantomimed her statement on her two hands, including smashing one fist in one hand to mimic crashing. Considering it was her first time here (or on any new planet, really), Onyx wasn't doing too well in picking up certain terminologies for the planet's various inventions and such that are pretty much commonplace. So naturally, she makes up her own to fill in the gaps. When Pyrite pointed out that they'd be making it to another town, Onyx could barely contain her excitement, bouncing in place-- and the gem mentioning having stories from being on Earth didn't make this any better. "Oooh, boy! I'll be sure to ask if I have anything!" She responded, collecting herself a little as they neared said town.. Though she was showing body language that all but signified that she was still antsy.

"... Heh, yeah. More gems." Pyrite focused on the town-- Onyx had promised not to tell of her existence, but the prospect of more Homeworld gems or, heck, just more gems in general, didn't sound all that exciting to Pyrite, to say the least. She paused, "... Don't think ah could'of come with'a better description, though." She said, speaking honestly, it was a better description than her own of just 'weird miniature trackless trains'.

"Jus' don't get ahead of yourself, you hear? Don't want an encounter like y'did with that... thing on the roly-poly wheels, d' ya?" she said, almost putting a hand on Onyx's shoulder to prevent her from suddenly running off. What were ya' Pyrite, her, as the humans would put it, parent or something? "... That's jus' my advice, though. Just... be aware of consequences, s'all right?"

Several structures, buildings of shops and services and even some houses, lined the streets. A few humans milled about, not yet taking notice of the two gems approaching, "So, since you're a pretty new fellah t' this whole planet and all, how's about you let me do most of th' talking? Least until ya' get Earth culture all settled." said Pyrite, despite taking note that how humans dressed were... a little different than how she was used to. Maybe a little whole lot more than what she was used to.

"Yeah, understood! I think that's a fair bet, considering.. that last moment." Onyx was briefly lost in thought, clearly thinking back to the moment where she was momentarily a deer in the headlights. "That was just like a.. learning experience. In that I've learned not to do that ever again. Ever!" Onyx nodded with a smile at the taller gem, determined to show to her that she can be trusted while they were exploring. She couldn't wait; the definition of the act, in fact, seemed to leave her mind the closer they got.

And finally, they arrived. Onyx looked around even more, seeing the many establishments and humans walking about. Her excitement couldn't be bottled up at this point, practically squealing and hopping in place once again, though she made sure to stay close to Pyrite. "Ooh, we're here, we're here! Everything looks amazing; I don't even know where to start here!" Onyx adjusted her glasses and extended herself a few times as they walked to get closer looks at certain places, such as the shops.. Actually, especially the shops, because more often than not she saw humans walking out with bags filled with contents. "..What do they do there..? Do they just grab bags and take whatever's inside?"

"... Yeah, a... 'learnin' experience.'" A learning experience that nearly resulted in her being run over-- but hey, at least she wouldn't be running off like that again anytime soon. Hopefully.

Pyrite took in the sight of the town much more silently than Onyx did, reflecting on how the humans seemed to change their building structures from what she remembered. No longer were they just long rows of wooden buildings and a dirt road to navigate through the town. For one, it sure was more colorful... and, admittedly, these things seemed a whole less likely to just burn down in one night. Still, a slight frown formed on her features as she observed, reminded of how distant she became from human culture... A sense of familiarity met with feeling like a complete stranger.

A few humans stared at the two, "Is there a con here or something?" one asked, taking note of their skin colors, "I didn't think it was tourist season yet..." murmured another, noticing Onyx's rather enthusiastic responses to the settlement.

"Huh?" Pyrite watched as another human exited with what seemed to be some sort of gleaming bag, far different from the leather bags Pyrite was used to. But, she knew what a store was, "Oh, they're just doin' some business outta' those stores-- what you're sayin' there is only half correct. They take stuff, but not without some sorta' thing that they use to exchange for it, like coins or paper that's worth a certain amount." she explained, "Whole lotta' robberies happened in my time because of those things."

"Oooh, really..?" Well, that was odd. Coins and paper, having value? An idea that she indeed found intriguingly strange, as she didn't hesitate to mention. "Weird.. Wonder where they get the stuff to make the exchanges, then.."

While Onyx indulged herself in the shops and many, many humans walking around-- some, if not most of which were staring straight at the two gems, seeing as they were clearly the odd ones out in the area. "And those're humans, huh..? They look a little more.. identifiable. And pudgier." She squinted her eyes from behind her glasses, practically eyeballing them right back, almost as if they were newcomers to the planet. "Right, making good progress so far! This information is looking a little vanilla, but it can't be useless back home! Something can be made out of several nothings, if you work at it.." That phrase, unbelievably enough, has worked out for her before. Onyx always was the sort of person to roll with the punches, and simply improvise with the scraps she has around her. True to form, thanks to how well she worked at it, it turns out that was enough to promote her! But now all she needs to do is prove she's worthy of her new job..

She stood up straight, looking right up at her temporary partner. "So, what now, Rite? D'you have a good idea of where to go for more intel? I'll see if I don't have any more questions for you," she informed, smiling eagerly and clearly wanting to know more about what dwells around the planet, and Pyrite herself, as possible, as quickly as possible.. though, that definitely can't happen if she decides on taking her sweet time. Then she looked over at the shop she was ogling at moments before. "Though, if we have stuff to trade for goods, we can take a trip there, too. If not, let's not bother.." She looked just a tad wary, with the energy shown on her face fading slightly. "Wouldn't want to be considered swindlers.."

Last edited:
"From a lotta' different sources, like, say, th' bank," Pyrite said, her mind first going to that. There was a pause, "Or maybe trains. Those things had plenty of that stuff, too..." she paused, "... That bein', most of the time ya' do some sorta' job fer it. Like round up them cattle," she paused, "Uh... big fellers who a lot of the time have horns," she made 'horns' on her head with her fingers, "and make this 'mooo' sorta' sound. It's the bulls y' gotta watch out for. Get mad as all hell if ya' provoke them right," steering herself away from the topic, she continued, "In any case, usually, humans did somethin' for other humans and then, eventually, ya' get paid fer it,"

Pyrite listened, amused by the thought of this sort of information, for whatever the reason, being useful to Homeworld of all places. ... As she looked on at the town, however, she realized that she shared some of Onyx's reactions to this place. They were both strangers to this place.

"Uh..." Pyrite didn't want to admit that she was a tad lost here, "Now hold on, don't get ahead of yaself now-- ain't no-one gonna be a swindler t' anyone now, y' hear? Ah ain't that kina' gem and... well, like y' said, you sure look lahk ya' don't wanna be one either," Pyrite digged through her pockets-- it'd been awhile since she regenerated last, so, surely, there was something in here somewhere. She smiled brightly when she felt a rough shape in her pocket, and pulled it out, "Here we go!" she showed it in her palm, "A good ol' piece of..." she peered at it, "... Aw, haystacks," Pyrite. Not her-- actual pyrite, "Almost thought this stuff was actual gold fer' a moment here.

"Ohh, I see!" Onyx listened intently to Pyrite's explanation, specifically the cattle. With how she described them, clearly they're a threat she has to avoid at all costs if they really are the savages she says they are. "I'll be sure to keep all of this in mind if and when I run into them, then. Also, quick question.." She raised one finger up, having that all-too inquisitive look on her bespectacled face, "..What're banks? And trains? Oh, I guess those are quick questions, technically.."

Onyx was rather relieved, amongst her admittedly frantic curiosity, when Pyrite once again dispelled her worries about being called thieves, especially with humans looking at them. With that said, she clapped in excitement, glad to hear that her partner at least had some form of currency they could-- not use. They could not use what she had, and even she knew it the minute she looked at it. Her smile fell from her face, and the disappointment could just be felt from her. "Aw.. You can't exchange anything for pyrite.." She sighed.. then she realized what she had said, jumping up and holding up her hands. "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean anything by that! That's a different kind of pyrite; I'm sure you're worth lots!" She wasn't helping her case every time she talked from then on, backspacing for longer than she intended. "No, wait, what am I saying? You're priceless; you can't be worth anything! Shoot, I mean-- ugh, you know what I was aiming for.. Sorry.."

... Oh. Pyrite, in making sure Onyx had a good idea of what cattle were and the importance of watching out for mad-as-hell bulls, forgot Onyx's foreignness to... other human concepts, "Well, uh," Pyrite began, "banks are places were humans put all'a their... valuable exchangin' stuff in... Which, if I gotta' be honest here, lahk ah am now, it's a pretty stupid concept in practice-- y' askin' for those places t' be robbed! And hoo boy, they were... and trains..." Pyrite paused, realizing that she could go all day explaining the complexity of locomotives, "... Well, ah'll show ya' sometime what one looks like." Shape-shifting into one would be the easiest explanation.

"Now- Well, look-- Y' really didn't--" Pyrite barely had any time to get a word in before Onyx went off apologizing, "Ah, uh, thanks...?" Pyrite said, unsure of how to take Onyx's comments on her worth, "... Don't worry 'bout me takin' any offense. Really." Pyrite reassured, "Now, we just gotta' find'a way t' get us some paper, coins, whatever, that can be exchanged." She said, looking off, contemplative. It was when she looked towards a store window that her eyes peeked with interest.

"Now, would ya' look'it that!" Pyrite said, stepping over to a paper displayed in a window-- Need Employees! Now Hiring! See Manager for details.

Pyrite looked over to Onyx, grinning, "Onyx, I think we just found'a solution t'our problem. Remember when ah said that humans usually did things fer other humans, and eventually, they got paid f'er it? Well-- How's about we take them jobs they're offerin' in that there window? Just follow my lead-- Don't wanna toot my own horn here, but, I've got'a lil' more experience in doin' human work."

Onyx only seemed to nod innocently at Pyrite's brief explanations, occasionally making sure to remember what their functions were-- this could lead to nothing but good things when she finally gets to report her findings, she can tell. But, with banks.. Seems precarious, the way Rite put it. Why do people bother putting their valuable way of purchasing wares in one place, where it could be liable to property damage, or thievery.. Seems much easier to keep it with you in a safe area, though, on the other hand, what does she know? She just came here.

After apologizing, and.. possibly making the air around them awkward. All she had to do was take Pyrite's word about not being offended. The last thing she needed was her partner leaving her after barely a day because of something insensitive she didn't mean to say. "Alright.. So, what do we.." She stopped for a moment, looking over at a flyer against the window of an establishment that caught Pyrite's eye.

"..Wait, you don't mean.." She started, looking incredibly curious now. It was then that a smile once again formed onto her face-- she was as psyched as ever now, possibly even moreso. "Yeah.. You know what, yeah! Let's do it! Let's get to work! Let's get value!" She exclaimed-- not quite getting the right term for money yet-- and practically vibrating where she stood before taking off in the store's direction. On her short trip there, she idly spoke to herself, with the perpetual grin still on her face. "Geez, not even a half hour or so on this planet, and I'm already on my way to getting two jobs.."

Pyrite couldn't help but have a grin of her own upon seeing Onyx's eagerness to the prospect, and Pyrite herself couldn't help but admit that she was looking forward to 'getting value, as Onyx had put it. Everything that she'd been doing with Onyx was much more eventful than how she'd been occupying her time for... years...? ... Pyrite decided not to contemplate it too much.

Pyrite went ahead towards the building where the supposed job was being offered, pushing on the door and-- oh? There wasn't any handle, so... Pyrite continued to push. She'd have thought that maybe the door was closed but she could see humans in the building, and there was an 'OPEN' sign plastered right in the door window, so no, it wasn't closed, "Just open already ya-- ya' big ol' dumb door."

"... It says pull."

Pyrite looked behind her, at the unamused, green haired human. Pyrite didn't think that humans could have hair like that, but she wasn't one to go and judge.

The human went forward, "Do you get it?" they said, pointing to the 'PULL' that displayed itself in big letters by the door, before pulling on the door herself, "... Stop pushing the door."

Pyrite obeyed, letting go of her grip, and the human almost slammed their face in the door that they opened.

"... I knew small towns were strange, but, fuck..." The human mumbled to themselves before entering the store. A small bell chimed to signal the arrival of someone entering.

"... Well, thank ya' anyways." Pyrite said, shrugging before she entered. Looking around, she saw another human with long, light brown hair behind a counter, who was talking with the green-haired human before they finished their conversation.

"Just lemme' take care of this 'one, Onyx. Trust me when ah say ah know what ah'm doin'." Pyrite said. She'd worked with the humans before, so, really, she was sure that this would be a piece of cake, "So," she said, stepping over to the counter, "ah suppose you'd be th' one t' talk to fer that job yer offerin'?"

"... Yes!" The light-brown haired human seemed surprised by Pyrite's appearance, but, still smiled warmly at her, "You can call me Malka-- since this is a small town, and we do need employees, this might be a little informal... in fact, we can get an interview started right now if you like?"

"Sal'right-- although, my..." Pyrite gestured to Onyx, suddenly struck by that she didn't quite know what to refer to Onyx as, "... Travlin' companion here is interested ina' job too, if it's possible y' have more than one."

"Sure-- I don't see why not." Malka said, nodding, "Now, do you have your resumes on hand...?"

Pyrite paused, peering at Malka, "... What exactly are we resumin' here."

The green-haired human in the back gave a look of bewilderment.

Last edited:
Onyx nodded at Pyrite's insistence to lead them, not having much experience with 'negotiations', or whatever their current goal could be called. So, naturally, she stood behind her while she did the talking. During their conversation, she looked around for a moment-- at the fans up on the ceiling, the stocked goods, and the doorway to the room behind the counter where the young woman-- Malka, she called herself-- resided.

Onyx quickly whipped her head around when she was mentioned by Pyrite. Well, not distinctly mentioned, but who else did she mean by 'traveling companion', really?

"...Do we have keep doing something we already did to show we've got the job?" She asked, not really getting Malka's explanation. "I think we can do that, but, uh.. Oh!" She moved from behind Pyrite, waving enthusiastically. "Hey! But anyways, what would we need to do in that case?"

With the two side to side, their impressive size difference was clearly evident-- it could even be an opinionated topic that she was much, MUCH younger than Rite (which was technically true, honestly). It was also already clear that the two, when it came to jobs on Earth, had no clue where to start, which, combined with Pyrite's efforts, earned them an awkward silence as they all traded glances with one another.

"...What? That's how it's done, right?"

"Well-- No, um, not exactly." Malka said, clearly caught off guard by what they were both saying. But she was smiling again soon enough, and even waved back a bit at Onyx, "... Do you know what a resume is?"

"I still don't get what we're resumin'." Pyrite said, putting a hand on her hip with an unamused expression. Clearly, she didn't expect it to be this... not hard, but gosh-darn unnecessarily complicated to get a simple job.

"... Ah, well... Some people are better at saying what they can do best anyways." Malka said, "So we could go straight to the interview, if you're both ready."

"Don' see why not." Pyrite answered, "Although, ah still don' get just what we're resumin'..." she mumbled, looking to Onyx as if she'd have a clue.

"Would you want to do one at a time, or both at once?" Malka asked.

"Personally, ah could go either way." Pyrite said, "Ah wouldn't mind bein' interviewed with ya', but we can go on our own if ya' want Onyx."

"Are you joking?" Onyx practically looked borderline offended by the other option given to her by Pyrite. How could she possibly choose to be interviewed on her own? Especially since they'll technically be taking the same job anyways. "I'll just take the interview with you! That way we'll be.. Uh.. What do you call those.. creatures with wings? I swear I keep forgetting their-- Ah, forget it! We'll be knocking two in a row down with a single rock!" She smiled, swinging her arm across her body enthusiastically. She clearly wanted to get this done with Pyrite in a jiffy-- the quickly it's done, the more likely they are to rack up money for themselves, after all.

"... Birds." Pyrite said, deadpan, "What yer referrin' t' there is birds." She didn't know what she was thinking either-- she wanted to give Onyx the choice, but she was yet again reminded that Onyx was nearly as familiar with Earth culture as she was... How could she think that Onyx would even be remotely able to navigate a single interview by herself? Malka here would be using so many unfamiliar terms that she'd be bound to be lost in the conversation, "Well, y' heard her!" Pyrite said, "We'll go both at once! Whenever yer' ready."

Malka paused, looking over both of them again, as if she was in some disbelief as to what she was really seeing. Her smile was unfaltering, but her eyes told a bit of a different story, furrowing in some worry. She shook her head, mumbling to herself about 'keeping an open mind' and gestured to a door behind the counter, "Then I'll meet you in the back room, and we can do the interview there."

Pyrite nodded, following her lead and opening the door, which thankfully wasn't one of those confusing push or pull contraptions. This thing actually had a door-knob. It led into what seemed to be a storage room, with several boxes scattered and stacked around it.

Malka quickly followed, carrying a clipboard, "Ah, I'm sorry about the... inconvenient place for an interview. This is a small store, and this is really the only other place we could hold an interview."

Pyrite shrugged, "T'ain't no problem t' me."

"Hold on-- I'll get us some chairs." Malka managed to find three chairs, setting two next to each other, and one in front of them that she sat in. It was clear that the two chairs were meant for them to sit in, which Pyrite did promptly.

"We'll begin the interview as soon as you two are ready." Malka said, smiling at them, "If you're not, I understand-- there is a water-cooler here if you need something to drink."

"Nah, but thank ya' kindly fer th' offer. I'd say ah'm as ready as ever." Pyrite said, crossing her arms and smirking. This'd be a piece of cake, given her knowledge of humans. Even if Onyx was... lacking in that sort'a knowledge, Pyrite could fill in the gaps, she was more than sure.

"Yeah, those!" Onyx smiled and after the negotiation she would follow right beside Pyrite, excited to begin the interview that would earn them a job (or second job, in her own case) to help them 'get value', as she put it. She may not be as familiar with Earth's terms and customs as she was, but then again, she wasn't her partner for nothing! Once they actually made it into the room, Onyx was rather enraptured by the number of boxes strewn about the place. As she snuck by the other two to try and find a seat onto one column of stacked boxes, it was until Malka spoke up about offering them seats to sit in that she was mistaken, once again.

"..Oh. Right! One sec!" She called, hopping off of the column she was climbing (which promptly fell apart box by box onto the floor behind her) and scurrying over to the seat beside Pyrite. She really needed to just stick with Pyrite and stop wandering off; at this rate she was going to make her look worse than she already has.

"Y-yeah, what she said! We don't need water where we're going!" She grinned awkwardly, adjusting her lenses before giving Malka a thumbs-up. "Behind the counter by the end of this interview, that is!"

Pyrite actually grinned at Onyx's optimism and confidence-- she was thinking in the right direction, at least.

"I appreciate your optimism!" Malka said, holding back a chuckle-- she found the remark endearing, but didn't want to seem as if she were mocking either of them, "That being said, we'll begin... now!" she cleared her throat, grabbing her pen, "Okay, first question: Have either of you had any previous experience?"

"So'f course ah have!" Pyrite quickly responded, "Now, most of my jobs involved carryin' stuff other's just break their backs carryin', or guardin' some trains fulla' money-- really, those things mighta' well have big ol' bulls-eyes painted on them."

"... I guess train robberies are still a concern now." Malka said.

"There was also th' time ah went bounty-huntin' fer a awhile-- tell me, Malka, have ya' ever rode a horse several hours ata' time in the blazin' sun?" Pyrite said, leaning forward.

"... No? I can't really say I have..." She said.

"Well, ah certainly have-- Ya' can be darn tootin' sure that all of ya' products gonna be safe s'long as ah'm here." Pyrite leaned back, crossing her arms. She'd made an impression on Malka that she was someone to be relied on, she was sure.

Onyx put a finger to her chin, thinking about the question. Experiences, experiences.. Well, she certainly can't talk about her experience with entering Earth and meeting Pyrite; that was strictly between them. Should any human get ideas of gems like her and what they're doing here, she'd surely get an earful. If she wanted to get this job, she'd have to be incredibly general in her answer.

"Well, I'm really good at item management and arrangements of goods-- stuff like that. I'll let you know many of which item is needed, or how many of which need to be thrown away.. Y'know, everything you'd expect!" Onyx smiled, starting off strong. "Not only that, but I can stack them, put them in order-- in rows or columns-- and count them to see if we have too much in stock!"

She clasped both hands, looking just a hint proud as her eyes stared straight at Malka's. "I assume we have a depository unit where--" She stopped herself suddenly. Gah, wrong term again! "Er.. I mean, um.. A storage.. where we can put all of the excess items in case they're needed for another time." Her proud smile went wry for a moment at her vocabulary blunder, yet she tried to continue, hoping she wouldn't think too hard on it. "I, uh.. I'm also good at numbers! Look-- 12 times 12 iiiiiis.. 24!" She didn't seem to realize that she was counting her fingers both internally and physically, seeing as how she would roll up her fingers without looking at them.

..And then when she brought her hand up to look at her hands, she gasped and realized she was mistaken. "Ah, wrong operation! Um.. a hundred fourty four..? Eheh.." She laughed nervously, looking back up at Malka. "..Okay, I might be bound to make a few mistakes here and there, but I can do it, trust me!"

... 'Depository unit'? Malka raised an eye at that, until Onyx quickly corrected it as storage. Despite the... unique way Onyx seemed to describe things, she did show many of her skills-- a lot of them would be useful to have around the shop. ... Her math ability, well... she did get it right eventually! And she was right, Malka thought, everyone does make mistakes, so surely that might be from the pressure of the interview... not everyone is good at taking interviews. As for Pyrite... She did show great endurance. It seemed like, maybe with Pyrite, they weren't going to get robbed easily. ... Granted, she'd never experienced a robbery while she was working there, but... you never know!

"Okay, next question..." Malka said, giving a hopeful smile, "If you were to face someone who's being a... let's say disruptive customer-- they're very upset, and the whole transaction hasn't been going very well. How would you deal with the situation?"

"Throw 'um out." Pyrite said simply, arms crossed.

"... Immediately?"

"Yep." Pyrite nodded, "Hey, it's how they dealt with 'um at saloons- you have a lil too much, and if you're not th' type to be a 'happy drunk'... then you're gettin' picked up by the back of yer shirt, and a good kick t' the hiney. Out ya' go!" Noticing the look Malka was giving her, Pyrite continued, "Ya' didn't specify what kind'of customer you said we were dealin' with here. Might be a real big pusher-- the type t' have some real big guns... muscles. You really want that type upset in your shop? I'll show 'um where the door is, whether they wanna know where it is or not!"

Onyx had once again waited for her turn after Pyrite was finished answering the very next question Malka asked, and was.. more or less intrigued by the answer she gave. Either she hit her head one too many times, or Onyx really was ahead of her time. Well, in a grounded sense, compared to Pyrite, who was.. possibly old-fashioned. From what she could guess, her answers were based around her experiences from a time way before now, and for the most part it still worked. Though.. it did make her come off as strange. With that said, she wasn't much better, lapsing into the much more sesquipedalian lexicon that she used frequently used back in Homeworld.

"Well.. I would try and assess the situation. Like, you know, ask what seems to be the problem and what I can do to solve it. Of course, if they're just being.. well, uncooperative.." Onyx frowns, then sighs, as if saddened that she had to reach this conclusion. "..I'd ask them to leave. I'd be willing to speak with them, but there's no reason to start a scene if I can't reason with them, you know?"

Malka nodded at what Onyx said-- she made a mental note that Onyx seemed to be good with interacting with others... She might not do it in the most conventional way, as shown by her particular way of explaining things, but that didn't mean it was 'bad'. Perhaps it was even better-- finding solutions to problems that she or Arsen would have trouble with because of her outside experience. For Pyrite... well... Malka lightly tapped her pen. ... Alena always did say to 'not take anything from anyone' (not exactly worded the way she would have said it, missing an expletive), and Pyrite was following this philosophy.

Pyrite was a good 'backup plan'-- pushing out rowdier customers that might not want to go out... robberies were scarce, but as uncommon as troublesome customers were, they still happened. ... Arsen could attest to having to use some force on the occasional stubborn one that wouldn't go out even when they ultimately had to go out of the store. He wasn't one for working with others, but... surely, he'd come to appreciate the extra help.

"Alright, last question-- I know this might seem like a rather short interview... but I think that I've gotten a really good grasp on how both of you are during the few questions we have had." Malka said, before continuing, "Do either of you have any questions? Or concerns?"

"... Hm." Pyrite paused, putting a hand to her chin, "... Yeah. Ah guess ah got one." Pyrite said, clearing her throat, "Ya'know of any ghost stories? Like... ah dunno... maybe some rumors of certain-ghostly figures wanderin' about this here town?"

Malka blinked. Pyrite was full of surprises, wasn't she? "Ah, um... no? I... don't believe I have-- at least not any that... come to mind now." She'd... leave this detail out when she relayed this to Alena, knowing her stance on the supernatural. Ah, well... some were more superstitious than others.

"Mighty thank ya'." Pyrite bumped Onyx's shoulder lightly, leaning over slightly and whispering in what she thought was an inconspicuous way, "Good news, Onyx: ah haven't been here before and faked m' death. Be surprised how many times ah've stumbled somewhere and forgotten ah've done that. Lost count."

Last edited: