Dark Whisper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silencer were seated within what appeared to be a library, yet there were no one else present there. All the illumination came from candles, as well as the massive computer screen that was before him upon the wall. Since he encountered the unfamiliar vigilante and Eliza, he had considered to look into both of them more. There was not a lot to find about Eliza, other than a birth certificate and student documents, but the Harbinger of Nightmares came up frequently in regards to different information. It bothered him little. Yet another wanna-be vigilante. He had been taught a lot about vigilante justice and those who had decided to take up such mantles to become one. Batman was the most renowned vigilante in all of Gotham, that much was certain, and there were a few others in the Batman Family, as it were considered. This Harbinger of Nightmares were not even remotely on the save level as he could judge it. Once he had stopped the search about the vigilante, that is, once he had learned all there was to learn, he searched the name Alexander Travonski, and soon learned all there were to know about the billionaire playboy as well. This is too easy.

With Eliza mentioned a third party Harbinger moved into the computer room of the house. He had it rigged with lots of security cameras in case of theft or worse. Upon reviewing the footage from the previous night he did come upon a figure standing in the room after he left.
"How the hell?" That meant that they were able to sneak past him, and other security precautions. He had to admit he was impressed with their skill but he didn't like was that they entered his home and broke a boundary of privacy. He froze the camera and zoomed in on what he assumed was the figure and scanned it through police, and federal data banks. A name came across his screen that even made him shiver.
"Silencer, why are you in Gotham?" He wondered as he leaned back in the chair. If Silencer was in Gotham that meant someone had a pretty big reward on their head he didn't work cheap and according to records he was perfect at his job. Harbinger found himself admiring the assassin in many ways. He almost felt sorry for Silencer's target.

Elize sat on the mattress while she looked down at her feet and she let out a heavy sigh, her mind was running miles a minute.
Once it began to rain, she put on a hoodie and went outside. She walked towards the park while she had her hood up and her hands in her pockets. She sat down on the back of one bench with her feet on the seat and she looked around in a thoughtful manner while the rain poured down on her.

Silencer had been spending some time considering the three that he read about. Harbinger of Nightmares. Alexander Travonski. Elize Briarson.
From that point on his mind had begun to plan and set the stage for a game, and he had planned to control all the pieces on the board.
It meant to first look more into Elize Briarson. It was for that reason that he had tracked her down and followed her to the park.
It was for that reason he had taken to the guise of Benjamin Crawford. He walked through the park in the rain, but at a distance from Elize.
Clad in for the most part in dark clothes, a black trench coat over his form, Benjamin easily were able to remain in the shadows as he followed her.
As she sat down on the bench, Benjamin stepped closer. ''It must be cold to be out here in the rain.'' He said to her as he walked closer.
His voice was composed, with a rugged tone to it, not the same harsh and strict tone he had as Silencer.

Elize snapped out of her thoughts as she heard footsteps and she quickly turned her head towards a man that approached her. She looked down at her feet a he spoke and she shrugged slightly. "I'm used to it. Besides, the rain has a nice cleansing feeling to it." She said while she hugged herself, truth was that she was freezing because of the ice cold rain.

It was not like he did not notice, but quite the opposite. Without a word, Benjamin slipped off his coat and went to place it around her, to warm her on an otherwise rainy, cold night. "You'll catch a cold like this." He spoke softly.

Elize blinked in surprise when he placed his coat around her and she looked at him before she looked down at her feet and she smiled sadly. "It's not like anyone would notice, or even care... My parents are gone and I don't have any friends." She stammered while her body trembled as she was already quite cold from the rain. "What about you...? Now you will catch one." She said as she looked up at the man.

''Let us just say that I am... resistant.'' He stated. He decided to leave it at that, there was no need in telling her about the reasons he were this resistant. It was otherwise better to leave it mysterious. ''Besides, I noticed, did I not?''

"I-I suppose." She said as she looked at him and then down at the ground, so many thoughts were running through her head. First she had been shot, then she woke up in Alexanders house, she had learned that he was the Harbringer of nightmares and now this man had showed up and displayed such kindness. Two men had been kind to her, something she never would've expected to happen to her.
She blinked as she snapped out of her thoughts and she looked up at the man. "E-Elize." She stammered, her shoulder was still aching and even though she was wearing his coat, she was freezing. She had after all been sitting there for a good while.

''Elize. I am Benjamin.'' He replied and even inclined his head lightly. He looked her over for a moment. ''You are still cold, are you not? How about we find some place to sit down, and I'll buy you something warm to drink.'' He stated before he showed her a gentle, albeit slight smile. It was simple to tell that Benjamin did not smile often, which generally was true, but in the guise of Benjamin that simply appeared like he was someone with a past. Which, yet again, was true.

She nodded once at Benjamin as he introduced himself and then when he offered her to come with him to find something warm to drink. "There's a good coffee shop just down the street." She stuttered and she then looked down at the ground, she felt a bit bad over having just left Alexander and she then picked up her cellphone and she searched for his number through various service lines and once she found it, she sent him a text; "I'll be at the Maesteros Coffee Shop down at third street with someone, you can come join us if you'd like." She wrote and then sent it to Alexander.
Truth was that she also wanted to feel more safe, since she knew that Alexander was the Harbringer of Nightmares and he had told her that he wanted her no harm. Plus he did after all save her life, so she felt as if she could trust him at least a little bit. But Benjamin? There was something about his smile that sent her off the edge, since she noticed that he's the type of person that doesn't smile often and she didn't know if he actually was kind or if he just acted so, for all she knew, he could be one of the Jokers.

He tossed her a glance for a moment, and his eyes easily detected what she wrote. Alexander. It could only be a single Alexander at such a sudden moment, and he had observed it all. He was not there at the time, no, but he was not a fool. A carefully placed surveillance system within Alexander's house and he had learned all there were in his and Elize's conversation. Good. While Alexander was simple to figure out, Benjamin had mastered hundreds of guises. He would not be discovered. ''Shall we?'' He eventually inquired.

Elize stuffed her cellphone in her pocket and she showed Benjamin a small nod as she was writing another text; "please come." It read and she sent that one to Alexander as well. Once they arrived at the coffe shop, she took a seat by one of the empty booths. It was nothing fancy, just two sofas on each side of a table. Elize looked outside in a thoughtful manner while she rested her cheek against the back of her knuckle and her elbow rested on the table.

Alexander received the texts. He instantly walked out of the garage and he got into a sports car and started driving. He didn't care why or how he just had to get there and make sure she was okay but why her? Why was he paying so much attention to this one civilian? He didn't know but he was on his way to make sure she was okay. harbinger made sure to arrive quickly and as he stepped out of the car he headed into the coffee shop and smiled at her but he didn't know who the guy with her was.
"Hello there fancy meeting you here." He smiled at her and then pulled up a chair. "Don't mind if I pull up a seat do you?"

Elize showed a slightly relieved smile, she really didn't think that he'd show up and she breathed out a soft sigh in relief. "Hey, not at all, just take a seat." She said with a small nod and she brushed some hair from her face, she was still soaked from the rain and her body still trembled a bit from the cold water, even if she was wearing Benjamin's coat. "Oh, Alexander. This guy here is Benjamin. Benjamin, this is Alexander." She said with a small nod as she introduced the two of them to one another.
She put her hands over her mouth as she sneezed and she then looked down at the table.

"It is nice to meet you." He extended his hand with a slight smile then responded to Elize. "Bless you."

He extended his hand in return and shook Alexander's hand. He looked to Elize then as she sneezed and gave her a slight smile. ''I did tell you that you would catch a cold.'' He stated. He let go of Alexander's hand before he sat down at the table. He soon waved over a waitress for the three to order what they would like. ''Since I asked you here I will pay for you, Elize. What would you like? Coffee, cocoa?''

"Thank you." She said to Alexander while smiling briefly. "I'll take some mint tea." Elize said with a small nod and the waitress nodded once before she wrote it down. Elize looked outside and her eyes narrowed when she saw some jokers and she clenched her fists, even if she wanted, she was unable to deal with them due to her injured shoulder.

"I'll just take a nice cup of coffee black thank you." He smiled at the waitress and then looked at Elize. "I simply couldn't resist the coffee." his gaze did turn to the jokers as well but he hoped that they wouldn't bother if they did things would have to go bad. He wasn't exactly sure how well it would look if Alexander shot some of them but if he did he'd have to make it look sloppy.

''I'll have some lemon tea. Two teaspoons of sugar, a drop of milk.'' He stated to the waitress before she went on her way. He, too, noticed the Jokers but made less of an interest in them than the rest. He was not too concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.