Dark Whisper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elize quickly turned around when she heard a voice behind herself and she raised an eyebrow as she looked at the man. She muttered a swear beneath her breath before she coughed once. "Elize Briarson." She said and she then tilted her head. "I met you yesterday...?" She asked with a puzzles expression.

"Oh you don't know but we have met. I saved you last night. I was just curious uh why a young girl was down at the docks last night?" He continued his smile and moved in front of her. "Oh and what would you like for breakfast if you don't mind me asking?"

"I uhm... I was lost..." She said in a bad attempt to lie and she brushed some hair from her face as she looked at the man when he stood in front of her and she then quickly raised her hands slightly while she shook her head. "Oh! No no! Breakfast is really not necessary. There's really no need for that. I don't wish to be of anymore trouble to you." She said while she let out a slightly nervous laughter. "It's weird though... I could've sworn I saw someone in the room earlier..." She thought to herself but then dismissed the thought as simply just a hallucination. She looked at the man in a thoughtful manner as she tried to figure out from where she could've possibly have met him before, but to no avail.

He chuckled slightly and looked into her eyes. "Miss I don't know about you but people in Gotham don't get lost at the old Falcone docks wearing mask. So please I insist what do you want? You've caused no trouble of me dear." He smiled and walked down a set of stairs. "So please what would you like?" Alexander was severely different from Harbinger but with no doubt he was the mask. He smirked again. "Come on I pulled out some things last night for you."

She froze in the spot when she realized who he was and she looked at him while she swallowed once. "You're him... The one with the mask... You killed... You killed that man down at the Jokers meeting place..." She stuttered and backed away a few steps, if he had done that to a man that looked fairly muscular, what would he possibly do to her after everything she saw? She now felt frightened as she didn't know if she could trust him or not.

"Oh you saw that? I'm sorry you had to see that." He frowned and his tone switched over to a cold one as Harbinger came out to talk to her.
"I mean you no harm. Believe it or not I am not one of the bad guys. I have a code of morals and the first rule is civilians first. The second rules is no mercy to bad guys. Batman had his chance and even he couldn't save the city. I mean look at what has happened to Gotham. Gangs run the streets killing all they please not to mention flooding them with drugs. I am doing what must be done these men should feel terror as they have inflicted to the innocent. I am sorry if I scared you I don't want to hurt you if I wanted that I would've left you at the docks." He gave her a slight stare but then let Alexander back who smiled and headed down to the kitchen.

She looked at Alexander in silence as he spoke with a cold tone and she swallowed once as she looked at him, she then blinked in surprise when he suddenly smiled at her and she followed him into the kitchen. She flinched however as she saw the time and she gritted her teeth. "Son of a-! Not again! I'm going to be late yet again... ugh!" She muttered and she turned around to rush out but her eyes widened as she felt a surge of pain rushing through her shoulder and down her spine, she had moved too fast with the still mending bullet wound in her shoulder. She staggered and she hit the wall with her side as she almost fully collapsed from the pain.

"don't move to fast dear. I think your job will understand please come eat." He was insisting on it. in her condition she was in way able to move on her own. He could barely believe she managed to move out of the bed. He pulled out some cooking utensils and looked at her. "So I'm going ask again young ma'am what would you like for breakfast?"

Elize looked over her shoulder at Alexander and she then walked over to the table to sit down. "I eat anything, really. So I guess I'll have what you're having." She said and she ruffled her hair slightly with her left hand. She looked down at the table for a while in silence before she spoke. "Elize." She said.

"Elize? Is that your name?" He cracked open a few eggs and began to cook. "Well then lots of protein. So tell me why does a 16 year old run around Gotham in a costume?"

"Yeah, it is." Elize said with a small nod and she then looked out the window while she frowned. "That's personal." She said and she brushed some hair from her face. She didn't want to tell a complete stranger about what she was doing since even if he said she could trust him, she couldn't be too sure just yet. She glanced down at the back of her right hand and she then looked down at the table as she went quiet.

"I'm Alexander, it is nice to be acquainted." He pulled toast out of the toaster and put it on a plate. "Butter, jelly?"

She nodded once towards Alexander as he introduced himself and she then looked around. "Just some butter will do." She said and she then narrowed her eyes a bit. "Say... you wouldn't happen to know the other man that was at the docks yesterday, would you...?" She asked as she looked at Alexander, she was referring to Silencer, she of course didn't know that Alexander and Silencer were strangers to one another.

"There was someone else?" He raised an eyebrow as he buttered the toast then placed it on the table. He stopped and thought about that. If there was a third person and they managed to slip away that had to mean advanced training of some degree. He couldn't make a identity with the lack of evidence but it was a start. "Strange I thought it was only you. And by the way before I forget. Just wanted to make sure this was right. You got lost in the Falcone docks, at night, and just so happened to get shoot while wearing a mask?"

"There was, he also saved me two nights ago." She said and she picked up one of the toasts. "Ah-huh, that's correct." She said with a nod as she then began to eat the toast. "Those guards don't really care for what or who you are, as long as they get to shoot." She said as she looked at Alexander.

"No those guards shoot vigilantes, they hurt civilians, and they do worse things to 16 year old girls. Now please stop trying to lie why where you there and why the mask?" He was serious but it seemed strange as he continued to cook the eggs and then some more toast.

Elize frowned and looked away as her lie didn't hold up and she clenched her hands. She remained silent for a while before she pushed herself up to her feet. "I need to go, I have places to be and things to do." She said and it was clear that she wasn't going to give up any information of her own will. She started to walk towards the door.

"You are free to leave but understand Elize that your secret won't remain that way for long." He continued cooking not even turning to look at her as she left.

She stopped for a second as she heard his words and she frowned. "If you tell my secret, I will tell yours." She said before she walked out. She walked home, well, as much of a home that a rundown building could be. It looked as if the building could collapse at any moment, yet Elize had managed to arrange the broken pillars so at least she would b safe where her mattress was which was her bed. She thought long and hard about what had happened and her eyes narrowed as she looked at the sofa that was close to the mattress and another sigh escaped her lips.

He sat down at the table once all the food was done and began to eat. Alexander thought about Eliza and how she lived if she was a rising vigilante she needed training and there wasn't any one in the city better then him. He shook his head with doubt even if he offered she wouldn't say yes. To her he was a monster like all the other scum and perhaps she was right. Perhaps his murders made him no better no matter what justification. He sighed as a single tear ran down his face.
"I'm not a bad guy." He murmured to himself trying to justify his own means.

Status
Not open for further replies.