Dark Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Aye," was offered in response to her question and as she spoke of where she had heard it he smirked a bit, offering a quiet laugh, "You should have told your teacher to learn a few more songs," words offered jokingly. Then he slipped back into silence once more, shifting so that he could rest the back of his head against the palms of his hands.

When Aerith broke the silence, once more, Rurik failed to answer immediately. However, he finally exhaled a quiet sigh, "Sleep is being rather elusive this evening," he couldn't pin point why. It surely wasn't the thought of an upcoming battle. He'd slept rather peacefully in the past when such things loomed on the horizon, "If I try to force sleep upon myself I will be fairly useless come tomorrow. So I shall linger away until sleep takes me on its own, or, well, I will simply stay awake."

"Very well then,don't sleep. don't blame me if you have more than one scars tomorrow." Aerith said teasingly. She knew she shouldn't say it herself. Sleep was Elusive for her also.
She thought hard for a moment before smiling.
"Actually,there was another song. he sang it when the nights we're unsure. do you want to hear it?" Aerith offered,a half of her wondering why should she.

Rurik allowed himself a half-smirk upon hearing her words, "I will be sure to blame myself then. You just be ready to patch me up really good if the need arises," though he had no plans on taking injury. Granted he was pretty sure no one had plans of being hurt. If it was going to happen, it would happen. Wyrd bith ful araed.

Another smile graced his hawk-like features when Aerith spoke again, "If you would like to share, then I am all ears," he wasn't about to turn down the chance to hear another song. She had a pretty voice, after all, even if she didn't agree. So he fell silent once more, shifting himself into a more comfortable position on the deck. He allowed his eyes to slide open once more, shifting his gaze towards the night sky.

Aerith smiled,tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day,
To find our long forgotten gold.

Memories found themselves rushing to Aerith.
A Dark room,an old fashioned chair,and a hand writting on a piece of parchement.
There were only the words:DI TE AMENT written on it.

The pines were roaring on the height,
The winds were moaning in the night.
The fire was red, it flaming spread;
The trees like torches blazed with light.

A Fire Broke out,screams echoed in every part of a burning Mansion,A young Aerith stood in front of it,Her eyes dull and unfazed...

The wind was on the withered heath,
But in the forest stirred no leaf:
There shadows lay be night or day,
And dark things silent crept beneath.

Six Year old Aerith on unfamiliar streets,running away from robbers who want to steal her necklace. Meeting her Teacher,and teaching her the ways of Medicine.

The wind went on from West to East;
All movement in the forest ceased,
But shrill and harsh across the marsh
Its whistling voices were released.

Meeting Tallissa and the rest of The Fireball's crew.

Farewell we call to hearth and hall!
Though wind may blow and rain may fall,
We must await ere break of day
Far over wood and mountain tall."

Aertih laughing with the crew,as they sang and drank the whole night.

Aerith half whispered the last note, Aerith felt something wet below her eyes. was she crying? she hoped not. It would be embarrassing.

She hoped that Rurik wont know that she was crying. it would be really embarrassing.
Aerith waited for Rurik to comment,and orobably hoped that none of the nearby ships sunked.

As she began to sing, Rurik closed his eyes close again. He lost himself in the sound of her voice and the words of the song letting both carry him to past memories. His mother and father had constantly belittled him because he did nothing to move in the circles of nobility. Then one night he had finally had enough and given them a piece of his mind. It had left him without a family or a home to call his own. It should have been a sad memory, but it stirred little emotion in him. It had given him thicker skin in the long run.

Then came the memory of the mutiny on the first ship he'd been forced to serve on in the Royal Navy. It had been a bloody night. While he hadn't pesonally killed the captain of that ship. He had, however, killed the first mate, running the man through after a brief struggle. In the end he didn't regret that night. No man deserved to be treated like an animal, by anyone.

Next came the incident in which he had ended up killing a man he called friend. Why couldn't Flynn have remained level headed that evening? Damnit all to hell... All Rurik had done was flirt with a pretty little barmaid. One he hadn't even known Flynn had set his eyes on. Flynn had come at him like a beast out of hell, filled with alcohol fueled fury. Rurik had damned near been killed in that initial, unexpected rush. In the end Rurik had left a knife shoved through Flynn's throat. That was a day that he truly regretted, but there had been no reasoning with his friend...

When Aerith's singing trailed off in a whispered, final note, Rurik opened his eyes. She was fortunate, though, as he did not notice crying. Silence, however, did linger as he shook himself out of that last memory. Finally he exahaled a quiet sigh, "It is a good song," proclaiming his opinion, "And you sung it beautifully," he was fairly sure she hadn't managed to sink any ships.

And a great distance away, the pirate's next target sailed onward, plowing through the deceptively-dangerous waves of the open sea, her captain knowing that the ship might not make it.

So Renolds, the captain of the New World Runner, as the ones that cross through pirate seas are called, was already planning. He had many supplies, and the main of them being weapons and munitions. The revolutionaries in the New World wanted weapons, and so they will have them. For a good price, of course, even if it's a bit high, though they won't know the difference.

Captain Renolds, holding the loyalty of one of the best merchant ship crews that Runs through the Pirates' Waters, had defenses in place to keep any... unwanted visitors. All the windows were covered, and the ship was a steel grey, with blue-green mix where water meets wood. The ship would be well hidden in the night, almost impossible to see. And if anyone attacked during the day, they may very well sign their death warrant.

He hoped it would work that well. He didn't expect it to, but most of his plans worked better than planned, and he expected every single one of them to fail. He didn't dwell on it, though. He just kept moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.