Dark Super Hero RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scuttle

Original poster
It was supposed to be the party of the year.

Instead, it became our last night as normal teenagers...

Welcome to the (as-of-right-now) unnamed Super Hero Roleplay. If you know me, awesome! You get to post your profile. If you don't, please don't ask to join! I'm sorry but this is a private group roleplay that has already been discussed outside this site so please do not ask for an invitation. You will not be invited and I want to save you the time and effort of discussing the matter with me.

Anyway, for the rest of you losers that I love so much, here are a couple of ground rules.

1. Please post at least once a week. If you cannot, please inform me as soon as possible. If worse comes to worse and we do not hear from you, we WILL move your character.
  2. Please write at least two or more paragraphs.
  3. Please write coherently and as if you are writing a real story that will be read by other people, not whatever word vomit spews from your mind (I'm looking at you Mitch). It doesn't have to be publish-ready but it cannot be littered with run-on sentences, grammar mistakes, and spelling errors.
  4. Please be open about the movement of your character. In order to speed things along, your character might have to be moved for the sake of the roleplay. That does NOT mean when another person moves your character, they can speak or think for your character unless there is an agreement with the two of you. This rule can be modified through discussions because honestly, I don't know how you guys wanna play this out.
  5. HAVE FUN!!!!!

Profile Skeleton

Name:

(color-coded to your choice of color and should act more like a title. Superhero Alias should be in quotation marks in between first and last name)
[Picture goes here; anime/drawn please]

Nationality:

Personality Traits:
(three each)
The Good:
The Bad:
The Neutral:

Short Bio:

Power:

(Quick rule about powers: You may only have ONE super power. That means if super strength, they are only super strong. Not super durable, not super fast, just super strong. If you have questions about a power, ask Aaron or me.)

Other:
(You can put weird habits, quirks, or anything else that doesn't fit with anywhere else)

---

The Heroes
Alice Beckett (Scuttle)
Mao Rom-Chang (wolfebat)
Germain Lafayette III (Taco Mako)
Rebecca Maxis (Dr. Bacon)
Sigourney "Sig" Blum (BolinBurrito)​

Alright my peeps, here is the character skeleton you need to use to make your profile. Once I've looked over it, I'll approve it and put it on the list of Accepted Characters (cuz apparently there's a tab for that).

Name:

Super Hero Alias:

Nationality:

Appearance: (Use a picture please, preferably a drawn or anime picture. If you need help looking for one, ask me or Aaron)

Personality Traits:

Short Bio:

Power: (Quick rule about powers: You may only have ONE super power. That means if super strength, they are only super strong. Not super durable, not super fast, just super strong. If you have questions about a power, ask Aaron or me.)

Other: (You can put weird habits, quirks, or anything else that doesn't fit with anywhere else)​

---

There it is. If you have any questions about it, just let me know. Also, to make things fun (and easy for us to write/read dialogue in the future) color code the bold parts!! Pick one color and that is the color of your super hero from here on out (I call pink btw and will fight anyone who takes it before I post my Cannonball girl).

Last edited by a moderator:
yo bib, should probably add guidelines for character creation in case "your peeps" don't remember

Sorry guys, a few edits to the profile and way we're making them. Nothing too major, just for appearance sake. Use my character sheet as your model:​

Alice "Cannonball" Beckett
13c42f094577713194670edfb6ba9ee7f27956de.jpg

Nationality:
Caucasian- British

Personality Traits:
The Good: Idealistic, Hardworking, & Charismatic
The Bad: Argumentative, Demanding, & Irritable
The Neutral: Strict, Stubborn, & Outspoken

Short Bio:
The only daughter of a police captain and his wife, Alice was raised in a middle-class home in the quiet suburbs of North City. As a child, her mother constantly told her stories of brave knights and beautiful princesses while her father instilled a strong sense of justice in her. The combination of parenting styles helped develop Alice's strong-willed character which urged her to fight against the injustices of bullying. This lead to a few fist fights but as she grew older, she realized the best way to fight against bullies and other negative impacts in her school was to become a role model. Once she entered high school, she immediately joined the Student Council. Through charismatic campaigning, great grades, and a set position in the 'In Crowd', Alice easily became the next Student Council President. She is now organizing the greatest End-of-the-Year party for the leaving seniors and upcoming juniors so as to ensure her place in North City High School history.

High School Clique: Prep/Student Council

Power:
Super Durability; Alice can withstand high levels of damage, from gunshot wounds to blunt force trauma. However, she is still susceptible to poison, sickness, and extreme levels of temperature.

Other:
-Her original superhero name was going to be Bannerette, but everyone kept calling her Cannonball and it stuck.
-Alice stands at 5'0" and hates it when people point out her short stature.
-Has a huge sweet tooth.

Name: Germaine
Interest: Alice
Power: wooing Alice
Weaknesses: Alice
Bio:
tumblr_m877szQ3Wj1rwq9q8o2_r1_500.gif

• Love
Reactions: Tofu__WU
I hate you Aaron.

Also, I added the High School Clique section after discussing that it would help to figure out relations with other characters. Did they know each other before the incident? How will their previous relations work out now that they're now tied together by a common, morbid thread? Etc.

Name:

Mao "Ink" Rom-Chang

liVK4ri.png

Nationality:
Cambodian

Personality Traits:
The Good: diligent, charming, creative
The Bad: escapist, introverted , avoidant
The Neutral: multi-leveled , restrained , placid

Short Bio:

Mao was one of the newer students after transferring in her sophomore year. Her father is in the military which led to them moving around often, and because of this she has constantly had the ability to start over. On the surface she is a charming and well-liked girl who's very creative and has put that into use by forming he creative writing club ,student council as well as joining the school newspaper to write articles and provide a more worldly insight. Beneath all that Mao grew up mostly alone and dealt with her loneliness by writing stories and creating her own realities. At this new school she started the year with a brand new personality in hopes to become more popular.

High School Clique: Student Council member

Power:
Ink Manipulation
- she has to have a bottle of ink on her to use as a resource for her powers
-Her pen works as a focusing rod ( not actually necessary but gives her something to focus on and gives a sense of control)
- stressful situations tend to make her manipulations weak or unintelligible

Other:
- Usually carries around a fountain pen and inkwell as she favors calligraphy and elegant handwriting, even if it's just to jot down notes.
- She also carries a purse with a moleskine journal as well as her other writing tools.
- She has a favorite pen and likens it as her "sword"
- Fountain pens are pretty useful for stabbing

Germain Lafayette III
asdfghj_by_bluestar41-d9jmdrn.png

Nationality:
American/French

Personality Traits:
The Good:
Quick witted, Passionate, Intelligent
The Bad: Irrational, Rash, Lacks Foresight, Unrepentant Prankster
The Neutral: Funny, Bold, Proactive, Fast-Talker

Short Bio:
The only child of former international performing artists Marcus and Charlotte Lafayette, Germain was raised in the modest home provided by the carefully managed fund resulting from his parents' former fame. He grew up alongside his cousin Walter after his aunt and uncle passed away nine years ago. Germain has maintained a fraternal closeness with his cousin throughout their young lives, even though they've been drawn to different interests in recent years. Walter's religiously practiced skill and natural talent have made him quite the star quarterback, and Germain discovered a great love and talent for break-dancing, much to his mother (classically trained ballerina) and father's (concert pianist) ire. Germain is a little shorter than average and has the light yet powerful build of a dancer. His bold and humorous bearing have earned him a certain degree of popularity at school, though those same traits often land him in hot water with other students and faculty alike. He has a tendency to just do things and make up a plan as he goes along, which doesn't always work out so great in the end.

High School Clique: Dance/Art/Jocks

Power:
Telekinesis: Germain's abilities tax his mental and physical capacities, and can leave him fatigued in both aspects. His abilities require focus and purposeful direction. Scale, magnitude, complexity, multitude, and duration are limiting factors

Other:
-Alice is often involved in Germain's disciplinary actions because of all the trouble he gets into for the pranks he plays on the student council, but he secretly has a crush on her.
-His father would take Walter and him out on trips into the mountains on a regular basis when he was younger, and so Germain has a love for climbing, camping, and being out in nature in general.

Reactions: wolfebat
I have no idea what I am doing!
Rebecca "I Will Get One When I Get One" Maxis

a7c25ef2f8e6d1e44d9c534118a0271b.png

Nationality: American

Personal Traits:
The Good: Creative, Smart, Curious
The Bad: Introvert, Avoids People, Easily Distracted
The Neutral: Tangents, Eccentric at times, Passive

Short Bio:
Rebecca used to live in a small town in the North East. Her mother is a wealthy accountant, and her father works for the Core of Engineers which causes him to spend months away on work. Rebecca lived her life in the secluded area surrounded by trees, but during the transition between Rebecca's 2nd and 3rd year of high school her mother got a job transfer to North City, and so during her summer break she was uprooted and brought far from home.Things were different in the suburb she now called home. For starters her nearest neighbor was no longer at least half a mile away, there were more people compared to when she could go all day without seeing anyone, and she had to be a high school freshman again.
Rebecca didn't like to socialize during school. She only had a few people she would hang out with in the library where she would read or play chess. Then for her last class she would practice with the school's swim team. She was friendly towards everyone, but never spent a lot of effort to see any one outside of school.
Rather than hang out with people she would build and tinker. Taking things apart and creating something new. Rebecca would spend entire weekends in her room sitting at her work bench working on a project. That was unless her father was out of town for work. Then she took the chance to use his work-space in the garage.

High School Clique: Swim Team

Power: Electricity Manipulation
>Absorb, Create, Nullify, and Direct electricity.
>I can also go zap zap.

Other:
> Has a drivers license, but prefers to ride her bike everywhere.
> Builds cool little gadgets in her spare time.
> Sometimes will take things a little too literally.​

Reactions: Taco Mako
Sigourney "Sig" Blum

tumblr_nz7l31YbDt1qgfscco1_250.png

[Just don't look at the Captain Marvel uniform]

Nationality:
Swedish

Personality Traits:
The Good: Hardworking, Diligent, Adaptable, & Down-to-Earth
The Bad: Seems Apathetic, Self-Focused, & Condescending
The Neutral: Snarky, Blunt, & Approachable

Short Bio:
Sig comes from a middle-class family with her twin brother, Gunner, and single father. Her mother died from complications during the birth of a younger brother, Lief, when she was four years old. Since then, her father, Olaf, has taken her under his wing to inherit the lucrative family business of Olaf's Autoshop. She's extremely diligent about her work at the shop and treats it as her main responsibility. Gunner is completely uninterested in the family business and plans on becoming an actor. Though almost completely different, the twins are practically inseparable and both are well-known at school for being unapologetic for their quirks and their ability to be friends with almost anyone. Sig runs track at school, but is known to skip practice if it interferes with her work schedule.

High School Clique: Prep/Jocks/Art/Drama

Power:
Super Speed; Sig can move much faster than the average member of the human species, near or at the speed of sound, or even faster. However, this power is not without any ill effects, as it can strain the body. Sig isn't very strong, can be killed easily if she is not controlling her vibrations to pass through bullets or other weapons. She can tire and needs to eat a lot due to her extreme metabolism.

Other:
-Alias: Accelerator
-Dresses androgynously; Sig is gray-asexual and her twin Gunner is gay.
-5'11", with short blond hair and grey eyes. Is fit from track and has some extra muscle from working at her father's auto shop.
-She also has a weakness for small cute things. That's a secret though, only her brother knows.
-Her love for cars, dedication to knowing how they work, and her fast reflexes have made her into an incredible driver

So I finally updated the Cast List and now it has everyone who has made a post (except Tofu of course). I'll have the extremely large intro post up by the end of this week.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Tofu__WU
Name: Keith Thzalia Porter
Pronunciation: k EE th, THa Lia, Poor Ter

25a760755d92349c213d5372fbbd3dd8.jpg

APPEARANCE: 6'6 145 lb, Mildly Gaunt especially in the face with his high cheekbones, his hair is messy and unkempt combed together without much thought or effort put in, what muscle to be had is in a weak swimmer/track build. his inability to grow facial hair keeps him clean-shaven and baby-faced.

Nationality:
Caucasian- British

Personality Traits:
The Good: Brilliant, Knowledgeable, Rational, Fortuitous
The Bad: Capricious, Callow, Alarmist, Curious
The Neutral: Know-it-all, Blunt, Restrained, Lucky

Short Bio:
As the mathlete president, Keith is so smart he has been moved forward 3 grade levels (should be a freshman, but is graduating), awkward as hell otherwise, he doesn't understand people. He has the mild racism that comes with being Sheltered, and does not read and understand social ques well.
To all of the other people at school he seem's as interesting as cardboard, but you can definitely trust any answers you read off his test, or any advise he gives you on homework. Nobody invites him to hang out, and Nobody from school even knows where he lives, or what his parents even look like. The closest to a friend group Keith has is the group of kids who play chess in the library during lunch and before school. Outside of the chess players are the few Mathletes that ask him to come help them study in the library before competitions, and the couple Jocks that have learned to sit next to him when he does his homework and take it when he's done. Keith has always realized most people are friendly to him for a boost to their GPA.

Nobody really knows much about Keith outside of school due to his focus on work and lack of talking, plus since he keep's moving forward grade levels any friends that are made are left behind. The only people in school that really know anything about him are the other Mathletes. He has an engineer's mindset. His father is a "risk assessor" for oil companies and is constantly away on business for month's on end, as is traditional throughout Keith's life, his mother ,being a stock trader, stays home and manipulates the stock market with masterful prowess, leading his father not to need to work, however he does so anyway. Keith is an only child of his rich parents and has the entire third floor of the house to himself, where he hides away every evening to study his books and occasionally mess about on the internet.

High School Clique:
laugh.gif~c200

SUPER POWER: Emotion Aura
It's the same power as green lantern except Will_aura is a sub-power. Therefore the color of light emitted by Keith will change depending on what emotion he is feeling the strongest, It will mostly be blue as hope is the strongest motivator. He will also be described as Lucky (mostly in his timing.).

Limitations set as of now:
Power points:
I'm going to limit the size and complexity by over time making a list of how many points things should reasonably cost. A dagger being so low it doesn't even register and a military helicopter being like 500.

Other:

WEAKNESSES: Extreme awkwardness (especially girls), DEADLY Curious, Sheltered and Nieve.
WEAPONS(S): Physic's and his Power

Cannot drive a car, but could explain the functions of every piece in it.​

Reactions: Taco Mako
I would also like to point out, if you are not 17 or 18 you either skipped a grade at some point, or are lying to the government about your age.

There's nothing wrong with someone being 16 here. They can be at the party if they somehow found out about it. Also, are you really gonna pick Sheldon as your picture for Keith?

There's nothing wrong with someone being 16 here. They can be at the party if they somehow found out about it. Also, are you really gonna pick Sheldon as your picture for Keith?
I think it's a fitting picture, but I was hoping for some animu art

Status
Not open for further replies.