Dark Super Hero RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also like to point out, if you are not 17 or 18 you either skipped a grade at some point, or are lying to the government about your age.

Guess Rebecca skipped a grade. Also the Sheldon picture works.

I think it's a fitting picture, but I was hoping for some animu art
I can find a .gif to fit any situation within 2 min but I've been looking for a fitting picture for Keith for a year now and Sheldon is the closest I've found.

Guess Rebecca skipped a grade. Also the Sheldon picture works.
Again, it's not required that a character be 17-18. The party is for seniors but any underclassmen can be there too if they found out or were recruited by Alice.

Journey Into Nothingness > Entry 001:

It has been 31 Sols since we were foretold that um..., that information about the new world would be revealed to us. Because we have received no relevant information on how the new world would function on a biological, chemical, and physical nature. I have reached the conclusion that we are but adrift in this space. Forced to um..., -how do I say this-... I am forced to wait for the captain of our expedition to inform us that we are finally able to leave our isolated rooms, but the last we heard of him was just another empty promise. It was not but 10 Sols ago that our Captain, the one who promised us this great adventure, told us we would be arriving at the promised land. That day has since come and gone, and no new messages have come from him. I am starting to lose faith in the Captain. Some level of me is starting to wonder what will become of me, and another is wondering if we will ever make it to this land of milk and honey that we lust for.

Living in this isolated room has begun to dull me, and I am no longer certain how long I will last. Either my body, or my mind.

p.s. I could really go for some milk and honey right now.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

latest

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Journey Into Nothing > Entry 002:

So I have some interesting things to discuss tonight. There is some great good news and some boring bad news. So good news first. I managed to find some milk and honey.
Best. Day. Ever... except for the part where I am trapped in this room, and the part were we still haven't arrived yet, a---and I had no bread to go with my milk and honey.

Oh!, and there was more good news. I learned that there is at least one other person still on this ship. So ya. It's to bad that leads into the bad news. The reason I know this is because there were gun shots earlier. Lots of them. Then some more. Followed by an explosion. Things are going to get interesting.

Here's to my survival.

p.s. SSBhbSBzbyBsb25lbHkgcmlnaHQgbm93Lg==

Q29uZ3JhdHMgb24gcmVhZGluZyBteSBtZXNzYWdlLiBBcmUgd2UgZXZlciBnb2luZyB0byBzdGFydCB0aGlzIHRoaW5nPw==

Palms sweating, leg tapping, and mouth dry Keith sat in the plastic school chair they gave him to sit in. How inconsiderate of me. Why couldn't I have come in second and not given a speech...

Keith sighed as he badgered himself mentally as he sat back in his chair trying to get comfortable. Keith never wrote a speech in the 2 months he was sure he would be Valedictorian. When it came down to the wire his mother wrote him one; it was 7 pages long. Her speech was about thanking the teachers for helping him learn, the students for giving me a great Senior year, and the counselors for working with him. His mother's speech painted his academic career as a joyous experience in as many ways as it could. The truth was far from that children's story.

He learned on his own, reading college level books he purchased on his own, only paying attention to the teacher to not be rude. He was regularly made fun of by most students as he had skipped junior and freshman years and thus was younger, new, and an easy target. He counted his words in school. Some days he could still count on one hand the words he said, and that was usually due to teachers asking him a question. Most days it was 10 to 50 words, but it was always higher than average when his mother dropped him off before school early enough for him to play chess in the library. School was a treacherous gauntlet for him, One not yet over. The last test being his speech as valedictorian.

The salutatorian introducing him sprung Keith from his thoughts. With a high pitched tone and a slight lisp the sleight hispanic girl said, "And now the KID who gets 100's on everything... Keith Thhhheee.... How do I say his middle name? Someone off to the side says it wrong to her as Keith murmurs, " The z is silent." under his breath. His mother, like a cruel god giving someone a sleight deformation, put a z in his middle name "as is family tradition". The apparent thought process of some forefather being that said z is not pronounced and it thus brought character to the name. With it really just being a running joke to anyone who finds out about it. " Keith Thza Lia Porter" rang out over the speakers. Keith's heart sank at the ensuing laughter. It was hard for him to stand up with his stomach feeling as though full of mercury, but worse were the 100's of expectant eyes turning to him, sticking him to the uncomfortable plastic chair they had him sit in. The salutatorian sat back down in her chair next to him and after 5 awkward seconds commanded Keith," GO!" under her breath. Keith's legs stood up without his consent as if some kind of self defense reaction that looked reminiscent of Graf Orlok. And now I have to go up there. Keith walked up to the microphone straight backed and stiff legged. His Adams apple some where near his navel and his throat had some sort of kitchen sponge in it. As he looked over the crowd Keith had an epiphany. After the party tomorrow I won't have to see any of these people again. The school paper already released that he was the only student going to MIT. Just be polite and there's only one more chance for bad things.

Sweat beaded on his forehead as the lights hit his face and anxiety tickled his spine. "I LOVE YOU BABY!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!" came screeching from the stands followed by the piercing sound of a air-horn. Keith looked up at his ridiculous eccentric mother waving with both arms from the stands as police go up to relieve her of the canister. Oh my god I'm going to die. Keith looked down at the very nice pair of boots his mother bought him for this occasion and mustered all the charisma he could. He leaned down to the microphone and bashed himself in the eye receiving a cacophony of laughter and cheers from his peers. The principal walked over and adjusted the mic for Keith, patting the boy on the back before sitting down. Keith was about to vomit from it all, with the only thing stopping him being the embarrassment it would result in.

"H...hi" boomed out over the now dead silence. "I know my academic career hasn't been as long as some. B-but it has still been a long road to come so far for all of us. For most of us this will be the last time we see each other, so look around, these are the people you grew up with. you didn't grow up with them by choice, and whether you like them or not they helped mold you into the person you currently are. However this day marks the beginning of our adult lives. Tomorrow when you wake up you will be a legal adult with a certificate that shows your diligence all these years." There was murmuring and laughter coming from his classmates at his wording as Keith swallowed his dry throat, preparing himself somehow. He was mostly saying random sentences his mother had written. I'm not doing as bad as I thought I would. There was one good line from his mother, he liked the way it sounded so he used it, "I would like to thank everyone that ever helped me, and I'm sorry for not getting to know most of you." The only people he was really thanking was the nurse, his mother, and himself so the beginning wasn't really insincere, But the resulting pause he took thinking about the second half was taken by the principal as the end of his speech.

He almost collapsed into his chair with an immense feeling of relief washing over him.

Done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I DID IT SO FUCK YOU GUYS!

Every Legend Starts Somewhere

We're also gonna color code dialogue because I know in the future, some of us will be speaking for other people and color coding will make it easier to see who said what.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Huh, I found you guys. Also I still have to edit the conversation because I was dumb and unrealistic so give me some time with that.

I don't think i am entirely picking up what you are putting down in that first statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.