1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
fantasy, scifi, horror, magical, drama
This RP will contain hopelessness and suffering.

Do I still have your interest? Good. I've just started playing Dark Souls, and what I like about the game is how much of the world is left up to interpretation, with a plot that is minimalist but has a lot of potential. While I don't have a complete grasp of the whole of the lore, I don't think it matters for an original roleplay based on a fandom universe.

I'm thinking that we both start of as Hollow in the Undead Asylum. From there, anything can happen. Bosses are going to be different. Defeating these bosses will require teamwork, betrayal, guile, luck, and stooping to their level. Not all fights will end up in victory. We will die by our own inventions, metaphorically flogging ourselves because we secretly enjoy it. Basic encounters will be as annoying as possible: a skeleton might be camping on a staircase with a spear and shield with another lobs bombs from behind. Instant death traps will be abundant. Fighting one boss might turn into a fight against two, who will juggle us until we die. We will be raided by extra-planar entities.

Among all this fighting and constant death, we will be forced to try and learn about each other. We might end up killing each other because of paranoia and madness, but no hard feelings, right? Death isn't real to us; it's a matter of course. Touch a bloodstain and watch the spirits fly in this passion play where the only victory is the choice in pressing on.

Interested? Have additional ideas? Feel free to reply. I don't stress too much about style or canon lore knowledge. This is about fun. This is for those who get what the original game wished to invoke as an experience. As for post periodicity, I try to match posts 1 to 1 as early as possible. I have a weekday 9-5 job and a second job Monday, Thursday. If you can't post for a time, let me know. No tough feelings here IRL, or ever. That's for the in-character RP thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.