Dark Souls or Dark Souls: Prepare to Die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Naberius

Original poster
So I just cashed in my graduation money and decided hey, why not buy a new game.

My question is whether I should get Dark Souls for the XBox 360 or Dark Souls: Prepare to Die for the PC.

I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between the two, but some website said PTD had more content. However, I also have to consider the fact that my flat screen TV generally has better graphics and runs smoother than my laptop, but my laptop can utilize mods and is actually pretty decent.

Thoughts?

Prepare to die edition has the DLC included with the game... Extra content originally, but was added as DLC to the 360... I'd advise you to play it with a controller btw o-o and look up how to access the DLC area... It's a bit... Complicated without it :P

As york said, the only special thing about the PTD edition is that it comes bundled with the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, which if I recall correctly is still like $10 on consoles.

I also second the advice to get a controller to use if you want to go for the PC version. The keyboard and mouse controls are pretty broken, even after getting mods to make it better.

I'd say make the choice based on whether or not your laptop actually meets the requirements to run the thing. If it does, then you can get a ton of extra play time out of it through mods, which could make up for the potential extra ~$20 cost of picking up a USB plug in controller if you don't already have one.

As york said, the only special thing about the PTD edition is that it comes bundled with the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, which if I recall correctly is still like $10 on consoles.

I also second the advice to get a controller to use if you want to go for the PC version. The keyboard and mouse controls are pretty broken, even after getting mods to make it better.

I'd say make the choice based on whether or not your laptop actually meets the requirements to run the thing. If it does, then you can get a ton of extra play time out of it through mods, which could make up for the potential extra ~$20 cost of picking up a USB plug in controller if you don't already have one.
xD Before I got the wireless reciever to link my controller to my PC... I experienced playing the game VIA a keyboard + mouse first hand... And lemme tell ya; it's a right pain in the arse, but, manageable x.x just don't be tabbing out anytime soon if you have say... Havel's shield equipped.

Prepare to Die edition, because of the extra content.
But only if you get a controller adapter, it's too horrid to play on a keyboard on mouse.

A friend of mine whose cleared the game on his own and is pretty good at it can't even pull off climbing a ladder when he uses the keyboard for that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.