Dark Souls 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favorite boss in the game? I'm pretty partial to THE CHAMP. Probably my favorite boss in the entire franchise.

Dragonslayer Armor is kicking my butt >.>

Dragonslayer Armor is kicking my butt >.>
If you hear roaring in the background in phase 2, start rolling like crazy. Fight would have been fantastic if they didn't slap in you randomly getting bombarded every few seconds.

• Useful
Reactions: Winter
If you hear roaring in the background in phase 2, start rolling like crazy. Fight would have been fantastic if they didn't slap in you randomly getting bombarded every few seconds.
I didn't even get that far haha. I passed through the fog door and got killed in the first two hits. I haven't tried again yet, I'm currently going back to the previous areas to pick up items I left behind.

Try using a shield. My first playthrough was mostly without shields (estoc and staff) but for the last few bosses (from Dragonslayer Armor on), I used the Eagle Kite Shield (100% physical block shield that needed only 11 or so Strength, got it in the High Wall) and it made the fights MUCH easier. Sure, I'd still take damage from any elemental effects and I'd regularly get my guard broken, but the damage I took was a fraction of what I'd take straight on.

In case anyone doesn't know, I would advise against doing anything pvp related in the PC version of dark souls 3. There is someone going around softbanning people because from is dumb enough to keep the debug mode in the retail version of the game. He'll instantly teleport to you and smack you around some and force a disconnect while giving you an absurd amount of souls and (apparently) force a permanent dragon body on you. Below is a live stream of where he's doing it and how it happens.

In case anyone doesn't know, I would advise against doing anything pvp related in the PC version of dark souls 3. There is someone going around softbanning people because from is dumb enough to keep the debug mode in the retail version of the game. He'll instantly teleport to you and smack you around some and force a disconnect while giving you an absurd amount of souls and (apparently) force a permanent dragon body on you. Below is a live stream of where he's doing it and how it happens.

Was just gonna post this. Malcom Reynolds. How dare he tarnish the game.

What he's doing is using a hacked weapon that gives tons of souls on hit and applies every buff (including Dragon body). The game detects it and instantly softbans the person. Then when the ban wave rears its head then they'll be hard banned permanently unless reversed by From.

Not to mention memory editing to teleport through fog doors and to people instantly. Also being invisible.

I'm gonna blame From just as much for leaving these things in the game for someone to be able to use in the first place. Not saying the guy should be doing it, but they tend to do dumb shit like this.

Hell they didn't even turn Poise on making that one covenant reward ring useless.

... Shit, people are catching on to me!

I'm gonna blame From just as much for leaving these things in the game for someone to be able to use in the first place. Not saying the guy should be doing it, but they tend to do dumb shit like this.

Hell they didn't even turn Poise on making that one covenant reward ring useless.
It's not like they left an item that can do it. People are still able to fiddle with the code. Numbers shift and change while playing the game, programs find those changes and where they go to.

Blaming From for someone else's actions is on par with blaming gun makers for gun violence or a car manufacturer for a drunk driver.

There are safeties in place to prevent this from happening. But people are tenacious and like breaking things. I can't blame them, it is fun. Them using it for this though, well that's just rude.

I'd rather Dark Souls just use the same ban system DS 1 and 2 had, not ban people for hacking.

It's annoying, but if the alternative are innocent players being banned over someone elses abuse I'll take the former.

I'd rather Dark Souls just use the same ban system DS 1 and 2 had, not ban people for hacking.

It's annoying, but if the alternative are innocent players being banned over someone elses abuse I'll take the former.
This kills the community.

This picture. Framed on the wall.

QHf32mH.jpg

Reactions: Darog and Grothnor
The hardest boss in this game so far has been the fight to get the game to calibrate so you can play online >.>

I beat this game a couple days ago and I'm on my NG+ now, I loved it so far. Also peoples are saying this is supposedly the last of the DS series, is that true?

From have said its their last one for a while, Bandai have predictably said its not. So it's largely 50/50. At worst either the B team or another Dev will do a fourth Dark Souls.

Yeah. I can't remember the article I found, but I think the Head Producer (Forgot name, too lazy to look it up) said it is the last Dark Souls. This doesn't mean that this is the last game like Dark Souls, just the story for Dark Souls. That could also just mean he is done working on Dark Souls, after all...He didn't work on Dark Souls II (Because he was working on Bloodborne).

So, quite possible there may be a Dark Souls IV, it just probably won't be under the guy who Made 1, 3 and Bloodborne.

I just listened to some (thankfully) cut audio from the game.

Oceiros was supposed to have an actual baby with him.

And it goes squish.

I think I am scarred.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Windsong
Status
Not open for further replies.