Dark Souls 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one uses spears unless they've got a good swipe or slash attack.

AFAIK

My lady herald Maiden Isidora uses one. But she's not even to Vordt yet.

I was talking about this game recently with a friend. And I have officially decided I am attracted to the Fire Keeper who levels us up.

The ending I got left me and my wife severely disappointed for some reason.

[spoili]We know it's a Souls game and Souls games aren't known for their climactic finales or flashy moments but this still felt incredibly dull and unfulfilled. Also since the final boss only took but a single try since it killed my phantom in the first few moments.

Put down my sign after the fact and got to try that boss with NG+ and holy shit he gets stupid. Magic. Miracles. Pyromancy.[/spoili]

So one thign I have been very disappointed by is
The lack of enemies with the dark snake monsters hidden inside them past Lothric. There were only two of them in the first area and none after. I was certain after beating the Abyss Watchers there would be more at least because there's nobody watching the abyss anymore but they didn't go that route :(

Reactions: Darog and Windsong
Just beat the game. [spoili]Didn't get the ending I was aiming for because I am dumb.[/spoili]

Now to wait for Vaatividya to explain what the hell happened.

Reactions: Windsong
My take on the endings' meaning:
Ending 1: Link the fire: You pressed the cosmic reset button as everyone else has before you. Congrats, you didn't solve anything, but you didn't fuck things up either.

Ending 2: Let the fire die: You've had enough of this cyclical bullshit and have decided to let the universe die out. Too bad someone else will eventually just become a Lord of Cinder out of sheer willpower and start another age of fire (like Ludleth of Courland did) and fuck that up. You solve nothing. Gratz.

Endng 2b: Kill the firekeeper and steal the first flame: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? You're just being a greedy ass and/or a pussy who can't sleep without a night-light.

Ending 3: Usurper of Flame: Congratulations! By letting your fully grown dark sigil thing EAT the first flame or something, you have somehow frozen the cycle of light and dark and are now stuck in the twilight of undeath forever. On the plus side, everyone lives forever. On the downside, everyone looks like a corpse and has alzheimers. On the plus side, HAIL TO THE KING, BABY!

I just reached Anor Londo during a LAN Party of Dark Souls 3.

SO MANY INVADERS!!!

So, I made a new character, joined the Mound Makers and have been trolling some low level noobs with the white phantom ring (whatever it's called).
Here's some of the results:

Playing 3 is like night and day from 2. I dont think I ever played a souls game that felt this smooth before. Also, Arrows are superviable. Now to be not superbad at the game and get my timings down.

With all this talk of the Deep maybe we'll finally get an even better horrifying game involving deep waters.

Also, anyone familiar with 3's anti cheating measures? I'm looking at save edits like I used to and can't find any concrete evidence of 'add embers get banned' or 'Add items get banned'.

I just wanna play fashion souls and coop as NPCs with newbies.. Maybe give them an ember or titanite piece..

Reactions: Grothnor
Source. Just in case you wanted to a) see more videos like that and b) actually support the content creators. ;P

This is amazing! <3

Also, we need to play sometime. :P

Sped through the Carthus Catacombs to kill High Lord Wolnir on my faith playthrough just so I could get and use his sword on the Deacons of the Deep.

Sword with WotG + Horde of slow enemies = Maximum cheese.

• Nice Execution!
Now that I have most of Solaires stuff I'm debating making a Solaire Character

Status
Not open for further replies.