Dark Skies

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ Maybell Christiansen ]

[ Motto ]

"Don't ever think you weren't needed."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Age ]
(Born 25th February 2373)

[ Gender ]
Female

[ Sex ]

Hetero

[ Appearance ]
With combat suit on:​

With casual clothes:

When not in uniform or her combat suit, Maybell likes to wear a dress on those rare days off. She tends to go for light, softer colours; a complete contrast to the darker and colder tones of the URF uniforms. "They have us wearing those tight fitting clothes all the time! It gets really uncomfortable you know?"

[ Origin ]

Born in a major country in Rono of the Cacia System. In a time of peace, Maybell grew up a normal girl. The country of Melbar was prosperous, even more so than the others on Rono. It wasn't a stretch to say Maybell lived a highly privileged life with her parents leading equally privileged professions. Her father, a high ranking officer in Melbar's prestigious cadet school. Her mother, a senior manager at the Rono space port.

[ Ethnicity ]

Maybell sports the fair skin and clear blue eyes of her Scandinavian Ancestors of over five centuries ago, while faint freckles peppered around her nose show her Scottish heritage

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Biography ]

Maybell was born to Irving and Alison Christiansen, two prominent figures in their respective work departments. In an era of peace, Maybell lived a comfortable, if somewhat sheltered, life. From a young age, she was taught of the URF and its history from her father as a substitute for boring bedtime stories. The concept of war eluded her entirely in her younger years, and hearing stories of her father's exploits as Captain of the then Coalition's Destroyer Stalingrad was just as fantastical as any old fairy tale (though her mother wasn't particularly fond of having her father do such a thing). While Maybell's father opened her eyes to the past, Alison shed light on the elusive future and what the people of Rhea and Rono can bring in this time of peace. Sheltered, Maybell was. But ignorant she was not.

Inspired by the stories of her father, she enlisted and enrolled in one of Rono's top military schools. Following in the footsteps of her father, she sought to become a Captain of a ship. However, the road is not a straight one, and Maybell experienced for the first time what true discrimination and hostility really felt like; her fellow cadets mocking her sheltered life and accusing her of riding on the coattails of her father's success. To add insult to injury, her instructors deemed that she would not be qualified to hold a Captaincy position, stating she lacked the qualities of a leader and lacked the ability to make decisive decisions. Maybell dropped out a year later, but her quest to help her homeland and the people under the UMC did not falter. She studied to become a doctor and showed significant aptitude for it, obtaining her practitioner's license in just over five years. She would have continued serving in her city's hospital, if she didn't know about the Gladiators.

Still eager to follow in her father's footsteps, she enlisted straight away, and the UNF were more than happy to accept her. Among the rouges, mercenaries, and ex-criminals that went through the Gladiator's ranks every day, Maybell's addition was an odd but much needed one. The UNF wasn't going to let go of a skilled medic into a regiment that badly needed one. And she was one of the few people in the Gladiators that society regarded as a 'good' person.

Maybell is an optimist at heart, and will always give a person the benefit of the doubt. She is one to see anyone's good side. Her up front and cheerful personality may be detested by some of the more cynical folk. While an excellent medic, she still sprang from sheltered roots, and is more likely to seize up during combat earlier than others. When not busy patching someone up in the medical bay or on the field, Maybell roams around the ship trying to get to know as many people as possible. Off duty, she is flighty by nature. A contrast to the most probable grim personas donned by her fellow squadmates.

[ Theme Song ]
(Working on it)

[ | Skills and Traits | ]

[ Traits ]

• Trait 1 : Pacifist - Before mission deployment, Maybell can trade in her primary weapon slot for 2 extra grenade/gadget slots and increased mobility, or 2 ammo clips of a teammate's primary weapon and increased mobility.
  • Trait 2 : Enhancement Drug - Maybell can inject a squadmate with performance enhancing drugs, increasing their Morale and Firing Accuracy for a short while. Can only be used once per battle.
  • Trait 3 : Sheltered - Maybell is more easily affected by Fear and Suppression

[ Skills ]

Points maximum :

[ The amount of points a character started + gained over the course of the RP ]

Scout :
Sniper :
Operator :
Engineer :
Field Scientist :
Field Medic : +15

First Aid-Medic (Rank I)
"Mr. Fixit"

'Allows the First aid kit to be used three times instead of one time.'

Best Aid (Rank II)
"This shouldn't sting... I think?"

'The First Aid kit can be used up to four times as well bringing back up knocked out targets.'

I Got Your Back (Rank I)
"Got you covered.~"

'Open up the character to use rifles and pistols of Tier II. Allows the character to put on Suppressive Fire effect tier II.'

Pinky (Rank I)
"What'll we do today Brain?"

'The character is capable of performing field research, though quite slow. Is able to aid another person with a skill in Field Research a bit.'

Assault :
Heavy :
Officer :
Captain :

Points left :

[ | Equipment | ]

[ Gear ]

• Name :
    First Aid Kit
    Department :
    First Aid and Field Medic skill tree.

Capabilities/Description :
    The First Aid Kit is the best tool in the hands of a character that indulges in First Aid and Field Medic skills. Other characters can decide to bring along a First Aid Kit, but they will be way less effective than a character who has actual skills that make the kit more useful.

• Name :
    Mobile Shield - S Edition

Department :
    Support Grenade

The Mobile Shield is a spherical energy shield that protects those inside from projectiles - from the likes of rifles, pistols and other small arms. Heavier armament can likely damage the shield in one blow. The shield can protect the user and approx. those within the diameter of 3 meters around them, for a short time. The shield is deployed from a special orb, allowing an one time use per orb. These orbs are at the size of a grenade. In order to operate it, the user has to press the soft surface on top of the device. They have to use some force to feel a click - as if they are breaking through something with their thumb. Within four seconds from activation, a shield will set up.

• Name :
    Smoke Grenades

Department :
    Support Grenade

A smoke grenade is a canister-type grenade used as a signaling device, target or landing zone marking device, or as a screening device for unit movements. The smoke grenades used by the URF come in various variations. The usual thick dark grey smoke grenades can reduce visibility quite a lot. Up to a range of 40 meter radius, the generic smoke produce a thick a dark grey cloud of smoke. Handy to reduce the visibility up to a duration of two minutes, they are being used for all kind of purposes. In order to operate it, one has to press the button on top of the device to allow a small pin to eject. Pull the pin out and the smoke will come out of the device within five seconds.

Other information :
    There are various smoke variations, mostly utilized by the Operators and Engineers ;
    - Red Smoke, designed to hit a space and uncover cloaked targets and lasers. It sacrifices the ability to reduce visibility.
    - Green Smoke, designed to hit a space and fill it with smoke that is aimed to obscure even infrared items and visions. It doesn't however obscure visibility as much as the generic dark grey smoke.
    - Yellow Smoke, a type of smoke that lasts up to 5 minutes and instead of obscuring a wide space, it goes up. Often used as a signal for squads that need to be picked up.
    - Black Smoke, this type of smoke grenades produces a smoke that lasts up to four minutes. It is used as a signal for encountering heavy resistance and in need of reinforcement - in case communication through the radio is disabled.

• Name :
    DR-12 'Scout'
    Department :
    Uniform/Armor/Gear
    The gear, DR-12 Scout, is a light weighted uniform that provides some minimal protection against small arms and melee attacks. The dark component of the uniform makes the wearer quite hard to notice during the darker hours of the day. A small addition to the helmet allows the wearer to see infrared and zoom in 2.5x manually.

• -- 4x clips for the Hamper AR-155
    -- 2x clips for the Takari SMG-76
    -- 2x clips for another squadmate's primary weapon (if Pacifist is in effect)

[ Weapons ]

• Name :
    Hamper AR-155
    Department :
    Rifle, Tier I

The Hamper AR-155 is a standard assault rifle, pretty much sporting the same capabilities as the Dauntless. With ammo clips of 40 bullets, the weapon fire in short bursts of three bullets with each fire. It is great in use of short to medium ranged firefights, making it a reliable weapon for recruits as veterans alike.

Other information :
    The customizations used in this Hamper AR-155 include the following:
    -- ACOG (Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight) - 2.4x zoom
    -- Flashlight

• Name :
    Takari SMG-76
    Department :
    Pistol, tier II

The Takari SMG-76 is a side-arm that has proven its worth. It is capable of being an effective weapon on both short and medium ranged firefights. Firing at bullets from the 56 ammo clips, the power behind the shots aren't the forte of the weapon. It is capable of out firing most rifles, but shouldn't be relied on its stopping power.

Other information :
    The customizations used in this Takari SMG-76 include the following:
    -- ACOG (Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight) - 2.4x zoom
    -- Extended magazine - from 56 up to 70 rounds

• If Maybell uses the Pacifist Trait before deploying, if she is not using her free slots to carry extra ammo, her default loadout will change to include:
    -- One extra Mobile Shield
    -- One more set of First Aid Kits (x4)
    This can be changed to suit the mission objectives before deployment.

Sorry, thought I had accepted your CS before. Its accepted and you can post it in the Char bin as well assume a place in Team Grey.

Edit : Please know for those good old skype users that there is already a chat group/room for the RP. If you wish to join this, then please forward your skype name in PM to me. I will add you ( making it clear its me of course ) and then will drop you into the group. Icy makes sure that the coffee stays warm.~

Please know for those good old skype users that there is already a chat group/room for the RP. If you wish to join this, then please forward your skype name in PM to me. I will add you ( making it clear its me of course ) and then will drop you into the group. Icy makes sure that the coffee stays warm.~
Meanwhile in the skype group :

[23:34:09] *** William has stuff to do - that includes coffee ***
[23:34:54] Gero Bearo- Tulio: O__O
[23:35:07] Gero Bearo- Tulio: In the OOC post, it states you do the coffee indeed
[23:35:16] Gero Bearo- Tulio: Illuminati confirmed
[23:35:21] William: o___________________o
[23:35:33] *** William has an existenstial crisis ***
[23:35:37] Gero Bearo- Tulio: I hope it is better than the crap Starbucks provides D:
[23:35:39] William: Am I the one wanting coffee?
[23:35:43] William: or is this all part of a ploy?
[23:35:50] Gero Bearo- Tulio: ..... or ...
[23:35:59] Gero Bearo- Tulio: Or... does the coffee want you to drink it? O__O
[23:36:11] William: I-I...
[23:36:39] Gero Bearo- Tulio: Perhaps coffee is a sentient being we have to come to understand as it is slowly making progress to take us all over...
[23:36:41] Gero Bearo- Tulio: Think about it...
[23:36:59] Gero Bearo- Tulio: Coffee is a drug, but nobody is bothered much by it... people get addicted to it... More coffee will be produced...
[23:37:21] Gero Bearo- Tulio: More people will drink it, resulting in more coffee.... gentlemen.. ladies... we're facing our annihilation ;____;
[23:38:04] William: ...
[23:38:05] William: ;____;
[23:38:10] *** William hides under blankets ***
[23:38:16] William: I DON’T NEED TO SEE THIS
[23:39:36] *** Gero Bearo- Tulio will now head to bed, crying softly as he doesn't want to be destroyed by the drug that will keep everybody awake ;___; ***
[23:40:28] William: my sick heart can’t handle this
[23:41:16] Gero Bearo- Tulio: ;___;
[23:41:22] Gero Bearo- Tulio: I would like to say... drink more coffee
[23:41:38] Gero Bearo- Tulio: But now we know the ugly truth... coffee has us in its grip ;___;

Is this still open to new players?

red_team_by_sketching101-d9tw6wt.jpg

RED TEAM FTW!

• Thank You
Reactions: Rae
major w.i.p. oh my lord don't look at it
[spoili]
[ Rachel del Morris ]

[ Whatever doesn't kill me better start runnin' ]

cc_postDivider.png

[ Age ]
September 19th, 2375
25 years old

[ Gender ]
Female

[ Sex ]
Bisexual

[ Appearance ]
animegirlfacedarkhairedartwomen-e9e5afc603d188bd1da413169c95052d_h.jpg

Standing at 5'2" (or 157.5 cm), Rachel is not a terribly imposing woman. She makes up for it in muscle strength; she is small but mighty.

[ Origin ]
She grew up in an average town located on the planet New Hope, in the solar system Second Hope. Her parents were upper-class citizens, so she lived in fair luxury for the first part of her life.

[ Ethnicity ]
She has a slight accent that no one can really place. British, Southern, Russian...who knows?

cc_postDivider.png

[ Biography ]
Rachel was, for all intents and purposes, a spoiled brat as a child. She was used to getting what she wanted, when she wanted. There was just one rule in the del Morris household: stay out of trouble. She did that just fine for the first few years of her life, being a stellar student in school up until about age 12. Then, things started to get interesting. She was caught just a few days after her 12th birthday joyriding in one of her parents' cars. The police let her off with a warning, given her age and her parents' reputation. Her parents were, of course, furious. No daughter of theirs was going to have a run-in with the law. One more slip-up, and they wouldn't think twice about kicking her into the streets.

Rachel knew the consequences, but she couldn't help being obsessed with cars and spaceplanes and the like. Whatever information she could get, she had. She tinkered in her parents' garage, adding strange modifications to their rather expensive vehicles. Luckily for her, they never could tell the difference. At age 17, she started getting into illegal streetracing. She was careful, but she'd foolishly believed no one would care that a few teenagers were going at way-too-fast speeds down abandoned side streets. Well, they definitely cared. Just after she turned 18, she was arrested during one of the races. It didn't take a rocket scientist to charge her with DUI, underage drinking, illegal drug possession, and going extremely illegal speeds.

Her parents didn't hesitate to disown her, so Rachel was left with nothing. Not even a proper lawyer. The trial was relatively quick and decisive, sentencing her to 10 years minimum. As far as her parents were concerned, their daughter had died an untimely death. And that was the story for many years as she rotted away in a jail cell. No one would even recognize the young woman after the first year.

Time passed, and her parents made no attempts to reach out to her. Bitter and angry, Rachel desperately looked for a way to ease her sentence. That was when she discovered the Gladiators. Without a second thought, she joined the underdog team, tasting freedom for the first time in three years. She has nearly paid off her "debt to society," but she doesn't plan on leaving any time soon.

[ Theme Song ]

cc_postDivider.png

[ | Skills and Traits | ]

[ Traits ]

1. Street Racer

"Some damn good times"
Her past experience handling vehicles gives her an edge in the field, even with the more sophisticated equipment. (+1 Operator)
2. Slammer Time

"I'm sure you can't imagine."
Prison is never easy. With three years in her belt, she is less susceptible to fear and suppression fire.
3. Wrench Monkey

"I've got the gadgets."
Able to carry one additional gadget.

[ Skills ]
Points maximum :

[ 15 (+1 from trait) ]
[stabs=bcenter|90%]
{slide=Operator: 15|center}GADGETS
Tier 1: Collector
Cost: 3 points

[spoili]
"Oooh, shiny!"
Allows the character to modify one extra modification to a weapon.
[/spoili]

MAINTENANCE
Tier 1: Repair

[spoili]
"I can fix this! I can fix this!"
Allows a character to fix a broken tool or weapon.
[/spoili]
Tier 2: Fixer
Cost: 6 points

[spoili]
"Well see, here's your problem. Ya got no engine!"
A character with this skill can repair somewhat damaged ground vehicles.
[/spoili]

OPERATE
Tier 1: Designated Driver

[spoili]
"Licence and registration please."
This enables a character to drive vehicles much better than those without this skill. The difference will be even better without intoxicated characters using this skill!
[/spoili]
{/slide}
{slide=Scout: 0|center}{/slide}
{slide=Sniper: 0|center}{/slide}
{slide=Engineer: 0|center}{/slide}
{slide=Field Scientist: 0|center}{/slide}
{slide=Field Medic: 0|center}{/slide}
{slide=Assault: 0|center}{/slide}
{slide=Heavy: 0|center}{/slide}
{slide=Officer: 0|center}{/slide}
{slide=Captain: 0|center}{/slide}
[/stabs]
Points left :
[ 1 ]

cc_postDivider.png

[ | Equipment | ]

[ Gear ]

(A list of grenades, gadgets and gear :
4x grenades/gadgets.
4x ammo clips for the main weapon,
2x ammo clips for the secondary weapon.
1x vest or particular uniform/outfit)

[ Weapons ]

(A list of grenades, main and secondary weapons and gadgets. Remember that a character can only have a limit of ----without traits or skills counted along- :
1x main weapon,
2x side-arm
2x modifications for the main weapon
2x modifications for the secondary weapon. )
[/spoili]​

Last edited:
Aye, it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.