2. Beginner
  3. Elementary
  4. Intermediate
  5. Adept
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, magic, adventure, comedy, anime, slice of life, high school, fandom, romance, but I am always open to many others.
I want to do a sort of gothic fiction dark romance rp. I don't have too many ideas yet, but I'm thinking of having the character all live in the same large mansion or castle. I want a lot of gothic and dark type aspects where the characters are gothic/punk-like characters and possibly slightly mad. There can be a supernatural aspects to it as well, and most of the characters like demonic, grotesque and creepy things. However, the rp would largely be about them getting to know each other better, becoming closer and growing romance. We could add other elements to it as well. I'm open to things.

I'm picturing sweet but dark romance.

I don't have a lot planned yet, so I'm interested in getting ideas and input and seeing if anyone would be interested in this kind of idea.

OPEN SIGNUPS - INFO DUMP - Of Magic and Moonlight OOC

OPEN SIGNUPS - CHARACTER INDEX - Of Magic and Moonlight CI

Last edited:
I'd give it a try as long it's not asking 3 pars plus every time because i write as the mood or and the conditions are met. You could have a plot where the princess goes from a good girl to a goth because she's fed up of only been seen as a breeder for the royal family's name

That sounds awesome, would you set it in a specific time/realm?

I'd give it a try as long it's not asking 3 pars plus every time because i write as the mood or and the conditions are met. You could have a plot where the princess goes from a good girl to a goth because she's fed up of only been seen as a breeder for the royal family's name
That's an interesting idea that we might be able to work with. As for the length, I'm not going to give anything specific because as long as you get the job done, length of a post doesn't matter to me.

That sounds awesome, would you set it in a specific time/realm?
It depends. I haven't thought anything like that out yet. If we decide to go with the princess thing, we'd have to come up with somewhere that would have a royal family and such. And, if we do anything supernatural, we could possibly make it a completely different realm as to not deal with reality issues concerning the supernatural.

The princess thing would be able to take you in a new direction which I could see really working, it also allows a setting across either modern day or elsewhere as well as different realm. I love the idea, just working out how to work so many moody Gothic/punks into a plot-line.

an idea could be that a character (originally coming from a very regulated existence is enticed into a group of said characters who represent the outcast types of society. One of them has ownership over an old castle and refuses to sell the building and/or land, leaving it to be home to the group who (for one reason or another) are living there.

On the princess plot, it could be that she is tired of the existence and goes missing because she goes goth and is taken in by an opposing ruling family who are well known for being dark (a bit more of a dark s light story potential)

Last edited by a moderator:
The princess thing would be able to take you in a new direction which I could see really working, it also allows a setting across either modern day or elsewhere as well as different realm. I love the idea, just working out how to work so many moody gothic/punks into a plotline hahaha
I do agree with you there. The princess thing could work in different settings and time, wherever we want to make the setting. I'm thinking, perhaps if we go with the princess thing, she decides she wants moody gothic/punk people around her and since she's a princess, she could probably get them.

I do agree with you there. The princess thing could work in different settings and time, wherever we want to make the setting. I'm thinking, perhaps if we go with the princess thing, she decides she wants moody gothic/punk people around her and since she's a princess, she could probably get them.

Sorry I edited my above post after my brain decided to fart out a couple of ideas

On the princess plot, it could be that she is tired of the existence and goes missing because she goes goth and is taken in by an opposing ruling family who are well known for being dark (a bit more of a dark s light story potential)
I like this as a possible idea. I think it gives us more reason to have the rp full of goths and punks (perhaps somewhat mad), and give us a reason for them to all be together. Plus, if we have another ruling family, it would feel more like everyone's character is important instead of just having one main person with others as side characters.

I like this as a possible idea. I think it gives us more reason to have the rp full of goths and punks (perhaps somewhat mad), and give us a reason for them to all be together. Plus, if we have another ruling family, it would feel more like everyone's character is important instead of just having one main person with others as side characters.

It would also give reason as to why a few are unhinged, some may just be plain crazy but the other family may have a society that is more rough and unregulated, where people are more easily able to be brutal in personality and their actions. It can also open up for characters from the princess's family to interact so you have the added clash

It would also give reason as to why a few are unhinged, some may just be plain crazy but the other family may have a society that is more rough and unregulated, where people are more easily able to be brutal in personality and their actions. It can also open up for characters from the princess's family to interact so you have the added clash
I agree.

So, I think having a princess is a good idea, where she is tired of everything and pretending to be good and doing whatever her family wants, thus she runs away to be herself and goes to this other royal family where they are dark, unregulated people. The thing we need to think about now is if we want anything supernatural in the rp and what setting like time period and place we want.

I'd like to hear @Rads opinion on these things too, since the princess idea came from Rads.

the time line thing could work in some aspects but maybe at some point she could temp lose her powers because of the curse with in the royal family so she has to live two lives to break the curse. As for the building idea it's not the worst but on that small bit it's not going to be enough. So maybe the royals think their getting a better deal from a richer nation but in truth they are being tricked and are to stupid to know it. As for the running away idea how about this as a plot twist she lets herself be taken by spies somewhere in the city and then slowly intergrate to a new way of life while pretending to be the vitcim.

the time line thing could work in some aspects but maybe at some point she could temp lose her powers because of the curse with in the royal family so she has to live two lives to break the curse. As for the building idea it's not the worst but on that small bit it's not going to be enough. So maybe the royals think their getting a better deal from a richer nation but in truth they are being tricked and are to stupid to know it. As for the running away idea how about this as a plot twist she lets herself be taken by spies somewhere in the city and then slowly intergrate to a new way of life while pretending to be the vitcim.
Well, we could only have something about a curse if we give her magic so we would have to decide if we want magic and supernatural. Also, that would mean we would have to take that into account when we do the setting. I think that perhaps the dark royals take in the princess because it benefits them to have her, thinking that it would give them more power. If they are more dark, they would most likely be power hungry. I don't want to put too much into the running away idea, because that's not going to be a main point other than getting her to a place full of gothic puck people, but we could use the excuse of her getting kidnapped as her way of hiding away from her family.

Reactions: Rads
Well, we could only have something about a curse if we give her magic so we would have to decide if we want magic and supernatural. Also, that would mean we would have to take that into account when we do the setting. I think that perhaps the dark royals take in the princess because it benefits them to have her, thinking that it would give them more power. If they are more dark, they would most likely be power hungry. I don't want to put too much into the running away idea, because that's not going to be a main point other than getting her to a place full of gothic puck people, but we could use the excuse of her getting kidnapped as her way of hiding away from her family.

The power hungry idea would play into it well, if the two sides have been at war for a long time it would make sense for her to be kidnapped initially as an explanation for how she gets there.

Idea - her side is light, a coven of witches and warlocks who work to keep balance and harmony. The other side is a dark, a coven of witches and warlocks who embrace the absurd and dark, they prefer power rather than diplomatic society. The dark coven send out a group to kidnap the princess, heir to the light coven's throne, their objective to cut the light's royal bloodline. They initially hold her captive with the view to kill her but for some reason or another she is kept alive, she eventually becomes apart of the coven and wherever you take it from there.

her side is light, a coven of witches and warlocks who work to keep balance and harmony. The other side is a dark, a coven of witches and warlocks who embrace the absurd and dark, they prefer power rather than diplomatic society. The dark coven send out a group to kidnap the princess, heir to the light coven's throne, their objective to cut the light's royal bloodline. They initially hold her captive with the view to kill her but for some reason or another she is kept alive, she eventually becomes apart of the coven and wherever you take it from there.
I like that idea. I'm thinking that perhaps she is kept alive because she has this darkness hidden inside of her, so they decide to keep her alive instead of kill her. And, thus she starts to live with them normally and there's were we can have them all living together and that's were we do the main part of the rp.

o
I like that idea. I'm thinking that perhaps she is kept alive because she has this darkness hidden inside of her, so they decide to keep her alive instead of kill her. And, thus she starts to live with them normally and there's were we can have them all living together and that's were we do the main part of the rp.
oo yes! :D

If we're going to put magic in, do we allow other magical beings and such and if so, do we create this into a whole other world/realm or try to put it into our world.

If we're going to put magic in, do we allow other magical beings and such and if so, do we create this into a whole other world/realm or try to put it into our world.
hmm not sure to be honest, my personal preference i guess would be to include other magical beings but keep it in modern time

hmm not sure to be honest, my personal preference i guess would be to include other magical beings but keep it in modern time
Keeping it in modern time, with our world would make it easier on me because then I wouldn't have to create a whole other world and I wasn't expecting to do that for this rp. I'm for other magical beings in there as well, gives people a chance to play as whatever they want.

We just need a setting where all this can happen. In order to do two different kingdoms with random people, I feel like it might have to be a made-up place though still within our world and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.