Dark Nights - Sci Fi RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
but I want to make sure that each of you can enjoy a real proper OOC
Give me my four armed alien. That's the only way I can enjoy it >:[

Though it is taking a bit longer, the OOC is nearly done. Chromehound and I are working the final details and while it has been longer than I had promised, I hope that you all will thus like the sneak peak I am going to share with you. In advance, I hope that we can start this weekend as I am looking forward to work with everybody that showed interest as well might do in the future.

Do note : This isn't a finalized version. It is close to finished and yet will hope you all will enjoy the sneak peak.

[tabs]
[Tab | The Duchess |]

779546_040114_48_ArtFile_ru.jpg

A heavy cruiser class ship. The Duchess is one of the newest ships in the fleet of the URFN - United Realms Force Navy. With several great technology, such as the antimatter reactor, cyclonic shields, gauss weaponry and more make it optional for the Duchess to perform just as any of the shining examples that the URFN has under its control. The Duchess is capable of delivering a heavy punch as supporting up to a total of 5000 personnel on-board. While this might sound impressive, the Duchess isn't on par with the currently developing 'Super Cruisers' that are being manufactured on Rono and New Hope.

Currently the Duchess is the mobile HQ of the Gladiators, which has made some of the older personnel on-board of the ship unhappy and worried about the reputation of the ship. Stationed in a more closed off section - being however one fifth of the ship's space - that the Gladiators have, provide them with the basic of needs for their troops. It supports up currently :

infinity-interior.jpg

- Barracks, each 'room' holding up to two bunker beds and two closets. Currently the barracks section for the Gladiators support up to a maximum of 400 members.
- Cargo bay, though it is at the current state nothing really noteworthy. It has some supply of the standard weaponry and armor as vehicles that the Gladiators are allowed to use.
- Two large workplaces. One called Vulcan and the other nicked 'Hephaestus'. Both workplaces don't support to the best of tools, which often mean that the Gladiators have to request through their captains for extra resources. Something that most members of the faction don't bother as such requests aren't taken serious by the officials on board of the Duchess. Its where one can find Operators and Engineers most likely tinkering away or carrying out a blueprint made by the research team.
- A large science lab, called Ogma - a figure from Irish and Scottish mythology, said to have invented the Ogham alphabet. Like the workshops it doesn't support much high standing tools at the moment. Though it is more than likely the favorite spot of the field scientists off during operations.
- An infirmary, which should be capable of holding a maximum of 150 wounded and sick. However, with the current personnel that the Gladiators have, the number is way less that they can support. While not many might like the stench that sometimes lingers around sometimes the very sick of the URF personnel on the ship are stationed on the Gladiator's infirmary, it is where one can find many of the Field Medics that serve in the Gladiator's faction.
- Fitness and training center, the place where officers drill and educate the Gladiators into new tactics and drills.
- Command and Control center, which is used by the leading officials of the Gladiators. Often mocking and affectionately nicked as 'Papa's Cave'. It is where Captains can be receiving missions and briefing before they are send off.

The ship is equipped with :
- an anti-matter reaction,
- Two Magnetic Accelerator Cannons, also known as Mass Accelerator Cannon, MAC Gun and MAC Cannon, is a large coilgun that serves as the primary offensive weapon for URFN warships.
- Several turrets that use smaller scaled MACs.
- Several turrets that sport cannons with ballistic and anti-ballistic ammunition.
- A big cargo space, allowing for food supplies up to two till three months. It could be supplied for longer times, but the standard is usually two to three months. The Duchess also is transporting an arsenal of the standard vehicles to support ground operations with the needed vehicles. Both for transport as for combat purposes.

[/tab]
[Tab | The Military |]

[tabs][Tab | The Planet's Military |]

futuristic_soldier_concept_by_fonteart-d619yk8.jpg

- A regular infantrymen

Every planet has their own military. They don't sport much specialized troops other than what one might expect. The ordinary military supported with artillery and other military hardware. Decently equipped with quite modern technology, there isn't much special to inform one about the regular military of each planet as there are clear protocols that they need to abide. And there is a strict control from the Council on that this is followed. If one doesn't follow those protocols, they can expect the URF to make them.

There are some mercenary and private companies that are for hire. They are often somewhat weaker armed and geared than the regular military, but there are a few companies that are rumored to be on the same ground as the URF. Perhaps not in numbers, but in technology and effectiveness.

[/tab][Tab | The URF |]
'United Realms Force'
latest

The URF is superior to the regular military. Composed out of forces from each planet, they easily outgun and outnumber any military from a single planet. They also have access to the larger space crafts, that are terrifying enough to waver any enemy, with just their presence and if needed impact of their weaponry. While they are thus feared for good reasons, they are more respected and seen as one of the best military that mankind can muster. More advanced in technology, the forces of the URF are certainly the nightmare of any insurgent or rogue element of the UMC. There are however a few specialized forces within the URF that have their own reputation and difference from the main force of the URF. Their main task is to form the arm of the UMC and deliver their justice.

[/tab][Tab | SAC |]

'Secret Agency Corps'
"The Shadow Operatives."

The SAC is one of the best kept secret within the URF and the Council. They operate under the radar and under the sole control of the Council. Even the top of the URF has nothing to say on the members of the SAC, which has led to frustration and them to become wary whenever they notice SAC activities. Another aspect that makes them to be quite feared is that they have a literal license to kill anybody who isn't part of the Council or the top of the URF. Those who do dare try to bring any information about the SAC vanish quite soon and all information to be quickly turned into 'wild theories inspired by some insurgents'. While the methods of SAC isn't clean, nobody can doubt the effectiveness of the corps. Elites in covert operations, they are one of the best equipped forces around. The technology that they even wield is said to surpass the elite of the URF by far. Though nobody has been able to prove that yet as the SAC is guarding their secrets and that of the Council with a vigor that isn't easy to be found anywhere else.

[/tab][Tab | The Wardens |]

mass_effect_isolation_1___leian_by_redyakka-d5oyrnw.png

"Elite of the Elite Force."

The Wardens are publicly known as the Elite of the whole military of mankind. They consist out of the best trained and drilled troops that mankind can muster and armed with the latest technology, gadgets and vehicles. Their main task is to guard the Council and are rarely seen or heard doing operations. There are several rumors about the Wardens having done some serious missions against high classed threats. But it is clear that these soldiers are worse than the SAC if one needs to make a pick. To get recruited into the Wardens, one needs to have a very clean and yet impressive record. Something not easily done in the military. Not to mention that you need some serious amount of skill and experience to be even considered. While it is known that their numbers aren't impressive, so far no mission underneath the care of the Wardens has ever failed. If they are after you, the chance of staying alive long enough that they will stop is going to be smaller than snow naturally appearing in a desert climate.

[/tab][Tab | The Gladiators |]

c5e9669a6b2b07826afe7f6efc3c7519.jpg

"The underdogs."

The Gladiators, a name that is both disliked, mocked and by a few respected. Though part of the esteemed URF, many don't really consider the Gladiators a real part of the URF Composition. That has to do with the way how some members are recruited. Even while the URF has large numbers and the impressive record, there are places and operations that the URF isn't fond of doing or dealing with. In case planetary forces require some aid with an operation the URF isn't interested in, then the Gladiators are send out. They are called the trash of the URF, the scumbags and what not. Though contrary to the common belief that the Gladiators are made out of very bad criminals and action junkies, they are an average organization. Currently a Gladiator is somewhat equally equipped to that of a soldier of a planetary force. Though most have second-handed gear and weapons, they are trained to have some basics down and undergo a strict mental as physical test. This is quite needed as some petty criminals can apply to serve for the Guardians to lessen their time in prison or else try to find a way out of the criminal circuit that some are locked in. The volunteers range from those who hope to gain access to the URF through the Gladiators, adrenaline junkies, glory seekers and ex-soldiers that have seen too much and wish to go out as some of their comrades. The backgrounds of the personal of the Gladiators are as diverse as the gear that they use.

[/tab][/tabs][/tab][/tabs]

I'm interested but I'm not too sure I'd have the time to commit due to my job (Active Military), if anything I'd make a side character for very specific things, like a dropship pilot or a systems operator so I wouldn't get in the way when I'm not able to post.

But if you need any help GMing or writing these posts, I read and RP a good amount of Sci-Fi so I'd be glad to help when this kicks off. If you're interested just send me a PM.

• Thank You
Reactions: Aliceee
I'm interested but I'm not too sure I'd have the time to commit due to my job (Active Military), if anything I'd make a side character for very specific things, like a dropship pilot or a systems operator so I wouldn't get in the way when I'm not able to post.

But if you need any help GMing or writing these posts, I read and RP a good amount of Sci-Fi so I'd be glad to help when this kicks off. If you're interested just send me a PM.
I think we can think of something if you indeed want to join as a such a role.

Anyhow, the OOC is up. Do please keep in mind that there is still some ongoing work on polishing it further. But I really hope that you all like the base that I finished at last. ^^

Yay~! x3

Edit :

Seeing I know some of you love to chatter away in skype, please send me your skype name/adress ( whatever is more correct) and I will make a group chat for the RP. Not that we can't chat away in the OOC, but I know from experience that skype is more used for chattering away. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.