Dark Moon Manor

The further Scarlet entered the manor, the more horrific it got. Turning the corner, Scarlet came face to face with a lady in white, blood splattered across her front and on her face, eyes wild with crazed madness. In her hand was a large butcher's knife, dried blood already flaking off of the blade. Scarlet shrieked and turned, sprinting into the other direction, before running into a sturdy object. Scarlet went tumbling to the ground, for the second time in ten minutes. Rubbing her head, Scarlet looked up to see what she had run into. Her eyes widened when she saw a boy, about a year older than her, sitting up and rubbing his head as well. "Would you watch where you're going?" He snapped, turning to look at Scarlet. Scarlet's eyes widened and she stood up, making her way over to the boy. "I-I'm sorry, I was running from...something. I think it was a lady." Scarlet said, trying to explain why she had run into him. She stuck out a hand to help him up, but he acted like he didn't see it, standing on his own. "Do me a favor: next time when you're scared, keep your eyes open." He said rudely, dusting his jeans off. "Well, you don't have to be so rude about it! I said I was sorry!" Scarlet defended, crossing her arms across her chest. "I mean, I've been through two life threatening events in only ten minutes! First, I was pushed down the stairs-" The boy cut Scarlet off. "Someone pushed you down the stairs? Who?" He asked, finally showing some sort of curiosity instead of rudeness. Scarlet sighed and started re-fixing her ponytail. "I don't know. Now that I think about it, nobody was there. I just felt hands pushing me down." The boy said nothing and nodded. "I'm Scarlet by the way." She attempted at a change of topic. The boy looked over at her and smirked. " Scarlet, huh? That makes sense since you're face turns that color when you're irritated." Scarlet gasped, and touched her cheeks, noticing that they were warm. "Well, what's your name, then?" Scarlet asked roughly, feeling her cheeks growing warmer as her frustration grew. "I'm not so inclined to tell you my name." The boy declared stubbornly. Scarlet puffed her cheeks in frustration. "If you keep doing that, Your new nickname will be Froggie." He said humorlessly. "Haha. Very funny." Scarlet said, dripping with sarcasm. "Aren't I? It's a plus that I'm also dripping with good looks." The boy said, fixing his tie. It was obvious that he was doing it wrong, so Scarlet walked up, pulling his hands away. "Stop. You're doing it wrong." Scarlet sighed, starting to fix his tie. The boy started to object, trying to move away from her, but Scarlet glared at him. "I'm just trying to help!" She said, fixing the rest of his tie. "There, all done. You should learn how to fix your own tie, P.B." The boy raised an eyebrow in confusion. "P.B?" Scarlet smiled wide and patted his shoulder. "It stands for Prince Baka. Or Prince for short." She watched as 'Prince' narrowed his eyes at her. "That's really stupid, you know." Scarlet laughed a little and shook her head. "Just accept it. Plus, it's what you get for not telling me your name and calling me Froggie." Prince sighed and shook his head. "Fine, but I'm leaving now." He started walking away from Scarlet. "Wait! Can't we try to get out of here together?" She asked, feeling fear bubble from the pit of her stomach. "Sorry, Froggie. I travel alone. See ya." Prince turned towards her and held up a hand, gesturing goodbye before he walked away, turning a corner away from her vision.

'Prince'
692354389194727edb56c744433ef94c.jpg

She watched as Scarlet ran straight into Baka (she refused to call him prince anything) She sighed and moved on, figured as much. She wasn't that scary was she? Well at least she still had Oliver once he got done chatting it up with that human girl. At least nobody ever seemed scared of him or prince... was it only her? she felt like pouting in the corner like a child but instead just went back upstairs.

Scarlet felt her stomach drop. Here she was, in a haunted manor, all by herself. "Might as well, get out of here as quick as possible. I just have to stay the night...right?" She tried reassuring herself, trying to think positive things. Slowly, Scarlet started going down a dark hallway, holding her arms against her chest. All of a sudden, the darkness was almost unreal. She couldn't even see her hand in front of her face. Reaching in her pocket, Scarlet pulled out a match and lit it while walking. A few minutes went by and Scarlet calmed a little. Then, a disfigured and bloody face appeared right in front of the match's light, a crazy grin spreading from one ear to the other. She instantly noticed that the smile was stitched and a rotting smell came from the face. Scarlet shrieked and backed away, dropping her only match. It went out the moment it hit the floor. Scarlet sucked in shaky breaths, her eyes trying to see in the darkness. With a yelp of pain, Scarlet felt somebody tug hard on her ponytail, causing her to stumble backwards. She quickly regained her balance and started running blindly ahead of her. Amused laughter came from behind Scarlet as she ran, causing her to run faster. With a slam, Scarlet ran straight into a wall and through it. It broke like it was made out of soft wood. Landing on the ground, Scarlet scrambled into a standing position, running a hand along the wall for a light switch. A burst of relief flooded through her when she found a switch and flicked it on, blinding light filling the room. Scarlet squinted her eyes against the harsh light since her eyes were starting to get used to the dark. She looked around her and saw it was a small bedroom, blood splattered on the walls behind the bed. Scarlet gulped and looked at the hole in the wall behind her. Whatever monster that face belonged to seemed to have stopped following her. Quickly, Scarlet went and hid in the nearby closet. It was small, but wide enough for her to squeeze into the back corner, as far away from the door as possible. The adrenaline that was rushing through Scarlet earlier had worn off and she could feel her head pounding where she was ripped back by her ponytail. Her bruises from where she had fallen from the stairs also began to hurt. Giving a shaky sigh, Scarlet leaned her head against the wall, shaking. Her body tensed as she heard running footsteps and what sounded like a door opening and closing. Scarlet gasped as she noticed that somebody else was in the room. Holding her breath, Scarlet tried her best not to make any noises. Then, the closet door opened and Scarlet's eyes widened in a unknown type of relief. Prince looked into the closet, eyes slightly worried, before they landed on hers. He quickly wiped away the expression back to his smirk and crossed his arms across his chest. "There you are, Froggie." He said, entering the closet and sitting next to Scarlet. Her eyes widened as she saw some sort of relief written on his face. Before she could decide if it was or not, it was quickly replaced with his self-centered look. "I never thought I'd run into you again." Scarlet said, leaning her head back against the wall and closing her eyes. A scoff came from Prince and she turned to look at him. "Just be glad. If I hadn't shown up, you probably would have died from fear or something." Scarlet turned away from him as she noticed that, for once, Prince was right. Scarlet's cheeks reddened slightly, and she punched his arm. "Well, I guess you're right about that." She admitted, turning to look at Prince. He looked slightly shocked, but recovered his composure. "Of course I'm right, Froggie." Scarlet groaned at his self-centered comment. "Whatever, P.B." Scarlet sighed, crossing her arms across her chest. "So, what made you scream like that?" Prince asked, turning to look at Scarlet. Scarlet began telling him what happened.

Mandi looked at the boy, unsure what to say. She glanced nervously over her shoulder, "Uh, maybe later, I gotta find my buddies." she said leaving the room.

While she told Prince what happened, he listened intently, not interrupting once to make a smart remark. When Scarlet finished, Prince was quiet for a few moments. "Wow...no wonder you screamed like that." He finally said, running a hand through his slightly messy blonde hair. "Yeah...I hate this place. I never wanted to come here." Scarlet said softly, pulling her knees to her chest and resting her head on them. "Well, why did you come, then?" Prince asked, completely curious. Scarlet sighed and lifted her gaze to his. "I was bullied into coming here." She said bluntly, watching Prince set his jaw slightly. "Bullied you?" He asked, eyes slightly narrowed. "Yeah, I said I didn't want to come, but this older girl punched my stomach, telling me it would be worse if I didn't spend the night here." Scarlet said, pointing to her abdomen. Prince said nothing, shaking his head with a look of revolt on his face. Scarlet nodded and yawned slightly. "Tired?" Prince asked, using a different tone of voice. Scarlet nodded slowly and rubbed her eyes. Her whole body ached and she would have passed out from fatigue long ago if she hadn't been scared. "Here. You can use my shoulder if you want. It's not really comfortable leaning on a wall." Prince offered, scooting a little closer to Scarlet. Scarlet blushed slightly and was glad it was dim enough that Prince couldn't see it. He probably would have made fun of her for it. Slowly, Scarlet leaned against Prince and laid her head on his shoulder, feeling comfortable, like he said she would. Then, she felt a wave of drowsiness suddenly pass over her, making her eyelids feel heavy. "You can sleep. It's been a long day for you." Prince said, a bit of what sounded like compassion in his voice. It surprised Scarlet since he had the 'I'm perfect' walk about him all the time. She didn't comment though and let her eyelids droop closed. After a few seconds, Scarlet felt Prince start messing with a few strands of her hair. Eventually, Scarlet fell into a much needed sleep, feeling more protected than she had ever felt since she walked into the manor.

images-13.jpeg

As Lieff approached the manor, he knew he had made a mistake. He had been dared, and he was not one to back down from one. However this was different. He felt something...Something that doesn't fill him with hope. He hesitantly walked througb the door and switched his ligbt on. At that moment he knew it was going to be a very long night