Dark Insurgence (Runaway/Supernatural RP)

Where do you want the story to kick off?

• At the breakout; I wanna kick some science ass!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • After the breakout; how we're coping with the outside world is more important to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Before the breakout; what's going on in the facility before we break out?

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have mine up ASAP

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: The Philosoraptor
So... Diana's a butter toast now.
MMm. Toast.

Actually, you're also waiting on me.
Apologies.
I've been working after work. Which seems redundant and cruel. It is.

I've gotten a lot of my profile done. Just trying to be inventive and cool with the technology... i.e. I'm trying to make something that is functional and not OP.

I'm curious about how well we know each other if we start before the breakout. Would all us prisoners be kept separate or do we get to have school lunch at our local cafeteria. Either way I would like to say that my character spends a lot of his time when not trying to break out and kill his captives, watching all the other experiments/people go about their business. OMG What if I broke us all out!?!?!

I'm curious about how well we know each other if we start before the breakout. Would all us prisoners be kept separate or do we get to have school lunch at our local cafeteria. Either way I would like to say that my character spends a lot of his time when not trying to break out and kill his captives, watching all the other experiments/people go about their business. OMG What if I broke us all out!?!?!

We're kept separate, don't go outside our cells except for when they test us. We know each about other via glances during experimentation and half-hidden whispers from the researchers and security teams.

Also, no. The means of our escape is something we know nothing about.

We're kept separate, don't go outside our cells except for when they test us. We know each about other via glances during experimentation and half-hidden whispers from the researchers and security teams.

Also, no. The means of our escape is something we know nothing about.
I am very ok with all of that!

Okay, it looks like we're gonna be playing in the preceding hours before the breakout!

As well, we might have another player lined up if I can help him work out the kinks in his character.

Hi! I was wondering if there was any chance I would be able to join this roleplay? The idea has thoroughly interested me and I'm hoping it's not too late.

Hi! I was wondering if there was any chance I would be able to join this roleplay? The idea has thoroughly interested me and I'm hoping it's not too late.

Well, I did reset the max as being seven earlier on the OOC. So, I guess.

@kimsim12
@Tyrannosaurus Rekt

Can we be expecting anything from you guys soon?

Well, I did reset the max as being seven earlier on the OOC. So, I guess.
Alright I'll try to get a CS written as soon as possible. Sorry if me showing up out of the blue was a tad strange, I'm not really familiar with how things work with group rps on Iwaku.

I'll have mine up within the next 24 hours. I crashed on the bed at this resort I'm staying at. Whoops. XD

Sorry that this is so sudden after asking to join not long ago, something came up and I won't be able to rp. Good luck to you all!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Well, unfortunately, I was puking my guts out all day. Apologies! Hopefully tomorrow if I feel any better...

Is sign-ups still available? If so, how would you feel about a succubus in this roleplay?

Apologies about the delay in all of this. Usually, I'm a lot more on top of things. But I was sick over this weekend and my SO has been out of town for the past couple of days due to business, leaving me to tend to all the household chores, which includes a sad large amount of animals.

Anyway, I had most of the profile made up but I left it in the Iwaku box, instead of saving it. So it is gone. I'm going to rehash it tonight and get it to you soon... exceptional situations aside... which there might be. Scouts honor, though I was never a scout, so Scout-ish honor.

Name: Grant Malik
Race: Djinn
Appearance:
CHARACTER2_zpswg4zuvdk.png

Brief Bio:
Grant is the creation of the scientific notion: "can we actually make the devil?" This thought may have been deeply researched or pondered upon. Though, it is more likely that it happened during a drinking game, or maybe by whoever headed the experiment's child. It was still an avenue they explored.

The basis for Grant, surprisingly enough, is human. Humans are usually vilified as being devilish by creation, or at least that is what the project notes say. In all honesty, it was easier for them to manufacture one than to actually catch one. A pure devil, no matter the theological variety, was quite hard to get samples from as they usually outsmarted those that were trying to capture them or immolated themselves just to spite the humans. So, Grant started out human and through years of genetic manipulation, surgery, and downright Frankenstein-like procedures, became what he is today.

Grant falls closer to being a djinn than a goat-arsed devil with a pitchfork. He has command over fire and smoke. His flame abilities are the least powerful of the two. He's capable of lighting on fire anything flammable with his touch. He can't cause things to spontaneously combust or light water or metal on fire. And he can't light flesh on fire either, he has tried--a lot. His smoke abilities, on the other hand, are near all encompassing. He can turn himself into smoke and use it to infiltrate or avoid danger (though he can't use any of his other abilities in this form). He can control smoke, by thought, though he has to be able to see it He can't just will it on its existence alone. And probably the most frightening, he can alter the density of it making it solid. Grant is also sturdier than most and stronger, but doesn't excel in either of these categories. Usually, creatures built for strength and endurance outmatch him. He's also charming. Well, as charming as a green man with horns can be.

He has no memories of being human, as he was altered quite young in his life, and so he considers himself a creature above all. Grant's the sort that just goes with teh flow. Sure, he doesn't much care for being a caged animal, more-or-less, but he doesn't actively rebel. They don't treat him poorly, and he can torment his guards by being the snake-tongued, not literally, charmer that he was genetically engineered to be. Also, there is a circulating bet on who can beat him at cards. No one has managed to cash in on that bet. Well, except for a poor guard named Jenkins who thought it was highly amusing to drug Grant before a game. He didn't find it highly amusing when all his clothes caught on fire. So, maybe Grant causes a little bit of trouble. They should be glad that they strayed away from the Judaic devils. No one wants Jobe-like horrors visited upon them. Being lit on fire is far more tame.

Apologies for my immense tardiness. Usually, I'm not this slow, but this past week and a half has been lousy with work. Things should be lightening up in this next week or so. So, I'll definitely be around more.

I hope my character is alright. Let me know if I need to alter or change anything. I wrestled with the idea for a while, and kept changing it. So. This is what I finally settled on.

Triple post, ftw.

I'll have mine up within the next 24 hours. I crashed on the bed at this resort I'm staying at. Whoops. XD

I'm sorry to be a bother, but are you still participating, by any chance? Better late than never, really.

Name: Grant Malik
Race: Djinn
Appearance:
CHARACTER2_zpswg4zuvdk.png

Brief Bio:
Grant is the creation of the scientific notion: "can we actually make the devil?" This thought may have been deeply researched or pondered upon. Though, it is more likely that it happened during a drinking game, or maybe by whoever headed the experiment's child. It was still an avenue they explored.

The basis for Grant, surprisingly enough, is human. Humans are usually vilified as being devilish by creation, or at least that is what the project notes say. In all honesty, it was easier for them to manufacture one than to actually catch one. A pure devil, no matter the theological variety, was quite hard to get samples from as they usually outsmarted those that were trying to capture them or immolated themselves just to spite the humans. So, Grant started out human and through years of genetic manipulation, surgery, and downright Frankenstein-like procedures, became what he is today.

Grant falls closer to being a djinn than a goat-arsed devil with a pitchfork. He has command over fire and smoke. His flame abilities are the least powerful of the two. He's capable of lighting on fire anything flammable with his touch. He can't cause things to spontaneously combust or light water or metal on fire. And he can't light flesh on fire either, he has tried--a lot. His smoke abilities, on the other hand, are near all encompassing. He can turn himself into smoke and use it to infiltrate or avoid danger (though he can't use any of his other abilities in this form). He can control smoke, by thought, though he has to be able to see it He can't just will it on its existence alone. And probably the most frightening, he can alter the density of it making it solid. Grant is also sturdier than most and stronger, but doesn't excel in either of these categories. Usually, creatures built for strength and endurance outmatch him. He's also charming. Well, as charming as a green man with horns can be.

He has no memories of being human, as he was altered quite young in his life, and so he considers himself a creature above all. Grant's the sort that just goes with teh flow. Sure, he doesn't much care for being a caged animal, more-or-less, but he doesn't actively rebel. They don't treat him poorly, and he can torment his guards by being the snake-tongued, not literally, charmer that he was genetically engineered to be. Also, there is a circulating bet on who can beat him at cards. No one has managed to cash in on that bet. Well, except for a poor guard named Jenkins who thought it was highly amusing to drug Grant before a game. He didn't find it highly amusing when all his clothes caught on fire. So, maybe Grant causes a little bit of trouble. They should be glad that they strayed away from the Judaic devils. No one wants Jobe-like horrors visited upon them. Being lit on fire is far more tame.

Well, I'm glad to see something. I'm thinking that this will work. Remember that he is modified to be better than natural monsters. The fact that he was originally human makes it okay, but feel free to boost his powers where you see they need it. I'm thinking the smoke will work well, and that fire, even if it can't ignite flesh spontaneously, will be useful in various situations. Accepted.

@Honor-Sama
@Dipper
@(Echo)

Any of you still active?

Well, I'm glad to see something. I'm thinking that this will work. Remember that he is modified to be better than natural monsters. The fact that he was originally human makes it okay, but feel free to boost his powers where you see they need it. I'm thinking the smoke will work well, and that fire, even if it can't ignite flesh spontaneously, will be useful in various situations. Accepted
Thanks. I was trying to vary up his background from the other characters, hence the human thing. Though, that is similiar to the cyborg. So, I didn't handle that super well. And yes, I have a tendency to swerve hard from OP, so I may have lightened up his abilities, but they can be pretty nasty if used creatively enough. And he can still catch clothes on fire, which catches flesh on fire... so... yay... loophole. I did have fun researching djinn and smoke-related things, though.

Mm. And once again, thank you for being so patient. Like I said, I'm rarely ever this busy, and of course it happened right after I threw in interest for this thread. Ugh. Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.