Dark Insurgence (Runaway/Supernatural RP)

Where do you want the story to kick off?

• At the breakout; I wanna kick some science ass!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • After the breakout; how we're coping with the outside world is more important to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Before the breakout; what's going on in the facility before we break out?

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on the bio now. I decided on a traditional mermaid, but I'm going to modify her to transform in water and still have legs on land. I was also thinking of giving her water manipulation either through an Atlantis connection (like a talisman or something, idk yet) or from an experiment. If that's too straight forward then I'll add some other abilities.

Well, recall that our characters are unnaturally enhanced. So, you could biologically be a mermaid, but there'd be some differences, perhaps significant, between you and a mainstream mermaid. This could be a talisman implanted into you, or genetic modification.

If you're still interested, we do have an opening. Try not to make it too ridiculous; remember that this is a serious roleplay, and that there is a theme to plug into your character.
I am still interested. And awesome.

My idea isn't super crazy, by any means. I enjoy fusing fantasy with modern/future technology. I've played A LOT of Shadowrun. So, nothing crazy... I promise. I will get a CS up here shortly. Thanks! Again! I'm super excited!

• Love
Reactions: Honor-Sama
So, what exactly are the limits to Titus's magical powers? Furthermore, does he shift back and forth, or is he permanently transformed? I like the check forced on him with the computers in his head. It makes it easier for another player to counter you with say, a super-computer capable of hacking other super-computers installed in their head...
He's not capable of, say, magical energy blasts or anything of that sort. It's more of a passive consumption kind of thing, or energy transferral. I figured that would be a neat addition to a creature with mechanical parts-- siphoning energy from the environment to power his cybernetics.

Titus is also permanently transformed. I don't think it'd be very comfortable to switch back and forth when you've got metal in your guts.

Well, recall that our characters are unnaturally enhanced. So, you could biologically be a mermaid, but there'd be some differences, perhaps significant, between you and a mainstream mermaid. This could be a talisman implanted into you, or genetic modification.
Gotcha c: I'll play around with her a bit more.

Reactions: The Philosoraptor
He's not capable of, say, magical energy blasts or anything of that sort. It's more of a passive consumption kind of thing, or energy transferral. I figured that would be a neat addition to a creature with mechanical parts-- siphoning energy from the environment to power his cybernetics.

Titus is also permanently transformed. I don't think it'd be very comfortable to switch back and forth when you've got metal in your guts.

Well, we're gonna have to pull a TMNT and put you in a trench coat in public, then.

Well, we're gonna have to pull a TMNT and put you in a trench coat in public, then.
Yeah, that was inevitable. He's just a very tall hairy dude with an impeccable sense of fashion.

Reactions: neptune
I am still interested. And awesome.

My idea isn't super crazy, by any means. I enjoy fusing fantasy with modern/future technology. I've played A LOT of Shadowrun. So, nothing crazy... I promise. I will get a CS up here shortly. Thanks! Again! I'm super excited!
OMG OMG Shadow run is such a good blend of cyberpunk fantasy. I love that game. I'm trying to get a 5th addition game going in my area. My character is actually based of my decker character lol

You've made the appropriate changes, so I suppose it's fine. It seems as though you have a natural advantage over some of our more cybernetic compatriots, but if you work out an arrangement with them, it should be fine.
I promise not to abuse my incredible powers to the best of my ability. Besides if I giant cybernetic werewolf is charging my normal person body I'm sure trying to hack his limbs would be the last thing on my characters mind.

I promise not to abuse my incredible powers to the best of my ability. Besides if I giant cybernetic werewolf is charging my normal person body I'm sure trying to hack his limbs would be the last thing on my characters mind.

I'm more worried that you'll try manipulating his actions in some grand scheme to kill the rest of us.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Rae
Blah, I'm in struggle city right now and I don't think I'm going to finish my CS in a timely fashion. I'm going to drop out of this so that I don't slow anyone down. Have fun guys!

[QundPyouoraptor, post: 2970615, member: 6383"]So, what exactly are the limits to Titus's magical powers? Furthermore, does he shift back and forth, or is he permanently transformed? I like the check forced on him with the computers in his head. It makes it easier for another player to counter you with say, a super-computer capable of hacking other super-computers installed in their head...

You've made the appropriate changes, so I suppose it's fine. It seems as though you have a natural advantage over some of our more cybernetic compatriots, but if you work out an arrangement with them, it should be fine.

@WitchcraftIsScience, I always find it hard rejecting possible players. I'm always so happy to see people interested in my roleplays, and it's always marvelous to watch them build their dreams around them. Your character is intriguing, and his personality and powers fit the theme of the roleplay. However, the writing level in this RP is Intermediate-Adept. And while I appreciate your enthusiasm and creativity, I've looked over your past work here on Iwaku and I don't think you can manage that level just yet.

I'm truly sorry, because I remember for a fact that I wasn't that great with writing when I started here, but I can't accept you into this roleplay. But I know that you're right for writing, and I'm glad to see you're confident that you'll improve in your English skills. I hope to see more of you on Iwaku in other roleplays.[/QUOTE]

I understand your worries about my writing level, so I will exit this rp.

Thanks for informating me.
Goodbye!
@The Philosoraptor

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: The Philosoraptor
Blah, I'm in struggle city right now and I don't think I'm going to finish my CS in a timely fashion. I'm going to drop out of this so that I don't slow anyone down. Have fun guys!

Oh. Well, sorry to see you go!

Reactions: neptune
Putting a poll up:

When does everyone want to start the RP? At the breakout or afterwards?

Im going to keep an eye on this in case anymore space opens up. Very interesting premise.

Yep.

So this thing's a tie, huh?

Ah, I see. I just saw 2-2. Whoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.