Dark Flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sepdemonium

Dr. Leo straightened his tie and walked down the long hallways. He was in deep thought yet again. For what purpose did he serve here he wondered. It was one of those days where he had forgotten his purpose. He walked leisurely as though he wasn't on a time schedule, when in fact he was. There were many things that had to get done today. Specifically, he had to take care of some things with Sephiroth. Dr. Leo opened his file. He was scheduled to get the weight today. At some point he would have to get that boy up to the proper weight. He was becoming thinner by the day and it was rather unhealthy. Dr. Leo figured that with a little time something like that would get better. He would just have to continue to work with the boy on an equal level. Flipping through his notes, there was also some discussion to be done as well as some prodding. Perhaps he would get somewhere. At least that was what he was hoping.

Dr. Leo checked his watch and discovered that it was still relatively early. He had to admit he had been a little slow to get things moving, however being without sleep had contributed to such a thing. Approaching Sephiroth's room, he knocked three times before pulling out some white gloves and knocking once again on the door.

"Sephiroth," Dr. Leo's voice was calming and soothing, "Are you ready? We have much to do today. You have twenty minutes to prepare and I don't want to have to go and get you."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
@DoomyCakez

'Oblige for the both of us' Meaning Aiden would have to cough up the money and pay for both of them, not like it hadn't happened before. Aiden always had money on him so adding a second meal to his price wasn't that much of a trouble. After all, that's what he gets for being late and trying to be sneaky. Six years and he still couldn't escape Yuu's sight, the man most likely knew where he lived. As creepy as it might have been, Aiden had found a comrade to converse with on the busy work days. Yuu and him were not best friends by any means, but they got along well enough. Aiden didn't mind the other scientists, he knew they must look down on him for acting younger than his age during work. He made friends with some of the less famous boys in the lab, the in-house teachers, and sometimes the Janitor, but Aiden was bothered by the existence of other scientists he doesn't talk with. His own methods seeming to be different than others. Yuu was the only scientist he enjoyed being around, however, Yuu's process and actions brought back memories Aiden tried to hide. "That is what I get for being late. Shall we be on our way?" They had good meals in the cafeteria, and Aiden hadn't gotten sick from their sushi yet so he had no reason to complain. His stomach had relaxed once the smell had subsided and he became nose blind to it.

Aiden moved to stand up, twisting his chair back around with one arm, and lazily moving to his couch to riffle through the many inside pockets for his wallet. Ignoring the fact Yuu mentioned the pain in his face. Only offering his comment of "I'll pass" when Yuu mentioned the subjects head exploding. Aiden had always been a violent child, his sister had often seen him in his fits of violence, comparing him to a tornado. Aiden had the wish of killing when he was angry, it was an all to famous urge he got, to feel someone else's blood running in between his fingertips. It was the same reason which kept him from joining Yuu in his experiments, Aiden was interested in it, but he was worried once he went past his boundary with Yuu, he could go insane himself just by watching.

With his wallet in hand, Aiden turned back to his fellow scientist. Listening in on the words of the younger man, so it was all scientists who had the privilege of choosing the boys they wanted to 'bond' with.
"I haven't gotten any paper with a boy assigned to me. But it seems all the scientists have been getting them, I might just kidnap one instead" If it was required, Aiden would rather do it then get in trouble. Giving himself a nod that everything was in its proper place, he squeezed his way through the door, knowing about Yuu dislike of being touched. Walking slowly enough for Yuu to catch up, if Aiden was paying for the man to eat they might as well be walking together. Aiden shoved his wallet into his right back pocket. Giving a chuckle "I'd hate to come to work knowing you killed another boy, Yuu. Best be careful with this one, Corporate says they are rather irreplaceable...Corporate doesn't know shit about whats irreplaceable and whats not." The last part was mostly for Aiden's own mind, everything within reason was replaceable, even humans, no matter how special their abilities are.

• Love
Reactions: DoomyCakez
~Yuu Nozomu~
@Leucothea

When Aiden offered to leave, the smile on Yuu's face seemed to grow until it was almost touching the apples of his cheeks. He watched the man intensely as he rose up from his chair and move to his couch fishing for his wallet. He could see the discomfort on his face when Yuu had mentioned the pain and his eyes narrowed. He would have to pick at that spot for a while until he got him to crack. He gave a small chuckle when Aiden said "I'll pass." His expression looking slightly disgusted. Yuu knew he did not wish to see the horrible things he did to both humans and animals alike. He knew he was a monster, but in his mind, Yuu saw himself as a brilliant scientist with wonderful ideas to offer the world. If he killed a couple dozen people along the way, did it not matter as long as he saved the masses. "Suit yourself, Dr."

He was thinking hard on that his face growing rather dark until he felt someone moving towards him. His eyes shot up in that instant and he quickly moved back, his eyes widening with sudden horror as he grabbed the collar of his shirt, tugging lightly at it. He backed away to the wall, giving Aiden a wide birth as the man stepped through the door and started down the hall. Yuu watched him for a moment and let his breath settle before he stepped off after him. For those that did not know Yuu, he was deathly afraid of being touched without his permission; as if he was going to be dirtied by an unwelcomed hand.

Walking down the hall, he stayed exactly 2 steps behind him; far enough to be out of reach and close enough to speak with out having to be too loud. Yuu slid his hands into his pockets, hunching slightly and keeping his eyes ahead. He was a little shaken up from how fast Aiden had moved towards him, even though he would never let the man know. When Aiden spoke, the same smile crept back onto Yuu's face as he commented.
"Kidnapping? My my, aren't the sadistic one today? I do agree with you though. I find it..unsettling that they will not give me another boy yet...I had so many ideas too." These "ideas" Yuu was talking about envolved cutting open his boy and possibly removing each organ to see how long he could live. The idea was perfect...if only he could get clearance for it.

"I'd hate to come to work knowing you killed another boy, Yuu. Best be careful with this one, Corporate says they are rather irreplaceable...Corporate doesn't know shit about whats irreplaceable and whats not." Yuu's eyes shot up and he glared silently at the back of Aiden's head. He almost hissed his response, sudden anger seeming to build up in him. "That...filth only died because he was weak. The weak have no right to remain in the world of living." He meant every word he said. In his mind, the weak were no better than pests, cluttering the world with their retarded filth. His glare continued, but his voice softened slightly and he added. "If this boy is strong, he will not die." Yuu glanced at the wall then as they walked, maintaining the perfect 2 feet from Aiden's slightly taller form. The rest of Aiden's comment came to Yuu's mind, however, and he swiftly added. "Everything is replacable. Don't let those idiots in corporate tell you any different. They are nothing more that sacks of flesh and bone..and when I am done with them, they will still be flesh and bone. When they leave the facility they will be flesh and bone and when they die they will be food for the maggots. It's life. These...boys...are only special because they are all genetically unbalanced, something that many have come to know as mutated. Why call a mutation "special". In my eyes, they are freaks. Nothing more nothing less." He had said this the entire time with a sadistic grin on his face, his eyes staying glued on the back of Aiden's head as if he was trying to burn a hole in them with those icy blue orbs. When he finished, he let a small chuckle escape his lips as he brushed more hair out of his face. He wondered how Aiden would respond.

@Quiet Musician

Sepiroth slowly rubs his eyes, slumping down a little in thought. 'maybe I'll just skip the shower again,' he thinks flatly, he hasn't showered for a week.. and he really doesn't care, Sepiroth has long since got over vanity. He wonders who will see him today, which doctor. Sepiroth hopes it's Leo, he likes the man's professional attitude and doesn't feel intimidated by him. Unless he starts asking questions, then Sepiroth will fall into silence that's even worse then normal. He sighs softly and wraps his blanket a little more around himself, he can't get fully dressed until he's told what to wear. So he's resolved to make do with what he has.

Sepiroth flinches when he hears his name being called, and then relaxes when he realises that it's doctor Leo's. He walks over slowly to the door and opens it a little, peaking out before opening it fully.

Sepiroth smiles a weak yet flat smile that doesn't reach his eyes before looking down, he says quietly. "..I am ready to go, now.." his voice is very soft and more often then not, monotone. He doesn't like looking at people without their permission, it's more like a formality that's being drummed into him then an act of shyness. "you must have drawn the short straw to get me, doctor." he says with a weak laugh.

@DoomyCakez

The statement made Aiden think, Sure he was sadistic at times, but never to the point where he would act on it and really kidnap a boy. He would just wait until a boy was free before he could make his move on one, there are more than 10 boys in the labs, some less famous then most. Perhaps he can find one of them and that way he wouldn't need to worry about the newcomers and the current boys he sees venturing the halls and dirtying the showers. He could smell the food lingering into the halls as him and Yuu walked. Yuu had mentioned Aiden being sadistic and it clung in his brain, Aiden had no reason to lie "I have my days." Often his anxiety led to anger, and often it pushed him to the limits.

Aiden felt the stinging, felt Yuu's eyes pierce into his skull like daggers. He sighed softly, feeling those glares too often for him to feel anything about it. Aiden's face formed into his famous one of uncaring, this was one of the times him an Yuu clashed on topics. Yuu thought every human was a waste until they proved themselves and Aiden thought humans were made for a distinct purpose or reproduction. These boys they both dealt with were mutated yes, but they led to the enhancement of human evolution.
"That may be so, but we wouldnt be here this present if our ancestors gene mutations hadn't separated us into another lineage of our own. Mutations have made us what we are, without the mutations of certain genes we wouldn't have been born. Our lineage or rather, our existence rests on the known fact that we were mutations. Even now, as more of us are made, we will hit a mutation which will evolve us even further into the future. These boys, these "Sacks of Filth" as you call them will lead us into further evolution of our species or even make a new one. Even now as we speak, one cell in your body could be holding the DNA of a foreign mutation which through Mitosis is now splitting, growing, enhancing, into something which will lead us to evolution once more. You may see them as freaks, but then again... Aren't we all?"

The cafeteria wasn't as empty as Aiden would have liked, but the sushi bar was open and thats where he was headed. Giving a short look at Yuu his hand moved to pluck his wallet from his back pocket. "I'll meet you at the register friend" Aiden thought him and Yuu were friends, not very good ones but the fact that Aiden rather enjoyed Yuu's company and rather, his crazy rambles made Yuu a friend. The Cafeteria was mostly empty, except for a few taken tables of white coats talking about work or their child's birthday parties. Luckily Aiden's table wasn't taken. The cherry oak round table rested closely to the corner of two wide windows out looking the area. Aiden's first stop was the sushi bar, where a man waited lazily for some requests.

• Love
~Yuu Nozomu~
@Leucothea

Yuu laughed at Aiden's comment, leaning against the wall for support as his face reddened and tears bubbled on the edges of his eyes. He leaned forward slightly, grabbing his waist as he laughed harder. In his mind, what Aiden has said was pure nonsense. Yuu was not a mutation, he was perfect in everyway. Nothing was wrong with him and for someone to even try to tell him that there was was almost pathetic. He liked Dr.Aiden, however. Straightening, he wiped a single tear from his eyes but seemed to have a problem getting himself under control as he giggled. "You continue to interest me more and more Dr. I find it almost cute how you wish to perfect the human race. how can you perfect something that is fucked up beyond repair?"

He sadly did not recieve much of an answer as Aiden turned to him and held up his wallet, a slight smile on his lips. "See you at the register." With that, the man turned and left Yuu standing by the entrance moving by the sushi bar. Yuu stayed where he was for a moment and simply looked around. His laughter had caused a couple of doctors to look over his way, but when they saw who it was, they seemed to turn back to their meals with cautious glances. This was how it usually was for Yuu. Most doctors thought of him as insane and did not associate themselves with him or were too frightened to even speak. There were those exceptions, however. Aiden had been one of the latter, but Yuu had pushed him more and more until now. There was also Dr.God, who Yuu found most interesting. The man wished to call himself God? Yuu would like to test that, but still did not know how to go about it. There was also Dr.Lucien, who shared the same likes that Yuu did, mainly surgery and torture. Yuu almost found the man delicious, but was slightly worried about his health. The man was losing his mind.

Yuu gave another chuckle and let his eyes fall on Aiden's table. He rather enjoyed the table, getting a good view of the grounds and such, but he had to admit that the sun was slightly intense there. He turned slightly and looked around at what food he would eat. Shrugging, he moved to a random line and got something he had never had before. he picked out a chocolate cake and ice cream from the dessert section and moved to the register, waiting for Aiden. The man did say he would pay, so Yuu had no problem with waiting for his free meal.

Reactions: Leucothea
Darkness, complete and impenetrable, enclosed around him like heavy fog, pressing in on his chest and forcing air from his lungs, broken only by the tiny little red light of the camera he knew was always watching. Too small for him to use efficiently, likely taking days of effort just to siphon enough red light to produce any effect, and making sure that any attempt to use his powers would be spotted, as it was right next to the lens. Besides, it wasn't as though he really wanted more light. Well, that wasn't true. The darkness was oppressive and suffocating, sending him into panicked hysteria on more than one occasion, but it was necessary. His powers were tempting, too tempting, and darkness was the only way to remove all temptation. No, he hated the dark, but he relied on it. The dark was safety and terror, and he clung to its sheltering, oppressive embrace. Isaac lay in the dark room, staring tensely into the dark, waiting in silence, counting his breaths. Was it morning yet? Was morning on its way? Should he try to sleep again, or wait as patiently as possible to be woken? This was always the worst parts of his night, the guessing of time. He'd been punished severely once, years ago, for waking and pacing his room in the middle of the night. He'd thought it only a few minutes, perhaps an hour, before the wake up call would call him out of his cage. But the scientists didn't care then, and likely wouldn't care now. Lights out meant lights out. Curling in tighter on himself, the young boy waited, tense and uncomfortable in the silence.

He wasn't sure how long he laid there, staring at the voided nothingness around him, when suddenly, mercifully, the speakers connected to each room blared to life. The morning alarm, the customary wake-up call to all the boys in the facility. He was on his feet before the order to wake had even finished, feeling around in the darkness for the dresser. His room had no lights in it. Saved the facility from having to build him a cage, should he get out of hand. There was an audible hiss as the electronic lock on his door was released. It was unnecessary, as Isaac had long ago made peace with the idea of never leaving the lab again. Still, whatever locked him in also kept most everything else out. Fingers touched the wooden surface, opening drawers in quick procession. His clothing was so similar to each other, it wouldn't matter what he grabbed, as long as he grabbed one of each. Gathering all he needed, the young man felt his way to the door. Slowly, he pulled it open, letting a crack of light into the room. The sudden assault of colour and brightness made his eyes sting, squinting hard as he forced himself to continue to open the door. He could hear voices down the hall, likely some of the other boys already awake and getting ready, or doctors waiting and ready to snatch up their test subjects for the day. If he was lucky, and quick, he could get to the showers without running into anyone too terrible. Clothes clutched tight to his chest, he darted out into the hall, heading down towards the showers. He was thankful to notice the voices growing quieter as he went

The shower, however, wasn't completely empty as he had hoped, one other occupant busy with his own morning routine. Zaide, he believed. How sad was it that he still didn't know all the other boys by their names after four years? Maybe it had something to do with the experiments the scientists preformed on him, messing with his memory somehow. Mumbling a small greeting, he forced himself into the shared space, keeping his gaze lowered and focused on the ground as he fought down the desire to bolt from the room. Yes, it was embarrassing showering with others, but he was already here. It'd be even worse to simply run out now. Besides, he'd been doing this for four years now. Surly that was long enough to stand showering beside someone? Setting his clothing aside in a dry spot, he stripped out of his pyjamas, choosing a shower head a bit aways from the other boy, began to clean himself. There was no enjoyment in the action, scrubbing his skin red and raw with the soap as quickly as he could. The shampoo was in and out of his hair in record time, blinking suds out of his eyes as he reached for a towel. Hair dried first, moving down across his body, before covering himself up again with clothes. Even covered again, he could feel the blood pooling in his cheeks, burning red in embarrassment. Gathering up his discarded clothing and dirty laundry into the proper hamper, he cast a last glance over towards Zaide, smiling sheepishly.

"I'll, uh, see you at breakfast, Zaide. Or whenever…"

With that, he slipped out of the shower room, letting out a deep sigh. That went well enough, he supposed. Now, time for some kind of breakfast. He darted quickly down the halls, nervously glancing at each and every office door he passed, willing them all to stay shut and locked. Just let him get to the cafeteria unscathed.

Zaide hadn't been expecting someone else to come by the showers; perhaps he was in there longer than he thought.. He leaned his head into the water to remove the cheap shampoo within it, his hair becoming more lustrous than before after being properly cleasned. The purple haired man refused to look over at the other, obviously embarrassed by sharing the showers. Even after being there for a long time, he wasn't used to showering with other people. It was still so foreign to him, but could it really be helped? He wasn't a very outgoing guy.

The other man had spoken about seeing him whenever, and he quickly said his goodbye before he left. Perhaps the other was just a little bit more... socially awkward as one would call it? Whatever the reason, he really didn't appear to be the talkative type of person. The blush he had seen on the other's cheeks were most likely out of embarrassment. Zaide turned off the water after cleansing his skin and quickly dried himself off with the thin towel he brought. Afterwards, he dressed into his clean clothes, gathered his belongings, then set the dirty ones in the proper dirty hamper. All that was left was to go to breakfast, but he didn't trust the food at all. He decided to head towards the cafeteria, very much hoping he didn't run into anyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cohen lied in bed, gazing up at the ceiling with no will to get up and go out. He would only be surrounded by the darkness if he went out there. But... Perhaps he could go out and keep close to another person in the facility? The white haired man wanted to stay close to another person; he just felt better around the other boys. It reminded him that he wasn't in this alone. That he wasn't the only one going through these painful experiments. The boys could relate to him, which was why he liked to be close to them. He would never cling to their person and hang on for dear life though, it wasn't right to do something like that. The young man sat up in his bed and pushed the covers off of him. He had showered the other evening, so his hair was still a clean shade of white. He stood up and began to get dressed in everyday clothes. Today was going to be a long day, but all he hoped was that he didn't catch sight of blood.

Across the cafeteria, at a small table in the corner, Dr. Lucien stares at a small notepad, covered with different colored cursive. With his right hand he jots down notes in small scawl, his pen sliding across the paper as fast as humanly possible. With his left he stirs his now cold coffee, the plastic stir occasionally rattling against the edges. This wasn't an unusual sight, as it was common for the doctor to get so sucked into his work that he forgot about his meal or drink. Of course, it wasn't that he was passionate about his job. He couldn't care less about furthering the progress of the lab. He only served to satisfy his own purposes, and saw the lab as a tool to do just that. Working at the lab was more interesting than working on his own, with the collection of unusual boys to experiment on. It was also nice to be surrounded by other brilliant minds, always buzzing with thought. In such a setup, Lucien could know the answers to any question he could ever think of. Which, to the curious young doctor, was essentially heaven, though it was obvious which he would choose if he was given the choice.

The sound of laughter pulls Lucien from his stupor, and he sets down his pen, turning his head in the direction of the noise. His eyes flicker onto the face of Yuu, and he grins, pushing himself up from the table. Of all the scientists here he liked Yuu the most, finding him both familiar and fascinating. With a small grin he grabs his notepad and pen, sliding the blue, plastic tool behind his ear. He lifts his coffee mug with his left hand, the stir still swirling in the dark brown liquid. He pushes his chair in with his knee before striding to register, his grin turning into a small smirk as he approaches Yuu. "Do you mind if I join you two?" He asks, gesturing towards Aiden and the table by the window.

Tristan signed softly as he made it to the cafeteria without either of the doctors having noticed him. Once he had gotten his food he found an empty table as far away from the scientists as he could get and sat before beginning to eat. He looked down at his rather meager fair, his bi-colored eyes flickering from his plate to the plates of the scientists. They paid for their food, so there was much more variety and the quality at least looked and smelled better then the food that he and the others were usually fed, though it wasn't exactly poor quality food either. "It reminds me of what others have described as 'school lunch food'" he said more to himself then to anyone else who might have overheard him. He took a bite of what were probably instant potatoes and watched as people entered and exited the cafeteria. He cringed when he saw Aiden and Yuu enter and tried to make himself seem as small as possible. Aiden he didn't mind so much, but he really didn't want to gain Yuu's attention. He had heard rumors of that man, and given his healing abilities, he knew that he would probably be of interest to the insane man.

He visibly relaxed when both men sat on the other side of the room, near the windows. He wondered absently how Malik's day was progressing with 'Dr. God' and wondered if he would be called upon to heal the other boy at some point. There were days, when he hated his abilities, especially when he was feeling overly suicidal, but at the same time, he was able to help the others when the scientists were done with them, at least healing their bodies even if he couldn't heal their minds. It was a double edged sword for the dark gray haired boy.

Rein frowned as he walked into the cafeteria, unhappy to see so many people. Perhaps he could have avoided this, if he had just ran there. But the chances of him successfully running anywhere were about as slim as the chances of him growing a second head. Deviating even slightly from his normal walking speed left him out of breath, so running was unimaginable. His eyes darted around the room as he walked to grab his food, feeling self-conscious in such a full room. Still he doesn't let his anxiety show, returning to a cold scowl as he walks to the table Tristan is sitting at. He'd rather sit by himself, but this table was the farthest from the scientists. Besides, Tristan provided a small sense of comfort, seeing as Rein trusted the older boy. He sits on the opposite side of the boy, as far away as he can manage without falling off the chair. He doesn't say anything to him, instead staring at his knuckles, still white from clenching the tray so tightly.

Aiden wasn't paying much attention to what was going on around him, not that it mattered, scientists came about all the time to converse and eat. He waited for his sushi, grabbing it and frowning slightly once he noticed the cafeteria had gotten fuller on his wait. His eyes lingered to Yuu and Lucien, and his encouragement of having a nice lunch was lowered. His steps boomed in his ears louder than they should have been as he reached the register. He was fine with both doctors, but having them both together made him uneasy. He didn't want to sit there and listen to their talk of dissections and insanity. Aiden might as well make an excuse and eat silently in his office, where he could finish his paperwork. But he was going to be nice and not bail around tll he payed for Yuu's food like he said he would. He owed the scientist that much. "Of course" Aiden faked a smile and payed for his and Yuu's food. Then he heard it...

His eyes darted to the flatscreen above one of the tables, its corner of the wall showing the latest news. Aiden squinted to see the headline at the bottom while the anchorwoman spoke. Just this hour there seems to have been a mass murder outside Cafe Orange. Ten people were killed and two women were fatally injured. The lights went out due to the powerline breaking days before, reports are saying it was an animal attack and the animal control have not found the animal but they do say it had the attackings of a big cat. If you happen to see this animal you are to alert the police at once, do not try and catch it yourself. Aiden's heart dropped in his chest. That was big cat, not where the lab was and not where Aiden lived, it was city, if anyone saw a cat it would have been brought down quickly. Ten people, no big cat would attack ten people, unless..... It wasn't a cat.

Aiden's phone vibrated in his pocket, the look of hidden panic on his face as he answered it, not saying a word before a boys came through the phone. Shaken and weak as if he had been crying "Aiden..... help... It was Allen..I couldn't stop her she just.... they are all dead.... Aiden....I'm sorry" Aiden swallowed hard. Jax. His eyes flickered back to the television, the police had put up lights to see the bodies, darkness, thats the only way Allen would have attacked. "Jax where are you? What happened to Sarah?" his voice pleading to get an answer from the boy. "At your house.... the garage, I- I couldn't get in" The next face shown was the foster mother, Sarah Randall, the woman who had adopted Jax as a boy. Her blonde hair caked in blood, the horror in her brown eyes. Aiden tried to keep his face composed in front of the other scientists but it was crumbling. "Shit. Stay in the light, and stay the fuck away from my horse I swear on my life Jax, you touch that animal..."

Well shit, he wanted and excuse to leave and he got one. Aiden payed for his and Yuu's meal as quickly as possible, grabbing a bag of gummy worms which rested on a rack by the register. His heart beat faster. "It seems I must be on my way chaps, something has come up. We'll have lunch together some other time. See ya" Aiden took his things and ran, the sushi container pushed against his chest and the bag of gummy worms in his hand. He needed to get home, the thumping of his feet as he ran, nearly running into the wall as he tried to turn the corner. Sure he had made a giant panicked scene. He might never get away from those questions.

• Love
He had barely taken a step into the cafeteria, before he was nearly barrelled over by Dr. Aiden, stumbling back into the wall, out of the way, as the man took off down the hallways, his footsteps hitting hard like thunder on the linoleum floors. Isaac watched the man as he went round the corner, wide eyed and startled by the upset to his normally calm mornings. Slowly, he righted himself, smoothing out the wrinkles in his clothes in an effort to calm himself. Something must have gone seriously wrong if it had gotten one of the scientists so frazzled. Was there some kind of commotion going on in the labs? That seemed pretty likely, but wouldn't there be some sort of alarm going off if that was the case? It didn't really matter anyway. The scientists wouldn't divulge any information if there was a crisis. At most, they'd maybe evacuate the boys, but even that seemed unlikely. More reasonably, they'd be forced back into their rooms, left to wonder what had happened. Taking a breath, his heart returning to a normal rhythm, Isaac gingerly stepped into the cafeteria.

All that calm he had managed to gain back was instantly gone as he spotted the two scientists sitting by the window, a shot of terror running straight down his spine, mingling with not a small amount of hate. Yuu. Why, out of all the people that could have been there that morning, why him? And not just Yuu, but Lucien as well. Every synapse fired, screaming at him to turn around. Food could wait until a later time, when two psychopaths weren't sharing a meal in the same room. It wasn't as though he hadn't missed breakfast before. Despite the protests of his mind, he found himself heading towards the stack of trays, holding it out as today's mystery was scooped in heaps on top. Casting a glance around the cafeteria, he spotted Tristan and Rein sitting off in their own little corner. He could go join them, he supposed. Would he be intruding if he did? Most of the boys had been here far longer than himself, and knew each other fairly well. Even after four years, he still felt an outsider among them. Still, it was either sit with them, maybe intruding on their space, or risk sitting closer to Yuu and Dr. Lucien. A sheepish smile slid back on to his lips as he headed over to the far table, setting his tray down across from Tristan.

"Mind if I sit with you?" he asked, waiting for an answer before he sat down fully.

~Yuu Nozomu~
@Leucothea @Karo @Lucian Ravenscar @WitchesRayvyn

"Do you mind if I join you two?"

That voice. That simple, slightly deeper than Yuu's voice, with a slight hint of cigarettes and sarcasm. That voice with a light chuckle on the end like nothing more than a gentle chime in the wind. That voice filled with Sadism. Yuu knew that voice all too well and from the sound of the plastic stirrer gently scraping against the coffee mug, Yuu knew he was completely corrrect. He turned his head then and smiled at Dr.Lucien, his eyes sparkling with all sorts of mischief and insanity. "Finally, someone I can have a real conversation with! Of course I don't mind you joining, Dr. Unfortunately I am not sure if-"

"Of course." That caught Yuu off gaurd. He turned slightly and stared at Aiden with an odd expression. He never enjoyed sitting with Lucien and himself. Hell, Yuu could see the panic and fear written all over his face...wait. Yuu had not caused that panic, and that was...annoying. Aiden's eyes stared up in horror at the tevelvision, where the anchor lady was ranting about some murder of sorts. Yuu was not really paying much attention, but he saw how much it disturbed Aiden. His eyes narrowed slightly as Aiden's phone rang and he answered it. He spoke quickly, in hushed frantic words. Even at a moment, his words were harsh and full of sudden anger. Yuu watch that expression, drinking it in with the sudden excitement that rose from it. He had always wanted to make Aiden look at him like that. With fear and panic, like a ferral animal stuck in a trap. In a moment, however, the look was gone and Aiden paid for their food before rushing off down the hall, his massive footsteps sounding like thunder.

Yuu watched where he disappeared for a long moment, his eyes like blue fire.
"Peculiar... I shall have to ask him about that...departure later." His expression relaxed then as he turned to Dr.Lucien, letting a smile slide across his features. "As I was saying Dr. Lucien, I don't mind you joining. Hell I may have to ask you if you will... I have never liked eating alone." He smiled a little more, glancing over his shoulder as his eyes wandered along the bodies in the cafeteria, stopping only when he noticed the boys. His eyes standed on Isaac for a moment, drinking in his look of terror as his expression became almost demented. Oh how he loved to torment these boys, hear their screams as they wither and squirm in agony. It was almost...beautiful. He turned on his heel then and walked towards his table, calling over his shoulder to Lucien before he sat down in the seat that would allow his to stare directly at the table of boys. He pulled his cake from his tray and cut it, taking a small bite as he kept his eyes on them. "Tristian, Rein, and Isaac... 3 interesting cases...Tristian's being one of the most interesting...healing capabilities that I may have to test..."

Last edited:
Tristan looked up at Isaac's question and he smiled softly before nodding and gesturing with his hand. "Sure. It beats sitting anywhere else in this place." He knew that Rein would probably prefer to be on that side of the table by himself so Tristan moved over slightly, making more room for Isaac on his side. Rein still wasn't very social and didn't talk much to the others. It was why Tristan hadn't said anything when the shy boy had come to sit at the table with him. He knew that out of all the others, Rein actually felt a bit comfortable around him and that made Tristan smile. He had been scolded more than once for 'mothering' the other boys, but most of them either didn't have parents, or their parents had given them up, like himself. He didn't mind playing the role of 'Mother Hen' for any who would allow it. Things around here could get really dark and depressing, so if he could make their lives easier, he'd do what he could. "How's your morning been Issac?"

@Sepdemonium

Korin had woken up late again as usual. He looked down at himself and realized he had actually made it to his bed this time. Usually he was too lazy to even get to his bed. Furthermore, he would be spending time with one of the boys today. That was his favorite part of the day. He wondered if he could get one them to break today. He had so many new ideas that he was wanting to try. He had to admit some of his experiments border lined on cruelty, but he couldn't help it. These boys were so capable of handling more than the average person. Korin was determined to learn what their limits were. Maybe when he found out he could study why. That in and of itself would be fun. He thought about it and then realized he was getting ahead of himself. At this very moment, Korin was more interested in seeing what Gladius was doing. Perhaps that dragon boy would be there. That was one of his favorites.

Before doing anything of the sort, Korin showered himself until he was sparkling clean. He smelled like strawberries and mangoes. A scent that didn't quite fit his personality at all. Once he felt like he was properly dressed he knocked and then entered Gladius' office.

"Morning Gladius! I see you're well," Korin said smoothly.

Dr. Leo
Leo watches as Sephiroth peeks out from behind the door. And then like that, the door fully opened. The smile was weak and insincere. It was much like Dr. Leo's own smile. His voice was soft and didn't reveal much emotion if there was one at all. It was proof that there was much work to be done here. Leo shook his head and then he wrote some notes down on his file. Everyone else was eating at this point in time, but perhaps it would be okay if he Sephiroth ate in his office. At least this way he could see him eat something and know what happened to the food afterwords. He would make sure that it digested. He was determined to make this boy maintain a proper weight while at the same time getting to the bottom of his mental distress.

"I have not drawn any straws. I've simply been dealt a good hand," Dr. Leo said in response to Sephiroth's remark, "Come on, let's go get you weighed and showered. Cleanliness is a must in my office. You know that."

His tone was neither stern nor gentle. He led Sephiroth to his personal shower, "There are clothes in there for you. Put them on when you're finished. I will be waiting for you out here."

Gladius turns his steely gaze to the door and smiles. "ah, Korin.. I was wondering when you'd come to visit me, buisness or pleasure?" he asks with a strange smile on his lips. Korin reminds him a little of himself- or a lot of himself. Though he has to admit, he's getting old and his routine's getting washed up.. so he sees Korin as something akin to his successor of sadism, the son he always wanted. Though he'd never voice these words, because that would be unmanly and weak. "I suppose I am doing well, I have had to leave my worthless son alone.. he's very close to totally breaking- which is selfish of him!" the man grunts in annoyance. "and I cannot waste more years simply training a new one like I did him, so I have found a backup toy while Sepiroth recovers." Gladius says as he gestures to Malik, adding. "he has the honour of being my temporary toy!"

Gladius pauses and sniffs the air. "are you using something new in your bathing? I can smell strawberries and..something else, but mainly strawberries." he laughs softly. "how can you spend so much time caring about your own scent? I just have a quick shower, some scent products that my wife would have picked out for me.. and that's it, done! Overpowering smells mask the delightful scent of fear and blood that the boys give out.." he adds as he smiles slightly.

"and how are you today on this strange morning.. Dio has being very quiet as of late, and this morning I haven't even heard a peep. I may have to check on the little monster later.." he sighs. "some boys don't make our job easy with their annoying tenancies." he adds. "do you ever feel that way?"

++++

sepbanner.png
Sepiroth tilts his head as Leo takes him notes, he sighs a little. "you are not going to try and take my weight and make sure I eat something, are you?" he lowers his cold eyes. "because I am eating, I'm just being careful about what I eat.. so I don't want to waste your time.." the lie about eating mindfully slides off his tongue, he's eating very little and doesn't like the idea of eating something in front of the doctor. Sepiroth believes that doctor Leo has the best of intentions, but he still cannot get over that discomfort.

Sepiroth smiles slightly, blushing slightly. "a good hand? You say that now, but the day is still young." he pauses and sighs. "yes, I know.. cleanliness is next to perfection, but that does not mean I have to like it.." he says softly.

Sepiroth nods slowly when Leo takes him to the shower and informs him that there's clothes inside, in otherwords he can't get out of it. "o-okay.." he says quietly as he walks inside and shuts the door behind him.

He carefully undresses and gazes down at his scars, sighing softly as he turns the cold water on all the way. He shuts his eyes as the icy water pelts him, he takes a deep breath as he starts to clean himself. He's vary careful with the circular scar that runs all the way around his throat, and franticly scrubs the other scars as though he's trying to erase them. When he's sure he's clean, he carefully dries himself and puts the clothes on that Leo set aside for him.

After a while he opens the door, carrying his blanket and nightgrown under his right arm. "..I'm done.." he says quietly.

Isaac let himself relax as Tristan gave him permission to sit with them, even going so far as to make room beside himself. Saying a quick thank you, the boy slid in beside the other, resting his elbows on the table. Looking up, his smile slid away, briefly making eye contact with Yuu. He'd moved, it seemed, now with a direct line of sight to the table of boys. The fear began to push it's way forward through his facade, clenching his fists in an attempt to keep his hands from trembling. He hated how scared he was of these men, the irrationality of it doing little to reassure him. As long as he had light, there was no reason to fear any of the scientists. And yet, the sight of these two shook him to his core. He began to draw in blue light into himself, eyes changing to reflect this as the light pooled within them, relaxing as the cold logic cut through the fear. It was a crutch, relying on his powers to regulate his own emotions, but it was just too easy. Logic replaced fear, and Isaac turned his gaze away from the scientists, focusing his attention back on to Tristan. "Mine? Fine, I suppose. Nothing interesting has happened, which is for the best, really." He took a bite of the food he'd been given, scrunching his nose at the taste, or rather, lack thereof. Gross.

Dio inhales the smell of the alleyway, the smell of his battle field. "aw, yeah! This is the life!" he declares with a grin, slinging the baseball bat over his shoulder. He turns his head slightly when he hears the sound of footsteps, and sees the two older boys striding towards him. The boys are taller and broader then him, yet a smirk flickers on his lips. Dio's eyes glint and then narrow as he says. "hi there, fellas! Took ya time, huh?" the boys don't answer him and pull out iron pipes, Dio laughs and tenses his body up. "c'mon! Do it!" he shouts as he charges towards them.

Blood, Dio can taste the blood in his body is bruised. He stands over the second boy and glances at the groaning mess that is the first boy, the battle may have being a hard one.. but Dio won, though it wasn't fairly. "hidden knives work well, huh?" he chuckles and leans down, the second boy's eyes widen in fear. Dio's smile widens. "listen up, meathead! I'mma only gonna say this once!" He taps the boy's neck with the baseball bat each time he speaks out a word. "big men, ain't ya? Pickin' on a fourteen year old kid? Weeel.." Dio's voice lowers to a growl. "next time I hear that the two of ya called my little bro names that made him cry, an' stole what little allowance he's got.. I'll break ya godamn kneecaps, or ya necks!" Dio grabs the other boy by his shirt collar and pulls him up a little. "now get outta my sight, and treat Thomas like a prince..or else!"

Dio sits on a wall, nursing a drink in his hands as he watches the sun start to set. It'll soon be time to go home. Dio's stomach flips a little at the word and he takes a swing of his drink to keep the bile down. Here in the streets, Dio's the alpha lion, the boss of the gangs.. at home he's a punching bag at best, but as bad as that is.. his 'job' is much worse. Dio feels his cheeks flush in shame, gazing down at the floor.

Dio's dream flickers like a fast forward tape recorder. "STOP, WAIT!" he screams as everything starts to move around him. "I don't wanna remember this!"

the scene grinds to a halt as he stands in the park with a knife in his hands, the park's deserted except for him.. and his shadow. Dio falls to his knees, sobbing. "I can't handle this anyone, I ain't strong enough!" the knife glints, soon to be wet with his own blood.

Dio snaps awake, blinking and muttering under his breath. He swings his legs out of the bed and stands up, scouping his stuffed lion up. "c'mon, Mori!" he strides to the shower room, Mori in his arms and his shadow in tow. He quickly undresses and washes himself and Mori before putting his boxer shorts and tank top back on. He shakes himself like a dog, blonde hair flying out in various angles. "meh.. we'll get dressed later, today's a day for slobiness." he grins and carefully rings Mori out. "there ya go!"

he heads to the cafeteria and casts a quick glance around before his eyes stop on Lucien, he snorts slightly and mutters. "damn old coot.." he strides over to the nearest table he can find and sits down, he leans back in his chair and puts his feet on the table. He smirks to himself as he quickly looks around, tightening his grip on Mori.

Tristan tensed when Issac's eyes suddenly changed. He knew this meant the boy was using his powers, and they could sometime be unpredictable. He couldn't really blame the other for his rising level of panic or fear. He had noticed Yuu's movement as well and had tried to ignore the eyes of the purple haired man that seemed to be trying to drill a whole in the side of his head. He tried to repress a shiver, but it worked it's way out anyway, though it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been and his body only shook slightly. He tried to force another smile, but knowing that one of the doctors he hated the most was staring at him kind of ruined mood and his appetite. The look on Issac's face did make him laugh softly, though he still pushed his food around on his plate a bit before taking another bite. "Yeah, around here, the more boring it is for us the better. The same can't be said for the doctors though. When they get bored...." he trailed off knowing the other boy would know what he was getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.