1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Modern, horror, sci-fi, slice-of-life, magical, dystopian, school
Heyo, I genuinely have no idea if anyone would be interested in this, so I'm posting it here. My pitch is pretty much a "magical school" concept (kinda like Percy Jackson) mixed with the aesthetic of HP Lovecraft. Extensive knowledge of his works wouldn't be necessary at all, though! Here are my basic thoughts:

Way out in space, there exist cosmic beings that are beyond human control or understanding (such as Cthulhu). Society at large is unaware of these deities, as well as the strange creatures that crawl the Earth. Occasionally, either due to cultist activities, romance with Cthulhu, or similar, a child is born with a bit of... erm... non-human blood in them. Not enough to corrupt them entirely, mind you, but enough to make their lives very weird--as well as naturally attractive to monsters/misfortune. The RP would be set a two-year New England boarding school for humans aged 16-17.

I also thought that each student could have a unique power or ability, ranging from useless (ex: can puke corrosive black slime) to cool but dangerous (ex: pyrokinesis). A large part of the RP would be students learning to control their powers, fend off horrifying monsters, try not to get killed, and... also do well in their regular classes.

Since this would be my first time GMing anything, I would probably take a lot of time to plot and plan before posting signups, but I wanted to gauge interest before I invest a lot of time into the idea.

Heyo, I genuinely have no idea if anyone would be interested in this, so I'm posting it here. My pitch is pretty much a "magical school" concept (kinda like Percy Jackson) mixed with the aesthetic of HP Lovecraft. Extensive knowledge of his works wouldn't be necessary at all, though! Here are my basic thoughts:

Way out in space, there exist cosmic beings that are beyond human control or understanding (such as Cthulhu). Society at large is unaware of these deities, as well as the strange creatures that crawl the Earth. Occasionally, either due to cultist activities, romance with Cthulhu, or similar, a child is born with a bit of... erm... non-human blood in them. Not enough to corrupt them entirely, mind you, but enough to make their lives very weird--as well as naturally attractive to monsters/misfortune. The RP would be set a two-year New England boarding school for humans aged 16-17.

I also thought that each student could have a unique power or ability, ranging from useless (ex: can puke corrosive black slime) to cool but dangerous (ex: pyrokinesis). A large part of the RP would be students learning to control their powers, fend off horrifying monsters, try not to get killed, and... also do well in their regular classes.

Since this would be my first time GMing anything, I would probably take a lot of time to plot and plan before posting signups, but I wanted to gauge interest before I invest a lot of time into the idea.

I love the idea! I was going to create a post apocalyptic lovecraft rp, but might hold it off. Instead f zombies it'd be lovecraft monsters.

I want in on this!

Hey, that's awesome! And don't feel the need to hold off; it will probably take me a while to get an RP off the ground, and more Lovecraft is always a good thing :)

This reminds me so much of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and that's already gotten me invested. Count me interested ^^

If you don't mind someone new to the site, it sounds pretty interesting to me ^-^

Hey, it is a lot like Miss Peregrine's, now that you mention it! Thanks to everyone who replied to the thread with your interest; I'll send all of you (and anyone else who replies) a PM whenever signups eventually open. Also, if anyone else has additional ideas for what would make an RP like this fun to play, feel free to submit them here. :D

Also: if anyone has a lot of time on their hands, is really into the idea, and would like to co-GM, please let me know! I will admit I'm a bit nervous about organizing a thread myself, whether I have enough time, etc. If no one wants to co-GM, though, I'll certainly try to give it a whirl. I've been reading through some old group RPs for reference, to see how things are typically done and what keeps a thread fun, alive, and active.

Hey, it is a lot like Miss Peregrine's, now that you mention it! Thanks to everyone who replied to the thread with your interest; I'll send all of you (and anyone else who replies) a PM whenever signups eventually open. Also, if anyone else has additional ideas for what would make an RP like this fun to play, feel free to submit them here. :D

Also: if anyone has a lot of time on their hands, is really into the idea, and would like to co-GM, please let me know! I will admit I'm a bit nervous about organizing a thread myself, whether I have enough time, etc. If no one wants to co-GM, though, I'll certainly try to give it a whirl. I've been reading through some old group RPs for reference, to see how things are typically done and what keeps a thread fun, alive, and active.
I would love to Co-Gm this RP! I feel like it has a lot of potential and once more people climb on board it could become a really awesome community.

Reactions: Starbleme
Cool! As soon as I'm done with some homework tonight I'll shoot you a PM, Isomnia.n.

Yay! Let's get this rolling! :3

Reactions: Isomia.n
Definitely interested in this!

This does sound interesting. Though I'd probably want to roll a teacher or something if I could.

Ooh, perhaps that could be arranged! I'll let you know, R-9 Pilot. It could be really cool to have someone play a teacher.

The RP will probably start off with a fairly small number of players, though, so if all the others are students, I'm not sure how 'twill pan out. I would definitely want you to have enough stuff to do.

pretty interested ^^

Poking interest in here because why not? Pardon the lurking with the hearts I put on the op.

Would it be possible to play a student who's a full-blooded Eldritchian?

@daird

I'm intrigued! It seems very possible, as long as the character can interact with others and attend classes. What ideas did you have in mind for a a "full-blooded" character?

(Also, for anyone lurking, development is rolling along. I hope to post sign-ups reasonably soon.)

• Love
Reactions: Kit-n-Kat
I was thinking a character with farseeing powers. She has an illusory human form, and a much more abomination-like form that she needs to be in to use her powers. She actually feeds on sanity, but there's so many students that she just nibbles on each for a bit. They feel weird for a few minutes, then it's back to normal.

I like it!!! Yum, sanity.

She seems like someone that the school (and the feds) would want on their side, so I would definitely give that idea the A-OK. It would be cool to have a spectrum of students ranging from almost fully human to totally monstrous.

Well, doesn't this sound like quite the good time? I'm sure I could come up with someone quite entertaining for this, sure as sure! Consider my interest invested then, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.