Votes: 3 23.1%
  • None, sorry D;

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

GuanYue

Original poster
Hello, I am Dao Ma. My main rp I run is currently on hiatus, and so I am looking to open a smaller group rp to preoccupy my time while I fix up my other rp. I've got a few plot ideas that are rather vague and open to discussion. If you like any of them and want to know more about what I was thinking about it, feel free to hit me up. If any of them seem interesting enough and you want to build it up with me, I'm open to thoughts and opinions. I hope I've got something that may tickle your fancy.

BANDITS
In a medieval-ish fantasy world, you have your generic various kingdoms are fighting each other kind of deal going on. They're trying to bring peace by sending off noble diplomats and sometimes noble children to go live off at someone else's kingdom for some good faith. This story revolves around five nobles from one kingdom that gets sent off to another kingdom. But while in transit, they get stopped by some bandits. Instead of just being robbed, these goons think it's a good idea to kidnap them. So they take the nobles to their base and show their leader their bounty. Their leader, having some common sense, understands that their lackey bandits just dun' fucked up and they'll probably have te royal guard after them in no time. So five of the top bandits in this group come together and try to figure out what the best plan of action is to get these nobles back without being killed on sight.

Playable characters would be the bandits and the nobles, and possibly some of the royal guard + extras. The number of playable bandits and nobles are subject to change, but no more than 5 and no less than 2. It's meant to be a little bit of a comedy and action-adventure type rp.

DEAD END TOKYO
Inspired by this song, the game YAKUZA 0, and a previous rp made by a friend.
In the near future, the presence of Yakuza have increased dramatically, and once again, Tokyo has become a battleground for territory claim. However, there is a small plot of land that remains untouched by civilization. Tucked away in the intricate industrialized streets, is one lot that is the pinhole in controlling all of Tokyo. The Yakuza are closing in on it, but it seems that the owner of the lot is unwilling to move. Almost as if they are an immovable force. On the flip side, there is a corporate business that has been on the rise that seems just as threatening if not worse than the Yakuza themselves. In Tokyo, there's a lot going on and whether you're part of an organization, a company, or someone that's just trying to make it in the world, you are somehow connected to the importance of this lot.

I'm thinking it's probably going to be a little more slice of life, despite there being two (or more) factions and room for civilians. It's meant to be a little gimmicky and not entirely logically sound, but there should be quite a bit of action, drama, and character interaction.

ISE MONOGATARI
English translation: Tales of Ise. Inspirations come from Samurai Champloo, Japanese folklore, the mobile app game Onmyoji, etc.
It's Edo period in Japan, and as peace envelops the unified country, city dwelling increases greatly, leaving several shrines and temples abandoned so that people could do their civil duties as well as make money as merchants or find residence in more heavily sanctioned temples and shrines. Because of this, there has been inauspicious signs of something changing in the world of the kami--hidden from the human's view. But as the nights grow longer and the days shorter, it's one particular shrine that reads the bad omens. They decide to send one of their priestesses to Ise Shrine, however she must travel along the Tokaido road to get there. Along the way, the priestess will encounter various individuals that will join her on her journey. Some may include a ronin, a taknuki, kami with no residences, etc. It is their mission to go to Ise and figure out what is happening, and find a way to stop it.

It's pretty much an adventure rp revolving around about 5-6 characters. They will travel and encounter obstacles along the way. In the end they will find that Amaterasu is going into hiding and must find a way to stop her before she manages to hide herself away in the cave that was supposedly sealed off long long ago.

RADIANT HEARTS
Inspired by a very old rp, mahou shoujo, and a little bit of Fate/series.
This rp is set in modern to near future times. It is a rp about self discover and self acceptance, even the faults and negatives of oneself. I'm just putting a mahou shoujo twist on it.

Can the whole mend the shattered? The warmth of the soul is so radiant.
For some reason, these five girls are special. They don't know how exactly, but they are. Given a chance to mend whatever emotion they feel strongest (loneliness, unaccepted, etc), they each are given a shard by a mysterious figure. The shard shines a color that they resonate with the most. A single yearning wish will grant them power in the form of a shattered soul. A heroic servant will come to their aid to protect them from the infringing darkness, however, they do not remember much about themselves or their purpose other than to protect the radiant heart. Each trial the duo go through will bring them closer to becoming whole-- the girl will grow and delve into self discovery, while the heroic spirit will learn more about themselves. All the while, there are monsters lurking in the shadows. An evil force stalks them, waiting for them to fall into despair so that they can claim their heart. For what purpose, the girls may only find out if they work together. Fight the darkness and take back the lost hearts of their predecessors as well as restore the shattered hearts of their guardians-- this is the mission of the Radiant Hearts.

Winners
1. Ise Monogatari
2. Dead End Tokyo

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a multiple vote buttons? xD I'm up for Dead End Tokyo and Ise.

• Haha
Reactions: Kathairein
Ditto what Unknown said. O: They all sound fantastic, but DET & Ise are my favorite ideas of the bunch. :) ...but I voted. xD

Welp. xD I mean, you have good ideas. But, could still go wtih the majority vote dealio.

I almost voted everything, but went the more decisive route by leaving one out. Everything sounds so interesting and Radiant Hearts has been a craving, because I bingewatched Miraculous Ladybug the other day.

Last edited:
Reactions: GuanYue
I almost voted everything, bit went the more decisive route by leaving one out. Everything sounds so interesting and Radiant Hearts has been a craving, because I bingewatched Miraculous Ladybug the other day.
Radiant Hearts does have a special place in my heart. The original idea was created so long ago but it never got off the ground. I would love to see if people were interested in this version.

:o what's Miraculous Ladybug???

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia
Radiant Hearts does have a special place in my heart. The original idea was created so long ago but it never got off the ground. I would love to see if people were interested in this version.

:o what's Miraculous Ladybug???
Fingers crossed! Because I really do love it and hnnnnng.

Mix anime and western animation together and that's Miraculous Ladybug. It has highschoolers who transform into superheroes with little sprites and evil butterflies that turn people bad. Bonus: frustrating love triangle. Sorta. It is very cute. c:

[spoili]
miraculous-tales-of-ladybug-and-cat-noir-post3.jpg
[/spoili]

Ahhh interesting. I might have to check it out then~

also I might just make RH regardless because hnnng my feels for it right now

• Love
Reactions: Crow and Nemopedia
Isemonogatari or Radiant Hearts catch my fancy. I would definitely join either.

• Love
Ise Monogatari sounds the most charming to me. c:

• Thank You
So far it's Ise in the lead with 5 votes.
Dead End Tokyo and Radiant Hearts are tied at 3 each and Bandits are making their way with 1 vote!
I feel like I'm an announcer for a horse race XD