Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Lady Macbeth, darkred, solid, 10"]

"We will proceed no longer in this business… King Duncan has honored me, and I've brought upon golden opinions from all peoples! Please, let's stop this, my lo–" Macbeth whispered with ill-founded ferocity to the figure bathed in the darkness. The disproving tonality of the man's voice tried and failed to eclipse the chameleonic quakes of hesitation. It was adorable, somewhat sad, that this Thane of Glamis and Cawdor, a man with power and more so, quailed at the sight and sounds of her. Then, from the blackness of a corner in their humble home, a cold, expressionless peal of laughter pierced the soundless air between the figure and Macbeth, cutting his sentence short. "No." Her voice carried not a touch of humanity. The single word was an icicle thrust upon Macbeth's spine. On the one hand, these words were tempting as much as they were wicked—to be the Scottish King forevermore. On the other, fear corroded his confidence like a claymore swung in mists of Cawdor. "What if we fail?" He asked. "We cannot fail."

Without warning, Gruoch, somewhat undressed with naught but a thin veil of verdant, translucent silk, jostled from the corner, throwing her right arm at and around her husband's neck. With her palm, she gripped the grizzled man's hair and brought his nose towards hers. Her left hand, however, clutched a dagger whose blade she drove into an inch before Macbeth's neck. The startled thane perspired unfrozen beads of sweat and his heart raced faster than the drums of war. In lieu of her fingers, she caressed his neck with the tip of the dagger. Her eyes locked unto his, and from then on Macbeth knew that he had married the Devil.

"I shall wine with his two chamberlains. They won't know a thing. Their memories will go up as smoke in the chimneys of their brains…" Gruoch brought the blade below her husband's heart and brushed his ribs. She gripped his hair harder, forcefully bringing her husband's ears to her mouth. She whispered, "… and when the fools slumber like the summertime hogs, you shall commit the ultimate crime. And when the morning comes we, like the other sheep outside our walls, will have tears rolling down our cheeks and we will grieve and mourn and cry for the beloved King Duncan." The dark lovers locked eyes again. They froze in their psychotic position, until Macbeth, with a newfound strength, gripped his wife and kissed her passionately against the wooden wall. "Yes, my love. I will exert every muscle in my body to commit this crime. Go now, and pretend to be a friendly hostess. Hide with a false pleasant face what you know in your false, evil heart." That night, they laid with heated passion, juxtaposed to the cold beatings of their frozen hearts…

The trees swayed and danced around Gruoch, her blackish green robes following in her wake. The lack of her mystic ichor from her body diluted the healthy glow and color of her flesh, turning it ashen and nigh lifeless. The mantle of clouds exhaled wintry winds. To her bloodless flesh, these gusts felt colder… she once pondered on how cold the winds of Lucifer's wings were, and although Gruoch only read about it in the Polis Archives, she asked herself if these winds came close. Gruoch was fleet of foot, and as she sprinted across the deadwoods whilst empowered by her sanguimancy, from afar, the thickness of the trees began to fade away, and only the sands of the palace courtyards could be seen.

Upon reaching the edge, a long tendril of blood whiplashed towards Mordred who, while seated upon the sands comfortably, knew and saw nothing. His guard was down, and this became his undoing—the blood poured forth and wrapped itself, like an anaconda, around the knight. The ichor turned from red into darker red, and from a fast-running liquid into a more viscous one. In this red prison, Mordred could feel the blood seep into the cracks and slits of his medieval armor, but it did him no harm. However, the blood unfastened Mordred's scabbard from his belt, and at once ejected it out into the open. Tomoe saw this, shocked, and as the archer stepped back, the sanguimancer launched herself towards the two…

"You must move faster." The Lady whispered from outside the King's Quarters. Gruoch heard the footsteps of her husband and he emerged with bloodied hands and shivering eyes. Silently, the cowering thane passed the dagger towards his Lady, who then proceeded to paint and smear the blood upon the hands of the drugged guardsmen. Her eyes were filled with coldness and naught more, and they fled and cleansed the premises immediately thereafter.

Whilst in the air, she said. "Where is he!? Where is Macbeth!" Mordred knew what her words meant—she was sure of it. Hearing her name alone that day on Orpheus' dingy made him look tense. At first she thought the knight was simply mad, but now she knew he was only wary.

After he had answered her question, Gruoch neared him so that there would be about an inch of space between their faces. "What did you do to him when you saw him?"

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Mordred Pendragon
061850754X_zoom.jpg
He could not move. How strange. Arms, legs, head still intact. Why couldn't he move? BloodbloodbloodMacbethbloodbloodwitchbloodbloodblood- It's in the blood. It had seeped through the cracks in his armor, had molded itself into every nook and cranny. Gruoch had ensnared him. Frankly, it wasn't very comfortable, nor very nice, of the nice Blood-Witch Lady. Somehow, Mordred felt a strange familiarity with this situation. Was it back during the Saxon invasion? No, he wasn't even born yet. Or was it when he and Lancelot angered the Fairy King? That might be it. How had he gotten them out that time? For all of his mad thinking, Mordred couldn't bring himself to remember.

"It's in your blood, Mordred, darling."

Lovely. You're back.

"I never left, my love."

That's disturbing.

"Says he who ground the bones of men into his bread."

That doesn't sound quite right.

"Says he who raped the wife of his father."

To be perfectly clear, I wasn't related to her.

"Mordred. How long before the witch kills you for stalling? We're talking in real time, you know."

Well, thanks for that. I must look half-mad, just dawdling in the dirt.

"Enough. You know what to do. You've always known, and you always shall. Your power comes not from God, or from your labors. It comes from this place. It comes from around you. It has always been my gift to you. Use. It."

Mordred started slightly in his sanguine constraints as his internal dialogue ended. Gruoch was staring into his eyes with an intensity that rivaled that of a goat. "Have you ever looked into the eyes of a goat, Lady Macbeth? Frankly, it's about as disturbing as how you're looking at me right now. I can't say I approve." As he spoke, Mordred realized he was getting an uncomfortable itch in the small of his back. "Really, how much more rude can one get than placing your companion in mystical restraints? Also, if you don't... mind... Could you get this itch in my back? It's really rather nasty." Gruoch didn't move. Mordred scowled a bit. "I suppose that can be more rude, if you really get down to it."

"Where is Macbeth?" Ah. So it finally happened. He'd been waiting for this moment in uncomfortable silence since they'd set out from Polis. The pieces must've fallen together when Lancelot had outed him, and now little old Wifey the Witch wanted to know where her beau was. Sensible, but how odd that she felt the need to imprison him. Why in Satan's sweet name would she feel the need? It's not like Mordred was dangerous! It's not like he'd leap up and grab her skull and eat her eyes and bash her brains out and crack her bones and flay her skin and kill and kill and killandkillandkillandkillandkill-

"Where is he?! Where is Macbeth!"

Mordred felt it before he could even comprehend it. It rose up within him like a tempest, waves of power crashing into his lungs and heart. When it reached his brain, Mordred shuddered with excitement. It tasted sweet and bitter at once, like the chocolate of the Caesars, and gave him so much strength. It filled him from the core outwards, and with it, he felt invincible. With a shrug, Mordred felt the witch's blood-power slough off of him. How pathetic, bringing her own pathetic magic to bear against the unholy wrath of Hell itself. With a flick of his wrist, he summoned Clarent to his open hand. The blade ripped free of its scabbard and soared through the air. When Mordred caught it, a blaze as bright as the Sun erupted around him, swirling like a tornado as the roaring winds fanned the flames. When he spoke, Mordred's voice boomed through the winds themselves.

"YOU DARE?"
He grabbed her by the stump of one arm, leaving a black mark on the bare shoulder. "YOU DARE QUESTION ME?" Where he stood, the sand crystallized into glass. "VERY WELL. YOUR LORD HUSBAND LIES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE COCYTUS WITH THE REST OF THE TRAITORS AND SCUM OF THE INFERNO. AS I LEFT THE WINDS AND ICE AND SCREAMS OF THE NINTH BEHIND ME, I HEARD YOUR HUSBAND SCREAM FOR HIS LIFE LIKE A COWARD."

The witch, to her credit, stood her ground. "What did you do to him when you saw him?"

Mordred shuddered with every word, unfamiliar with this new power. It felt... right. And yet, at the same time, this power was wrong. It did not stop him from using it. "HE BEGGED ME FOR MERCY, TO BE HIS SALVATION FROM THE TORMENT OF OUR PRISON. AND THERE HE LIES STILL, SUFFERING FOR ETERNITY!" A black-hearted cackle echoed from Mordred's lips, and to his ears, he sounded like the Devil himself.

[fieldbox="Lady Macbeth, darkred, solid, 10"]

The outburst of energy stood on par, perhaps inches greater than her own levels of energy. Indeed, Mordred was Morgan's son. Did Gruoch ever meet her? No… but tales of her mystical might chilled the spines of even the demons that kept Gruoch and the other Damned condemned to the Malebolge. Circe of course was a contender, but the daughter of the False God Helios and seductress had Lust to rule, while Morgan Le Fay, having ever been a daughter of Lucifer in her beliefs, had the Eighth. In any case, the energies surged within and out from the Dark Knight's veins, his voice an unearthly cacophony of different tonalities. The flames that danced and twirled around him were star-bright, and although they were perhaps second or third to the Light of the Morning Star himself, the Damned King and Fallen Lord, the intensity was enough to evaporate the outer layer of Gruoch's tentacles of viscous ichor. The sands surrounding the Lady turned to shards of brittle crystal. Even when Mordred carried the woman she was without fear—a respectable feat. In fact, even with the dark voice penetrating her ears, the context of Mordred's message gave her solace. After cackling, the Knight put her down and the power calmed… and so did she and so did her power.

"Good… That's all I need to know." The color of her skin began to radiate with health once more, as her bloodied arms coagulated back into her very flesh and veins. "I asked not because I felt the need to see him… but to make sure he remains in the Ninth for as long as God allows it. Hopefully, that's forever. Forgive me for restraining you; I had assumed, having been in the same prison for eons, that you knew him quite well. I assumed you were an ally… of some sorts." She looked at the man's eyes. "But I forgot one thing: there is no honor among thieves and traitors. Fortunately, you're here."

She looked up into the castle.

"I guess that's where we're headed." She said, not a tone of concern in her throat. She looked at Mordred, and then to Tomoe. "I know not what lies ahead, but hopefully, it'll help with our quest."

"I hope the others are okay."

[/fieldbox]​

Reactions: The Philosoraptor
[fieldbox="Master Post, white, solid, 30"]

YzjVJXMU_qM.jpg

The waters below, the accumulation of rainwater from the ever-pouring skies of these Isles of Lust, were as cold and as fresh as a clean, melted glacier. If not for the lake beneath the cavern, both the Knight and the Bard would have been gored by the stalagmites below. Lancelot swam, despite the weight of his tarnished armour, swiftly unto the jagged shores. As the Arab's question entered his ears, Lancelot turned his head around. Lancelot stared at the goliath of a man, his eyes locked unto his. [GLOW=BLUE]"I know not who you are,"[/GLOW][GLOW=BLUE][/GLOW] Lancelot's voice had no hint of a shiver, having already been accustomed to the coldness of the Circle Lust. [GLOW=BLUE]"But I am Lancelot du Lac, Knight Captain of the Knights of the Round Table, now Lord Commander of the Polis' Lust Division… But enough talk. You and the bard are allies, yes? If so, we must sally forth. You speak of a witch. I reckon she and our target tonight are one and the same—Circe."[/GLOW][GLOW=BLUE][/GLOW] Lancelot ejected a bloody blade from his wrist and gripped it with an intensity and impatience. The death of Circe, the traitor, was being painted in the canvas of Lancelot's eyes. As Orpheus too, shot up from the water, Lancelot, Qasim, and the bard regrouped in a small circle of three. [GLOW=BLUE]"Her citadel was a second home for us… Her magic gave us a tremendous advantage against Hell's forces. Her piggish minions were the breadth of the army. But now she's stripped the land of all its resources. Truly, only a handful of us turn away from the temptation of power."[/GLOW][GLOW=BLUE][/GLOW]

The Knight of the Lake turned back once more, waving his hand and inviting the two to follow. He turned right and left, and right once more. In spite of the labyrinthian nature of these caverns, Lancelot knew where he was going. The Fungal Arachnids scurried forth to greet and eat them, but fortunately, Orpheus lulled them to sleep with his nigh silent strumming. An hour of exploring later, and the lower levels of Aeaea could finally be seen—the walls were dusty cobblestone, with moss growing from each and every crevice. Chains lay on the walls, with hammered metal shackles on the floor. There were depressions in the floor, perhaps where people were kept for extended periods of time. In the air hung the scent of a wet and nauseating death. There, before the large iron door that led to the dungeon proper, stood a vanguard of epic proportions—a cave troll, with grey, leathery skin riddled with warts and disgusting growths, wearing naught but a loincloth and wielding a chipped stalagmite as a bludgeoning tool. Around its wrists are broken chains, and from its disfigured face, two fangs emerged from its hideous underbite. It wiped its nose with its flabby arms, blinking, staring into the space beyond itself. It groaned as the Knight, Bard, and Warrior hid behind a large boulder. "What's the plan?" Orpheus asked in a whisper, as the three looked on with contemplation in their eyes.

troll.jpg

divider-symbol-beige.png

EN_Liliana_Footer.jpg

Meanwhile, the witch herself emerged from her balcony, revealing herself to the Dark Knight, the Sanguimancer, and the Archer below her. Circe began to caress the railings of her balcony with her index and middle finger, teasing it, making the tiny man from her fingers run sultrily across the railings. Her voice reverberated with an inhuman power. "I haven't had guests in a long time. I've been waiting for you, Ser Knight. I feel intoxicated by your power just by looking at you. Your friend dropped by a few moments ago... now he sleeps beneath this castle." She licked her lips and scorned the two ladies beside him. "There's no room for you two. Only the man will do. Elpenor!" Circe began to dance and wave her arms and swing her hips. The skies reacted, sending a bolt of pink lightning from the imperceivable clouds and towards her hands. The doors burst open, and once more, the gigantic boar demon Elpenor emerged with more piggish sentinels by his side.

pudgy_pig_proof_design_by_light_schizophrenia.jpg

ELPENOR

mutant_piggy_by_d4rkharlequin-d2r0ye9.jpg

chaos_theory_by_light_schizophrenia.jpg

pig_freak_by_light_schizophrenia.jpg

c3476e7dfd6b31afe0d617fcad453daf-d1j67r7.jpg

[/fieldbox]​

9f73cb265a455ae052f4a0cb55bbc555.jpg

Tomoe Gozen
TRzDlAi.png

She stepped back.

There was magic in the air, and quite literally at that. Juxtaposed to Gruoch's witchcraft and sanguimancy was the more physically empowering wizardry that energized Mordred from within... It was no doubt a product, or a gift, from his mother. Having not a hint of mystical power or malediction herself, Tomoe drew her yumi and aimed. The arrows buzzed intensely, thought the rain and lightning muted her crawlers' raucous thirst for blood. Tomoe was ready to take a shot... The thing is, she knew not who to fire at. Both, the assassin and ranger felt, were undeserving of her bolts, as the witch seemed kind and the knight seemed interesting, to say the least. As Gruoch and Mordred exchanged words, speaking the name of whom she never knew, Tomoe continued to consolidate her wariness and guard. Her eyes shifted to and fro, from the witch and the knight and vice versa. This would be beneficial for the three, because as Gruoch and Mordred felt the calmness saturate them, so too did the seductress Circe reveal herself. Tomoe saw her from time to time, with a different man atop her in the balcony... the men disappeared, and only pigs seemed to exit her palace. She knew not why, but the ranger disliked her very being. After tonight, she now had a reason.

As swiftly as the wind, she redirected her gaze towards the seductress and fired an arrow. Circe, however, extended her right palm and at once, a bolt of purple electricity met the arrowhead, incinerating the bolt and every demonic insect that called the arrow home. Circe gave Tomoe a smile, and then a chuckle. In turn, the archer's visage fell into a displeased glower. It was now, at this very moment, that five demonic boars emerged from the gates––an ape-like demon, harboring two mouths; a swine that appeared to be normal, save for its split head; two giant bipedal pig monsters with hideous hooves and tentacles emerging from their mouths; and Elpenor, the biggest, fattest, foulest of them all, harboring the cracked armor plating of a Greek soldier. She looked at Mordred and Gruoch and smiled...

"The first shot is mine." she uttered, firing two arrows at the ape-like demon that howled towards the moon.

TRzDlAi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.