Thalia Melete -- Act 0-3: Reaching for the stars, grasping for an answer.

After Violet had opened the door, Thalia stepped into the planetarium, looking around to see if there was anything of note there, anything that could light their paths. A light she did not find, but there was something of note: Instead of the beauty of the stars, only the darkness of their situation was shown, in the form of a riddle left by Monokuma.

What has legs but cannot walk?
Has a heart, but cannot feel?
Was once loved, but now revolts?
Is silent, but sounds like an army?

Thalia looked at the words, repeating them in her head a few times as she tried to figure out what it meant -- sadly without much avail. It was a riddle, that much was obvious just by its structure. Considering their captors went through the trouble of thinking it up and leaving it here for them to find, it would have to be important too, at least to them. And if the riddle was left by Monokuma, then maybe they should follow Monokuma's logic -- or rather, the Remnants of Despair's. The problem was, what kind of twisted logic were they basing themselves on?

"Legged, but lame," the young woman started to think out loud. "A table, or a chair? But furniture, it lacks a heart, that cannot be the answer," she said, bringing her hand to her chest. "Cornerstone of all emotion, of hope and love, of grief and hate. A heart that cannot feel is but a mockery." The inverse was also true; to feel is to have a heart, like the Tin Woodman from the Wizard of Oz. Of course, that was exactly the opposite of what the riddle was asking for, so that couldn't possibly be it. ...That said though, who said the riddle was even talking about a real heart, considering the legs too seemed to be metaphorical?

"Loved, now loveless, revolter or revolting? One coin, two sides; which one do we need?,"
she continued. "It is silent, yet it sounds; quiet in voice, or in action? Loud in words, or just in name?"

....It was not a happy riddle, that was for sure. But what could it refer to? The general theme was of two opposing things; the answer had something, but was unable to use it. But other than that, Thalia quite frankly had no idea what the answer was supposed to be, or even how she was supposed to interpret the four lines. The most 'logical' answer would be to think like Monokuma, but she was fearful to open herself to despair in this den of darkness. Shaking her head, she turned to her friend in drama and otherwise. "Violet, your thoughts? The question we now know, but what is the answer that we seek?"

@Rithas

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Daz
Endia nodded at Logan, there really wasn't anything of interest here. Then again, maybe they missed something vital, even though they searched the room very thoroughly. She felt a bit nervous, but that wasn't unusual since most of the time she seemed distressed to others. She looked at Hiro, Logan and Lelei. "I'll be going ahead, j-just follow me when you're d-done?" That said she took a short look at the map, memorized the whole thing in split seconds and went ahead to the mathematics room. She was good at memorizing blueprints, another good ability for an Assassin, since it helped when infiltrating buildings.

Masuyo Hayabusa, SHSL Thief, 5th Division
Grifter looked over Chikaki's shoulder at the drawer filled with knifes. Just like she said, they weren't your usual blades you could find in any kitchen nowadays, and what's even more distressing, there were just enough to arm everyonecurrently stuck in this place.

"Man, looks like Monokuma has this place pretty well stocked up, huh? How thoughtful of him to leave us with enough blades for everyone." he said sarcastically as he furrowed his brow and crossed his arms. "I dunno, man, last time I've checked, keeping secrets is a sure-fire way to get someone killed. What if someone eventually finds them without our knowledge and decides to use them for God-knows-what? Or worse, what if one of us decides to shank the others to keep the secret to himself? 'Sides, if shit does hit the fan and the secret finally gets out, then we'll be the ones paying for it. I say we discuss it with the others first and then we'll see what we'll do about 'em." That said, Grifter turned to Alex. "So, you coming? I can't carry that Monokuma on my own, y'know?"

@SolemnOath @the.complex-of-constellations

Last edited:
Alex Riley / SHSL Manager / 2nd Division

Alex went back to looking around the kitchen, as he remained listening to Chikako. Much to his relief, the SHSL Chef saw reason in his words. "That sounds like a good idea. Its far simpler to wait for everyone to make a request, than to make a lot of food an hope they want it. Likely will reduce waste all in all." He stated in agreement as he moved his eyes from the cabinet back to Chikako. At the mention this would be a like a highschool reunion, all Alex did in response was give a small shrug. If there was one thing that he noticed, was the fact he seemed to be the only one of his year to be in this mess. Everyone else seemed to know at least one or two people from their school days, he on the other hand.

Before he could finish any thought, or say something else to Chikako, his attention was diverted by a familiar voice. Looking over at the entrance of the kitchen he remained in his spot as he listened to Grifter as for his help. At the request he couldn't help but raise a brow. "Well, that interesting. Sure I will assist you in a moment. Is there an issue Miss. Kimura." He questioned when he heard her call out his name before calling out for the both of them.

At the mention of knives Alex walked over to them and looked down at the display. Letting out a sigh he scratched his head as he closed his only eye to think. "I doubt anyone would grab them for the time being." Alex said as he pulled out his tablet and looked at the map. "I think for now we should concern ourselves with the Monokuma machine." He said before continuing. "If you are coming with us Miss. Kimura. We can just check this tablet on occasion, its currently telling the position of everybody. If we notice someone comes in here, we make note of that person. When we get back we can check the knives, if one goes missing, well we know who to question." He said as he placed the tablet back in his pocket. "Of course, if you intend to stay here, you can simply watch over them and after this robot is moved, we can discuss on what to do with the blades, the ones that you don't intend to use for cooking."

After he said this he looked over at Grifter as he spoke and gave a small nod. "Secrets right now will do no one any good, though we should still be careful. And yes, I'll come and help, just lead the way."

@the.complex-of-constellations @Aravhorn

Ken Tanaka / SHSL Architect / 12 Division

When Rin got the box cutter, Ken had to admit he should have looked around a bit more before going straight for a box and attempting to rip it open. In hindsight not the best idea, cause opening it like he was suggesting could ruin a perfectly good box. Which would have been such a shame in the long run. He remained in his spot as he watched Rin open a box, one that contained tampons. When this box was given to him Ken couldn't help but raise a brow. "Are you suggesting I'm a girl or something? What am I suppose to do with the-" He cut himself off as he looked at the box before a devilish smirked appeared on his lips. "You know what? Forget it~I know what I could use these for." he hummed as he set the box aside. As one could imagine, he had no intention of offering this box to any of the girls, nah, he had a far more useful idea for them~

As Rin passed Ken the box with towels he pulled a few out and looked at them. "Mm I could use this stuff. Lets see what else we have here before I decide what I claim as mine and mine~" He hummed as he stood up. "First, lets see if there's another box cutter." Walking back to the entrance and looking around, he had to push a few things out of the way. However soon enough he found a second box cutter. "These things are just laying around... Oi Flame, if you find anymore of these." He said as he indicated to the box cutter in his hand. I think we should put them in a pile and count them or something. Not sure if I want to leave pointy stuff for any idiotic child to come here and grab."

After offering up this idea he walked over to some of the boxes and grabbed one. Taking the box cutter, he opened the box before him with ease and looked inside. "I got printing paper over here! Annnd this one has toilet paper, and then there are some clipboards..." He said as he opened three boxes before setting them to the side. "Sure a lot of crap here huh?" He said before grabbing another box and opening it up. "Pens, there are lots of pens in this one, all your standard blue though, seem to be the cheap kind." Putting this box aside he stood up and walked over to another to open it. "I think we should open all the boxes, ya know to see if there are any weapons or more importantly, anything I can use to mess around with. And after wards maybe sort them by what they are? Like clothing/cloth one pile, school stuff another, fun things in another and pointy no nos in the last?"

@the.complex-of-constellations

Hiro Doku - SHSL Poisoner

"You are correct Lelei, I am Hiro..." She looked awkward, perhaps thinking about his talent. He merely continued on, it was not of his concern what little doubts she had. As long as they stayed just little doubts. It was likely people would take his skills in the worst possible light.

"Aside from the obvious utility of the various supplies, there doesn't seem much else here of use. Though we must not cross this out, something here may still come of use later.". Mentally writing down the general amount of everything. Logan cut in by saying that they should explore the Mathamatics room as it had been unsearched so far.

Looking around, his face emotionless. He sighed silently, "I suppose that would be for the best..." He glanced at his tablet, "Of course, not all of us have to go. If one wish to explore somewhere else."

And with that he left, heading to the classroom. Though on the way his eye caught something which made him pause. Leaning into the electronics workroom doorway, he had ot admit he was a little suprised to find a half built monokuma robot. And Haruka, looking like she was waiting for someone.

His question of where Masuyo was answered by lookign at the tablet, as he seemed to be heading back this direction with Alex. He would assume that they had decided to move the Monokuma. He left the workroom without actually saying anything. Talking to Haruka would be redundent due to the apparent meting they would have in the dining room soon. Heading back to the mathamatics classroom, with Endia already there. Hiro gazed around, it held much to it's name. As it seemed to just be an average classroom. Of course, with a few random mathamatical tools placed around as if it bolden that aspect of it's name.

He frowned, though not exactly suprised. It seemed everything so far was taken at it's face value. The building they were trapped in seemed ot just be another fancy school.

He turned to Endia, "Spotted anything useful?"

@Aravhorn @Jun

Violet Theobold - SHSL Poet

A riddle, of all things. Replaced the waited-for stars.

What has legs but cannot walk?
Has a heart, but cannot feel?
Was once loved, but now revolts?
Is silent, but sounds like an army?

She had to muse at the choice of the two people to find this.

A riddle where everything was wrong. Broken or changed. To have legs but not to walk. Incapability, or a trick of the words? She listened as Thalia listed possible options for the answer. As her friend came to her for possible input, Violet looked up.

"Of what we know of Monokuma. We can assume that the answer to the riddle might end up being...

A mocking joke,
A teasing taunt,
A jeer to any of them who entered.

The bear is crude, loving in despair. Fit for the answer to be a corpse. But that sounds little of an army.

Silence?
Incapable of communication?
The sounds of an army, war and fire.
But perhaps it only sounded.
A thing playing pretend.
A falsehood.

To envoke feelings of despair? Or to merely amuse itself? Little we know of the creator, their mind unmapped. Loved...but now rebels, or disgusts? Heart but cannot feel. Heart can be considered the most important part of us. Perhaps that what it means to portray?

Prepared, but not known how many would be present. Perhaps something that all would understand." Violet thought.

"Future Foundation? As if to announce we have no escape..."
She put a finger to her lips. "How would we know if we're right? Or perhaps this is just something to distract our minds..."

@Neobullseye

@Rithas

As soon as Violet's question left her lips Monokuma popped up. "I'll let ya know when you get it right, and award you your prize!"

Lelei watched everyone else leave the room one by one, standing in the corner awkwardly. She wasn't really sure what to do now, she doubted she could really be very useful in any other way. After all this was all she knew, she didn't even know how to interact with people well. With a soft sigh she took out her little electronic device and began looking through it. She went onto the map, her eyes scanning it and all the names popping up in the different rooms.

She decided to make her way to the physics classroom, check out the equipment there. She wondered if it would have any more elaborate things used for classroom experiments. Walking out of the medical room, closing the door behind her and slipping her little tablet back into her lab coat she headed for the stairs, keeping on eye out on anything that might look abnormal. However she doubt anyone would find anything. This was probably all organised to the last detail, like the previous games... Everything they find, Monokuma will have wanted them to find, just to make them feel like they're getting somewhere.

She paused in front of the classroom door. No, she couldn't think like that, she couldn't loose all hope so quickly. Lelei took a deep breath, reaching up and brushing her hair out of her face. She had to keep fighting, keep faith in everyone. Everyone here worked for the same goal, to restore hope in this world. She had to keep believing. Lelei entered to room, seeing another person there at the desk. She squinted her eyes recognising them quite quickly.

"Ah... Tomoko.... Sorry, I hope I didn't disturb you.." She said politely, looking around the rather typical classroom. Lelei remembered the girl, the two were in the same class after all.

@Daydream Heroine

Last edited by a moderator:
Endia started searching the mathemathics room. To her, it seemed like a normal classroom, sadly. She looked into each students desk, but they were mostly empty except for the books and notebooks in each one. She grabbed one of these notebooks, taking notes could be quite useful she thought.
Silently she checked the blackboard, but except for the tasteless drawing of Monokuma yelling at his class, there wasn't anything of real interest. It was discouraging to find so much room filled with nothing. Endia turned around, looking at Hiro. "I only got this notebook for taking notes but it's empty as it seems." End sighed, shaking the book. "We should probably report to that... bossy lady I suppose." She seemed a bit more used to him now, as her eternal stuttering had stopped when she talked to him. Even though it was a fact that he was the SHSL Poisoner, he seemed like a person she could get along with. Endia smiled weakly, going back really didn't make her comfortable. She would rather go to her room and stay there for a while. Sorting her thoughts was still a bit hard, even if she had regained her calm. All of this was so weird and wrong, and as much as she wanted Logan to be right with what he had said about help coming soon, she knew no one would come. It was always like that.
"Hey Hiro." she looked up to him, as she had thought about this for a bit now, it seemed like a very logical thing to her. She had originally wanted to ask Logan, but since it was only Hiro here, he'd be fine too. "Do you think it would be allowed to share our rooms? It would seem safer if we stayed as two." She looked down to the ground, embarrassed about what she just said. "N-nevermind. J-just forget w-what I said. M-monokuma will probably n-not allow it anyways."

@Rithas

Haruka Yukimura, SHSL Special Tactics Law Enforcement Unit, 6th Division
After Grifter ran away from the classroom, Haruka searched through the rest of the room in silence. As she was in the middle of looking through a shelf filled with binders, she noticed her former classmate Hiro peeking through the door and then leaving shortly thereafter. Despite going to the same class in Hope's Peak, Haruka didn't really know Hiro that much, aside from that one time when she had to drag him to the Principal's Office after he put some laxatives in the food during a school trip..but only after Haruka gave him a "friendly example" on how police brutality looked like after catching him red-handed.​

One by one, Haruka looked through each binder, hoping to find anything that could shed a light into their whereabouts. Sadly, the only thing that she could find were pages upon pages of random school documents, and there was not a single school emblem or name in sight. '...Figures.'

Grifter led Alex to the electronics room in complete silence, mainly because they would have plenty of time to chat during the dining hall meeting anyway. As they arrived to the classroom, Haruka was inspecting a binder she had found in the room.

"Took you long enough." she said without lifting her eyes from the binder.

"We came as fast as we could. Do you even know how big this place is?" Masuyo gave a worried glance towards the half-built Monokuma before asking: "Anyway, did you find anything?"

Haruka took one last glance at the binder before closing it and sliding it towards Grifter. "I was checking if there was anything of use in these documents. Just as I expected, they're useless."

Curious, Grifter glanced over the binder's pages: just as she said, there were only exam templates, lists of students whose names he didn't recognise, and some other school-related bureaucratic stuff Masuyo didn't bother to decypher. "Well, at least Monokuma did his reseach with these school documents, I'll give him that much." he said as he passed the binder to Alex in case he wanted to take a look. "Anyway, let's get this hunk of junk to the dining room before it decides to turn on and eat us, or something."

As he said that, Haruka silently hid her head with disappointment as she muttered: "...Idiot..."

Then, after looking at the robot and taking a deep breath, Masuyo carefully put it into a lying position and slightly lifted its lower body. Inactive or not, there was no chance in hell he would ever put his hands anywhere near its head, especially when its teeth looked as sharp as scalpels and could amputate a finger or two if one wasn't careful.

"Alex, if you could...?" Grifter said as he pointed at Monokuma with his eyes.

@SolemnOath

Hiro Doku - SHSL Poisoner

Hiro paused, as if remembering something mildly traumatic. "Haruka can be quite firm, yes."

Continuing to check around the classroom. Hiro was inspecting a copy when Endia spoke again. Hearing her ask about sharing rooms. Hiro slowly placed the book down. "Well, the rules themselves do not inhibit the possibilty." He tapped his finger off a nearby desk, in thought. Before turning around to face Endia.

"However, it would be impratical in the long run. As you said, let's take the possibility of us two sharing our rooms. Certainly, staying as a pair would decrease the likelyness of attack. But we wouldn't always be together, no? Something could happen to one of us in the other person's room"

Or, likely , you murder someone in my room to frame me. Hiro thought.

"The others would assume that the other person would be the guilty. A innocent would be executed, and the murderer would get off free." Hiro sighed, before taking the book back into his hands. "A outcome we must avoid."

He gazed at Endia, looking in thought about something. "A shame, but still. It was a good idea. This is why we must watch over eachother's backs" He put the book into his jacket's pocket. "Just us two."

He looked down at her. "It'll be the same. Except the sharing of beds, of course." Another possible joke, still no smile.

"Now, perhaps we should go to the dining hall to report our findings..."

@Jun

Logan Vickson-SHSL Card Teller
Logan glanced up at the two of them as he wrote down what was in the room "although and this is just a thought, I'd never imagine either of you doing it.. pairing up might be even more dangerous.. being alone with only one other person, gives the opportunity to murder without any worry of witnesses" He pursed his lips and flipped his cards again, the same result temptation, misfortune, danger, upsets. No matter how many shuffled he did that was the future of this killing game and his cards had never been wrong before. He shut his eyes and let out a breath "There doesn't appear to be anything out of the normal, we can head back a report our findings, I'm sure by now most of the other people are checking the last of the rooms" He gave a smile, "besides if we isolate ourselves then that"ll either bring suspicion or if anyone takes the chance, paints a target"
@Rithas
@Jun

Thalia -- Act 0-4: Attack of the monochrome menace

Thalia listened to Violet's comments, making her own mental notes as her friend was talking, eventually coming to the conclusion that the riddle referred to the Future Foundation. For the most part it did seem to make sense, but... There were a few things off. For example, how would the legs-part fit? Unless the 'legs' were supposed to be a 'foundation', thus referring to the group's name. It was a bit of a stretch, but at the same time it was obvious that this riddle's wording was not supposed to be taken literally.

Meanwhile, Violet was wondering how they would even know if their guess was right, or if there was any point to the riddle to begin with rather than just something to make them waste time and energy on. "Good que-," Thalia started, only for Monokuma to pop in out of nowhere less than a feet to the right of Thalia, causing the young woman to jump in shock. "Gaaah! Jesus fuck!," she shouted at Monokuma, her hand placed on her chest. "Can't you knock, you damned bea- I mean... *ahem* Oh, you cruel ursine, why must you torture us so? Do our hearts not yet suffer enough? Do we of Hope possess no eyes, have no ears, own no hearts? If you scare us, do we not jump? If you prick us, do we not bleed? ...And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? Darkness is nothing but the lack of light, swiftly banished by a mere cinder, and he who fights the sun shall surely burn himself."
Shaking her head, Thalia turned back to Violet "It would seem that guess was wrong," she shrugged. "Alas, I must admit I have no other leads. Might I suggest to ask the others, to seek for their opinions too? And we should explore the rest of the building too."

@Rithas
@Daz

Last edited:
Reactions: Rithas and Daz
Thalia listened to Violet's comments, making her own mental notes as her friend was talking, eventually coming to the conclusion that the riddle referred to the Future Foundation. For the most part it did seem to make sense, but... There were a few things off. For example, how would the legs-part fit? Unless the 'legs' were supposed to be a 'foundation', thus referring to the group's name. It was a bit of a stretch, but at the same time it was obvious that this riddle's wording was not supposed to be taken literally.

Meanwhile, Violet was wondering how they would even know if their guess was right, or if there was any point to the riddle to begin with rather than just something to make them waste time and energy on. "Good que-," Thalia started, only for Monokuma to pop in out of nowhere less than a feet to the right of Thalia, causing the young woman to jump in shock. "Gaaah! Jesus fuck!," she shouted at Monokuma, her hand placed on her chest. "Can't you knock, you damned bea- I mean... *ahem* Oh, you cruel ursine, why must you torture us so? Do our hearts not yet suffer enough? Do we of Hope have no eyes, no ears, no hearts,? If you scare us, do we not jump? If you prick us, do we not bleed? ...And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? Darkness is nothing but the lack of light, swiftly banished by a mere cinder, and he who fights the sun shall surely burn himself."
Shaking her head, Thalia turned back to Violet "It would seem that guess was wrong," she shrugged. "Alas, I must admit I have no other leads. Might I suggest to ask the others, to seek for their opinions too? And we should explore the rest of the building too."

@Rithas
@Daz
"Oh I'm awfully sorry for making you jump, dear... Like hell I am! I fucking kidnapped you for a killing game, you think I give a shit about your well-being?" Monokuma chided, baring his claws at Thalia. Mere seconds later Monokuma's rage subsided, switching to a calmer personality. "If you want to explore all of this floor, then you're gonna want to ask others for help with this riddle first. Between you and me, it's a password to- woops, that's classified~." After sticking his tongue to mock Thalia, Monokuma disappeared once again.

Chikako Kimura, SHSL Chef, 13th Division
Chikako looked at the collection of knives again before closing the drawer. "I'll, uh, I'll join you guys. If that's okay." She took out her tablet and started to fiddle with it. Huh, he was right. She hadn't been paying attention to the dots before, but they were all labelled, and a couple of them were blinking as they moved. "Huh, that's useful," she muttered as she followed them down the hall. It... well, it assuaged her fears somewhat. At least she'd see anyone coming if something happened, right? Though knowing that someone else could see where you were all the time was... well, it would make it harder for someone to get away with killing someone, right? Especially if you saw two dots together, and then one dot stopped moving for a while? Then you'd know the second dot was responsible. Unless they'd used poison or something. Then you'd have no idea who'd done it. But it still seemed too useful, though, especially if the Monokuma guy really wanted them to start killing each other. So long as someone kept track of the dots all the time. She blinked and rubbed her eyes again; staring at the dots wasn't going to help at all regardless.

The three of them had arrived at the classroom with the one woman from earlier. Chikako checked the tablet again. Haruka, SHSL Law Enforcement. Her shoulders sagged slightly in relief. That was good. She'd help sort things out. Then she turned to the Monokuma... skeleton? Statue? Animatronic-y thingy? She turned to the Monokuma, staying a fair distance away, and examined it, bending over slightly to get a closer look. It looked even more creepy when it wasn't moving. Instead of a sneer, the... doll... was slack-jawed, revealing wickedly sharp teeth. Chikako shook her head, trying to distract herself from more bad thoughts. Holding her breath, she curiously picked up one paw and yelped, sticking her index finger in her mouth. "Ow! The claws are really sharp!" The cut was small, but it hurt. Like a paper cut. She shuddered, thinking about how its teeth were probably worse. "Why is that thing even here, anyway?"

@Aravhorn @SolemnOath

Tomoko Hayashi - SHSL Soccer Player

"You've got to be kidding...." Tomoko muttered. There's no way that the binder's naturally empty; teachers always have their lesson plans in a binder, at the very least. She sighed, then closed the binder. Time to search the rest of the room, I guess....

She heard the door open, and turned to face the person coming in.

"Ah...Tomoko....Sorry, I hope I didn't disturb you.."

It was Lelei, the SHSL Pharmacist. Tomoko smiled a little bit; she and Lelei were classmates, and while she wouldn't say they were friends, Tomoko did get along with Lelei in high school. Besides, out of the people that were here, Tomoko found Lelei to be one of the more...personable of the group. She walked out from behind the desk that the binder was in, and towards Lelei, then stopped about a desk length away from her.

"Don't worry about it. I wasn't doing anything too important. If you want to, you could help me search the rest of the room. Not that there's going to be much in here, but..." Tomoko shrugged. "Where do you want to check?"

"Actually," Tomoko said, thinking, "weird question, but do you remember any of your teachers storing lesson plans or what have you in a binder?"

@MisterJ

Alex Riley / SHSL Manager / 2nd Division

Alex walked with the other in silence as he now had his eyes on the tablet. Not to check to see if everyone was where he last saw, but to see if there were any other useful features about them. 'Why would a tracker be given to us? Is it to help people hunt? But if someone is keeping constant surveillance how would one go about killing without being caught outright?' He wondered as he rested his free hand on his chin as he was now thinking about the possibilities of how this worked. 'Seems it gives us a better chance on catching someone. Or does Monokuma think we wont watch these things?' After a moment he had to look up as he noticed a binder was being handed to him. Blinking in a bit of confusion he glanced about and noticed they had arrived at their destination.

Putting the tablet back in his coat pocket he took the binder and opened it up. He never stayed on one page for more than a few seconds as he flipped through it all, though his eyes still scanned the entire thing. Despite the speed, he was in fact reading every bit of information that was before him. After merely a few minutes he sighed and closed the binder before putting it down on a near by table. "Nothing of use for us now. " He stated simply before looking over at Grifter and nodding he went over to help but hearing Chikako's yelp made him recoil for he thought the thing had rather suddenly done something.

Looking over at her he let out a small sigh, though it was one of relief at seeing she had accidently hurt herself. "Yes, well this is a killing machine, so be careful Miss. Kimura." He said as he went to the monokuma's head, not fearing it to come alive at any moment to come and kill him. Admittedly he had several horrid experiences with this creature, well not this one, but others. After all, his eye didn't always need a bandage neither did his throat. "If you need a bandage I have some pocket that you can use, and some ointment. Though it really isn't much left when I checked earlier." He said with a sigh, rather displeased with himself due to the fact he failed to get new ointment and bandages before attending that meeting. Sure, its not like he thought he would be kidnapped or anything of that nature. Its just the mere fact he didn't restock on something he needed when he was low, that is what bothers him.

Bending down he looked up at Grifter. "On the count of three Mr. Yukimura?" He offered as he made certain his hands were no where near the creatures mouth. "One, two three." With that Alex lifted his head of the metal thing with a small groan, as it was certainly one heavy thing. If it weren't for the fact someone else was helping this would be impossible to lift, even with help it was anything but easy.
@Aravhorn @the.complex-of-constellations

Violet Theobold - SHSL Poet

As Monokuma came out of out seemingly nowhere, Violet jumped as well. Those she didn't have quite the vocal reaction that her friend had. Though it seemed that the bear had no sympathy on it's actions.

Since Thalia suggested going back to consult the others, Violet nodded in agreement. "Yes, that would be best. Perhaps a different perspective is needed. Like pleochroism, the answer will become crystal clear with a change of view." Though she had to admit, she was slightly disappointed that they hadn't solved it on the first try. Especially due to the fact that it seemed it was the key to unlocking more of the mystery on where they were.

"Let's us go back to the dining room perhaps? If we wish to get the opinions of our fellow people? I haven't...really been looking at which rooms were being explored. So I cannot lead us somewhere new. Sorry." Violet shrugged meekly before beginning to head out of the plantarium assuming her friend would come with her.

@Neobullseye

An announcement bell rings throughout the building, followed by a message from Monokuma played from hidden speakers.

"Night time starts in half an hour, so get to your room kiddos! You never know what monsters might be lurking around the school at night..."

Thalia - Act 0-5 -- The first of nights.

Thalia just rolled her eyes at Monokuma's response to her outburst, not really caring about mostly anything he said. The one thing that did pique her interest was a small hint, one that almost seemed to be a slip of the tongue. Apparently the answer to this riddle was was also going to be a password. A password to what, she did not know, but considering their situation it could not possibly be good. Was it truly wise to solve this riddle? What if their reward was some kinf of deadly weapon? Would that not just add to the danger of their situation? ...No, it would scarcely matter; in past Killing Games, the Remnants of Despair had made sure to provide plenty of deadly tools. There was no reason to assume that theirs would differ from the rule, and so not solving this riddle would not do anything to make their lives any safer. In fact, as irony would have it, having everyone armed might end up making everyone safer, for having the attacker be just as much at risk of dying as his would-be target might work as a deterrent. Of course, none of that actually mattered if they could not solve the riddle to begin with...

Thalia shrugged, then turned to Violet. "Yes, let us do so; it seems to be the most likely place to find some other souls." She followed Violet out of the room. The duo had barely set two steps outside when the announcement bell ran out, followed by Monokuma's voice saying that they all had to go to bed."Oh, you just keep quiet," Thalia grumbled in the general direction of where the sound seemed to come from. "Unlike your normal victims, we're no longer children."
Shaking her head, she then turned to Violet. "It seems our day is cut short. Though I loathe to just lay down, to break the rules for naught a cause would be the height of folly. Let us thus go and rest up, seek wisdom in Morpheus' embrace. ....But first, I wish to see if I can find a book, to write down any inspiration the night might bless us with. Would you follow me there?"

With that, Thalia headed over to the Storage Room, searching for blank notebooks and pen sets. If Violet followed her there, Thalia would give one of each to her too. Afterwards, the young woman headed over to her room.

@Rithas @Daz

Last edited:
Reactions: Daz
Grifter lifted the Animatronic bear with a smirk. By the time Alex mixed up his last name with Haruka's, the latter had already left the room en route to the dining room. "Mr. Yukimura, eh? I fear it's a bit too early for that. I haven't even taken Haruka to dinner yet! Besides, I already have my eyes set on another person right now..." he threw a suggestive look towards Chikako. "In any case, right now my last name is Hayabusa, if you're still wondering."

The trip to the dining room was rather uneventful, aside from the night-time announcement made by Monokuma and Grifter exchanging some small talk with Alex and Chikako from time to time, in an effort to distract himself from the unfortunate situation they were going through. "So, what led you two into becoming the Ultimate Students? If you don't mind me asking, of course."

@SolemnOath @the.complex-of-constellations