Danganronpa: Second Time's the Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Tragedy

Original poster
Welcome to my Killing Game
Hello my soon to be blackened! I've noticed a stressing lack of Danganronpa roleplays here on Iwaku, at least any that are actually having anything done in them. However, I have stepped forward in hopes of starting this fine event.
Knowledge of Danganronpa isn't needed but here's a plot summary for those who haven't even heard of the series.
Now yes i have actually done one of these Danganronpa rps before and this time ill be including Monomi who will be played by @Dualnte and will be my Co-GM as he played in the last game he will know enough about the game to answer questions. Also last time me being new to the whole GMing thing i wasn't sure i could trust people to have more than one character in fear of one of them becoming the killer and the next character automatically knowing, however, after some experience if we're having trouble with having 16 students i may allow some to have a second character
Before we Begin
For those who don't know, Danganronpa is an anime/series of games where high schoolers who are the best in a certain skill, an example is Super High School Detective, are placed in an environment be a psychotic bear who tells them that the only way to escape is to kill each other. This particular role play will have the same environment of the second game, an island where the SHS(Super High School) students will be taking a vacation with the seemingly trustworthy Monomi. Note plots won't be the same most likely as i didn't use Junko in the last roleplay so yeah.
The rules are simple, you will kill someone, once the body is discovered there will be a time limit to search for evidence and then a class trial will begin. The point of the class trial is too discover the killer who will then be executed. However, if the killer isn't discovered the rest of the students will die. Note: associates will not be executed only the person who actually killed the victim will be executed. Oh and also normal Iwaku rules obviously.

How Murder Will Happen
Here's how the role play will go, I will assign a killer privately, or someone will privately ask me to become the killer before I have to make a decision, the killer will then tell me who they will kill in an in-depth analysis of how they killed their victim, what's needed is time of murder, weapon used, what room they were killed in, and where the fatal wound was, any other details you may need to include can be said, the less the more I will make up for you. I will then post in the IC chat the murder and include details which may be turned into evidence. Once your dead you can't come back, you're done, no retries, no continues, you're done.

Character Sheet
Name:
Super High School:
Backstory:
Item taken with you: (clothing obviously doesn't need to be in this, and remember there's no internet so don't expect to be texting your way out)
Face Claim

The IC will be made once I have at least 16 students, I will of course not be a student since I know what is going to happen

I would prefer everyone in this role play have Discord as it can work as an easy way for us to communicate and discuss things going on in the role play and any questions that may come up.

Now that everything is explained, here's the leader of this killing game:
dangan_ronpa___monokuma_wallpaper_by_blubbaz-d6y4sxz.png

"And the waste of oxygen herself Monomi!"
3080e7e25f58cb8340074c0a9d5689e1.jpg

Not for the faint of heart
I didn't think i'd need to include this message but your characters will be dying, not to your own choosing either, so if for some reason you signed up for this and are not ok with the butchering of your character then you should probably leave. I've already had to deal with this once, don't need a repeat of the situation

Registered Characters
Daz/Pahn Teece

Solaresque/Ryo Shinkai
Queen of Null/"Mary" Mariko
Dualnte/Shawn Harrow
Neobullseye/Rin Kanou
Solemn Jester/Salvatore Quattrocchi Corvi
Cabob7/Dirk Stella
Lost-and-Bewildered/Indulf Weinstock
CrewlessCaptain/Emiko Hattori
GrieveWriter/Tinami Malrrokka
Karya/Ryuu Takamoto
Aravhorn/Kenshin Sasaki
Rosedrachen/Soli+Luna
R-9 Pilot/Mado Tsukino
Yun Lee/Megium Umon
Echo/James Hendreson
Seth3828/Seth Thomas Schor

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Vitreus
As might or might not be obvious, I'm in :P

Case you didnt see the obvious signs but im in as well~

Same. Just gotta think of something better than SHSL Slacker.

Name:
Pahn Teece

Super High School:
Photographer

Backstory:
To the world Pahn is a respectable photographer whose pictures can be found in many newspapers and magazines, her skill only greater proven when she was accepted into Hope's Peak. Nobody could be more proud of Pahn than her parents, who believe her to be a hardworking angel. But Pahn has a secret passion: pantie shots. Going by the alter ego of "ShotSenpai", Pahn has a large online following for her blog where she uploads daily pantie shots. Pahn's life ambition is to take as many pantie shots as possible and to share them all with the world.

[spoili]
b9aeeecb706c61b7c5c6584945be6aec28acfc5c_hq.gif

[/spoili]
[spoili]
Posting image. Credit to GlassTrinity.
dskfWO6.jpg

[/spoili]

Item taken with you:
Camera

Face Claim:
Ruri Gokou

[spoili]
5QaJgdq.jpg

[/spoili]​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: CrewlessCaptain
Here's one of my completed character CSes. I'll post up my bassist later~

Name: Ryo Shinkai

Super High School: Deep Sea Explorer

Backstory: Initially raised on a seaside resort his wealthy grandparents owned, Ryo was an approximate 9 years old when his uncle, a renowned marine biologist and long-time occupational pearl diver, endeavored to introduce Ryo and his brother to a seafarer's life. Much of Ryo's upbringing was characterized by sea-based travel; while he has always possessed a deep-rooted love for the ocean, his uncle helped to enhance that wonder, instilling the curiosity, perseverance, and ambition required for Ryo to adopt the lifestyle and fundamental skills of a professional scuba diver. With expansive knowledge and an inherent interest in the playground they called the ocean, by adolescence Ryo began to actively participate in the deep-sea diving expeditions his uncle lead; the safer reefs were departed from for the wonders of the deeper blue, and many off-shore sites were thus explored. This nomadic lifestyle did in some way deprive Ryo of a typical childhood, with sea creatures making his closest friends, and the schooling he received was quite rudimentary in turn, but within the scope of the sea, Ryo was very much in his element. Over time, the diving team Ryo had been honored to join had achieved substantial fame in having made some incredible marine discoveries, from retrieving evidences of rare aquatic organisms to finding sunken ships and treasures alike. Ryo and his brother were given significant acknowledgment considering their youth and the weight of the discoveries they'd helped uncover; their talents recognized, it was not long before Hope's Peak had scouted them and offered an invitation as the SHSL Deep Sea Explorer. Initially, neither boy had any intentions of abandoning their sea-bound lifestyles in favour of the success Hope's Peak so promised. In the span of a few months however, a great personal tragedy had befallen and Ryo's situation had changed drastically. Although he remained deeply attached to the ocean, under his uncle's guidance and with great resolve, Ryo eventually decided it would be in his best interests to attend Hope's Peak.

Ah, and heads up, he's mute. He speaks very rarely. Very.

Items taken with you: His scuba-diving mask; an enhanced piece of technology that fits snugly over the mouth and nose, allowing oxygen intake whilst underwater. He dons it like a normal piece of clothing, partially as an excuse for his silence. It once belonged to his brother.

Face Claim:
thissss_by_goldenblight-db2xb9d.jpg

Last edited:
Name:
Chiba "Mary" Mariko

Super High School:
Super High School Level Actress

Backstory:
Acting was lying and Mariko has always been a great liar. Even as a child. Most of things she did and said were able to deceive a lot of people, even herself. All her childhood her world and words were filled with lies. But her childhood has nothing to do with anything. We're talking about her stardom.
Mariko was first recognized when she performed in her school play during her elementary years. She played the lead and she nailed it. She was offered minor roles in TV shows which she accepted due to her 'reasons'. In two years, she went from becoming a small fry to becoming a big fish in the acting industries. Her face was on the news and on merchandises. She was known as the 'The Little Star' due to the fact she was still a not an adult yet.
Every show she acted in always ends up booming. Because of this she was soon recruited into Hope's Peak Academy. Her family was ecstatic. Why wouldn't they be? Their encouragement finally paid off. And so, she enrolled into the Academy with her ever-present smile.

Item taken with you:
Her rabbit. It's actually a recorder as well as a microphone. For it to record, she needs to hold the rabbit by the stomach. The recordings are immediately sent to her phone. To play a recording, she needs to open her phone and pick which one herself. As for the microphone, she needs to hold the rabbit by the neck.

Face Claim

latest
"Nice to meet you ~♥ "

[spoili]

[/spoili]

[I hope this is good enough]​

Here's one of my completed character CSes. I'll post up my bassist later~

Name: Ryo Shinkai

Super High School: Deep Sea Explorer

Backstory: Initially raised on a seaside resort his wealthy grandparents owned, Ryo was an approximate 9 years old when his uncle, a renowned marine biologist and long-time occupational pearl diver, endeavored to introduce Ryo and his brother to a seafarer's life. Much of Ryo's upbringing was characterized by sea-based travel; while he has always possessed a deep-rooted love for the ocean, his uncle helped to enhance that wonder, instilling the curiosity, perseverance, and ambition required for Ryo to adopt the lifestyle and fundamental skills of a professional scuba diver. With expansive knowledge and an inherent interest in the playground they called the ocean, by adolescence Ryo began to actively participate in the deep-sea diving expeditions his uncle lead; the safer reefs were departed from for the wonders of the deeper blue, and many off-shore sites were thus explored. This nomadic lifestyle did in some way deprive Ryo of a typical childhood, with sea creatures making his closest friends, and the schooling he received was quite rudimentary in turn, but within the scope of the sea, Ryo was very much in his element. Over time, the diving team Ryo had been honored to join had achieved substantial fame in having made some incredible marine discoveries, from retrieving evidences of rare aquatic organisms to finding sunken ships and treasures alike. Ryo and his brother were given significant acknowledgment considering their youth and the weight of the discoveries they'd helped uncover; their talents recognized, it was not long before Hope's Peak had scouted them and offered an invitation as the SHSL Deep Sea Explorer. Initially, neither boy had any intentions of abandoning their sea-bound lifestyles in favour of the success Hope's Peak so promised. In the span of a few months however, a great personal tragedy had befallen and Ryo's situation had changed drastically. Although he remained deeply attached to the ocean, under his uncle's guidance and with great resolve, Ryo eventually decided it would be in his best interests to attend Hope's Peak.

Ah, and heads up, he's mute. He speaks very rarely. Very.

Items taken with you: His scuba-diving mask; an enhanced piece of technology that fits snugly over the mouth and nose, allowing oxygen intake whilst underwater. He dons it like a normal piece of clothing, partially as an excuse for his silence. It once belonged to his brother.

Face Claim:
thissss_by_goldenblight-db2xb9d.jpg
Name:
Chiba "Mary" Mariko

Super High School:
Super High School Level Actress

Backstory:
Acting was lying and Mariko has always been a great liar. Even as a child. Most of things she did and said were able to deceive a lot of people, even herself. All her childhood her world and words were filled with lies. But her childhood has nothing to do with anything. We're talking about her stardom.
Mariko was first recognized when she performed in her school play during her elementary years. She played the lead and she nailed it. She was offered minor roles in TV shows which she accepted due to her 'reasons'. In two years, she went from becoming a small fry to becoming a big fish in the acting industries. Her face was on the news and on merchandises. She was known as the 'The Little Star' due to the fact she was still a not an adult yet.
Every show she acted in always ends up booming. Because of this she was soon recruited into Hope's Peak Academy. Her family was ecstatic. Why wouldn't they be? Their encouragement finally paid off. And so, she enrolled into the Academy with her ever-present smile.

Item taken with you:
Her rabbit. It's actually a recorder as well as a microphone. For it to record, she needs to hold the rabbit by the stomach. The recordings are immediately sent to her phone. To play a recording, she needs to open her phone and pick which one herself. As for the microphone, she needs to hold the rabbit by the neck.

Face Claim

latest

"Nice to meet you ~♥ "

[spoili]

[/spoili]

[I hope this is good enough]​
Approved

The previous one was nice, GM is laid back and friendly and while there is not big of a crowd joining, they are all friendly. I just need to think of character(s), pretty sure I will be joining.

The previous one was nice, GM is laid back and friendly and while there is not big of a crowd joining, they are all friendly. I just need to think of character(s), pretty sure I will be joining.
Glad to see you're joining again Rose! Although sadly it looks like you, me, and Solar won't be playing characters who will set everything on fire this time.... shame.

@Lost-and-Bewildered You should join this too! I don't think there should be any major spoilers for the second game, right @The Tragedy ?

Glad to see you're joining again Rose! Although sadly it looks like you, me, and Solar won't be playing characters who will set everything on fire this time.... shame.

@Lost-and-Bewildered You should join this too! I don't think there should be any major spoilers for the second game, right @The Tragedy ?
Looks like fun, I'll post a CS soon!

@Daz If there ARE spoilers I'm blaming you -_-

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]"Hey! You! Yes you! Do you want to sail the seven seas, four oceans and all the water you can possibly dream!? No? Well...oh...um.. You should try anyway....its amazing! So wanna join my crew! I have one member right now so I'm more than happy to accept another! [/BCOLOR]​

Name: Shawn Harrow, Captain Shawn Harrow.

68a119d22e4b677b600aab41ef27af75.jpg

Super High School: Sailor (though never will he be referred as this, either you call him a pirate or you don't have his attention.)

Backstory: Shawn has lived a sailor life all his life. His mother a commercial sailor took him with him on as many voyages as she could. The times she couldn't take him he would live at a seaport where with his father who build classic boats like canoes or something bigger if you had the money for it. Though his parents were divorced this never affected his life in a negative way, as the divorce was a clean one and they got join custody on him. Even though they weren't married anymore, their was no drama in his family like you would see in TV, and rather it was an honest and peaceful life. Well, except for those times when he went on a voyage and there was a harsh storm, those times were more fun then anything to him.

Living as he did, he grew to love sailing, and wanted to sail every possible route imaginable and even find new ones. Though the latter is unlikely due to technology now in days but he is still hopeful. Not only has he learned to be an amazing sailor thanks to his mother, but he also is an incredible ship builder. Put him on an abandon island with no tools and he will still figure a way off in a week or so. He is an only child, but never really considered himself to be lonely since he had his mothers crewmates, and his fathers customers to talk to.

Item taken with you: Self made map, of places he has been. A compass, sexton, several other water navigation tolls in his bag.

All the more motivation to finish the game faster! :P
No I prefer to keep any plot from the game out the only thing related to the games/anime is setting and concept

• Thank You
Reactions: Daz
Status
Not open for further replies.