DanganRonpa: Royal Descent

Wolfgang tunes the chatter of former associates out, focusing instead on thought-based practice of their performances. Mental acuity was just as, if not more-so, pertinent in their line of work as physical prowess. The dank airport fades away into the myriad sights of each country they’ve traveled to within the past year; the poor smell of faux-kālua pork and banana leaves, hastily made by white men who monopolized on the Hawaiian “lūʻau…” woefully revealing their homogenization of island cultures. Suffice to say, Wulf ended up leaving before any festivity started, rejecting payment and performance in the face of such wanton disrespect.

A voice tugs him from the simmering daydream, trimmed with snark and sass, but a voice altogether pleasant to their ears. They rise to greet her, seconds away from holding out a hand in an offer to shake; she seems engaged in other conversation, though, and the customs of their home culture run deep. Don’t interrupt.

They wait politely for their turn to speak, running over pronunciations quickly, before catching Lucius barking something similar to their given name. Normally, they would confront the author, so loud and inconsiderate this early in the morning. However, a pleasing realization of irony crosses their thoughts, settling the stoked fire in their chest.

Boring? What is more boring than writing books? I play with fire. You play on pen-island.

Guten Morgen, He… Hi… Hemahri,” Wulf struggles through her name, before clearing their throat and adjusting their tone. “Him… Are… Ee… Him-are-ee… Himari. Pardon me.”

Well, a fuck-up was bound to happen. Who better to have it with?

With the branch into their mutual interest, Wulf can’t help but feel slightly interrogated… and slightly mischievous. They play silly, eyes widening as if they’re just remembering something. Verdammt! I knew I forgot something!”

They allow her to stew for a moment, whether in frustration or a state of startle, before breaking a smile across their lips. “Joke, joke. I left Coyote in good, capable hands,” Wolfgang reassures, raising their hand again for a customary handshake. “Your tip about enrichment helped him significantly, in truth, he has stopped chewing on my… everything.”

A followup question comes to mind soon after, an eyebrow rising in curiosity. It was their turn for interrogation. “Have you given Bird a proper name, yet?”

Wulf pauses for a response, before an ungodly, nails-dragging-on-a-chalkboard outburst cuts through the waiting lobby. They glance at the pair it emanated from, their expression dropping into brisk neutrality.Entschuldigung, Himari. We can converse a bit later.”

Without much further explanation, the Siva Afi artist approaches Nao and Miss Shizuka, shoulders tensely squared toward the Stunt Double. Abrupt physical contact and manhandling upon meeting for the first time in… however many years… would certainly make them uncomfortable. From what they recalled of Miss Shizuka (which was unfortunately very little given her spirit-like presence in the classroom and altogether quiet demeanor), Wolfgang would infer that she may not enjoy being a spectacle in public; something Nao clearly had minimal regard for.

It may be fair that I am placing my nose where it doesn’t belong.

“Is it not a bit early for putting your hands on people without permission?” Wolfgang chastises, leering down their narrowed eyes at the Stunt Double.

Interaction;
@tis author
@aurelia_rain
@meimoku

No sooner than Shizuka unfurled her fingers from the handle did her head snap up at the clearing of someone’s throat. And as it turned out, that someone was none other than Murakami Nao.
"Come. We're going," Nao said, and with little to no hesitation, she grabbed Shizuka's luggage from the floor. Assuming she wasn't going to follow, she also grabbed her wrist, dragging her along with her.
The pianist’s otherwise vaguely dead-looking eyes flickered in recognition at the sight of the shorter girl, body giving away as her wrist was grabbed and tugged forward in tandem with her suitcase. With the way she was agonizing over her utter lack of memorability just seconds ago, Shizuka risked tripping over the sheer feeling of whiplash she experienced.

"You brought the alcohol, right? It was the only thing you were supposed to do. You fucking sea anemone... If you didn't bring it, how else am I going to pass time? I'm going to be as lost as Nemo's damn father in the ocean."
"What do you mean by sea ane-?“ Shizuka started before cutting herself short with a sigh. Though she wasn’t terribly close with Nao, she was familiar enough with the former star stunt double to know there was no use in interjecting until she was done speaking. So rather than wasting her effort trying to interject, Shizuka focused on not stumbling as the pair paraded across the floor.

This focus was short-lived however, as a pair of manicured nails nearly dug into her cheeks. "!??" Shizuka instinctively jerked back, eyes meeting Nao’s jarring stare with a wide one of her own. Somehow, she felt as if it'd be dangerous to look away.
"But, you did bring it, right?"
"I-" she sputtered, "Yes, I did?? I mean, yes. I did. For a moment I wasn't sure whether security would let me bring it through, actually-" Why her response first came out as a question was lost on even herself, but if Shizuka was sure of one thing, it was the weight of the champagne bottle tucked away in her suitcase.

As soon as Nao released her grip on Shizuka's face, the pianist stepped back and over to kneel by her suitcase. The luggage was promptly tipped over, lock unlocked (you could absolutely never be too safe with your belongings!!), and bottle pulled out with a decisive flourish... or at least with as much flourish as a woman who lived much of her life with a stick up her ass could muster, five years from graduation. The champagne itself was a shimmering gold that shone through the clear glass, bottle decorated with an ornate silvery label and seal. While it wasn't the absolute height of luxury, she certainly hadn't cheaped out either. It seemed that Shizuka was quite satisfied with her choice based on the pizazz with which she held the bottle out to Nao. What could be more perfect than the drink of celebration for a high school reunion, afterall?

And nevermind the potential looks she may have gotten from presenting a bottle of champagne to her former classmate on her knees like some sort of servant- oh wait shit she was presenting a bottle of champagne to her former classmate who just screeched and now they were getting looks for it-

Allowing the well-timed announcement from the flight staff to serve as a momentary distraction, Shizuka re-secured her suitcase and rose up from her knees, now holding the bottle of champagne out to Nao like a normal person. She prayed inwardly that nobody would comment on her actions—or really, notice her in general—but with Wolfgang strolling closer by the second in her peripheral, it was clear this prayer fell on deaf ears.

"Jager-san," Shizuka bowed slightly in their direction as she recomposed herself with the kind of grace that could only be cultivated after years of living center stage, "... Hello. I hope you've been well?"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Interactions: @meimoku @slayersinbad

[Gunther Ziegler || SHSL Construction Manager; Location: Terminal TX Waiting Area, Somewhere in Central Europe]

Gunther's smile widened as he listened to Hara's greeting. It's been more than five years since they last met and yet he could remember all those times they sat in the courtyard drinking tea early in the morning like it was yesterday.

The constructor chuckled so heartily one could almost feel the ground shaking from his laugh alone. "Haha, I can say the same to you, old friend! Although it looks like I caught you at a bad time, so let's catch up later, alright?" he replied Hara was about to walk away towards Jonathan to hand him a bottle of water. While he had plenty to talk about with the janitor, Gunther decided to wait a bit; it was clear Hara was eager to meet the rest of his classmates (just like Gunther, for that matter), so it would be rude of him to interfere.

Besides, there were still other people he could chat with in the meantime; as luck would have it, Himari was one of them. Out of everyone in his class, Gunther hanged out with her the most after graduation, if only by virtue of them living close to each other for a while and the fact that their paths happened to cross quite often in these past few years. It was a small world, it seems.

Gunther rubbed his neck while smiling apologetically. "Hehe, well, you can thank my financial advisor for that... If it weren't for him I'd be still sleeping soundly in my bed right about now." It wasn't a secret that the construction manager was a very heavy sleeper, so one could only imagine what sort of tricks his poor subordinate had to pull in order to wake him up.

When Himari mentioned Steve, Gunther perked up. "Oh, he's doing great! He's finally decided to be more active for a change instead of sleeping on my work desk all the time, but other than that he's still the adorable fluffball like usual. And don't worry about the treats! It's not like I'll be able to give them to him until after we come back from the trip, after all." After a brief pause, he added: "Speaking of which, how's your budgie doing lately? Is the birdhouse still in one piece?"

Around the same time, Gunther also kept a conversation going with Thalia, the self-proclaimed Drama Queen. While the jury was still out on whether that title was a good description of her personality, what Gunther did know for certain was that she was an incredible stage actress and a playwright without equal, if all the times he caught himself getting mesmerized by her performances was anything to go by.

"And long time no see to you as well, Thalia! And I've been doing great, thank you! Lately I've been working on an orphanage nearby funded by a certain M.Hayabusa. I've gotta say, for being almost in his sixties he sure is good at sneaking around the construction site pulling pranks on everyone. Quite a funny guy, that one; I'm sure he and John would've gotten along swimmingly. But enough about me, how's the stage treating you lately? Are you planning to tour Europe any time soon?"

Speaking of the devil, while Thalia was replying to Himari about something else Jonathan suddenly butted into their little group once again. "Oh, hey there, John, I was just talking about you! And I'm doing great, thank you!" When the comedian mentioned the possibility of smuggling Gunther inside the plane if he happened to forget his invitation, the latter shook his hands in front of him alarmingly. "N-no, no, it's fine, I've got my invitation with me, don't you worry about that! I've learned my lesson after that school trip back in second year, thank you very much!" Gunther shuddered as he felt a chill run down his spine; just what kind of hellish prank did Jonathan pull on him back then? It appears the world will never know.

As Gunther was talking with his peers, he heard the flight attendant informing them that they would be boarding the plane shortly. "Ah, sweet, it looks like our flight has arrived! So, shall we get going? We can talk on our way there." He asked to the trio (or, well, whoever was with him at the time) as he adjusted the duffel bag on his shoulder, ready to head off.

Interactions: @Neobullseye @tis author
@Merchedesi

Last edited:
Xiang 'Veronica' Li - SHSL Perfumer

As the remainder of their cohort had at last filed into the area, the inviting sounds and scents of this rather familiar crowd lulled Veronica into a momentary daydream… into an ataraxy owed to the exclusive comfort she found with those who bore resemblance to her. It ebbed at her nerves, at the habitual pressure to impress, until she found herself in hushed appreciation of this reunion and the opportunity it entailed.

How she missed this… the blithe freedom to revisit her self of five years ago, without the inhibitions of distance and responsibility. A busy woman she was, whose mornings and evenings were dedicated to the active pursuit of the perfect composition for novel fragrances sought by her clients, famous and ordinary. Veronica loved to mingle with the many who sought her services, finding intrigue and endearment with them. She was blessed with the company of family too, as well as that of her sweet feline companion, Pebble. But none of it quite compared to the active social life she enjoyed in high school… She had taken it for granted, and it was not until graduation and her departure to America that she realised her memories of Hope’s Peak Academy were as precious and as fleeting as the ashes of agarwood.

Now, with prospects of rekindling the flames of the past, of days spent indulging in light-hearted banter in classrooms and hallways; of pleasant conversation in the garden and with tea-cup and saucer in hand; of savouring scents floral, citrusy and woodsy in kind… to finally reconnect with those who had helped define some of the most effervescent years of her life—

Veronica took up the handle of her suitcase, sharing an appreciative look with Li-Wei when she agreed to keep her company for the time being. Although their time apart was considerable, the natural closeness she shared with Li-Wei seemed not to have faltered one bit.

“I certainly will~” She stifled a small giggle, delighted by the idea of serving as Li-Wei’s aid in conversation, as she had all those years ago when they’d first met. Although Li-Wei was now more than proficient in her use of English, it was a hark-back that inadvertently made Veronica gush. “Li-Li, I’ve missed you… I’m glad we were able to keep in touch by letter, but being together again is even better.”

She spoke earnestly, her tone of voice alight with positivity. The Perfumer wished to make every second of this trip count. Even if it was sentimental and on the verge of saccharine, Veronica had few reservations in making her appreciation for Li-Wei apparent.

An amiable smile on her face, Veronica glanced up and around for an idea of who they should greet first… but it appeared that she was spared the thought when a pleasant voice called out with something of a flowery description. Despite his mild demeanour, Hara’s compliments were as gripping as ever. As the janitor approached, Veronica immediately turned to face him, regarding him with all the same manner of warmth and invitation.

“And you…” She paused to catch a whiff of his cologne, closing her eyes and pressing both palms together as she appraised his familiar scent. Lily, sage, finger-lime “A dusky lagoon, late-autumn… the feathers of swans afloat on its waters… scattered about by a gentle breeze, whispering among reeds…”

She hummed meditatively, one eye opening in a playful wink that punctuated their verbose exchange.

“It’s wonderful to see you again, Hara.”

Her smile only grew as he moved to meet her with a warm embrace, lifting her chin so as not to be smothered against his shoulder. Few people she felt as comfortable or safe with, and there was something especially unique to Hara that she found soothing. The lovely scent she’d crafted him only served to reinforce that charm. Although simple, it was a fragrance she’d dearly missed.

“Isn’t the trip enough of an occasion? You should be as excited as I am!”

She drew back from the hug, a soft huff leaving her as he reached up to gently pat her on the head. She did not recoil, even if she was aware onlookers might find the gesture strange or belittling. Knowing Hara, she could only find it endearing… although the softness to her expression swiftly vanished upon hearing him cuss.

“Hara,” she began in an admonishing tone, her brows quirking, but she was quick to let up as he’d corrected himself. She never did like his tendency to curse and always made efforts to correct him… it was difficult to remain upset, however, much less when he’d raised the topic of her beloved cat.

“Pebble’s doing quite well! Although I do think he misses you. My nǎinai is looking after him while I’m away… My mother wouldn’t have him, you see. Said he would make a mess of her furniture… But you and I both know Pebble is not so poorly trained. Ah, I miss him already…”

Accompanied by two of her dearest friends, there was a certain lilt to Veronica’s voice as she rambled on about her cat, as animated as ever. She wrapped her arms around her midriff, as if longing to embrace her furry companion, but then dropped her arms with a wistful sigh, glancing up at Hara with a sheepish smile.

“And how have you been? It’s been a little while since I saw you last…”

Although she’d had the opportunity to see Hara in person at least a couple of times since graduation, their last meeting had been more cause for concern over anything. Veronica perceived that he’d since restored much of his spirit. Still, she could not help some worry for him…

As she considered this, she’d caught a glimpse of a figure stationed some ways behind Hara. At the sight of a certain tattoo artist lurking about like an unpleasant odour, Veronica’s expression was wrought with a sign of contempt, although she promptly ignored his existence in favour of addressing Hara instead.

“No one’s been causing you any trouble, have they?” She was no less solicitous in her address, but the way she pivoted on the spot to turn her back on the unwelcomed sight threatened to give her intent away. “I would hope not.”

She fell quiet then, so as to allow Hara and Li-Wei speak without interruption, her olive gaze drifting between the two quite contentedly. Listening to Xun recount the rather appalling conditions of her flight, Veronica uttered a soft sound of disappointment.

“My flight was so-so. Not as intolerable as Li-Li’s, I don’t think.” Veronica levelled a sympathetic look at the other woman, laying a hand on her shoulder in a slight gesture of support. “But to think we’ll be living among royalty! I’m sure the reception will more than make up for all the terrible food and sleep we’ve lost, yes?”

With a bright smile, she drew away from Li-Wei to tend to her luggage, kneeling to attend to the zippers at the side of the suitcase.

“I might have a spare snack in my luggage, actually. Something to tie you over in the interim. Let’s see…”

Veronica only hesitated in her search for a muesli bar when a sudden announcement was made over microphone. She turned head to pay attention to the spokeswoman, her expression brightening for the fact that it was time to board the plane.

“Oh, it’s time! We should be quick so we can secure good seats.”

Withdrawing both a yoghurt-and-honey-flavoured muesli bar from her bag, as well as her invitation, Veronica righted her luggage and stood back up, offering the sweet treat to Li-Wei.

“I suppose we’ll have to catch up with everyone else later, hmm?”

Interactions: @MikaStarrydust @Merchedesi
Mentions: @Peacey

Last edited:
Hara Diwa / Former Ultimate Janitor & Eiji Hashimoto / Former Ultimate Tattoo Artist

Among the things that Hara finds quite meaningful in his close relationships are thoughtful greetings such as ones he shares fondly with Veronica. It harks back to a period in Hope’s Peak, where they would meet one another with rapid-fire answers and counters on unique fragrances that would simply hone one another’s senses. Her extraordinary synesthesia is something that Hara can’t compete with, after all.

But… on second thought, the Ultimate Former Janitor would not have been able to endure such strength in visual processing. Not when he is still having a hard time associating certain fragrances with particular wounding memories.

“Yes, and I still wear your fragrances! I was told it suits me.” Hara would take a lot of care in his personal grooming, such as this. Besides the cologne, he smartly dresses up with a sternly pressed uniform with lint-free fabric, and the ascetic texture of gloves… but his mussy fair hair is still quite a lost cause.

“To be honest, I wasn’t too keen on this trip. I’m not really inclined to large gatherings. I did agree, if only for the sake of seeing everyone.” It was at best, half the truth. An answer he could muster at that moment, at least to gently suggest his personal anxieties on having a vacation with the entire class itself. There was a reason why he preferred socializing with close friends, one-on-one.

Hara tucked the collar of his shirt ever so slightly, thinking it might help him breathe a little better; but even past his laconic response about Pebbles the cat (which is another variant of his agitations), Veronica mentioned some discomforting matters that would have made the Former Ultimate Janitor force a smile instead. “I’m doing well. Coping... I knew it might come up again next time we’d talk-- I-- Veronica?”

Hara was quick to notice the Former Ultimate Perfumer’s attention shift, and he could not quite help himself as he followed her gaze, and looked over his shoulder as well-- only to catch another man’s strong gaze, as he weaved through the crowd out vigilantly… before settling himself down in their seat. Hara’s gaze merely softened. Oh…

Sparing not a moment, he glanced back at Veronica, and immediately noted her dismay. He remembers that even back at Hope’s Peak, she was not shy about voicing her dislike for Eiji, and “people like Eiji”-- much to Hara’s chagrin. The last thing he would have wanted was for any kind of additional conflict to materialize out of an already strained connection. “No! Of course not. It’s fine. Things are fine. We are fine, and you shouldn’t worry about anything.”

Quietly, Hara listens to Li-Wei, regarding her carefully as she would have narrated the events of her plane ride, down to the crying child, and the scant quality of in-flight meals. Contrary to Li-Wei’s utterly tiresome plane trip-- and who can exactly fault her for surviving several hours with a small crying baby-- Hara thinks back to his own, and could not find it favorable at all to divulge the luxury of Japan Airlines’ First Class seats and amenities. The combination of the plane’s plush beds and stellar meal preparation were personal delights to Hara, which assuredly helped his nerves before finding themselves in that terminal. “My flight was at least mercifully silent and peaceful. A shame you had to go through that.”

Noting the time on his watch, he briefly smiles at Li-Wei and Veronica.

“I’ll catch up with both of you later, alright?”

With a little wave, he starts walking away. Instead of heading back to his seat, Hara found himself walking across a short distance towards the vending machines. Pulling out a card at that moment, he decided it would have been the quickest way to get to a drink, despite not having any proper currency on him. Perhaps it was the combination of dry temperature in the plane ride and the airport terminal that did not do any favors to the constricting discomfort at the back of his throat. Nonchalantly, he took out two cans of lime-flavored soda from the thick vinyl vending doorway. Cheap-looking, sure, but it was the best option there for now. Picking up his pace, his muffled footsteps find their way back to his companion.

“You know… I was so certain when we got off the plane that we were at complete opposite spectrums of mood…” To surprise the Former Ultimate Tattoo Artist, Hara pressed the cold can of lime soda to his cheek. “Why the pout?”

It wasn’t the words that made Eiji flinch, but the sudden cold sensation. Wincing away he craned his head over as his scowl shifted to a smirk, a bit of laughter slipping out of him. “Oi, who said I was pouting? Maybe I was in deep fucking thought trying to figure out how long till we are given our beds so I can fucking pass out. Honestly, jet lag is so fucked-” Reaching up he would take the soda that was clearly meant for him. Was his displeasure that obvious? He had been in such a stupor he didn’t take notice of the man approaching him-

Seems seeing that witch again...being that close only brought a bad taste to the back of his mouth. Granted he knew he was overreacting, to an extent. During their time in Hope’s Peak he never really liked her, and the times he was around her was anything but pleasant- “Was really hoping she wouldn’t fucking come, shit-” With a crack of the lid, and a soft hiss leaving the soda, Eiji happily drank some of it though he couldn’t stop scrunch up his face at the taste. “Fucking hell, keep forgetting this shit is different from home. Ain't bad but that aftertaste is fucked-” He says before drinking down more of it-

“Buy hey~ At least ya admit the mood changed to the opposite so ya saying ya kinda excited to see how this trip goes~” Eiji chimed as he gave the other a bit of a nudge and a grin. Taking the positive of Hara’s question and shifting it onto him rather than focusing on the reason for his mood going downhill.

“Honestly, Eiji, beats me. Could have been the jet lag. Maybe. I’ll believe you.” Hara gives him that one, hiding a snide expression behind the can.

Casually, Hara does not even have to gesture as he sits comfortably by the other man’s side, while clipping up the tab of the can to open it, and takes a drink. Eiji was right about the soda, though, as Hara could not fight the grimace on his expression. “... That aftertaste is just gnawing at my throat now. Holy shit. How much fucking sugar is in this--?” He checks the side of the can, and almost immediately regrets it. At this point in time... Japan is several miles, and, not to mention, a full month away, now that Hara was there. Oh, the sweet taste of genmaicha... with its most favorable smell of a damn good green tea, with roasted popped brown rice wafting the memory through his nostrils.

Instead of continuing his drink, Hara opts to listen to Eiji instead, leaving the soda abandoned by the seat. He will remember to ask for bottled water as soon as they get on the plane. The gentle nudge of the other man's elbow against his side made him laugh, “Is that your way of convincing me not to buy those extra plane tickets back to Japan? We have… oh, hrm... Less than a minute, to change our minds, before we board the next plane. And, I do have to add; JAL’s services did win my heart, so you were damn right about that one. And they even left me satiated with the in-flight sake. Can’t forget that bit, especially.”

Eiji was quiet for a moment as he sipped his sugary drink, grimacing at the flavor. Even though the aftertaste was unpleasant, his stubborn ass was determined to finish the drink. As he did so, he paid close attention to the other by his side. A wide, teasing grin couldn’t help but find its way onto Eiji after the comments the janitor made. “Ha! For you to not buy??? Last I checked I was the one that had to twist your fucking arm to get your ass into first class. No fucking way you can get us two tickets back~ …Oi, are you are thinking of fucking getting business class for the way back-?”

“You know I can try. I’ve already accounted for the costs in my head while we were waiting.” It was duly prohibitive, for sure, but if anything, Hara was very serious with his intentions, most of the time… “And yes. I know we have been going through too many diatribes about this for months, but JAL or not, I still have half a mind not to go at all. How about… oh, flipping a coin on the decision?”

“....A coin-? You want to fucking decide if we should go or stay based on which side a damn coin falls?? Ya that much on the fence about this shit huh?”

The eyes that stared at Eiji were unfazed, and unclouded.

“Oi, ya fucking serious-”

It was hard for Hara to swallow a smirk, but it did surface, taking a bit of joy to see Eiji twitch. He pried a small coin from one of his pockets. “Heads, we say, fuck it; we are going on that plane. And tails…” He trails off.

“Diwa- I’m not much of a gambler-” Eiji took a moment and scratched the back of his head before sitting up properly. “If ya want to do it sure, but ain't ya at least slightly interested in sticking around? You seemed to be hitting it off with the witch, and others are excited to see ya too? I know we ain't going to have our phones, but maybe that’s for the best you’ve been fucking working yourself to shit and back…”

“I’m content staying in Tokyo, as far as things are concerned…! It’s…mmn, I am already settled with the mundanity of my life--well-- in between work, of course. Work is a different case altogether. If I were to visit Veronica- "witch" -*clears throat*-- again, it’s, what. A JAL trip away, no?” The coin hangs loosely in Hara’s fingers, tempting to fall.

Taking a moment Eiji gave in as he hung his head before shrugging. “Fucker- Fine. You are frustratingly stubborn you are fully fucking aware of that shit ya? Then, heads we stick around, tails we dip, if it lands on its side I might be nice to the witch while we stick around.”

Luck isn’t really Hara’s strong suit, if he was being honest. For as far as he could remember, his life was in constant torment with a string of unfortunate circumstances, til he could take control of it the few years prior to Blackmore. But. He supposes, that these recent halcyon days would inevitably bring its own bumps in the road. Hara was never usually comfortable traveling without any urgent objectives. And out of impulse (or a sense of solace), he did bring his own work bag with him.

The coin flips, revolving in mid-air, til it falls on the floor, almost blending itself with the marbled tile of the terminal.

Heads.

“Was fucking worried for a second it would land on its side- Seems like we’re staying huh?”

“... Yes. Yes, we are.” Gently, he picks it up. “The stewardess seems to be preparing for boarding calls. Shall we?”

Eiji laughed a bit before reaching over and lightly grabbing the man’s shoulder as he grinned. “Oi, don’t look too down. If anyone tries to bully ya or some shit I’ll set them straight in a fucking heartbeat and a half~ Try and have a bit of fun ya? Fucking spirits know you need that shit.”

“I’m going to be fine. I’m mostly worried about you getting bullied by our classmates, really.” Hara doesn't hesitate to respond with a grin.

A bark of laughter, followed by a shake of his head. “Then I’ll just wait for you to swoop in and scold them off~” He chimed not missing a fucking beat. “Let’s go, if we wait too long some of the other fucks here will get the best seats and I’m not about to start shit before we even land ya?”

“Choose where you’d prefer then, as long as you give me the window seat.” Hara starts to stand up, and takes his aluminum-tempered suitcase and luggage.

“Oi- I gave you that shit on the way here- Greedy fuck-”

“Oi, I already complied to going with you here, the least you can do is give me a fucking window seat-”

“Bitch-”

---
Interactions: @Peacey @Vitreus @MikaStarrydust

Last edited:
So, so much people have arrived thus far, throughout the time that they've arrived. Himari would admit that she somewhat regretted arriving so early. After all, who wouldn't want to be fashionably late? Nonetheless - it was just about time to shake her weary bones and to get up. A flight was waiting for them, there was no time to loose.

"Why wouldn't Shakespeare be out for wrath? I mean, there's so much bloodshed and violence in his books. He obviously has something that he needs to satiate, and venting through writing didn't help." Though to be fair, anything can be deceitful, as long as you're silent enough. Could the world renowned author be so blood-thirsty, or was he really just someone who had a thing for these sorts of books? Once again, it's not that she cared. Just one of many life's mysteries that she'll never eventually find the answer. Even her skills only go so far.

Should she go seek someone out who has a time-traveling machine of sorts? Too bothersome and a waste of money, she decided.

"Man, that son of a bitch really has a thing for his job. You wanna see how far he'd go with his jokes? I'm rather curious now." Of course, Himari wouldn't do anything drastic, but a plan of sorts was concocting in her mind already. Not exactly a plan, maybe just results, but it would be interesting... a malicious grin appeared on her face. Though one should not worry for the safety of Jonathan, mostly just stupid ideas for blackmail coming into fruition. "Oh well, we'll see eventually. We've got so much time together, after all!"

The oh-so calm and relaxed Himari was immediately thrown off by Thalia's questioning of her profession. The PI slowly shakes her head regarding the story offer. "It... would be nice if a story's written about me, but no thanks. I'm good" Too many details to keep. Too many details. Jonathan's comments didn't help at all, maybe even made things worse. Though she tries to shake off the thought for now, one too many thoughts are bothering her. "Y'know, maybe you should have someone else's story. My life is boring, I promise you."

Though she thought things might get worse, Wolfgang finally responded to her. Of course, they almost gave Himari a heart attack.

"Give me some room to breathe before you say anything about the poor bird, won't you?" The PI says, giving them a rather unamused look. With a sigh and shake of a head, that look was swapped out for a disappointed smile. Not because her friend could have potentially let their poor bird under the wrong hands, but it seems that Wulf never really changed. Truly unfortunate for her mental health. "Good to know, good to know. If he's got a toy or something like that, the little guy should be okay. And if I find out you're lying, expect me to kick your ass after the trip."

Once again, a question threw her offguard. Of course they were going to ask this.

"Unfortunately, the little guy has yet to have a name. And no, don't give me something to name it, I'm afraid it'll be a bit... bizzare." And bizarre is only little to describe the names the Suvi Alfi has suggested. Nothing has really come up as a genuinely good name for her budgie if she was honest, and she thinks it'll be okay to leave things like that. Nothing wrong with some routine, is there?

Noticing that Wulf was a bit busy with some conversation, Himari decided to shoot one last thing to them.
"Wanna sit together on the plane? You can take the window seat!"

The PI give them one final wave before turning her attention to someone. A construction manager, to be specific.

"Poor guy needs sleep for himself, better thank him lots when you can, yeah? We should all go for drinks, actually! Never thought why I'd never bring that up." With a smug grin on her face, it's easy to say that she might be internally praising herself for such a wonderful idea. But seriously, she'd like to meet the person who had been behind Gunther's back all these years. They probably have met a few times, but not enough for a proper conversation. And such one is certainly due after the trip, she should get to that right away. "And good to know the little furball's doing good. Remind me to give you those treats when we go out for drinks again, yeah? Hopefully neither of us are too drunk to forget by the time, though."

"Ah, the birdhouse... yeah, that thing's gonna need repairs. You accept cash now, yeah? You better accept it or I'm kicking your ass too."
HImari playfully jabs at Gunther with her words, though there's no saying if she might actually commit to them. After all - he's done so much for her with the little birdhouse, of course she wanted to compensate him properly. But given the construction manager's personality, it'll take a bit to even let the thought cross his mind. Ah, well, she'll figure it out eventually.

Finally facing toward the flight attendant, Himari quickly springs up from her seat, invitation in hand. She was ready for this moment, proudly walking to the woman.

"Let's go!" The PI says, making a run for the flight attendant. Dragging her luggage along, she makes sure to present her invitation to the woman. She had her doubts but now that things were actually getting started, she was getting an adrenaline rush. Hey, maybe this trip might actually be fun! Turning her head over to her other former classmates, she shoots them a look.

"Hurry up before anyone gets left behind! Don't want that to happen~"

-

@Neobullseye @slayersinbad @Aravhorn

NAO MURAKAMI THE PROBLEMATIC STUNT DOUBLE
As Shizuka rummaged through her luggage for the promised alcohol, Nao scoffed at the question yelled at her. Without thinking, Nao turned to the side and flipped off whoever asked such... until she realized who it was aimed towards.

Oh no.

Her pointer finger raised almost immediately in a weird-looking type of peace sign, but the stunt double played it off as raising her hand in a waiting fashion for Shizuka. Standing stiffly with her cheeks puffed out with air, she snapped her gaze back down to Shizuka, slowly exhaling to resume her nonchalant demeanor. Looking like a chipmunk mixed with a deer in headlights wasn't appealing at all, she concluded.

Her hand soon dropped as she watched Shizuka rise from her knees, and she gingerly took the champagne presented as if it were a baby born into the life of the rich. She wished.

But Shizuka would have her wishes granted, for the announcement, paired with the appearance of the champagne, led Nao to focus on other things that weren't related to the other's self-image. Though, one could assume that Nao was never focused on Shizuka in the first place, or maybe she stored judgement deep within her mind. It was difficult to tell what was going on upstairs half the time when it came to her. Similarly to what happened to Shizuka, the bottle no longer had eyes on it once the announcement played throughout the terminal. The stunt double's eyes had focused on something else: the incoming staff members. Tracking them with her eyes, it slipped the stunt double's mind to open her ears up to the words of the announcement. Hence, the only words Nao ended up registering were something about a boarding pass. With a shrug of her shoulders and a partially amused raise of her brows, she figured she had time to get her boarding pass while everyone was lining up.

Holding the bottle by the neck, Nao's arms dropped to her sides as her eyes narrowed into her natural deadpan. With nothing else to say to Shizuka, Nao did a glance carried with exhaustion around the area, only to spot Wolfgang heading towards them. A bit of a scoff and a roll of her eyes came from her, but she kept her composure as they kept approaching. It only faltered at the question received, and her jaw locked up as she slightly parted her lips to answer. Had it not been for Shizuka greeting the other, Nao might've said something she'd regret.

Jager... Nao made sure to remember the name, and the face it belonged to.

Listening to the end of Shizuka's question, Nao let out another scoff and put her hand in front of Shizuka as if to block Wolfgang from her. She stepped closer to the other, and decided to ask a question of her own, "I'm sorry, but is it not a bit early for bothering people without their permission? Sweet Jager, don't you know that brutes shouldn't play the roles of heroes? Let me give you a piece of advice: Leave Me ALONE!" The woman shrieked once more, heavily breathing as her eyes trembled to and fro.

The woman, who in no way seemed to replicate the quiet, hard-working girl back in her high school years, glared defiantly up at Wolfgang. The woman who, with hair strands out of place, didn't seem to give a damn about how she presented herself. The woman who, before saying all of this, had remained tranquil, and only became balmy the moment a glimpse of fear and realization flashed within her features.

"Champagne?" Nao offered with a raise of the bottle once she briefly calmed down. However, a sneer quickly made its way onto her face as she stepped back. "Hah! Don't be silly. Go on, keep having your conversation with Hiraoka-san here."

The plastered sneer on the stunt double's face never diminished, until she turned around to kneel next to her luggage. "You have a rough flight in the morning and people give you grief for it," Nao softly set the luggage down onto its side. "Well, guess WHAT?" Unzipping the smallest section proved difficult as the zipper got stuck for a moment. "It's my champagne now," she muttered, boarding pass acquired. "Finders... Keepers!" Once more, a grunt came out from her as she zipped her luggage back shut and set it upright again. The boarding pass was soon stuffed somewhere onto her person (leading to the remembrance of the neglected bun coverings and noting to fix her hair later on the plane), and she was seated again in her original seat.

With her phone whipped back out, Nao stared at the pair in the most unamused way she could muster, as if challenging or mocking the other. The smirk that formed on her face proved the latter. Her lips pursed together and opened slightly now and then as if she should say something else, but rationality, for once, convinced Nao to stay quiet. She had done enough damage.

Whatever.

She was ready to go with her crinkled boarding pass, ready to board that dream-like plane, and ready to face any aversion that came her way.

Interactions: @aurelia_rain @slayersinbad
Mentions: @Peacey

Nicholae eases into the terminal's seat as Kai accepts the mixture, and a satisfied smile begins to mirror Kai's. He listens to her gush about her garden, enraptured by the passion oozing from her voice.

Kai's garden had always been a marvelous sight, and its ever-increasing splendor ever increases with each picture she sends; a perfect arrangement of flora both exotic and familiar that single-handedly increases the air quality of her town a hundredfold. Nicholae wouldn't believe it could be possible to grow such a diverse collection of plants if he hadn't seen the pictures himself. Even seeing the pictures one might have been skeptical, but if they knew Kai, there would be no room for doubt. He can only imagine how much more grand it could be after so much time has passed.

"That sounds wonderful, Kai," Nicholae replied, unable to keep his smile from growing when faced with such an infectious joy. "I'd... love to visit after all this. Your garden had everything I could ever need, and if it's grown that much, I'm sure I could give Japan's hospitals a run for their money! I've been working on developing medicine from some mushrooms Hara had given me, so I am curious if I could figure anything out with any new plants you've managed to cultivate."

Upon seeing the ever-positive Kai deflate after explaining her customs' woes, Nicholae offers her a reassuring pat. "It's unfortunate, but for the best. You're sure to be able to wow the Blackmores even without it though! Maybe you can breathe some life into their royal gardens in a way only the Kai Suzuki can." He pauses and lets out a small sigh of his own before continuing, "I do understand your plight though. I might prefer travelling light, but passing customs has had me cutting my stock to a point it can barely stock a mountaineer's first aid kit."

Kai quickly recovered from her slump and launched back into the conversation with renewed vigor. Nicholae, more than happy to hear Kai talk about everything he's missed, relaxes into his chair. Few things were as relaxing to him than chatting with his old friend, and he quickly found himself being drawn in by her cheery attitude. The comfort is short lived, however, as a shrill shriek interrupts the conversation and pulls Nicholae from his revelry.

Tensing up, he quickly glances in the direction it came from, hand clenching on his bag of supplies in case any of them should be necessary. Seeing that the sound had come from Nao, who now was holding Shizuka's face, had only caused more concern. Just as he had begun to spring up, Nao backed off and Wulfgang had joined the pair. The situation diffused itself just as quickly as it began. Wulfgang should be able to take care of any problems there may be. I should make sure Shizuka's alright later though, just in case.

Relaxing back into his seat, he returns his attention to Kai who had just regained her composure herself. "Oh, don't fret a bit about that. You know I do love hearing about your garden, and there's certainly... a lot to talk about." Nicholae shifts uncomfortably in his seat as the equally uncomfortable question lingered just beneath the surface of their conversation yet again.

"I'm... very much looking forward to this trip! Seeing you again's already been a great boon to my mood, and this is just the beginning. So much to catch up on, and so many new experiences to share with the rest of our class," Nicholae surveys the room again. The once quiet terminal was abuzz with conversation, and everywhere he looked had a new, yet all too familiar, sight. He certainly did miss this energy, this life that only his cohort could nurture to any barren environment. "I've seen the odd manor helping out in my mother's practice, but nothing to the sort of scale the Blackmores are sure to have. I'm sure their estate will make any of the manor's I've visited seem like a hermit's shack by comparison!"

Kai shared more about her hopes for the trip, and Nicholae couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of Tatsuya in a suit, "I'm sure the Blackmores have a ball or something equally as grand in store for us. It wouldn't be much of a royal reunion without one. Tatsuya may not be a traditional prince, but even he could never pass up a dance with you."

Just as the conversation began picking up, it was cut short yet again by an announcement that the flight was to be leaving soon. Reaching into his coat pocket, Nicholae once again found his invitation. Never once did it leave his side since he received it, but nonetheless, he could not help but let out a sigh of relief feeling the fine paper in his hand. "Seems like it's finally time. I'm sure your companion would appreciate your company for the last leg of this journey." Sparing a glance at Tatsuya for only a moment, he looks back to Kai and, with a visible effort, returns her gaze, "We'll have a lot of time to catch up after we settle into the castle. As we've said there's... a lot to talk about, and... I promise you that we will talk about them."

He couldn't hold her gaze long, but he had managed to at least let the topic breach the surface and let it breathe, lest it suffocates and chokes their precious friendship in its death throes. "Thank you again, Kai."

The herbalist set upon busying himself with storing the items he had set out earlier, focusing on the familiar motions and preparing mentally for whatever this trip had in store for him.

[Julia Keyes || SHSL Pharmacologist; Location: Terminal TX Waiting Area, Somewhere in Central Europe]

Julia raised an eyebrow; either this guy was a great actor or he genuinely approached her for the sole purpose of wasting her time. Either way, this only meant that this entire conversation was completely and utterly pointless, which was being made even more glaringly obvious with each word coming from the deacon's mouth.

The blonde ignored Julius' patronising comments and calmly finished her drink, watching as the latter frantically looked around the boarding area, probably wondering why on Earth did he try to strike a conversation with someone who was probably one of the most socially uninterested people in class. In a way, it was almost almost amusing to look at... almost. It still didn't change the fact that neither of them wanted to talk to each other and yet the deacon still refused to cut the conversation short to put it out of its misery, which was something Julia simply could not tolerate.

Eventually, Julius finally managed to compose himself and looked back at Julia flashing his annoyingly condescending smile. "I never really talked to many of you during our time at the academy due to my other studies, so it's going to be lovely to catch up with each and every one of you." Julia didn't fail to notice the man throwing a brief glance behind her before adding, "Why not start with you? Do I need a reason to ask how you might have been all these past years?"

Did he need a reason to ask Julia that question? Not really. Did she need to indulge him with an answer? Again, not exactly. Was she becoming increasingly irritated with him giving her the third degree and wanted it to end as soon as possible? Absolutely.

In response, Julia chose to merely raise an eyebrow as she stared at the man and not to answer; if her observations of Julius' attitude so far were anything to go by, then chances are he'd probably start rambling in a desperate attempt to drown out the awkward silence he was seemingly so unaccustomed to, thus saving her the trouble of having to share her personal affairs with him.

And what do you know, it turned out her guess was spot-on.

"Of course, I could always change the subject to something more interesting than small talk. I went on a pilgriming trip recently, and saw some very interesting sites! Those trips always inspire an innate connection within myself, it's awe-inspiring, really--"

Just at that moment, Julia had finally heard what she was waiting for.

A gentle tapping sound briefly echoed through the boarding area, drowning out the sound of chatter filling the room before it was replaced with a woman's voice: “Your flight will begin shortly. We ask that you have your invitations ready for boarding. We can not allow anyone onto the plane without their invitation.”

The blonde glanced over towards the newly-opened boarding gate and resisted the temptation to let out a sigh of relief. 'Took them long enough.' She grabbed the suitcase's handle and after making sure she wasn't forgetting anything stood up from her seat.

"Ah... seems that may have to wait. Would you like to walk with me?" Apparently, Julius either pretended to be unable to read the room or he really was as foolish as he looked.

"While I appreciate the gesture, I think I'll walk alone, thank you." Despite the apparent politeness of her words, her cold tone and bone-chilling gaze made it pretty clear that any attempt to continue this conversation would be done at Julius' peril. "If you'll excuse me."

And with that brief exchange, Julia walked away without throwing a single glance in the deacon's direction as she prepared to embark on their next flight.
Mentions: @Huneypie

With initial reintroductions drawing to a close, the VIP alumni would file towards the boarding gate, some on their lonesome or in pairs and others within their newfound cliques. The staff who saw them through the gates ran a specific procedure: checking passports and, with certain rigour, the legitimacy of the invitations each alumnus was provided, against which their identities were verified. Following this, luggage was screened and it was requested that all phones and other communicative devices were turned into the boarding staff to be held securely and returned at the conclusion of their trip. For safety purposes, any sharp objects (and animals…) were also taken and sequestered for the duration of the flight, to be returned on arrival at the Blackmore residence. After final screening procedures (quite the thorough yet efficient process), the passengers were finally directed to board the plane.

Lead down extensive corridors and ramps unto the runway, students were greeted by a moderately-sized private jet, a glistening white vessel with the Blackmore’s black-and-red raven insignia at the tail of the plane. Once inside, the interior of the jet was as luxurious and as ergonomic as could be imagined, with substantial leg room between plush seats that were set in pairs, facing each other. Warmly-lit and high-ceilinged, passengers were given adequate time to select their seats, tuck away their carry-bags and get comfortable prior to departure.

The flight itself spanned an approximate hour and a half. Plenty of time for the Class of 20XX to continue their conversations, or to reintroduce themselves to those they did not have the opportunity to greet whilst in the airport, to delight in the lovely refreshments and snacks offered by the flight attendants or to simply indulge in a quick nap prior to arrival. Any announcements from the cockpit were a matter of standard procedure, promising a safe and comfortable flight. For those who had suffered through long flights in the economy class, it most certainly was.

With mention of the flight soon drawing to a close, the plane had started a steady descent. As the clouds were departed from, all that could be perceived from the windows of the jet were forested hills and misty valleys as far as the eye could see. As the sun continued to rise, little else was revealed of such a serene and untouched landscape; it was clear that, wherever it is the Blackmores had chosen to reside, it was in a location far from civilization, in an isolated place in which they would be no less disturbed than the land they occupied.

Before one could conclude that they were about to be dropped off in the middle of complete wilderness, there, in the last minutes preceding their arrival, a large structure resembling a palace could be sighted amidst the never-ending greenery. Grey-and-alabaster building of architecture so impressive, it almost appeared illusory on its lonesome…

1639067150601.png

Before much more could be ascertained of the residence other than a bird’s eye view, the plane had glided past and continued in its descent; seemingly towards a lot of cleared land to the North, a private runway. Another announcement signaled landing, a swift but relatively smooth process that saw the jet come to a slow and steady stop.

Upon leaving the plane, the class of 20XX are greeted with fresh air and the strong scent of pine, the post-dawn chirping of birds conflicting with the whirr of the private jet’s components. It was at this stage that an entourage of vehicles had arrived, several sleek black limousines that drew to a stop some distance from the jet. In the following ten minutes or so, luggage was unpacked from the plane and the few staff worked to transfer the baggage from jet to motor vehicle.

The doors to the limousines were opened automatically for the students, who were directed to take their seat for the final stage of their trip- the drive to the palace. Once all students and their luggage was secured, with polite farewells issued by the aircraft staff, the luxury vehicles pulled away from the aircraft landing, Thus began a smooth cruise along vacant roads into the surrounding forest.

This final ride was as comfortable and serene as it could possibly be. Although little excitement was offered at first what with a monotonous view of trees, trees and more trees, eventually the forest began to give away to a clearing sparse of shrubbery, and shortly following this, guests were allowed their first glimpse of the elusive Blackmore residence from ground level.

It was magnificent, and far more imposing when witnessed from below. The forest had been cut back and cleared, and a large wall formed the boundary to the residence (a humble name, for something that more effectively resembled a palace), obscuring much of the outsider’s view. But this did not take away from the sight of four tall buildings arranged and interconnected, many times the size of a mansion, and perhaps rivalling that of a castle.

Following some curvature in the road, the limousines drew to a slow glide for the next minute or two as they finally approached the gates of the residence. Emblazoned with the emblem of the Blackmore family, after a moment of stillness the large gates of the Blackmore Residence slid apart with grandeur. The tall, brassy doors came away to provide an unhindered view of a road framed by trees, leading towards the bright and towering buildings ahead.

Finally, the road opened up to a long driveway of sorts that wrapped around the front of the premises. Perfectly maintained shrubs, hedges and lawns of lurid green… Windows and domes of stained glass… Unique architecture of classic yet contemporary style… If the interior was anything alike the exterior, the guests were certainly in for a treat.

The limousines drew to an easy stop in front of a large water feature- a fountain of bubbling water set amidst a clear blue pool. Here the water flowed under two bridges, seemingly connected to the forefront of the palace grounds, leading to the main entrance of the Blackmore residence.

Aside from the soft purr of the limousine motors and the chatter of the ex-students, the grounds of the residence were quiet- there didn’t appear to be any staff or royalty around to greet them and attend to their luggage… Not yet, at least. In any case, it was probably best to wait until someone arrived to welcome them.

The doors to the limousines rolled opened once more, inviting students to step out, to stretch their legs and have their first exclusive look at the marvelous exterior of the Blackmore residence- the place they would be dwelling within for the coming month or thereabouts.

@Vitreus @Peacey @Aravhorn @Neobullseye @Huneypie @MikaStarrydust @Variel @tis author @slayersinbad @Merchedesi @Drama Fraud @aurelia_rain @meimoku

NAO MURAKAMI THE DRAINED STUNT DOUBLE
Pinpointing the moment in which her fellow peers began to file toward the gate, Nao quickly followed after them. With a sigh full of doubt escaping her, she absentmindedly stared in front of her, until she had to hand over her identification. She didn't seem perturbed at all, until the request to confiscate her champagne came. Needless to say, she was very unenthused by the notion.

Perturbance transformed into consternation at the request of her phone. Her grip tightened on the prized personal possession, but she resentfully placed it into the requestee's hand. Here she thought that she was going to pass the time with mobile games that didn't require data; a blatant lie as she thought phones were better mirrors than mirrors themselves. It was all she was going to use them for, but she figured she couldn't argue against orders. She squeezed her lips together, dangerously so. Any more pressure and her teeth would've drawn blood, all to mask her displeasure.

"I don't have any other devices on me," she mumbled. She took any looks from the staff as an offense to her, and she matched it with a glare of her own. She held out her hands for a brief moment and shook her head forward as if to ask what more they wanted.

After the exchange, Nao briskly walked into the corridor and made a sharp turn towards the entrance of the plane. She wanted to get this over with, more than anything in the world. Her previous motivation to make herself look decent for the royal family was long gone. She supposed she'd have to suck it up though. She wasn't a princess from another country, and she had no right in throwing a tantrum like a child.

Selecting her seat, she fixed her gaze onto her hands and onto her luggage. The sides of the extended handle were harshly gripped by the stunt double as if she had some secret super strength power. Blinding herself with a simple closure of her eyes, she attempted breathing exercises, recalling her previous words.

It wasn't the end of the world. No, those weren't her words, but it was a simple reminder after another.

Upon seating herself, however, she found the borderline abuse performed to objects now being performed on herself. Her upper arms were squeezed with the firmness needed to roll out dough, and her head drooped downwards-- rain waiting to fall off the edge of a roof. Strands of hair took longer to succumb to gravity than others, while others made half-formed and fully-formed spirals on her shoulders and back. The woman was only made alert at the sound of passing footsteps, and dully lit eyes flickered upwards to face the flight attendants. Her carry-on luggage. A glance was all it took to recognize the object's existence, that she had been trudging behind her the entire waiting period. Animosity bubbled inside of Nao discerning it; she had already sent off half a closet's worth of clothes in her separate baggage that she'd have to claim once they landed.

Tucking a side of her hair behind her ear, she shot a glare to the flight attendant(s) and waved them off with a flick of her wrist. A scoff emanated from her no later than a few seconds, and she begrudgingly got on her feet to store her carry-on away. For now, at least.

In the comfort of her seat, Nao slipped her shoes off and brought her legs up to the seat with her. From there, she seated herself in the most comfortable position she could muster, one she'd have to sprinkle specks of gratitude on her height for. Yoko suwari was the name of the position if she recalled correctly. It was the only comfort she could receive conditionally, and a comfort that wouldn't betray her for the minutes to come. Anything that would disrupt that false feeling of comfort was avoided. She pretended as if the seat in front of her didn't exist, and she hoped that any more of the passing footsteps weren't from people latching their sights onto the seat in front of her. Perhaps she should be grateful for her earlier outburst, deterring any possible relationships she could have made within the last few minutes. Isn't that what she wanted? She did, but she didn't know why she felt so... trapped.

Directing her head towards the window, Nao focused on the way the outside world looked with its darkened sky and objects that would naturally tower over her if she wasn't where she was. She acquired the hair tucked half-hazardly behind her ear and brushed through it with her faux nails in a leisurely manner. At times, she cared whether or not her hair covered most of her features, and at other times, she was too lost in her thoughts to think much on it.

From coaxing the strands of hair to untangling themselves, to gripping them together like grabbing a chunk of cooked noodles from a pot, it all reflected the turmoil present in her mind. There were moments where her lips slightly parted, and her eyes widened in partial realization, and with that realization came the subconscious act of making herself appear smaller. Her courage rested in the one glance around she gave the dreadful, all-too-flashy, falsely solicitous interior.

The assumption that the stunt double feared heights could be made, but it didn't make any feasible sense when ascertaining her occupation.

The surreal look of the aircraft churned her stomach in a way she couldn't describe. She lurched over further until she was sure she was akin to a folded chair. She slightly realigned herself to where her head pointed in the opposite direction her knees were, and her hands moved to hug her biceps. She refused to move from this position until the plane had gone well on its way to taking its course in the sky. Any announcements she raised her hands to cover her ears from. She held a desire to ignore it all, and while she had been accustomed to sceneries like this... That was the assumption, wasn't it?

No one could know how Nao was possibly passing the time with the state she was in, but her head only perked up at the sound of a rolling cart. That was when one foot came down to touch the floor, and she looked over to the visible options offered. One question of hers resulted in another question following up, and the knowledge that the alcohol provided wouldn't achieve her wishes, she settled for a small snack instead. She planned on stuffing her face whole, but that was out of the question, too. She set it to the side, adjacent to the corner of her seat, reluctant to touch it at all. Defiance would pass the time for her.

Considering she already had a foot on the ground, she presumed enough time had passed where she could fetch her carry-on luggage and important things from it. She dragged it down from its upstairs chamber and proceeded to haul it over in front of her seat. Before opening it, her hands raised to her face, and she patted her cheeks to rid herself of the glued frown on her features. Her hands rested there momentarily, and a sigh triggered her into her next motions.

Everything she no longer thought she needed went into the luggage. Anything she needed right now, came out. It was as simple as that.

A magician she should've been, for the carry-on luggage was out of sight soon enough. It was there that she positioned herself in her seat, turning so that she would be perpendicular to the seat itself. With one hand holding a compact mirror, and the other struggling to take out a makeup wipe instead of its entire family, she proceeded to remove all of her makeup. She paused, glanced, paused again, and continued. When she thought she had finished, she peered closer into the mirror, leaned back, and rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands, accompanied by a quiet sniffle.

Heaving out a sigh, Nao set things down momentarily, moving what she needed to the side and keeping on her lap what she needed. From there, she began the quick process of reapplying her makeup. It was her hair she was more concerned about. A pop from her lips was heard to mark the end of her makeup session, and everything went on the table in front of her. Still careful not to potentially catch sight of anyone in front of her, she turned back to her original position and hoisted up her mirror with her feet. She figured there was a better way to do this, rather than hold an abdominal crunch for what seemed like a millennium (she visibly struggled after the first minute had gone by), but separating her hair couldn't be all too difficult when it was two separate colors. There was a high preference for exerting physical strain when compared to mental strain, as her expression appeared to be complacent whilst doing these practiced motions.

Through her grit teeth, a sigh made its way out as her body gave out, turning from an afloat rowboat to one kissing the water with its hollow inside. No matter though, for she was sure her arms could last longer. With one of her hands, she patted down her clothes for the outline of her bun coverings and all other materials and proceeded to use her mouth to hold one of the strings, while she did one side of her hair into a bun to set it into place. Applying the finishing touches, she leaned over to check the result, and she felt it faired decently enough. The same process was mimicked on the other side, but with more determination now that the endpoint was in sight.

Cute like a button! Her face scrunched up at the saying.

This was all done for her self-image, of course, but Nao also figured that the royals wanted them to look presentable, hence the refusal for anyone to get plastered before the initial meeting. As if they couldn't just send the disruptor back on their way back home... Nao didn't understand why it was so difficult to do so. From her experience, a wave of a hand is all anyone in power needed to get rid of something they didn't want to deal with. Perhaps it had to do something with the whole climate change fiasco she read about from time to time again. Not that she cared, for she'd be dead before it'd affect her.

The rest of the trip went like this: the items on the table went back into the carry-on, and the carry-on went back into the attic of the plane. Nao remained seated properly this time, sliding her shoes back on and staring out the window, now feeling the back of her neck to be cool. Her actions could now only be described as antsy, for her fingers played a random melody on her thighs, and her feet occasionally joined in to tap rhythmically on the floor, only switching to apprehensive leg bouncing the more she inched towards the edge of boredom.

The chips that had been left behind to forever be abandoned and find a new home within a trash bag were picked up by Nao, who this time didn't want to appear ungrateful. The recognition never led to any sort of kindness towards the bag, for this was all to pass the time, and that was the bag's only purpose to Nao. The deliberation she held towards inspecting each and every chip was unmatched if any chess player attempted to compete against her. It was similar to sorting through a bag of blocks kids would play with, she supposed.

Whatever kept her distracted, she appreciated, and whatever passed the time, she appreciated ten times more.

Yet time would always loom over the stunt double and dig its claws into her trapezius the more she tried to drive her mind away from any questions that pertained to the remaining length of the flight. This led to her eventually succumbing to eating the bag of chips like a normal person, which she took great pleasure in doing so. The empty bag was set onto the table, and the leftover time was spent dazing off into the distance, finding solace in the painting that was the sky, as colors began to litter the canvas. After all, all art was to be appreciated, unless it was the interior of this jet.

There was no limit to her rudeness, even in her thoughts.

And it was this impudent and negative way of thinking that resulted in her missing the first sight of the Blackmore palace. By the time she was done with soaking in the colors presented to her, she was focused on making sure she had everything she could have on her, on her.

Regardless, relief and a newfound source of energy found their way into the stunt double. After taking care of the small mess she left behind, she was off to meet those royals upon the landing of the plane. Nothing else mattered! No one else mattered! Any words that buzzed around her were just that, buzzing from bees that flock together.

Had she noticed the ghost of a smile that formed on her lips, she would've forced it off and replaced it with her more notable serious expression. It flew past her knowing for quite a bit until she reached the area of the limousines, where her expression dropped and she was once reminded of her disdain for the rich. From what she could guess ahead of time, she assumed she'd be in front of the messenger before the royals themselves. So much for being benevolent.

Even if the limousines were comfortable, Nao clearly didn't equate comfortability to benevolence. She did though, associate the view provided with such. The uniformity of the trees had its own charm to them, and the shrubbery that exposed itself reminded her a bit of home. It was more than anything she was expecting, and it made the trip a bit more bearable for the judgemental stunt double. Her hands were folded neatly in her lap, and her gaze remained observant of the scenery that would blur together here and then.

Still, she wished she had her phone to capture the sight.

It was only when the structure resembling a palace that came into view was Nao fully impressed. She huddled herself closer to any window that would reveal more of the building than she was already seeing. It was... different, and because it was different she liked it. The gate with the emblem of the Blackmore family made Nao scoff in a playful manner. It was comical for its own reason.

The closer the limousines pulled up to the palace, the more Nao herself felt out of place. To make up for this, Nao clipped her jacket shut, to seem fancier than she actually was. She hoped the artistic patterns presented would achieve the effect she was aiming for. In a bit of a rush she was, and she felt silly when she found out she had more time than she thought. It mattered no more when the doors rolled open, and she slowly stepped out to glance about the area. She kept her hands behind her back as she took a few slow steps forward as if believing she wasn't allowed to step on this ground.

It was all fascinating to her, so much so that she seemed to forget that without her phone, she appeared to be the equivalent of a lost child misplaced in a casino setting.

Li-Wei Xun || SHSL Tradtional Chinese Dancer

There wasn’t much to add to the conversation, Li-Wei thought. Maybe it was her solitary nature, her drowsiness kicking in finally, or the fact she was starving, but nonetheless, she was at a standstill. The small mention of living amongst royalty didn’t appeal to the dancer in the slightest. The girl always lived a rustic lifestyle and never thought twice about wanting to live elsewhere. Matter of fact, she didn’t travel 17-18 hours to a foreign country just so she could live in a Victorian-like castle and be treated like royalty. Instead, she came because her mǔqīn convinced her to go to see her friends - so, she travelled across the world to see roughly three friends, at most. (Probably not worth it). While that was her main reasoning for even coming here, there was one certain person she was ecstatic, and nervous, to see the most…

At the corner of her eye, she noticed the perfumer reaching down at her bag. By her sudden shift, Xun escaped her foggy thoughts as she turned back her attention to the conversation at hand. Right, they were conversing with Hara. How long was she out for? Couldn’t have been too long, Xun did make a note of how tiresome her flight was.

“... Hm?”

Upon hearing the spokeswoman over the intercom, Li-Wei redirected her attention towards their boarding gate and let out an irritated groan. More travelling, more unhealthy plane food… But this flight was the home stretch. The very last flight for today. Li-Wei began to dig through her tote bag to find where she safely stored her invitation and held it tightly in her hand.

“Uh, Veronica,” she quietly said, “are you planning on sitting el-” Unable to finish her sentence, Veronica stood to her feet with her invitation as well as a yoghurt bar. She stood in silence for a second before realizing she was being offered the treat. “O-Oh–” What a sweet gesture. She must have felt bad regarding Xun’s comment about not having a decent meal on the plane. Happily taking the bar from Veronica, she murmured out a small 'thank you' and straightaway opened up the treat to take a bite. The sweet treat wasn’t as fulfilling, but it was certainly tasty and it should hold her throughout the flight.

As Hara returned to his friend, Veronica stood by Li-Wei’s side throughout checking in their luggage and powering down their cell phones. The need for the students to give up their cell phones was bizarre to Xun as she didn’t need to do so on her last flight. As uneasy as she was, she had no other option and allowed her phone to be confiscated. She suspected that this foreign country must have different procedures unlike her own.

The duo briskly walked down the extensive corridor, only to be soon greeted by the sleek private jet. Extravagant, indeed. Li-Wei let out a low whistle, rather impressed by the design of the jet itself. If the interior was extravagant as the exterior, then they should be in good hands for comfort… Which 100% was the case. Once inside, Li-Wei felt so out of place being here. She almost thought she boarded the wrong plane, but nope. This plane was an upgrade from her last flight, not to mention, this one had pillows and actual comfortable seating (that appeared to be recliners???). And lastly, and most certainly the best out of all, there was no crying baby! Perhaps, she can finally get some shut-eye? So unheard of.

Taking a seat next to Veronica, Li-Wei disposed of the wrapper from the yoghurt bar into her bag to throw away later, before tucking it away for departure. She leaned back into her seat with a triumphant hum. Her cloudy gaze watched as the swarm of alumni students boarded the plane and found their seats. She was quick to recognise a few familiar faces, but once again, she couldn’t recall a handful of their names. Maybe with time (or a reintroduction), she’d be able to remember them. Until then, she’s not too bothered. She doubted anyone would remember her name, or face, apart from the people with who she formed a bond. She’s not as rememberable as most students on this aircraft.

As the two were deep into conversation about how they’ve been as of recently, Li-Wei hadn’t noticed they took off until the perfumer made note of so. Veronica was so enthusiastic about arriving at the mansion and wanted an opportunity to appeal to the Blackmore family with her fragrances. There was no doubt about it that this was up Veronica’s alley. Poised, elegant, and eloquent - all traits that Veronica possessed. A seemingly princess-like demeanour in the way she spoke and dressed. She seemed she would fit in just fine. Li-Wei, while growing up to be well-manner and poised, felt she couldn’t fit into that lifestyle. Not that she couldn’t, but preferred to live life as a minimalist. Clothes made out of the most expensive material, century-old wine to sip on, lavish decor… These were things Xun didn’t care about. They were nice, sure, but it was over-the-top for the dancer. However, it was nice hearing how Veronica would adapt to it. She was happy for her.

Unfortunately for the traditional dancer, she couldn’t recall much of the duration of the flight as she passed out on Veronica’s shoulder. Veronica had woken her up as they were descending, being sure to catch a glimpse of where they will be staying for the month. The scenery was spectacular. Li-Wei didn’t know what to expect, but she didn’t think the mansion (or castle??) would be as massive as it was. Xun settled back into her seat, letting out a groan. She’s started to feel nauseous, and terrified, from all of this. It could also be the case of being halfway across the country away from her dear mǔqīn. Oh how dearly she missed her. It’s been only a day and she already felt homesick. She’ll try to make the days last as long as possible, while also wanting to go by faster.

Once the plane came to a full stop and the doors opened up, she followed behind her former classmate outside. She was soon greeted with the strong scent of pine and the sound of birds chirping. It was peaceful. It helped ease some of the nauseousness she had earlier. The sight of the limousines caught Li-Wei’s attention. Oh my, she hadn’t seen cars that were so long before. She was half-expecting a horse-drawn carriage, but perhaps that was too over the top for the Blackmore family?

As Veronica and Li-Wei were escorted to their seats, Li-Wei wondered when she would get her phone back. She was still bothered by the fact flight attendants took away everyone’s phones. How else was she going to message her mǔqīn about her safe landing? Hopefully, once arriving, she can get her belongings back.

The ride to the castle-like mansion was soothing, as Li-Wei was relieved to be on the ground. Li-Wei was quiet throughout most of the car ride - since Veronica was conversing with the other alumni who were present. Xun was paying little to no mind to the conversation as she was too distracted by looking outside. There was nothing much to look at besides trees, but the scenery resembled the landscape of Guilin. What can she say? Li-Wei is a sucker for beautiful scenery. Soon enough, there was a clearing. Instead of seeing the same trees over and over, on the horizon, the Blackmore residence could be seen. Being utterly hypnotized by the architecture of the mansion, she uttered a low 'wow'.

As the limousines parked in front of the large water feature, Li-Wei held her tote bag close to her side and walked over towards the fountain. After roughly 20 hours, she was here in one piece. This whole trip was tiring, now she was hungry and ready to relax. Anything that wasn’t strenuous.

“That was painful.” A tired laugh followed as the dancer spun around on her heels to face Veronica. “Are you feeling quite alright? Oh, and also, do you think we’d have joint rooms or separate? We should get joint rooms if there’s space… I’m sure there will be.” She corrected herself, raising her arms to the sky to stretch out her back. Xun’s first act of business was to get food, then do some yoga afterwards. Maybe a quick nap as well - she was jet-lagged after all.

Li-Wei looked around the residence to see if she saw any staff members or royalty walking around, but nothing yet.

“Hmm… I wonder if they know we’re here… Also, here’s the hoping we can get our phones back.”

She seemed to have a lot on her mind.

-----

Interaction: @Vitreus

Thalia Melete, Jonathan Kirkwood

When promped by Himari, Thalia made her way to the boarding gate, closely followed by Jonathan and presumably Gunther -- assuming the latter did not lose his way again despite the fact their destination was right in front of them. Of course, even in a private jet, they couldn't just walk straight through, and had to go through security first. In fact, this check was a lot more rigorous than the one she went through to get to this airport in the first place. Sure, it made sense considering their destination, but still. A bit more trust and good faith would have been appreciated. Oh well, she had nothing to hide, nothing to fear and no reason to disobey, so she simply complied with all of the instructions. "Truly, that is all I have on me." Thalia said after handing over her phone. She, of course, was not quite trusted on her word and had to undergo the exact screening as everyone else. The young woman was suddenly very, very glad that she didn't try to sneak in any cameras or anything like that. Once-in-a-lifetime chance to see a palace from the inside or not, she didn't want to risk the chance of getting kicked out before the trip even started just for the possible opportunity to make some pictures. Eh, she would just have to make do with her memories. What she did not quite expect (even though in retrospect it should have been very much expected) was that 'all sharp objects' included such things as pens and pencils,which were quickly taken away from her. Eh, it didn't matter much; it wasn't like she could do any writing on the flight anyway.
Upon getting through the screening without any further mishaps, Thalia made her way into the actual plane, where she promptly sat down in the nearest empty seat, not bothering to check who else was sitting nearby.

Jonathan, meanwhile... seems like he had been waiting for this moment. He revealed about a dozen or so phones and other pieces of electronics from every possible pocket imaginable, plus one from a pocket unimaginable, waiting for the staff to ask if that was all every. single. time, only to then reveal a few more. It would be amusing for bystanders, if those same bystanders weren't having their schedule ruined. And then the suitcase was opened, revealing a pre-Tragedy wall phone large enough to take up half of the suitcase's space all by itself, and old enough to require a crank. How the comedian even managed to get his hands on it, let alone why he thought it was a good idea to bring it here for the sole purpose of a practical joke was a riddle for the ages. At this point, Thalia just thanked the gods that she happened to be in front of him rather than behind him. At least this way she could sit in a comfortable seat, rather than have to stand in line.
Regardless though, this was the breaking point for the crew, who were not getting paid nearly enough for these shenanigans. The prankster was sternly told to give up all of his communication devices now, or else be left behind. With a sigh and some dramatic gestures that wouldn't have looked out of place if Thalia had made them, the young man revealed one last device; a telegraph machine. Not that the man actually knew Morse code beyond SOS, but hey. Luckily for both him and everyone behind him, that actually was the last thing, and both he and everyone else could finally get a move on.

((For any on-flight events, poke me on Discord))

A good hour or two later, the group finally arrived at the castle -- or to be more exact, a private airstrip somewhere nearby the castle. The last part of their trip was going to be yet another ride in a vehicle. Thalia had to be honest; as comfortable as the transportation was, she would love to be able to stretch her legs again. She was not a fan of long rides, especially not ones where she wasn't behind the wheel, and she had spent the majority of the day cooped up already. Oh well, so be it; it was a necessary evil if she wanted to see the Blackmore villa, no Blackmore Palace from the inside. That prospect was more than worth a bit of... she couldn't even call it discomfort. Annoyance?

As for Jonathan? Well, the young man was mostly just very, very impressed by the ridiculous amount of luxury and the beautiful scenery alike. He wasn't poor in the slightest, none of them really were, but this was still a completely new world to him. So awed was the man that he even forgot to make jokes and quips, most likely much to the relief of his co-passengers.

When the car finally came to a stop, Thalia leapt out of the vehicle a bit faster than was polite, something which she realised a second too late. "I do apologize; that was very unfitting behaviour," she said, offering the driver a small bow. "I am very grateful for the ride."
After making sure that she had not insulted the driver (not that the lady would ever show it; anyone working for the Blackmores was far too highly trained for that) and ensuring herself she was not forgetting anything, Thalia turned around and started stretching. So stiff.... And speaking about stiff, something told her that the moment they would step through those doors, they would be expected to behave like proper ladies and gentlemen. ...And something else told her that about half of them would be wholly incapable of this. So be it. She, for one, would not bring shame to Hope's Peak or her own name.

"...You know, for how tightly-scheduled this entire trip was up until this point, you'd figure that we wouldn't have to wait," Jonathan piped up, now far lighter packed than he was before. "Don't they know it's rude to make people wait? Then again, I'm pretty sure I've heard things about a mandatory 15-min waiting period before visiting important people. Or was that only with doctors? Eh, doctors are important too, right?"

...Yep. Wholly incapable.

Wow, wasn't that one hell of a plane ride?

Giving away her electronics "something she personally wanted to do, she thought maybe if she had bribed the personel there, maybe she could at least keep her phone, claiming that she was only going to use it to listen to music, but then again that excuse was pretty bullshit. Oh well, she had her books at least. Right?

Himari thought she'd be able to get some peace and quiet on the plane, maybe finishing Macbeth on the ride there, but she shoudln't have underestimated her... very chatty classmates. Well, it's not like she can blame them. It's been a while, years even. It's a good thing that they're catching up with one another, but the P.I. decided that now wasn't the time for her to pipe up and talk. After all, they needed to be here at 4 am, of course she was sleepy. So she took a nice nap on her seat, ignoring whatever raging commotion there might be going on.

The short stop between the final trip and retrieving her luggae wasn't all too interesting, but she'd like to remark that she'd found a cool stone somewhere. A shame, she should have picked it up. Nonetheless, she picked up her luggage and immediately dashed off, having challenged some of her former classmates to a race to the limousines.

Finally coming to their residence for the time being was an event in itself.

"Holy shit." Was all she could say, her mouth agape as she carefully watched the castle-like structure. She heard that it was amazing, and lots of praise regarding the building, but all she thought was it was nothing but empty flattery. But they really weren't kidding when they said that this place looked amazing. Well, no, it wasn't just amazing. It was wonderful, like a dream... almost as if it had come out of a fantasy novel!

(Not that she'd know. Ahem.)

Once Himari stepped out of the vehicle, she swiftly dragged out her luggage and admired the view. Hah... the air was far more fresh than in the city, given that this place was wrapped around in a blanket that Mother Nature herself has woven. Just how hard was it to maintain this place? So many plants and trees, and just how grande this building was... she could hear golden coins dropping from the air.

"Honestly, I don't mind waiting. Gotta appreciate the trees every once in a while, yeah?" The P.I. would say, in response to Jonathan's complaints. She'd add something, this time with a snarkier tone. "I'm surprised, for someone who should be doing stand-up, you seem pretty averse to standing."

Nonetheless, Himari stood there, arms crossed. She waited for her classmates to start coming out and join the rest of them, a small smile forming on her face when they'd start doing so.

"Isn't this like a field trip? Pretty exciting, no?" And nostalgic, to say the least.

Though, the trip itself wasn't the most exciting bit. They'll finally be meeting the Blackmores, the people who had invited them. They were so elusive and secretive, that not much more than a peep could be heard about them.

Of course, being Himari, she had money to receive, and a job to fulfill.

"Let's see if you're as interesting as they say." She'd murmur to herself.

(@Neobullseye, anyone else who'd like to interact with her!)