Dangan Ronpa: The Despair-Inducing Game Brought to

Do you know anything about Dangan Ronpa

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[BCOLOR=#3366ff]"Faster! Harder! Higher! Pretty sure that's what your girlfriend was screaming anyway..."[/BCOLOR]

2u4pvsh.jpg

• Full Name: Ryder Draven Laurence.

Nickname(s): Asshole. Ry, an abbreviation of his name.

Birthday: April 3rd 1996.

Nationality: British.

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual.

Zodiac Sign: Aries.

SHSL: Extreme Sports Athlete.

Voice: Ken Ashcorp.

Character Banner:
    image-jpeg.117857

Colour of Dialogue: [BCOLOR=#3366ff]Peach on royal blue, or as Ryder calls it "Your lil peach cheeks on my princely lap."[/BCOLOR]

Theme:
  • Virtues: Ryder has a lot of self esteem, so he is never afraid to express himself. He's also rather courageous, willing to face many risks and dangers. Being the ultimate extreme sports athlete Ryder is very athletic, his body pretty much at the height of fitness.

Flaws: None, they are perfect Ryder's great confidence confidence also makes them egotistical, and sometimes too stubborn to other peoples' ideas. On the surface he is a snide person, who makes many contemptuous comments just to wind people up. Ryder acts on his impulses, meaning he will rush into a situation without properly planning it through.

Personality: Ryder is a smug-faced wise-cracking troublemaker. His confidence is off the charts while his inhibitions are rock bottom, creating one of the most self-centred jerks in existence. Thankfully their wit and jokes make up for it.... for the most part. They are actually rather friendly underneath their initial snark, with a desire to get to know those around him. Ryder is naturally inquisitive, seeking adventure and sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. On several occasions his careless curiosity has caused unrest, the consequences of which he normally manages to avoid. Perhaps other people would be bothered by the many cries of annoyance Ryder arouses, but he just bounces off with his ever-optimistic and energetic attitude. It seems it would take something as crazy as a mutual killing game to ever knock the grin off Ryder's face...

Likes: Getting an adrenaline rush is one of Ryder's favourite feelings, so he's always pushing the boundaries further to get the next high. He also love the sensation of fresh air sweeping over his body, meaning he wears minimal clothing while participating in sports. Early mornings are Ryder's favourite time of day, since he is raring to get going as soon as he wakes up. Being an extroverted person Ryder loves making jokes, using them a far more than is appropriate. Ryder is already extremely energetic, but electronic music fills him with even more vigour. Ryder doesn't tell anyone this, but he's also a fan of pacifism.

Dislikes: Being still is the thing Ryder hates the most as he sees it as a waste of time he could be doing sport. Deriving from that is his dislike for chores, since he finds them too monotonous and requiring too little movement. Ryder also dislikes smart clothes, much preferring a casual style, since smart clothes are completely impractical in Ryder's opinion. The smell of hospitals makes Ryder think of being injured, a fear for any professional athlete. Smoke is another smell Ryder can't stand, as it reminds him of a incidence from when he was younger. A stranger dislike of Ryder's is baseless romantic gestures- he's actually a bit of a hopeless romantic, so doesn't like being romantic with others just for the sake of it.

Fears: Like most athletes Ryder fears getting injured, as it would restrict his participation in sport. He's also afraid of fire after an incidence from when he was younger.
  • Height: 6'0".

Weight: 172 lbs of muscle.

Blood Type: B.

Clothing: Ryder usually wears very casual clothing influenced by punk style. His favourite outfit is ripped jeans, studded belt, zip up tank hoodie, and skull patterned trainers.

Face Claim: Yubel possessing Jesse Anderson.

johan_yubel.png
  • Place of Birth: London. However Ryder didn't stay there long- he's travelled a lot over the course of his life.

Full History: Ryder was born to a well-off family, his mother being an actress and his father being a pop singer. His parents fame meant that they couldn't see Ryder as often as they would have liked while he was growing up. When his parents were present they were utterly affectionate, not in any way bad parents- however the demand of their jobs simply meant neither of them were the primary presence in Ryder's childhood. Rather, Ryder's uncle Raoul was the one who played the greatest role in Ryder's upbringing. Raoul regularly offered to keep an eye on Ryder when his parents were busy and often took Ryder out on trips.

When Ryder was seven years old he was introduced to extreme sports for the first time. Raoul was supposed to be doing a ski lesson, being a snow sports instructor, but nobody else was available to look after Ryder- so Raoul took Ryder along for the lesson. Despite never having been skiing before Ryder easily surpassed the other people in the lesson. Consequentially Raoul took Ryder along for more snow sports lessons, and Ryder's natural affinity soon became obvious. Raoul was incredibly happy to share his passion with Ryder, and the two bonded further other their many snow sports sessions together. However it was clear to Raoul that Ryder longed for more than the slopes: so for his 8th birthday Raoul got Ryder some climbing gear and booked him several lessons. This is what began Ryder's interest in other extreme sports, and is thus his favourite ever birthday present.

At 11 years old Ryder met the boy who would later become his best friend- Coal. Upon meeting inside a cafe Ryder made a snide comment to Coal, which was returned with a sarky retort. One thing soon led to another, it ending with Ryder challenging Coal to snowboarding race. Coal took Ryder up on the offer, and the pair sped out of the cafe to begin their competition. Ryder thought it would be an easy win: it ended in a draw. After few post-race insults the two agreed to hang our again- Ryder had finally found someone who could keep up with his pace and wouldn't back down against his offence. It turns out they had a lot in common: great freedom due to their parent's jobs; having a passion for extreme sports; enjoying banter and adventure. They began to practice extreme sports together, eventually training in tandem whenever possible. Somehow Ryder had found a best friend who didn't just put up with his snide attitude, but loved and returned it.

Around the time Ryder was 15 he and Coal were on a trip together up a mountain, staying in a wooden lodge. Ryder was supposed to be responsible for making dinner whilst Coal went out to look for some equipment they'd lost earlier. However after putting the food on Ryder promptly fell asleep... Then awoke to the smell of smoke, bright flames dancing around the room. In his panicked rush to escape Ryder ran into something, knocking himself out. The next thing he remembers is lying in the snow outside the lodge, Coal choking besides him with tears down his face. The lodge was falling apart, and it became apparent to Ryder that Coal had risked his own life to perhaps save Ryder's, not even being able to know for sure if Ryder had still be in there.

Ryder was scouted for Estorra after winning several extreme sports competitions during his later teenage years. He was reluctant to accept at first as he was worried about not being able to travel to the appropriate for his sports. However he learnt that the academy gave students a fair amount of freedom, and they would be very supportive of him developing his extreme sports talent, so decided to give it a shot. There was still one more reason why Ryder was hesitant to attend Estorra, but he'd never admit it: not wanting to go to the Academy because he'd miss Coal is totally lame, in Ryder's opinion.
  • Family: Mother= Serena Laurence, 48. Serena is a popular actress, who has starred mostly in romance films. She was known for being quite the flirt before settling down with Ryder's father, so a lot the dating advice Ryder has received comes from her. The two have a close relationship, and are comfortable talking about taboo subjects with one another.
    Father= Dan Laurence, 49. Dan is a singer in a four man pop group which has had several hits over recent years. Well known for his cynicism, Dan often marks sarky remarks. He's taught Ryder not to take life too seriously, and Dan's laid-back attitude has clearly rubbed off on Ryder.
    Uncle= Raoul, 45. Raoul is a well-reputed snow sports coach. Ryder is much closer to Raoul than his actual parents, since Raoul played a greater part in Ryder's life while he was growing up. Raoul is the one who first introduced Ryder into extreme sports, and is incredibly proud of Ryder being accepted into Estorra due to his extreme sports prowess.

Friends: Best friend= Coal, 18. The two have been best friends since they were 11, and have been inseparable since. Coal is also an extreme sports enthusiast with a lot of freedom given to him by his parents, so the two usually train together. Ryder has unrequited romantic feelings towards Coal, which he tries to ignore.

Pets: None, too busy with sports to look after one properly.

Enemies: Doesn't consider himself to have any personal enemies- other people may disagree though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[BCOLOR=#99ccff]"Faster! Harder! Higher! Pretty sure that's what your girlfriend was screaming anyway..."[/BCOLOR]

Yubel.Johan.full.158527.jpg

General

Full Name: Ryder Draven Laurence.

Nickname(s): Ry, an abbreviation of his name. Asshole.

Birthday: April 3rd 1997.

Nationality: British.

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual.

Zodiac Sign: Aries.

SHSL: Extreme Sports Athlete.

Personality

Virtues: Confident, athletic, daring.

Flaws: None, they are perfect Egotistical, impulsive, snide.

Personality: Ryder is a smug-faced wise-cracking troublemaker. His confidence is off the charts, while his inhibitions are rock bottom, creating one of the most self-centred jerks in existence. Thankfully their wit and jokes make up for it.... for the most part. They are actually rather friendly underneath their initial snark, with a desire to get to know those around him. Ryder is naturally inquisitive, seeking adventure and sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. On several occasions his careless curiosity has caused unrest, the consequences of which he normally manages to avoid. Perhaps other people would be bothered by the many cries of annoyance Ryder arouses, but he just bounces with his ever-optimistic and energetic attitude.

Likes: Getting an adrenaline rush, jokes, fresh air, early mornings, electronic music.

Dislikes: Chores, sitting still, smart clothes, the smell of hospitals, smoke.

Fears: Fire, Ryder won't go anywhere near it.

Physical Appearance

Height: 6'0".

Weight: 172 lbs of muscle.

Blood Type: B.

Clothing: Ripped jeans, chunky belt, zip up tank hoodie, patterned trainers.

Background:

Place of Birth: London.

Full History: TBA (*cry*)

Relationships

Family: TBA

Friends: TBA

Pets: None, too busy with sports to look after one properly.

Enemies: Doesn't consider himself to have any personal enemies- other people may disagree though.

Miscellaneous

Face Claim: Yubel possessing Jesse Anderson.

Voice: Ken Ashcorp.

Character Banner: I'll need someone to provide me with one, please.

Color of Dialogue: Screw it, let's use [BCOLOR=#99ccff]NEON PINK ON BLUE[/BCOLOR] candy colours to take the piss, since that's what Ry would do. And because all the normal colours have been taken.

Theme:
OH MY GOD YOUR CHARACTER AND MY CHARACTER HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDATE. (Well, My character was born in 2000, but still.)

Last edited by a moderator:
*sheepishly hides*
Sorry about the mess, I've been doing a lot of clean ups in the site lately.

But you can't out fab Paolo!

*sheepishly hides*
Sorry about the mess, I've been doing a lot of clean ups in the site lately.

But you can't out fab Paolo!
At some point in the Story I want him to say this:

"It's not called being gay. It's called being FABULOUS!"

(You get a cookie if you get the reference :D)

Voice & face claim added, should be ready.

"But.... I found it.... why do they get to take it?..."
LwRuJIi.jpg

General-
Full Name: Shiraki Kojiro
Nickname(s): -None-
Birthday: March 15
Nationality: Japanese
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
SHSL: Explorer

Personality-
Virtues: Curious, Vigilant, Courageous.
Flaws: Shy, Overprotective, Anxious
Likes: Compasses, Survival tools, Fire, & most of all, Rope!
Dislikes: Old moldy water, Talking to people,
Fears: Drowning, Getting stuck in the dark, Greedy People

Physical Appearance-
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 143 lbs
Blood Type: B
Clothing: Large brown overcoat, cap, googles, & a belt with various pouches.

Background-
Place of Birth: Osaka, Japan
Full History:
A rather jumpy individual, Kojiro got his experience exploring when he began traveling with his botanist father & his brothers around the world when he was still barely past his toddler years. The inattentiveness of his father meant Kojiro would wander off & due to his own innate talent, was fortunate enough to avoid snakes, poison frogs, hidden pits, & wild cats.

Eventually as he got older, he & his 2 older brothers began to head out further away from their father's expeditions, they would wander & travel, Kojiro's older brothers mapping out what they found as they traveled, one day leaving their father to his shrubs while they expeditioned deeper into the wilds than any known explorers had gone in the region. The maps they made were wildly circulated around academic circles, further spreading the Shiraki name. However, about 4 years ago, an incident on a major discovery led to the death of his two brothers & the government taking control of the discovery as well as erasing any claims the Shiraki family had on the discovery. While the claim was tenious, Kojiro's notes were still accepted by some academics, including a scout for Estorra Academy, Kojiro continued exploring, but the exploration would be slower without his brothers, eventually he gave up & decided to head to the Academy, hoping he could find a way to help fulfill the last promise he made to his brothers.

Relationships-
Family: His father is a botanist who doesn't give too much attention to his son's affairs. He had 2 brothers but are deceased. Mother died when he was young.
Friends: -None-
Pets: -None-
Enemies: An unnamed South American Government

Miscellaneous-

Face Claim: Kino
Voice: Yumiko Kobayashi (Like Ooyama from Angel Beats)
Character Banner:
YllzCbe.png

Color of Dialogue:
"People don't try to go beyond the horizon enough."

• Love
Reactions: Navi
Voice & face claim added, should be ready.

"But.... I found it.... why do they get to take it?..."
LwRuJIi.jpg

General-
Full Name: Shiraki Kojiro
Nickname(s): -None-
Birthday: March 15
Nationality: Japanese
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
SHSL: Explorer

Personality-
Virtues: Curious, Vigilant, Courageous.
Flaws: Shy, Overprotective, Anxious
Likes: Compasses, Survival tools, Fire, & most of all, Rope!
Dislikes: Old moldy water, Talking to people,
Fears: Drowning, Getting stuck in the dark, Greedy People

Physical Appearance-
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 143 lbs
Blood Type: B
Clothing: Large brown overcoat, cap, googles, & a belt with various pouches.

Background-
Place of Birth: Osaka, Japan
Full History:
A rather jumpy individual, Kojiro got his experience exploring when he began traveling with his botanist father & his brothers around the world when he was still barely past his toddler years. The inattentiveness of his father meant Kojiro would wander off & due to his own innate talent, was fortunate enough to avoid snakes, poison frogs, hidden pits, & wild cats.

Eventually as he got older, he & his 2 older brothers began to head out further away from their father's expeditions, they would wander & travel, Kojiro's older brothers mapping out what they found as they traveled, one day leaving their father to his shrubs while they expeditioned deeper into the wilds than any known explorers had gone in the region. The maps they made were wildly circulated around academic circles, further spreading the Shiraki name. However, about 4 years ago, an incident on a major discovery led to the death of his two brothers & the government taking control of the discovery as well as erasing any claims the Shiraki family had on the discovery. While the claim was tenious, Kojiro's notes were still accepted by some academics, including a scout for Estorra Academy, Kojiro continued exploring, but the exploration would be slower without his brothers, eventually he gave up & decided to head to the Academy, hoping he could find a way to help fulfill the last promise he made to his brothers.

Relationships-
Family: His father is a botanist who doesn't give too much attention to his son's affairs. He had 2 brothers but are deceased. Mother died when he was young.
Friends: -None-
Pets: -None-
Enemies: An unnamed South American Government

Miscellaneous-

Face Claim: Kino
Voice: Yumiko Kobayashi (Like Ooyama from Angel Beats)
Character Banner:
YllzCbe.png

Color of Dialogue:
"People don't try to go beyond the horizon enough."
Yep Yep. It looks great. Thank you ^^.

Something's wrong with the BBCodes which makes it difficult for me to finish my Character Sheet, but not to worry. It shall be done.

At some point in the Story I want him to say this:

"It's not called being gay. It's called being FABULOUS!"

(You get a cookie if you get the reference :D)
I get a cookie because of poods?! AUAAHAUAH yay :'D

Something's wrong with the BBCodes which makes it difficult for me to finish my Character Sheet, but not to worry. It shall be done.
Did you remember ot make sure that the BBcoding is not formatted?

Just got Ryder's backstory left to do I believe! I'm still planning it out in my head, I want to make sure it explain everything properly (like his fear of fire).

CS will be soon I promise. Spent all day celebrating my birthday and now I'm dead inside.

Just got Ryder's backstory left to do I believe! I'm still planning it out in my head, I want to make sure it explain everything properly (like his fear of fire).
Sounds good. I'm working on mine too. It'll hopefully be done tonight! :D

Reactions: Daz
Status
Not open for further replies.