Dangan Ronpa Inspired RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibbycookie

Original poster
Hello! Would anyone be interested in doing an Dangan Ronpa inspired rp?
It would basically be similar to the first game BUT with our own class full of OCs instead of the canon characters.
I just want to gauge potential interest because I don't want to put work into potential plots and such and then find out no one would want to join in.

I've been wanting to do a DR rp for a while but I've been hard pressed to find a good way for it to work on a forum. First and foremost you have to ensure that the players are dedicated (or at least a core few) and also they'd need to be aware that over half of them will inevitably die. Also there needs to be a way for the murders to be done in secret (via pm?) with only those involved and the mods knowing so that the problem-solving is genuine. Also a way to "choose" who dies. We can't have people killing other's willy-nilly and of course if it was just a matter of asking I doubt it would go anywhere. I guess you could have a rng... After the incentive is given if no one steps forward than rng who the murder/victim are. Or if one person steps forward (to the mods) to say that their character has enough incentive to kill and/or they dont want to rp anymore then you'd only need to randomize one of the people. Or maybe you do get pairs of people to step forward on their own! Good to have a backup plan though. Also the admin/mods should have a monokuma or monomi (or both??) type of character to help guide the players in the right direction (at least enough to get the investigations going) and to help with the trials.
Which is another issue entirely how will the trials pan out? During trials would posting format change? Ie instead of a full paragraph a few lines of dialogue and maybe a short description of actions/movement (especially if they have a nervous tic...)

Status
Not open for further replies.