Dangan Ronpa 2: Lets Chat! (Infinity Unlimited Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waking Nights

Under a Neon Sun
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Almost...everything. Though I really enjoy dark or horror stories, even in romance I like dark romance and twisted romances.
Alright guys, so I just beat Dangan Ronpa 2 and my god....that ending twist. Threw me for a loop. I'd just like to talk about a few topics for people who beat the game. It goes without saying that SUPER SPOILERS in bound, the majority of my first post will be in a spoiler but the rest will not nor probably anyone else's posts. So...without further adue. I'll list the topics in a nice clear manner though.
Favorite Character
This kinda goes without saying, who's your favorite character and why, honestly...this is so hard for me...I'd have to say both Nekomaru and Gundham Tanaka. I love them both just cause well...Nekomaru is a very interesting character and he also was one of the few who really seemed to never consider anyone an enemy and wanted them to better themselves. Gundham because even though he turned out to be a killer, he killed to save the others even though he seems like a jerk/evil he always had a good heart under his whole guise. Not to mention HIS EXECUTION SO SAD D:
Nagito comes in at a special mention though, while he wasnt my favorite character. I LOVED his deconstruction of the message of the first game, along with being a very interesting person in and of himself. (Also am I the only one who thought he was the protag of the first game at first?)
Hajime Hinata's...specialness​
Its well known that Hajime is actually Izuru Kamukura, aka the guy who did the first killing game, the Ultimate hope turned despair and person who set up AI Junko's take over of the world. They claim his brain is altered phyiscally in the real world, which I think is the reason for his regaining some memories in the game, along with the whole dead people coming back/seeing the glitches. Its implied the other characters dont see the people who come back towards the end (it seems like a glitch but pay attention that no one actually says anything to them) and they say "its like an invisible wall is blocking my path" while in the fake hope's peak.) so whats the way you read it.
Why the ending is happier then it seems​
Well besides the fact the people who died are only in comas in the end, lets keep in mind Hajime's mind is still physically altered to be special and SUPER AMAZING. He just retains his Hajime persona. Also towards the end the characters seem to return, and if you check their homes you seemingly get messages from them beyond the grave. So both of these put together (The fact they have the guy who's talent is motherfucking talent, to solve the whole coma issue) and it seems fragments of their avatars are still around...its somewhat easy to see they'll beable to save them.​

So you guys got any topics you want to chat about go ahead. Just a little note I havent finished reading Dangan Ronpa zero but I dont mind talking about that either. (And Dangan Ronpa IF discussion is permitted as well.)​

Hajime going super saiyan was pretty fucking amazing.

I find he fact that NISA hasn't announced a localization of Another Episode yet a bit bothersome.

But as for the topic, it's hard for me to choose a favorite, because my mind just defaults to 'who do I like besides Komaeda'. I'd have to say Koizumi or Gundam though. Gundam is just great, I don't think much more needs to be said, and chunni characters are always at least a little fun because of the way they describe their life events in such a dramatic way, like his comments inside the hospital. Koizumi was really well developed despite, well, things happening, and her Free Times were really good.

I just wish Saionji had been a survivor. She wasn't the best or most likable character in the game but a meaningful character arc would have fixed that, like seeing her reconcile with Kuzuryuu over the course of the game. That would have given Koizumi's death more meaning too.

But Komaeda though, just...holy shit.
I mean, he isn't very likeable in the least, but he's a great twist on the first game, he's a well written, crazy bastard, and the voice acting is perfectly executed (Megumi Ogata yeesss). Not that Papenbrook did a bad job in what little of the dub I did hear (the first Trial), but anything less than perfect wouldn't have satisfied me, because Ogata fucking nailed it. Speaking of dub voices though, I did like Hanamura and Koizumi.

Though while speaking of characters, I did want to mention a couple that no one seemed to like for pretty clear reasons, Owari and Souda:

I guess to compare the cast of the first and second games in general, the one in the second game is much more interesting and developed, but with those two and their first game counterparts, Asahina and Hagakure, I figured that even while Owari and Souda are more interesting do to their better Free Times and the fact that they became Remnants, the fact that their characters didn't develop much at all made them less likable, while Asahina and Hagakure had some good moments and slightly better development, even though they weren't as dimensional or interesting. I guess what I'm trying to say is that good ideas don't mean anything if they aren't well executed.

Status
Not open for further replies.