Dalvin

Status
Not open for further replies.
She nodded, unsurprised by that. "The Chromacrystal, hm?" She sighed. "He's a little late pets, Blue Jay got here first." She handed them the bread. "Dears, you know you don't have to stay with him." She'd heard rumors about Kron, and how cruel he was. "You can go with me. Once we dump fire breath over there, I have some things that I need to do, and help is always welcome." She shot the fire mage a teasing look. "I am Seraph." She introduced herself. "Tell me your names, dears?"

Mol took the bread gratefully with a rushed thanks, next to him Ril was fidgeting in excitement. He bent the bread in half, enjoying the sounds of the crust crackle and tear until it finally broke in half along the middle. With the bread split, Ril wasted no time devouring his bread while Mol chewed on his share slowly as he listened to Seraph continue.

It was true - they didn't had to stay with Kron. They always made plans to escape, but they never did because.. Where would they go? How will they live? No one is going to want to hire a couple of scrawny drows. Yet here was a kind lady, offering them solid company. Maybe more food if they do good stuff. Mol thought she was heaven sent.

"He's Ril." he pointed to his brother, who was already half way through his share.

"He's Mol." Ril added, pointing at Mol in between chews and gulps.

"We'll go with you, Miss Seraph." Mol replied shyly, but kept eye contact with the water fae. "Thank you."

Now all they had to hope was that Kron wouldn't miss them and that he won't come and kill them in the process.

" You wanted the chromabauble. Right? Well sorry to say, it was gone before we even got it." The two drow were bone thin. " Seraph, just give them the bread but slice it in two. Otherwise they might fight each other for it. Now, this Kron fellow. He's having you collect chromacrystal? Tell you what." He pulled out a large plump apple from his satchel. " You tell me where he is and I'll give you this apple, and these." He pulled out two bottles of mead. " Deal?" He knew about someone around the area collecting anything chromacrystal related. He had done a bit of 'violent research' and found the name of the guy. Kron the Kind. Ironic because this man often beat and raped anything he wanted, as well as taking. Tom was very interested in possessing the thing Kron took.

Mol was still chewing on his bread, but Ril was so greedy that he ate his share in ten seconds flat and looked at Mol's portion longingly. The other twin wasted no time to hesitate as he broke off a chunk of his bread and gave it to Ril to nibble, then Mol looked up at Tom with studying eyes. Now finding Kron was something else. They couldn't just bring Tom and Seraph to the band and expect it to be a waltz at the party. The guild traveled around like gypsies, living in the wildernesses outside cities for a day and then leaving without a trace. The two tried to rack their little brains; Where was the meeting place supposed to be?

"I think.."

"Enulia Ruins."

"Yeah." Ril muttered as he tried to reach up for the apple.

Mol finished his bread, looking at the mead curiously. "What's that?" he pointed at the bottles. They look similar to what the higher ups in the guild drank, but they were never given some. "Juice?"

<<Sorry everyone it's been a bit hard to post lately.>>
" This My deprived friends is what we call bitter sweet mead. A tasty little drink with strange properties." He looked at their confused faces. " You'll like it trust me." Tom said with a smile. He handed them the glasses and the apple, which he cut to keep them from fighting over it.

"Mead.." Mol repeated after Tom when he was handed a glass and half an apple. Ril wasted no time devouring his piece of fruit, while the other twin stuffed the apple into his pockets for later. Mol liked to ration, it's a habit now. Then the two just looked at the glasses curiously. Strange properties? They must be cautious, they though, but both took tentative sips anyway.

"Ooh!"

The sharp scent of alcohol invaded their nostrils by the time the smooth, sweet liquid touched their tongues. Was that honey? It was like drinking down the best kind of honey - natural, thick and just a hint of bittersweet tang. Oh, it was like drinking melted gold! One of them began to chug the whole glass down while the other one just slowly drunk. Who cares about strange properties now? Enjoy today, regret later instead! Ril brought the glass down once he was done, releasing a loud, satisfied 'Ahhh' from his big mouth. "Thanksh," he said as he gave the glass back to the winged man, a faint dark blue blush forming in his cheeks - the signs of being tipsy.

Seraph put her hands on her hips. "Don't give them that!" She objected. "You're going to corrupt the poor dears." She sighed and shook her head. "Poor things, all alone. Well, not anymore." She put her hands on their shoulders. "They're staying with me now. I've adopted them." She grinned. "Now, lets find a place to camp for the night, shall we?" She gave the clearly tipsy Ril a worried look. "Don't drink too much, I don't want you to get sick."

"They'll be fine. They're old enough now to start drinking. After all it seems they have been deprived of the worlds more exciting pleasures." He sat down on a rock and pulled out some plump grapes, and started snacking on them. " Why don't you go ahead and grab yourself a snack squirt." He smiled at his pun. Water sprite, squirt. What a laugh.

In the end, Mol couldn't finish his glass of mead. He was already half way done and the world was oddly spinning around him - it was so odd. His nose and ears darkened, like a blush, and he spun his upper body in circles slowly as he furrowed his brow as if it would help him regain balance. Ril, on the other hand, was laughing uncontrollably at Tom's pun.

"Aha! Aha! Ahahaha! He shaid shquirt! Aha! Aha! Ahahaha! Do you get it, brother?"

"... No."

"No, you do get it! Bwahahaha!" Ril tried to explain the joke, but he formed a laughing-stitch which caused him to limp around with his hand pressed against his sides. Mol just watched him silently, still spinning his head around with half-closed eyelids.

"I don't want anymore," Mol mumbled, looking at his glass worriedly. The taste was great yes, but it was so.. thick. Thick and strong. It made his head and stomach warm and funny in unnatural ways. He hiccuped a bit, then pushed the glass into Seraph's hand. "Don't want."

Finally, Ril couldn't take the laughing stitch anymore while giggling, so he fell and rolled over on the grassy floor in an attempt to calm down.

Tom glanced at the two drow and then to seraph with a look of amusement. He said with a smile in his voice,"Come on, squirt lets go find a place to make camp." He started walking down the road towards the clearing. making sure to raise the fire up to make sure he got as much light as he could. He hated the dark. " It was nice doing business with you." He raised and hand in farewell to the drow. " I'll send Kron your regards."

Tom quietly thought if the drow would follow behind them or not.

(( Hey guys I'm back!!! Sorry it took so long but I have access to a computer but I will only be checking in every day or two until my laptop is fixed. ))

Status
Not open for further replies.