Dalvin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He laughed. " I believe it is rude to ask for someone's name without first introducing yourself." She seemed to be the impatient sort. Strange thing, most faerie live extremely long lives. As far as he knew a sprite aged normally until twenty-one. After that she would be aging one year for every ten human years. Unless she is killed or given immortality by one of the faerie courts. Speaking of which, he wondered how this girl stood on fey politics, and on which side. He himself had worked for both courts at some point. Many people in Dalvin considered this a wise move. Those who sought to fight anywhere would at one time or another swear an amount of time to the fey, in order to get a weapon or spell or even just good graces of one of the courts.

" For future reference my name is Tom. I also have a couple of questions. Firstly your name? A man is not a man if he's not courteous. Secondly. You are fey so I wonder with which court do you stand with if any? A man is a dead man if not cautious." He tried to keep the mood light. He would learn nothing about this girl and her past. For all he knew she could be a butcher of men. Though unless she worked for winter he doubted it.

Ril made a face like he was about to puke, even pretending that he was sticking his finger down his throat. His brother, Mol, couldn't agree more - the man and the woman needed to get a room. They played with the rims of their hoods as they reluctantly continued to watch the winged man and the water sprite. They had it with them, but judging with the scary, fire man's reaction - it must be broken. Boss would not like that. They were supposed to scout the area, sneak in and take the chromacrystal together. Boss would reward them, Boss would give them something to eat. Looks like they'll have to endure empty tummies until tomorrow. Mother Night helped blend them into the darkness, their pale, blue skin hidden under dark cloaks and their identical faces concealed in their hoods.

"Shall we follow? Shall we leave?"

"We follow, see which town."

"Then we tell Boss."

"Boss won't be happy." Ril said sadly. They were only young, 16 year old drows who's only source of income was to obey their clan's Boss - Kron. They were lean, shorter than average teenaged drows and always hungry. Kron was tall. Kron was big. Kron was like a father, but Kron can be scary. They didn't want to come home to find an angry Kron. Mol comforted Ril with a pat on the shoulders.

"Let's go."

And they shuffled deeper into the forest. Tracking these two is very easy. Wingman need light, and even if he put it out they could see in the dark with their cold, golden eyes. They followed closely, but kept their distance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
Serah raised an eyebrow at his long list of questions. "Curious, are we?" She asked. "My name is Seraph. As for the courts, I have very little time for petty squabbles and endless politics, so I align myself with no court. I think you would refer to me as a 'wild fey'. Horrible thing to call someone, I think. How rude. I'm just a free spirit is all." She shrugged and gestured back toward the ruins. "We should start looking near the ruins. It would make sense for the quarry to be near there. Or we could sleep in the hall-Oh wait, someone blew it up." She gave him a sweet smile as she started to walk.

"Like I said I was only being cautious. I myself have worked for the courts at one point or another. I would have to say I prefer the summer to winter though." He thought back to the times he had worked for the winter court. A terrifying memory. " Also remember how big those ruins are? You probably didn't look into much about the area but it was made by giants. Which means what was near to them is far from us."

She shrugged. "If you have a better idea, be my guest." She said. "If not, I'd suggest following the chasm from in front of the temple. It would make sense for the fissure to lead to a larger gap." She turned to look at the temple. "At there very least we could camp with our backs to the temples and take turns keeping watch." She really didn't think there was much out here, but he seemed to be worried about it.

"It is unstable after all the explosions and magic. I would not have planned on going back so I didn't think I would need it. Also if we tried to stay there something would most likely collapse on us. Besides since all of those vines were there, something small and poisonous could easily sneak up, bite you, and then lay thousands they're young in your lower intestines and you don't even want to know how they get into your body." He said humorously. Though he laughed he knew it was a gruesome process. No we need to find someplace where there is few plants. Someplace very barren. Where we can tell if something is trying to sneak up on us. Jungle lions are notorious for that." He said knowingly.

She sighed and shrugged. "Well then we better get moving. I'm sure it'll take more than just a little walking to find a barren place. As long as you're not planning to blow anything else up, I mean." She turned and started towards the tree line again. "Wait just a minute and I'll tell you what I see." She swung up into the lower branches of the trees and climbed quickly. Soon she reached the top and she took a firm hold of a branch above her before leaning out to scan the surrounding area. "Well, I don't see the quarry, but there's a big clearing over there." She pointed in the general area. "We could head that way."

A bug fell on Mol's head and Ril promptly brushed it off for him with a leather gloved hand. The trees were starting to get thicker and the vines hung lower. While it did improved their hiding place, it wasn't the most comfortable. The two continued listening, watching the woman point at a flat clearing.

"They're going to camp?"

"Out here.."

"We must stay watch."

"But hungry.." Mol and Ril pressed at their scrawny bellies. There was hardly any belly in the first place. Ril picked up a passing beetle and held it up to his face, watching it's tiny little legs wriggle about in the air. He was seriously contemplating on eating it. It would be crunchy, that's for sure. And where will they sleep? Should they even sleep?

"We take turns." Mol answered smartly. Ril nodded in agreement. That's what they were good at the most - teamwork. Argues and disputes between the two do happen, but at the end of the day they make up and work together again as if they've never fought before. Ril's stomach started twisting and gave a growl, so he crushed the beetle as much as he could and popped it in his mouth. Very crunchy. Mol just watched his brother eat with concern.

"Alright, kid lead the way." He said with a slight sneer. " It seems like a good defensive position. If anything comes near us I can just set the clearing ablaze." The flame in his palm danced excitedly.

She rolled her eyes. "You and setting things 'ablaze'." she muttered. "You're drained, remember? You'll be lucky to light a candle." She leapt from the tree, then started to walk in the direction she'd pointed out.

"In the dry looking grass like that, all I need is a spark." He said evilly. " I hope you can handle the heat if you need to. I would hate to leave you all 'hot' and bothered." He laughed at his own joke even though it wasn't very good.

She rolled her eyes. "Honey, you couldn't get me 'hot and bothered' if you tried." She replied with a wink. "You're not really my type, sweetheart." She didn't bother to look back as she made the comment, just kept walking towards the clearing.

" Haha I know your type. Dumb, muscly, and easy to dispose of." He glanced at her and tried mocking a human drunk, " Surch a preety gurl. You wantsh help wit shomething?" He laughed lightly.

Ril and Mol tried their best to stifle their laughter, but Ril snorted through his giggles. Loudly. Mol socked him on the head for that and Ril whined. Quickly, they tried to change locations, careful not to rustle the leaves too much.

Reactions: 2 people
Seraph was about to reply when she heard something from the brush and spun. She tightened her grip on her staff. "Ssh." She breathed to him quietly as she crept towards the brush. She scanned the brush, then when she saw moving leaves she swung with her staff. She heard the solid thunk of the staff hitting something, but whether or not it hit a person was yet to be determined.

Suddenly something came flying through the air, and pierced a nearby tree with a 'thunk'. There was silence as the two drows stared at it with a dumbfounded look plastered on their faces.. Then Ril threw himself into a whirl of panic, screaming at the staff as if making a lot of noise would make it go away. Rather than being scared at whoever was attacking them, the twins were more worried about this thing that was separating them.

Mol tried his best to hush his brother while pulling out the staff out of the tree. All the while, Ril was still shrieking blindly. Once in a while he would pause to catch his breath, then he would continue his broken howls.

Seraph winced when she heard a catastrophe of noise coming from the brush. Did I hit someone that hard? She wondered to herself. She felt someone togging on her staff and tugged it away before wading into the brush. To her surprise, she found two someones. She seized them by their necks and pulled them out into the open. "Calm down, honey." She said to the one who was screaming. "I'm about as likely to hurt you as a bunny. Unless you attack me first, of course." She looked from one to the other. "Now, my little shadow creepers, do you want to tell me why you were following me?"

Ril continued screaming while he was being pulled away by Seraph, but they were starting to get fainter because his throat was getting dryer.

"Please don't hurt him," Mol pleaded as they were pulled by the necklines of their clothing. Their hoods fell back, revealing their blue-skinned faces. Both twins looked exactly alike, they even had their hair tied the same way. They had long, wispy white hair, tied at the back into thin ponytails. How could one tell which one was which? They looked up at Seraph with scared eyes, listening carefully to what she had to say. One of them was more jittery than the other though.

"No," Ril answered to the woman's question about why they were following them, then looked at Mol mischievously. "Shock her?"

"No!! You crazy?!" Mol squeaked at his brother as if he himself was shocked. "Don't try!" he warned when Ril pouted, then looked up at the woman.

"We didn't want to."

"We need to to eat."

"We do this to eat."

"Do you have food?"

Mol sighed apologetically as he stared at his brother with furrowed brows. He loves his brother, he really does, but sometimes there were times when you want to just hit Ril with a wrench.

Seraph frowned at the two and raised a hand. "Hold on, sweethearts." She said. "You're going a little fast for my poor ears." She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "You do this to eat? Someone makes you follow people?" She looked them over sympathetically. "Poor dears." She dug into her bag and pulled out a loaf of bread. "Here you go." She said, holding it up. "But you don't get it until you answer honestly, alright, pets? Now, what did your employer want?"

The brothers jaws dropped to the floor and their pupils dilate so quickly it was noticeable as they watched the enticing loaf of bread in Seraph's hands. They.. They could have that? That whole bread? But they've never dealt with that much food! The yeasty scent wafted under their noses, the crumbs fell delicately to the forest floor as Seraph waved it around. It was heavenly to their senses, they must have it. It would keep them fed for weeks!

"Corn."

"No, stupid, not Corn. It's Kron. Get it right."

"Kron of the Thieves Guild."

"He wanted chromamobob."

"Chromacrystal."

"Collect many, many chromacrystals."

"All of it."

Ril and Mol gulped down the saliva that pooled in their mouths, their eyes never leaving Seraph's. They were switching sides faster than lightning, all for food.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.