1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, Magical, Horror, PG-13 Romance, Modern Fantasy, High Fantasy
Mocha.Cotton.600.1787389.jpg

OOC | Discord
Suggested Listening
Hollow City.

The last bastion for humanity. Demons prowl the edges, the darkest corners, waiting for... something. The Barrier keeps them out, but it can't stop everything. To this day, nobody knows how demons are born, but they know that one Department is headed by the youngest Council Member and knows how to control them. The city's air is silent, and stagnant. Tonight will not be as tense as other nights, but the wary know the shifting Barrier will destroy their homes.

It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when for the furthest out reaches. But D.E.A.D. will keep them safe. They have to.

But sometimes... it's a matter of who needs to be kept safe.

8ce15baf8c8005e4e057ea220e7f5540.jpg
The shifts for D.E.A.D. were beginning and Cecil, the Council Member, was already on her usual route to hand out the missions personally. Sure, she could get an assistant for it like Economy said, but the Department was small enough that she could do this on her own. She tread the bland grey hallway's white floors, passing doors and doors, a stopping at few. Only the ones with active name plaques under the squad number.

The ones without active plaques... were empty. There were desks, little personal items, long withered plants, and dust an inch high in these empty offices. Cecil remembered the desk of every single one. She used to take care of the left behind plants and other items, but she only had so much time and desk space herself.

She soon arrived at Squad 28. Her favorites were collected here, and as she carefully shuffled forward the paper with their particular mission on it, she adjusted her raggedy cloak before entering.

"Good morning everyone!" she practically yelled. Her mask muffled no sound, but the tinge of something mechanical laid just beneath the surface of her voice, as though she was being heard through a speaker far away from a microphone. "I've got your mission for tonight, so please don't worry."

"Tonight, you're going out to the north edge of town. There's a project Dark Corner there where we've spotted unusual demon activity. You are to investigate, and if the numbers are just right, please eliminate them all. However, I have concerns about their behavior, so please exercise caution."

This was not the usual deal. Cecil usually would trust them to take care of any demons, no matter numbers. She even sounded... a little scared of something.

"Only engage if there's reason to do so."

With that, she put the file with all the copies of information on the mission onto the nearest desk and bowed.

"I hope to see you all tomorrow. The mission begins just before sunset."

Sunset was only a few scant hours away. If they had questions, now would be the time. Cecil's mask remained unblinking, and unmoving. A cold face for such a warm seeming person.

@Iyashi @Reanimator Spuds @FrostedCaramel @happydeath

Reactions: Torack
6fe28160abea47242a4eec1ccc2e88f7.png

Sitting on the floor in one of the corners of the room with his legs crossed and his head down while keeping his arms hidden underneath his large black and red cloak, his hat kept his face hidden while he mediated in the corner to await for a command from his handler. The entire time he sat there, Arzos shook his head slightly to one side every few minutes as he fought back the urges that made him want to go on a rampage to kill everything and everyone. His humanity constantly fought back with his urge to kill at times and kept him from being able to focus clearly on what he was to do.

The sudden sound of the door to the room opening had the male raise his head up only to find one of the members from the council had made their appearance; it was Cecil in particular. Rather than speak, Arzos kept silent as she explained about the mission they were all to go on as well as engaging only if they must. Raising a brow at this comment, the demon stood up just to approach the table Cecil had left the copies of the mission on just to reach out with a single hand to grab one of the sheets and review it.

"Madam Cecil...what is going on that this mission is any different from others..?" Questioning in a low tone of voice while his crimson gaze never left that of the sheet of paper he was reviewing.

images
Listening to Cecil as the mission is being read over, Avic nibbled at her finger nails as she lurked at the corner while her eyes roamed over the room.

"Only engage if there's reason to do so."

Her ears perk at those words as Avic thought that something big or for a better word should she use ‘grand’ instead? Avic was never been an entity who worry over mortal language but using pretty words makes her sound 'classy'; as mortals would say, it also make Avic look she had breeding.

'The latter then.' Avic mumbled as she returned back to her thoughts, something grand is about to happen on this designated mission. Avic will take note of that.

As she mussed more and more at her eternally chipped nails, Avic heard another voice in the room.

"Madam Cecil...what is going on that this mission is any different from others..?"

Wait, Avic was about to ask that too! Because Avic is smart - no, no, no, Avic is brilliant it just that this demon took the words out of Avic's mouth! Avic's human says so too. So it was not Avic's fault.

Despite of being consolidated by her own self Avic could not stop the feeling of the green-eyed monster clawing to the surface. Silently, she bore her endless pit of obsidian eyes to that demon as she chipped half of her nail off of her index finger.

Ah... Where is Avic's mortal again? Avic wants to eat.

Deirdre sat at her desk staring at the small crack she had made when she dropped some large boxes on it. The desk was so old that she wouldn’t be surprised if the inside of it was rotting. She heard Cecil enter the room and begin to speak to them. They had a new mission, she felt like she had just finished one. Still, she couldn’t complain, she enjoyed herself in these missions and she would surely enjoy herself in this mission as well. It was only when Cecil said that they weren’t allowed to fully engage, did Deirdre’s full attention appear. She looked up going over to the table and grabbing a file looking through it. “Do I hear the fear in your voice?” Deirdre said coldly before immediately changing her expression smiling widely. “Thank you for bringing the files over. Such great help and we will be sure to be safe” she said warmly tilting her head slightly holding the file close to her face.

Hearing Arzos’e question Deirdre nonchalantly smacked the back of the demon laughing loudly. “Different? What’s there to be different about this mission. We clean demons and then you clean the mess up. What else do you need to know” she said smirking at the demon. “Besides what do you have to worry about?” She said with a hint of bitterness to her words yet she kept that smile on her face. She looked over at Avic who was chewing away at her nail. “Are you hungry?” She said softly to her almost as if she was speaking to a child. “Why don’t we get you something to eat. I wouldn’t want you to end up eating one of us. Especially me” she said.

Last edited:
She looked over at Avic who was chewing away at her nail. “Are you hungry?” She said softly to her almost as if she was speaking to a child. “Why don’t we get you something to eat. I wouldn’t want you to end up eating one of us. Especially me” she said.

images

Upon hearing another new voice, Avic averted her obsidian eyes to the demon who stole her wise words off of her mouth and looked up to stare at the new face. Slowly her eyes not leaving the face of this woman, Avic moved her fingers away from her lips then disappeared in a puff of black smoke and reappeared at the side of the woman clutching at the hem of her clothes.

Did Avic heard the woman correctly? Does this woman offered Avic some food? Avic loves to eat, really, really loves to eat.

A small smile stretched on her small face; "Will you let Avic feed with you?" she mumbles with her soft chime-like voice. "Avic likes to eat. Avic's human says so." with a sharp glimmer in her eyes a silken chime of bells resounds in the room, tone swaying in melodic hymn making a hypnotic rhythm. As if she was putting someone in a trance... to sleep.

With an loud slam of the door opening, Avic lost her focus thus lost the enchantment she conjured. Hissing in annoyance, Avic turned to the door her face contort into an ugly feature but disappeared as soon as she saw the face.

"Avic." the newcomer called and beckoned to her. "You can't do that."

Oh! It's Avic's human! Avic was looking for her human. Avic was even starting to feel lonely and worried.

In haste Avic disappeared from the woman's side and reappeared beside her human with smile as she rubs her face on her human's disheveled button-up shirt. As soon as Avic was settled down, the newcomer sigh in relief before looking at Avic's almost victim.

" I apologize." the newcomer paused. "Avic does not eat human food. When you invite her to eat it means you are offering her your will and desires. She gets her strength from those stuff." the newcomer smiled and yawn, sleepless nights prominent under those tired grey-eyes.

Corben Hass was within the lounging area, sitting on a black sofa along one of the walls, cleaning his desert eagle, bored and restless. On the table in front of him – a black and square coffee table – are other assortments of weapons that range from other pistols to a submachine gun, and a heavy rifle that he’d just finished cleaned several minutes ago. On his right, leaning against the corner, is his bow propped up along with a quiver with a single arrow inside. And considering there was no mission to go on, he was wearing civilian clothes: a black shirt and a pair of joggers. Comfortable clothes.

Comfortable clothes didn’t change the fact he was bored though, and he wondered when they’re going to get some action considering it’s been something of a while since he’d last been on a mission. Several days, but he was eager to kill some demons and he was starting to get restless. Not that he didn’t enjoy the downtime, he needed it in fact. But that itch was returning, and constantly having to see the demons in their squad was getting him pissed off.

Just then, the loud voice of Councilor Cecil snapped him out of his thoughts and nearly made him jump from his seat. He gave her a startled look before turning his attention back to cleaning his gun while he listened, a grin growing on his face when he realized the purpose of her visit. His happiness however was short-lived as he saw the demons in the group beginning to get up and walk towards the folders that Cecil had just placed, his grin turning into scowl.

He’d already voiced his disdain for the demons in the squad countless times before and each time he’d been told they’d remain part of DEAD. He didn’t say anything, or rather he thought it wise not to rehash that argument, and decided to instead wait for them to get their folders and go in after them. He waited a couple long seconds then got up, grabbed a folder and went back to his seat to thumb through the pages, trying to console himself with the fact that he’s going to get to kill some demons that night.

8ce15baf8c8005e4e057ea220e7f5540.jpg

"Madam Cecil...what is going on that this mission is any different from others..?"

"Now, Arzos, remember not to use my name in public, since it's against the rules, okay? It's fine in here, but I don't want you getting executed."

Cecil carefully scanned the room. Should she say? She'd never seen this behavior before, but she knew exactly what it meant. She didn't like the implications, but that required knowledge of something that the others wouldn't be allowed to know. However, if she wasn't emphasising how dangerous it was, Hass could very well charge in headfirst.

"These demons are gathering. I saw them last night, and while most demons prefer to remain alone, these are planning something," Cecil said. "Not even I would charge in without a plan of some sort."

" I apologize." the newcomer paused. "Avic does not eat human food. When you invite her to eat it means you are offering her your will and desires. She gets her strength from those stuff." the newcomer smiled and yawn, sleepless nights prominent under those tired grey-eyes.

"Oh, Avic. Let me know if either of you need a break. I cannot let you feed on me, but I know a few agents that could let yours take a break if need be." Cecil clumsily changed the subject.

"Now, let me know if you need anything further, because I do have a few other missions to hand out today, so I cannot stay forever."

6fe28160abea47242a4eec1ccc2e88f7.png

While awaiting for his answer from the councilwoman, Arzos flipped through the documents just to be sure that he had read and taken notice of every picture that was in the folder. The sudden smack at his back had caught the white haired demon off guard only to turn his head over his shoulder and find that it was one of the agents; Deirdre, trying to make the mission sound as simple as any other mission was going to be. Giving the woman a small half smile, the male simply nodded his head in silence to attempt and just agree with her comment.

Soon after, the councilwoman spoke up on reminding Azros about not using her name so openly in the public with the possible punishment of execution for doing so. Nodding his head once more to show that he understood without another word from his mouth, he simply listened to the reasonings for the woman's concern on how the demons were gathering together unlike wandering around separately. This brought quite the bit of confusion to Azros even with him being a demon as well; what reason did demons have to be gathering together into groups in such a way and not to mention that they haven't just torn each other to shreds yet.
Pondering on the thoughts, the instant the door into the room swung open only to reveal yet another agent entering; that of Avic's handler in particular; Azros took several steps away from the table, even moreso when Corben stepped over to take his own copy of the mission briefings.

"I have no further questions madam...If there is anything else...I will go bring my handler the copies of missions.."

@Torack - Corben
@Iyashi - Deirdre
@Amryrhode - Avic
Interactions
@Karyra - Cecil​

images

"Oh, Avic. Let me know if either of you need a break. I cannot let you feed on me, but I know a few agents that could let yours take a break if need be." Cecil clumsily changed the subject.

In the midst of the basking herself of her human's presence Avic paused as she slowly peered over Cecil before looking up to her human who was scratching the back of his head holding another yawn, tiredness evident even on her human's posture.

Avic knows that Avic can be taxing sometimes; All the time, Avic's mind disagreed. Okay, all the time then; Avic agreed with remorse, but the sound of other mind(s) to feed on entice Avic. Then again, Avic's handler for the past months have been satisfying for Avic; Such beautiful mind... greedy and ambitious, and Avic knows that Avic's human can handle more. Well, Avic's human says so -- that one time when one of the other agent(s); Meddlesome creature, offered a rest to Avic's human.

As Avic continues to argue with her mind she had accidentally blurted out her desire. "New mind... yummy." that made her human flinch and openly gawk at her.

"No, no, no Avic, you can't say that outloud." he reprimanded her in fear that she will be punished because leashed demon should not pose threat to humans, that is what it means to be allegiance to the council but the offer is so inviting. "But..." he started as he looked away from Cecil and Avic, "a rest for a day or two... will definitely helps." he ended returning his sight to Avic scrutinizing for any negative remarks.

As soon as Avic heard her human's statement she stared at her human as if he had grown another head; Oh, Avic's human is tired, she thought, in that case Avic can't be mean and give her human a good rest. As soon as she comes to a conclusion she puffed out from his side and reappeared at the desk where the mission files stack to claim one for her temporary handler then returned back to her human's side with a small smile.

"Where is Avic's... uhmmm... temporary human?" Avic looked at Cecil with expectant eyes with this Avic's human chuckled and also look at Cecil.

"That's a yes for her madam."

Desdemona let her head lull backwards as she walked forward down an endless array of hallways. It didn't matter if she was paying attention or not, the human who was leading her did so with a physical leash that had been attached to some flimsy looking handcuffs adorning her wrists. She couldn't even properly speak if she had wished to due to the mouth muzzle that had also been strapped to her face. She had been pretty compliant thus far with the strangers in her new surroundings, and could only assume that whoever this human was was afraid. Des was right of course, given the fact that this was a relatively new employee who had been saddled with transferring her from her cell to some squad where this so-called handler might be.

"Maybe, uh, it's this way..?" She heard the taller woman mumble under her breath before they turned yet another corner. Blinking the sting of the florescent lights out of her eyes, the demon straightened her posture and glanced around her temporary keeper to read off the numbered rows of doors they were soon to pass. Just how big was this building anyway? Another minute of silence passed between them, the only sound to mark the timing that of human footfall as they came up to a plaque labeled Squad 28.

This time the woman entered with a light knock, speaking a loud "Excuse me," before her posture went rigid. "OH- Council Member! I'm so sorry to intrude." One nervous high-waist bow and the fox was able to actually see over the all too cautious creature who brought her here. Orange eyes flickered around to momentarily gaze at all the creatures gathered in one place; Demon, Human, Human, Demon, Human... Something? Her sight fixated on the back of who she assumed was the Council Member, a slow burning rage building in her chest for unknown reasons. Anger was familiar to her, almost nostalgically so, however her face was devoid of any emotion.

Just as quickly, the lady popped back up, offering her excuse. "I was looking for the handler that was assigned to this demon, but I can't seem to recall the name... I - I think this is the right place though?" She continued to softly yammer on in her panicky state, talking in circles while narrowed eyes peered into the room from just outside the doorway, a sense of uneasiness coaxing a single black tail to the forefront of her frame.

Last edited:
Corben started going through the pages, reading the report on the demons, and he couldn’t help but wonder why they were acting this strange. He’d never known demons to be organized – not unless they were Leashed – meandering about like mindless animals killing anything and everything in their way. To see a report on them being organized was slightly terrifying. How would they even manage it? He didn’t know too much about them, only knew effective ways of killing them, but what he did know of this was that demons shouldn’t have the capability of doing this.

Any other time he would’ve been rash and headstrong, ignore Cecil’s advice like he always did, but he didn’t think it was wise this time. Rushing into this without knowing what was going on could actually get him killed.

He looked up from the folder and was about to ask Cecil about the mission when Avic said something about eating minds. His attention turned towards her and he looked at her for a good few moments, something of a concerned look on his face. He knew she was harmless – as harmless as any demon could be – and her food wasn’t actually through flesh, but he still didn’t like the way she talked about them. Humans as food. Still, those in squad 28 weren’t that bad; he’d known worse. And although he couldn’t trust them, he could at least rely on them to watch his back when out on the field, so long as their handlers were nearby.

Weapons. He just needed to see them as weapons more than anything. Not demons… those were the creatures outside, killing humans for sport. These ones stopped that from happening and he had to admit the value they brought to the squad. He didn’t know how effective DEAD would’ve been without them, and they’d saved him and a few others more than a couple times, so there was that.

Looking back down at the folder, he closed it and dropped it onto the table when the door opened. In came a woman with a strange shackled and gagged demon. He frowned in confusion as he watched the woman bow to the CM asking about the demon’s handler, and it took all of Corben’s efforts not to roll his eyes.

Another demon. He couldn’t call this one a weapon, he didn’t know it yet. Didn’t know it’s potential for good, and in his eyes, until it proved itself, if it was even in the squad, there was no way he was going to trust the thing. But, he might as well get a reaction out of the demon.

Putting on his most winning smile, he stood up and grabbed his desert eagle and started walking towards the new comers, sliding the magazine into his pistol and cocking it. He then got up close to the new demon, his nose almost touching hers, his eyes connected with her yellow ones. And his pistol placed right underneath her chin.

“Look at that, a new demon,” he said the word out like an insult, “I hope the one holding your leash came into the wrong room. If she didn’t… well that’s unfortunate for you. Because there’s nothing more I love in this world than watching you demons die. But the CM is making me follow her rules so let me give you your one and only warning, demon. Same warning I gave the others in this squad. If I get a hint of a suspicion that you’re a threat, if I get the tiniest feeling that there’s something off about you, I’m gonna blow your head off. And all these shackles you got on is already giving me the wrong vibe.”

Reactions: Amryrhode and Red
Gohlam was sitting by herself in the corner enjoying second breakfast, the fifth most important meal of the day. It consisted of a raw stack of pork chops and eggs. She hadn't been listening too extensively. Her handlers were more than capable of telling her what to do, and given as how she is unable to disobey their command, anything that gets her killed isn't exactly her fault then is it? She was just happy that she would be given a fine feast around 3rd dinner.

Lots of demons means lots of food, not much more to worry about there. Avic, seemed to also be hungry, but her food of choice literally made no sense. There is no actual sustenance there at all! How do you eat that! Almost as bad as a vegan diet. Arzos was asking his boring questions again, which made Gohlam disassociate with the conversation even more. Just then a demon who Gohlam didn't believe she had seen before walked in. That's fine. Happens all the time. But then Corben opened up his big mouth, berating her for existing.

She looked over at him her face still curled into her toothy smile still with light smears of blood and egg yolk on her face, though her eyes were annoyed and her brow was furrowed. "You blow her head off they blow off yours. She said gesturing toward the Council Member. Honestly, I can't tell if I like you or hate you Corben. On one hand, you can make many of these." She raised up the last remaining slice of pork before dropping the whole thing into her mouth, and said with her mouth full, "On the other hand you are a professional asshole." She gulped. "Believe me, I know. I spend most of my free time in front of a TV. You could easily be one of those people up there."

She absent-mindedly reach to the platter that she was eating from before grasping at it with increasing frenzy before she realized she had finished second breakfast. "Aaaaaaaaaaaagh! Honestly, why did my request for a second second breakfast get denied..." She pouted. Or at least as best as she could with her mouth fixed to her grin.

Last edited:

The ominous sounds of rattling chains, heavy footfalls and scrapping metal echoed down the quiet halls. The hulking terror known as Maalkan was currently in transport to squad 28's residence for assignment and like usual D.E.A.D took nothing to chance. Not one but two handlers one male and one female were given the task of taking the demon from his isolation cell to where he needed to be sent. Each held a thick chained leash one of which led to a thick metal collar wrapped around Maalkan's neck while the other was attached to two thick metal cuffs that bound the demon's wrists. The metal scrapping sound came not from the heavy chains but Maalkan's cleaver which he held awkwardly do to the restraints, causing it to scrape against the floor as he walked. The creature was noticeably excited. It had been days, maybe even over a week since he was last let out of his cage and that meant only one thing..."Bloodshed..." The single low rumbling word caused the handlers to halt and reach for their weapons but the demon stopped just as they did still looking straight ahead as he was. Maalkan let out a low and slow chuckle of amusement before speaking to them both. "Neither of you are my prey." The male handler shouted angrily. "SHUT UP! SHUT THE HELL UP!" The female handler spoke up quickly. "Calm down, we're almost there. Once we get there he's squad 28's problem...at least for the night." "I know know! I just...why do they keep this freak alive?" "That is for the council member to decide since IT hasn't caused severe enough problems in the field." The demon appeared indifferent to the words being spoken and continued to be silent just as he was so politely asked by the one handler; but he was all too amused.

Finally reaching plaque 28 Maalkan was ushered into the quarters. After bending down a bit so that he could fit through the door he was greeted by the sight of so many unfamiliar faces aside from one masked visage. The demon scanned the room slowly before he glanced over at Cecil as the two handlers went about undoing his restraints and chucked them at an empty corner of the room. After that they properly greeted the Council Member and left quickly there after. The menacing demon continued to stand within the room in silence even after breaking off his silent gaze from Cecil. His new focus was on what the human with the gun was doing to the fox demon. The bloodthirsty humans were more appealing to Maalkan. Working with such humans usually warranted a great blood harvest when night came; not to mention they were more entertaining in more ways just like this white haired one.

Free from his binds the demon twisted his neck till it cracked and slowly raised his cleaver till it rested on his shoulder so it no longer dragged on the floor. Walking forwards it would look as if Maalkan planned to interact with the gunman and fox but aside from a silent passing glance he continued on till he met a wall. He seated himself against the wall which was right next to a black sofa and a table crowded with human weapons by the looks of them. The time for bloodshed would be soon and Maalkan had already waited patiently for days; a little longer wouldn't hurt. Unless he would be addressed or commanded the demon placed his cleaver upon his lap and began sharpening its edge, utilizing his clawed hands to do so which produced an unsettling screeching noise.

Mentions: @Torack @Karyra @Red

“Beast, out. now.” Came the voice of one guards residing outside Arkenos confinement cell as the beast look to be nowhere inside when they opened the door “Where the hell is it ?!” They panicked seemingly new to the position. Quickly scrambling to unlock the door and look inside, as the door was opened, Arkenos dropped down from the ceiling causing the guard to stumble back and onto the floor in a panic. “Help! Get it away!” They cried again as the second guard groaned and approached in a casual manor, dealing with this behaviour before.

The demon leaned its slender body down towards the guard as it exhaled a slow purple mist extending its jaw with an obvious intent before chuckling to itself with its expressionless face “Humans. So simple, yet so tantalisingly delicious...” it grumbled as the guard moved to their feet, as the second guard moved in ushering him out with an iron looking muzzle in their hands.

“You’re being requested. You move, you get what you want. Do we have a deal ?” The second guard asked have seemingly been through this routine before, as the demon nodded slowly keeping to their leaning position for the moment. “We are in agreement human” Arkenos replied feeling the chains wrapped around the back of their head and a tight lock restraining it all in place while slowly returning upright. “Follow and you’ll be provided” the demon silently and lifelessly nodded walking slowly with the first guard following behind “how are you used to this one...?” They asked moving through some heavy doors before entering the hallway.

As they walked downwards through the hall, the second guard halted for a moment picking up what looked to be a large metal bucket from a pick up station and inside a rather large amount of meat chunks from both demons, animals and other donators. This has become a usual routine in terms of getting Arkenos to obey any sort of order, however they had to ensure they were in full control unless they wish to let the beast devour the bucket whole and quickly return back to its cell savouring it’s own victory over the humans. The demon eyed the bucket already getting a smell of the old blood dripping from the meat and down into the bottom. “Hey. Eyes forward!” The experienced guard ordered as Arkenos groaned and kept walking as they neared their destination.

“28. We’re here” came the guards voice as the door was opened and the tall demon slipped inside seeing how many faces were inside and many caught his eye all the more. The guards accompanied Arkenos inside as he leaned down letting the chains become loose and the iron muzzle fall to the floor as it was just as quickly picked up. “We’ll be standing outside nearby. Cause any issue and we’ll be here” the shaky new guard commented on it “yeah. Watch yoursel-“ before they could finish their word, Arkenos almost within a blink of an eye was in their face exhaling purple mist again “You hide behind a vale of confidence and yet...” Arkenos slowly exhaled infront of the shaky guard before taking a slow inhale through the nose “take away the vale, all I see is fear...I would enjoy taking you apart, piece by piece.“ The demon was just as quickly interrupted by the experience guard as they spoke up “Hey, take your bucket. move it.” They spoke placing the bucket into the floor as the demon slipped a hand around the bucket and grasped it tightly “Thankyou” it hissed as it moved toward an empty space with a hastened step.

The guards soon left to be nearby For any sort of emergency as Arkenos took to their meal, practically grasping chunks at a time shoving it down their throat with how long their limbs could extend while blood dripped from their claws back into the bucket of chunks. The meal would keep Arkenos from their insatiable hunger for now but he would need more, and judging from this situation, he would get more soon, hopefully first picks.

• Sweet
Reactions: BlueFlameNikku
A small, muffled chuckle came from behind the muzzle that was attached to Desdemona's face. At first, it was the height difference that she found almost amusing. This human stood more than a good foot higher than she, but here he was, bent down and foaming at the mouth with hatred written all over his face. Still, there was no surprise or even the factor of intimidation on her end, but rather a spark of enthusiastic enjoyment from the moment he pressed the gun to her jaw.

"Ah, ah," the newbie that brought the demon in started to visibly sweat, squeezing out of the way when not one, but two other demons tried to enter the room. "I think the name was Jordan? Cor..ben?" She murmured after hearing the creature on the other side of the room speak in the midst of devouring what she hoped was kosher. "Corben Hass, that's it! The handler, I-I mean..." Her voice was uncertain and wavering. If the Council Member had not been there, she would have already ditched the ever shrinking room full of demons. She wasn't an agent, she mostly just brought her boss paperwork! Why would they ask her to do this?!

The left ear of the kitsune flickered once from the noise the newer demons made, but her gaze remained adamantly glued to the man in front of her even when the hulk of an entity approached then passed just outside of her peripheral. So this was her new handler, huh? The hate that radiated from him was wonderful, she was almost excited!

Another one of those things was eating now and the painful sound of metal being sharpened was too much for the poor human who brought Des here. Without another word she draped the chain to Desdemona's wrists over Corben's angled arm and quickly headed out the exit. "She's all yours!" Even with all the commotion around them, the black tail that had stayed fixed between the two of them had crept its way upward toward's the gun, the heat emitting from it quickly starting to change the temperature of the metal in the human's hand. If he wanted to play games, she would most certainly play too.

Yagen.Toushirou.full.1987889.jpg

Sidney Cross

"Coffee...Coffee...Coffee Coffee Coffee!" Sidney had muttered to themselves before obtaining the almost scorching hot mug and keeping it held with the over-sized sleeves of his lab coat. Having left the stirring straw within, he slowly, carefully, began to drink his sugar-infused mess of caffeine, growing ever so jittery with each gulp. Knowing that he needed this to keep moving, to keep active, for a mission like this, his mind needed to be at peak awareness. After downing the entire beverage through the puny black straw, Sidney stood up from the couch and glanced over what he had missed. The only information that he had retained is from what the Council Member Cecil and Arzos had spoken about the mission. Placing the mug on the table in front, Sidney picked up his briefcase-sized first aid kit, walked over to the desk and glanced over the file, activating the augments of his spectacles to view the information without opening it. Speed-reading, Sidney nodded before turning around to see quite an interesting sight.

Rather panicked and without a hesitation of thought, Sidney pranced closer to the conflict that had begun between Corben and the Demon, Desdemona. "Corby! Corby! What are you doing!?" Having arrived, wanting to get between the two, Sidney nodded to a statement that Gohlam had mentioned. " That's right! They'll blow your head off! And, to be honest, I'm not ready to give you an autopsy yet. This isn't even my good coat. Waaay too big!" Knowing that retaliation by either two parties would result in death, Sidney then looked over to the demon and gave a rather pleased smile, while continuing. "Actually, this is my Daddy's coat. He was really tall! Like, Like," he then threw his hand up quickly to about where Corben's head was. "This Tall! Funny right? He was killed by one of you demons. But don't worry, I know you didn't do it. Because if it was you, I'd get myself executed just to see how you tick.~" The bright smile never left Sidney's face, as he then shook his hands in front of his face as if trying to deny hostility, despite being rather nervous of what just left his mouth. "Not that I plan on doing that! Just letting you know that there's nothing to ?"fear! Hahaha! We're just getting too ahead of ourselves. We should just calm down, and get along, yeah

Attachments

• Yagen.Toushirou.full.1987889.jpg
    Yagen.Toushirou.full.1987889.jpg
    807.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
"A demon that doesn't eat food. Wow, it's almost unheard of" Deirdre said plainly when the stranger appeared. She suppose it was the main handler of the demon. She thought the stranger had mistakenly believe that Deirdre was going to feed Avic human food or even feed her at all. Deirdre didn't pity the demon at all and was mocking her more if anything. Deirdre didn't want to cause a scene so she simply smiled at the stranger before walking past her and the little demon. Soon more demons began to show up and the room suddenly felt very crowded. "Well, well, well, aren't you a cutie" Deirdre said going over to Desdemona examining her ears and tail. "How unique, your appearances I mean. I bet before you were leashed a lot of men fell to your feet" she said with a smile before looking Corben grabbing his gun and pushing it aside. "You seem to still have that power. Men seem to react so violently against you" she said. "I didn't peg you as the type to easily fall into a demon's trap" she said to Corben. "I would think you are smarter than that. I guess I was wrong" she said turning to face Sidney. "I agree with Sidney" she said going over to the male putting an arm around him pulling him close. "We should all get along with each other. Besides no fighting right now. We still need to hear from the council and get on with this mission. I don't want to stay in here all night" she said.

"Councilwoman, is there any other information we need for this mission. Other than not engaging with the enemy unless we think it's needed. I want to get this started, the night is young and the walls are weak. It would be a shame to continue on aruging while danger lurks outside. The real danger not the demons in here that are leashed" she said.

Reactions: Tsukimora and Red
290270956057211.png

It wasnt normal for Dmitri to attend these meetings with his squad since he usally carried out separate assignments and was briefed by phone. He would only show up when the high council requested it and has the record for least visits to D.E.M.O.N HQ with a total of 5 visits in his 9 years of service. When Dimitri arrives at the building he was greeted by the unusual amount of extra security guards along side a few handlers which would only ment one thing, new recruits. "Hey you, let me see some identi..." one of the demon guards says stopping Dmitri only to have his shoulder nudged by another guard. "What the hell are you doing?" The guard whispers "do you know who that is" the guard says mentioning Dmitri's name that caused the rest of the guards go quiet as they watched in awe as Dmitri made his way to the meeting room. Dmitri had always catorgized the leashed demons as A.D's or E.D's and judging by the putrid smell of rotting meat and the screech of metal being sharpened, had given him the impression that this demon would be A.D. Surprised to find more than one new face, he stops at the entrance and looks between the the demons before staring blankly at the Demon causing the screeching while he made his way over to the desk and picked one of the files up to scan over it before placing it back on the table and giving Cecil a brief nod before walking back out of the room and leaving.

Munashichi.600.299396.jpg

Dark Corner WA09165​
Difficulty: Uncertain
Access: Top Level
Mission: Recon
Demons of High Rank have been gathering in an abandoned Church ruin at night, close to Hollow City. While these seem to not use any violence towards other Demons, this may change if Agents get involved. Discover why they are meeting and how this behavior came to change.
Targets:
Profiles:
Kazama.Chikage.600.1249698.jpg
Nicknamed: Emperor Charles; Has killed three agents. Has gained a semblance of thought, but lack morality found in Leashed demons. Uncertain when personality shift occurred. New demon. Seems to have some underlings, but information on them is spotty at best. [Redacted information covers the rest of the paragraph.]
Ciel.Phantomhive.%28Demon%29.600.290380.jpg
Nicknamed: Changeling; No kills, but demon was only recently discovered within Hollow City due to the luck of a landlady taking a picture after adjusting his bowtie. Able to fool most Agents and scans. [Redacted section] Potentially the highest risk target. Unknown behaviors could mean that if spotted, Agents could be terminated by unknown powers.
Nero.%28Devil.May.Cry%29.600.247469.jpg
Nicknamed: TBD; discovered by Council Member during a midnight excursion. Never seen before, but has high potential for fighting prowess. Seems to have been the leader of the meeting. [Redacted]

Notes:
Proceed with caution. Known traits of these demons are slim, but most of them seem extremely advanced and more powerful than the average demon. It's highly possible they may be planning an invasion, so please act with caution, there may be more than these three figureheads.
Good Luck!
☆Council Member☆

The crumbling walls of the Church were massive. It nearly became a maze from where the walls had broken down and crumbled into nothing and where the stairways ended in nothing but debris. Artefacts of an ancient age lined the walls, untouched by even the bravest of looters. Gargoyles eyed the squad as they entered, making the air itself feel ten times as heavy.

The wildlife of the Outside had started to climb its way up the walls of stained glass and ruin, covering windows and rooms alike. The Church felt alive in a way that Hollow City did not. That the eyes of things far beyond them were watching, whether or not they had a choice in the matter.

Soon, the group would come upon a split in the Church's maze. Go up towards the stairs with a trickle of water running down them and lit torches on the side, or go down towards the lake which sat square at the center of the Church, where lifeforms other than demons were lapping at the water. People might call them 'deer' or 'birds' but to these Agents, these could be Demons, meant to lull them into a false security. However, most lacked the bony plates and other natural features of demons.

The stairs also hid something. The agents, from where they stood, could not see past the turn, and the torches had recently been lit. They could be the direct path to the meeting, or perhaps a larger demon had made the place they led its home.

Either way they went, the objective was the same; Find the meeting.

Recon missions were always his favourites. He knew many others joined DEAD, or wanted to join the organization for its action and getting to kill demons, but he enjoyed the simpler aspects of it. The watching, the gathering of intelligence. The sort of stuff others may find boring. But he was more than willing to do it. Eager even. And although action was all fun, he just didn’t like getting himself into the thick of things.

Better leave that to the demons and the agents that were more suited to it. His magitech and his skill were perfect for this type of mission.

Especially when it came to figuring out what these new demons were and why they were working together. He wanted to know what that was about and how they managed to do it. Demons shouldn’t be capable of that, or rather Unleashed demons shouldn’t be. They were meant to be mindless terrors that did nothing but kill and destroy, and this new development both scared him and made him eager to find out what triggered it.

Corben waved his hand over his quiver causing the single arrow to turn into a dozen. “I’ll go up those stairs to see what’s on the other side,” he said in a low tone as he pulled out an arrow and knocked it into his bow. Then, pointing to the newly Leashed demon, the kitsune. His hand still burned from when she heated his gun but he had to admire her tenacity to try something like that at gun point. “Come with me, you’ll my watch my back. Try to stay silent as possible.”

He crept up the steps, careful and slow, staying close to the wall and the shadows and peeked his head up over the other side to see if he could spot any signs of demons.

Mentions:
@Red - Desdemona

Rolls:
Stealth:
Perception: 3​

Last edited: