1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, Magical, Horror, PG-13 Romance, Modern Fantasy, High Fantasy
Mocha.Cotton.600.1787389.jpg

OOC | Discord
Suggested Listening
Hollow City.

The last bastion for humanity. Demons prowl the edges, the darkest corners, waiting for... something. The Barrier keeps them out, but it can't stop everything. To this day, nobody knows how demons are born, but they know that one Department is headed by the youngest Council Member and knows how to control them. The city's air is silent, and stagnant. Tonight will not be as tense as other nights, but the wary know the shifting Barrier will destroy their homes.

It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when for the furthest out reaches. But D.E.A.D. will keep them safe. They have to.

But sometimes... it's a matter of who needs to be kept safe.

8ce15baf8c8005e4e057ea220e7f5540.jpg
The shifts for D.E.A.D. were beginning and Cecil, the Council Member, was already on her usual route to hand out the missions personally. Sure, she could get an assistant for it like Economy said, but the Department was small enough that she could do this on her own. She tread the bland grey hallway's white floors, passing doors and doors, a stopping at few. Only the ones with active name plaques under the squad number.

The ones without active plaques... were empty. There were desks, little personal items, long withered plants, and dust an inch high in these empty offices. Cecil remembered the desk of every single one. She used to take care of the left behind plants and other items, but she only had so much time and desk space herself.

She soon arrived at Squad 28. Her favorites were collected here, and as she carefully shuffled forward the paper with their particular mission on it, she adjusted her raggedy cloak before entering.

"Good morning everyone!" she practically yelled. Her mask muffled no sound, but the tinge of something mechanical laid just beneath the surface of her voice, as though she was being heard through a speaker far away from a microphone. "I've got your mission for tonight, so please don't worry."

"Tonight, you're going out to the north edge of town. There's a project Dark Corner there where we've spotted unusual demon activity. You are to investigate, and if the numbers are just right, please eliminate them all. However, I have concerns about their behavior, so please exercise caution."

This was not the usual deal. Cecil usually would trust them to take care of any demons, no matter numbers. She even sounded... a little scared of something.

"Only engage if there's reason to do so."

With that, she put the file with all the copies of information on the mission onto the nearest desk and bowed.

"I hope to see you all tomorrow. The mission begins just before sunset."

Sunset was only a few scant hours away. If they had questions, now would be the time. Cecil's mask remained unblinking, and unmoving. A cold face for such a warm seeming person.

@Iyashi @Reanimator Spuds @FrostedCaramel @happydeath

Reactions: Torack
Recon from what the demon remembered of the word were the more silent and stealthy types of missions and one that he had to endure in order to keep himself in line at D.E.A.D with some past missions resulting in a scene of injuries and parts of the bodies having been just about eaten. Needless to say Arkenos has been disciplined to the fullest extent by the council about his ways but they also are reminded that the beast couldn’t not help their ways even when leashed. Nevertheless the demon had to oblige with the rules fully in place. Once done with the assignment reading, the demon let the bucket they possessed tip onto the side gently trickling a little bit of liquid into the floor as the demon was soon restrained again by the guards outside before being prepared for transport with the handlers later on.

“The closer we get, the more I smell my next meal...” the demon hissed following at the back next to the other larger demon holding and dragging their axe. The other demons following closer to the handlers and Arkenos knew that some wouldn’t want to be close to him afterall. The time approaching their destination after briefly reading their mission assignment was taking the toll on demon as the hunger grew again. The assignment was looking more like a menu at this point thinking back on it. Three demons to hunt down, one would satisfy the hunger of the beast if he got his claws on any of them as well as the thrill of any battle would only serve to amplify the desire to devour.

As the split in the maze soon made itself known, the demon halted himself waiting for any firm decision from the handlers but another scent was soon to fill his nostrils. “Live prey...move aside.” he muttered to himself finding himself pushing past the handlers and other demons as the lust for hunger was setting in. Picking up the pace into a quickened walk, the demon could feel his mouth watering as he grew closer to the lake but he was not one to rush in and ruin his chances afterall. As he set foot near the lake, he halted in place lower himself to the ground hearing the animals enjoying their piece at the lake.

Arkenos laid there in wait thinking of his strategy to attack without losing his chances to strike. Should any handlers and demons have followed, the slender beast crawled and clawed into the ground keeping to any sort cover that would conceal his energy and form. Growing closer and closer to one as the agonising moments went by. He laid completely still only hearing his own breathing and heartbeat.

Who would make the first move.

6fe28160abea47242a4eec1ccc2e88f7.png

After the council woman had made her leave, Arzos had spent most of his time meditating till nightfall had started to envelope the city and the time for the mission to begin was upon Squad 28.

After making his leave of the headquarters and progressing their way towards the destination of the mission, Arzos had kept silent with his head down and his gaze focused onto the folder and it's contents on the three targets that the agents were after. From the information and photograph of each particular demon in question; even with his knowledge from before he was leashed, the male did not recognize any of these particular demons. The fact there wasn't exactly much information about each of the three demons was concerning at the very least though the one that was thought to be the leader of the meeting had Arzos' attention the most due to the right arm of the male.

"Hm, interesting...A demon, yet his arm differs from the rest of him...?" Whispering to himself, he only picked up his pace enough to walk side by side with his handler just to hand the man the photograph of the one Arzos had a bit of interest in; explaining to him his concern that the leader might have another form to be aware of and to proceed with extra caution when or if attacking becomes needed. The man simply brushed off Arzos stating that strange or not, they would deal with the demons when the time came and that the council was just overestimating these demons. The demon only nodded his head even if he wanted to object to his handler's comment.

By the time the squad had reached the ruins of the church and progressed their way through the maze-like corridors, Arzos eyed his surroundings at all times to make sure that nothing would attempt to ambush them at any point. The feeling of just being inside this place brought back slight memories of his time when he was still uncontrollable; although he did not admit it, it almost felt like home at some points.
It wasn't until the group came to a halt at where the path split into two that the demon raised his head just to eventually see as to how two had already made the decision to head up the staircase while one of the demons pushed his way aside to immediately head downwards towards a lake where other creatures were drinking from a lake of sorts.

"I'll be heading downstairs...The lake down there can become our advantage for me if something is to go wrong." He spoke up aloud just as his handler nodded and immediately began to make his way down the stairs along with Arzos from behind. Every so often, Arzos eyed the demon that seemed to waste no time to head down the stairs first in case his hunger got the better of him and caused him to charge forward and to attack without waiting for the others; even so, unless his handler was in danger or he was told to attack, Arzos would keep himself back and silent to examine his surroundings.

@Torack - Corben
@Red - Desdemona
@FrozenOcelot - Arkenos
Interactions
N/A​

Yagen.Toushirou.full.1987889.jpg
Sidney Cross

Having finally arrived with the squad, Sidney surveyed the Church's structure and the wildlife that embellished the stone halls. Keeping their enormous first aid kit close in front of them, holding it somewhat diagonally to their chest, he decided to have a closer look that the integrity of the walls. Activating his Magitech augments in his glasses, Sidney analysed their surroundings, before seeming to take notice of the gargoyles peering down upon them. "I hope we don't have to worry about these guys, huh?" A half-hearted giggle came out from their chest as their smile remained. Keeping their eyes focused, in the back of his mind, Sidney hoped they did not have to engage in true combat. Keeping note of their rather thinner frame, Sidney knew that there wouldn't be much they could do when it came to actually combating a demon. Hell, even if those deer who seemed to be passively drinking from the lake posed any sort of threat, there wouldn't be much he could do other than trying to bash their brains out with the rather large medical case that was more than half his size. Though, as his mind came to a conclusion, he ultimately realised that he didn't have to lay a finger against any of the demons. In fact, there were plenty of demons who could protect him instead.

Beaming with joy, Sidney began to speak as the scenes around him started to progress. "Ohoho, I'm glad the entire place hasn't turned to chaos incarnate. The wildlife of this world gives me a bit of hope every now and again! However, this could be rather dangerous for me indeed. Oh, yes indeed. I'm just a doctor. One of you lucky demons is going to have to come with me to see the beautiful deer-" Sidney's eyes opened wide as the words 'Live Prey' came from Arkenos. A shudder crept through their spine from the near fright. Making sure to keep his voice down so he wouldn't disturb Arkenos' hunt, Sidney began to mourn the creatures at the lake. "Well, it was nice knowing you, Deer. You will be forever missed." Scratching their head, despite what had just occurred, they kept their grin glued to their face while looking towards the others. Seeing Corben had spoken to Desdemona, he would brighten the smile. "Seems like you two are getting along. Remember, don't get each other killed." Reaching his arm up in the air, he waved them off, with the long sleeve of the lab coat limply flapping as it veiled his arm.

Looking over to the beast of a Demon, one that was said to be called Maalkan, Sidney gave quite the enthusiastic smile towards the being, studying them while walking in circles around the entity, casually making way past the large cleaver that they carried. "You seem like one that knows how to smile." Sidney jested in reference to their maw. Keeping back from the blade, now standing in front of the brutish demon, Sidney pointed their finger at Maalkan only for it to be covered by the long lengths of the lab coat. "I choose you to...take the lead for me. Doctor's orders. Since people are splitting up, I am going to need to be protected at all times! And I'm more than confident that the Cleaver Demon can do just that! More than confident, I say!" Nodding vigorously, Sidney held out a hand towards Maalkan to confirm their partnership. "Whaddya say, big guy? 'No' isn't an option, of course, but I just need to make sure you are comfortable. Morale is just as important as strength!"​

@FrozenOcelot - Arkenos
@Red - Desdemona
@Torack - Corben
Interactions
@BlueFlameNikku - Maalkan

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: BlueFlameNikku

Maalkan had become increasingly disgruntled once he was informed of the teams current mission. He was hoping for elimination, purge or destroy. The usual terms which led to him having a bloody cleaver by the end of the night. But reconnaissance, do not engage unless you have to? It was the last thing the large demon wanted to hear. By the time he was at the split path Maalkan was fuming; clear puffs of hot angry breath passing through the teeth in his maw. Both paths intrigued him as the one with lit torches likely led to the demons in the report while the other led to at least something he could sink his cleaver into.

It was around that time when he noticed one of the smaller humans circling him in an inspecting manner. This human...confused him. Maalkan's head tilted oddly to one side as he looked down at the long white coated human. This one smiled more than any human he'd ever seen. It acted so carefree and didn't even appear to have a weapon. He continued to stare at the human in silence as he order him to be its protector and rambled off some more. When the human stuck out their hand and actually asked if the demon was alright with this Maalkan let out a hardly chuckle. "Kahahahahaha. You are an amusing human." Maalkan seemed to pause in thought for a moment. "You seem weaker than most of the humans; and demons will attack those who appear most weak. Meaning my prey will come to me with ease if I stay close to you. This is a good command, Amusing...Human." The demon would have followed the command regardless of what it was but it was nice when it appeared to favor his own desires. The extended hand gesture confused the demon though. This human wanted to make a partnership with him which was already unexpected as it was but now there was this. Did the human want his cleaver or something? He'd heard about humans did something with their hands when they greeted each other but had only seen it once. Maalkan reached down with his free hand to grab the human's small limb. His hand completely engulfed it;s hand and part of it's wrist for a moment and then simply let go.

The demon heaved his cleaver up onto his shoulder and proudly proclaimed "Stay close to me then human if you want to see the next night." Maalkan then led the way towards the deer walking as he normally did, presumably with Sidney in tow just behind him.

Interactions: @Tsukimora

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Tsukimora
290270956057211.png
Arriving at the church a few minutes before the squad. Dmitri takes a seat on one of the old pews and takes the time to look around the church finding the atmosphere to be some what serene only to have it ruined by the others entering the church. Dmitri remains silent letting his presence go unnoticed to the others. listening to a few of the others decide there plan of action was enough to know that the element of surprise wasn't going to be an option. He watches as Corben takes the stairs but manages to step on few pieces of glass that snapped and shattered under his boots. (sneakdicerolldiss). Seeing Arkenos go out of his way to push past the others did not surprise him, but the fact that the group was standing so close together for the demon to even need to do so made him wonder if it was some sort of formation the squad had created. Dmitry turns to see Aya looking at him as if she already knew he had been secretly judging the others in his head. He quickly stands up and fixes his sword on his back, not wanting to hear any clever remarks. "I'll follow Cor..." Dmitri stops when he hears Corben order the new cat demon to follow. His original plan was to use the torches to his advantage but did not wish to be held accountable if another leashed demon was K.I.A due to cross fire. Dmitri instead begins to make his way down to the lake only to make a b line back towards the opposite side of the lake after seeing the little interaction between Sidney and Maalkan.

Last edited:
Munashichi.600.299396.jpg

Dark Corner WA09165​
Lake:
@FrozenOcelot @happydeath @Tsukimora @BlueFlameNikku @Mad Captain Kazu

The deer's ears perked up at the noise of Arkenos' hissing, but rather than being afraid, they watched as the others climbed down. Once seeing Sydney, the deer started plodding over to the group, sniffing at Sydney's hands for treats, then pestering the other demons. Absolutely no fear was shown from the deer, and in fact they seemed used to people and demons. However, how could that be? Weren't these demons only recently starting to meet up?

"Ah, I hope that you won't eat these deer. I only recently started tending to them. You know, after being banished from the city. They're pure. Which is rare enough, but I'm still studying Demonification..."

Ciel.Phantomhive.%28Demon%29.600.290380.jpg
The demon known as Changeling walked over to the lake, seemingly having waited for the Agents and Demons to arrive.

"It's about time Cecil sent you. She's rather timid, that one." Changeling said, gently pushing aside the deer flocking him. "Surprised she hasn't tried to Leash any of us. However, she must have her hands full keeping the lot of you with your humanity. Only so much supplies to do that and all."

He held up his hands.

"We should talk. We can fight after if you like, but certainly... wouldn't you like those redacted lines in your files filled in?" he smiled, trying to be polite. "After all, we're all from the same place, aren't we?"

He pulled small treats from his pockets, offering them to the deer who ate them eagerly out of his gloved hand. Clearly, he had been taking care of them for a long time, but... something about what he said would bother the group. Would they attack or hold back for a second?

"My name is Micheal Raycroft. I hope that we may hold a discussion, but Nico may have been too optimistic."

Stairs:
@Torack @Red

As the two climbed the stairs, the silence of the area ahead of them and the spiral stairs confused the group. How far had they climbed and how far away were they from the lake? It did not look that far up from the outside, but the minutes of silence was eerie.

As they exited the stairway at long last, a long hallway greeted them. The yellowed bricks almost shone like gold, flickering in the low light. The group moved ever more forward, but when they entered the large room at the end, there was a throne sitting against the back of the wall. Tall and imposing, it sat empty.

1576438859604.jpeg

It looked as though this was where the demon known as Emperor Charles resided. Perhaps this Church had been his home before the meetings? That was the only thing that made sense. However, the items scattered around the room were books. However, most of them would be unknown to the group. Titles such as 'Robert Frost' or 'Moby Dick' were lost on them.

Demons usually had no interest in reading. Only in death and destruction. The group could examine the books scattered around, but they could also examine the door moving on that had runes around it. They softly glowed red, and a soft heat could be felt coming from the door frame.

When the one they knew as Changeling appeared Maalkan became excited. The demon gripped his weapon tightly ready for a fight but then loosened it. The little demon's words were...confusing. Banishment, demonification and other statements that he didn't understand. It made him want to rush forward and cut Changeling down where he stood. The large demon marched forwards towards the flock of deer and the proclaimed Michael Raycroft and stopped within a foot of him looking downwards. "If the humans command me to kill you I will." It was the simple and honest truth. "As long as you promise bloodshed later I have no problem waiting a little longer."

Maalkan looked around at the other handlers and demons that came to the lake as well. He'd achieved the goal of getting close to his target encase he was ordered to attack. He was more confused than curious as to what Changeling had to say but maybe if they chose to listen he would lead them to the other notable demons or just other demons that could be added to the blood sport. Out of everything Maalkan hoped the humans wouldn't call for a retreat. Being fine with either of the prior options the demon held out his arms and spoke loudly. "What will it be then humans?! Does this one's words intrigue you or...does the blood sport begin right here right now?!" He proclaimed like he was an entertaining spectacle at some cruel circus.

@Lake Group

It was time! Aya was quite excited to begin their mission despite the slight tension between agents and demons. It didn't really bother her and she felt it quite annoying when agents fought with the demons. If they didn't like them then they could just leave. Aya wasn't fond of demons herself but as long as they were leashed it didn't affect her. Once they arrived at the location she wondered for a second where to go. Follow Corben and his moody attitude(secretly wanting to bang the cat demon) and the catgirl or go where the strange animals were enjoying their time despite the danger around them. "I would love to pet those deers," she said going over to where the deers peacefully ate and lived.

As she walked over there, she seems to interrupt the demon called changing appear. No one made a move to kill the demon right away. They were told to not engage if they didn't need to. She wondered if Cecil knew that this would happen. "Settle down Maalkam," Aya said firmly. "We don't need to fight just yet. I'm curious to hear what this demon has to say" she said not calling him by his name. She was curious about how the deers were so gentle around the demon. Didn't really tell Aya much, anyone can tame wild east even with the wrong intentions. "Can you shut up with your proper speaking and speak what you need to speak" she said not wanting to waste time. This demon really seem to be taking its time y feeding the deer. "I'm not as patient as I seem," she said.

6fe28160abea47242a4eec1ccc2e88f7.png

By the time Arzos had reached the lake just to stand at a slight distance from the deer-like creatures, the sudden sight of the creatures noticing the presence of the group had him arch a brow yet still make no attempts at attacking since he found no reason to. It wasn't until the deer approached one of the humans that another strange presence had began to make itself known.

It was one of the demons that was in the file for the mission, Arzos was a tad bit shocked in himself that he didn't notice the demon being nearby. Keeping his gaze focused on the demon as he made his way over to the lake as well as speaking about how they should talk as well as he brought up the lines in the file that were not explained into further detail; how did he know about that.
Gripping a hold of the handles of his sickles underneath his large black and crimson cloak, the only reason Arzos had not attacked immediately was simply because Cecil had stated not to engage unless it was required.

Once the male introduced himself as well as stating that they all came from the same place, the cloaked demon had suddenly felt a jolt of pain surge through his head as though something was stabbing him constantly in the same place; quickly releasing his grip onto one of the handles of his sickles just to hold the side his face, he shook his head minimize the pain at least a little.

Soon enough, one of the demons; Maalkan was quick to speak up about wanting bloodshed and willing to wait a little longer if bloodshed was involved after before even questioning the human handlers what their next move should be. The next to speak was Aya, one of the handlers as he informed for Maalkan not to attack as well as calling out the target before them about how they spoke.

Arzos on the other hand took several steps forward before a deep growl left his lips underneath his breath from the pain only being a slight tingly numb feeling in his head by this point. "Just who are you...and how do you know about the redacted file information..?" As he spoke, a low growl rumbled underneath his breath.

@Iyashi - Aya
@BlueFlameNikku - Maalkan
@Tsukimora - Sidney
Interactions
@Karyra - Micheal Raycroft

“I’ll go up those stairs to see what’s on the other side." The fox could hear her own eyes rolling in her skull. It seemed her handler was use to taking the lead and charging forward with his mind set on whatever he deemed fit for the situation at hand. She honestly didn't mind it much, it was the fact she had to listen to someone that she found annoying. “Come with me, you’ll my watch my back. Try to stay silent as possible.” Desdemona audibly tsked at this, but followed in otherwise silent pursuit, giving a last glance over her shoulder as the groups split off from one another.

The ascension of steps was rather anticlimactic. She heard nothing other than soft human footfall, and she saw nothing in the shadows that would offer little protection to those in her sights. It was only when they reached an ending to those flights of steps did the Kitsune perk up. Her fingertips extended towards one yellow wall, nearly touching though not quite as the pair walked on.
She refused to wait at the entrance should the human try to stop, and so she quickly stepped around Corben then through, glancing at all corners of the room before focusing on the throne straight across from them. Of course she saw the strange door, but that seemed like too obvious a thing to examine first.

Des slowly waltzed on, glancing down at the books her bare feet brushed against. The titles meant nothing to her, but she did know what books were and seemed only the slightest bit drawn to them. "They seem rather... small." She murmured; the first words to leave her mouth since arriving in Squad 28. They were bound strangely too, though she decided to not comment on it in the interest of inching ever closer towards the throne. Upon arriving to it she would search for more reading material on either side before settling herself on the edge of the seat. Perhaps the creature who owned this chair would have had a better point of view.

This type of chair was familiar- maybe not this one in particular, but one like it. Being Leashed had really fucked with the majority of her memory. Did she, at some point, manage to hit her head? Only momentarily lost in her thoughts, she sighed then placed her chin in the palm of her hand. She felt a little too at ease in her current position as she further scanned the area, her curiosity provoking another glance at the door. "Would you like to try to open that door or shall I?"

Last edited:
1576993719128.png
The hungering demon prepares to strike but as the deer seemed unflinching, the demon raised themselves back to their feet as he grumbled “These creatures are more than they seem. A pity though they will serve as easy sustenance when needed.” The demon speaks as he turns his head backwards finding the other large demon, Maalkan, the handlers Sidney, Aya and finally the demon that seemed to keep to themselves, Arzos. Before he could take another step he watched as an interesting specimen take their place among the animals which seemed to flock towards him.

Raycroft. Arkenos listened well as they explained their situation and the proposal of the missing parts of the files. For some reason this intrigued the hungering demon as they moved closer examining the deer close to Raycroft seeing that they were indeed different compared to usual animals that had been encountered before “Your work is impressive I cannot deny. However you are just as intriguing...” Arkenos hissed leaning down staring into one of the deer’s eyes as his own endless white orbs stared back. Silence was held between them with only the occasional breath of air taken in before being exhaled. “What is it you will tell us. While I may contain a hunger, that one contains a bloodlust which I advise you take with a precaution.”

Arkenos showed some sort of compassion and gently pet a deer on the head before walking back towards the group standing idle on the opposite side of Maalkan. “Should you provoke though, you know what will happen.” The demon nodded as they leaned back far pressing their head against the ground and grass behind them before standing back up straight and examining the handlers seeing one was just as impatient as the larger demon while others were more cautious with their own reasons for being so.

Arkenos was between unease wanting to attack and be done, satisfying their desire to eat again. However the intrigue of the situation kept the demon and their hunger at bay making them willing to listen. Even taking a moment to examine the unflinching deer caused the feeling to grow as they returned to the group of handlers and demons after showing the small compassion moment to the one particular deer.

Mentions
@Iyashi

@BlueFlameNikku

@Tsukimora

@happydeath

@Karyra

290270956057211.png

Seeing no reason to rush in, Dmitri takes his time walking around the other side of the lake only being able to see the others approach the deer and the mysterious child that had appeared. Whether it was an enemy or not, it didn't seem like it mattered since Maalkan had moved in on the child. Dmitri was certain that the demon would go strait for the kill but was surprised to see him stop. The brief feeling of mutual respect for Maalkan had quickly diminished when it had decided to yell something about bloodsports giving him a slight sense of dejavu, remembering a demon he had met once that would always scream about its meat bicycle and how shiny it was. When Dimitri had finally arrived it was clear that the mysterious child did not intend to make the first move, and judging by his calm demeanor, it was safe to say this demon did not feel threatened by there numbers. Drawing his sword, Dmitri walks up from behind the demon and points his blade before quickly turning his wrist so only the hilt of his sword would turn. A few sparks dance around the blade until a burst of fire shoots out towards the demon and the deer.

Maalkan appeared to calm down as he lowered his arms since at least one of the humans wanted to hear what this little demon has to say. Most of his fellow demons appeared curious as well as they in turn approached. The large demon chuckled at Arkenos' comment about the cleaver wielding demon. "We all have our desires don't we."

Maalkan looked around passively and noticed one of the humans positioned themselves behind the Changling demon. He could see the intent to strike in the human's eyes and in his demeanor. Attacking an enemy from behind while making little noise while they are distracted; it was textbook. The cleaver demon had half a mind to join in with a timed strike of his own but the words of the one female handler rang in his ears. With that Maalkan sprang into action, moving rather quickly for a being of his size he positioned himself between Changling and Dimitri. In the same motion he braced himself behind his cleaver holding it out horizontally like a makeshift shield as the hot burst of flames erupted forth from the human's weapon. The large demon made sure to take the majority if not the full brunt of the attack thus shielding Changling and the deer by proxy.

He let out a loud and pained grunt as the flames scorched his flesh leaving burn scars primarily along his shoulders and forearms. As the remainder of the flames drifted off into embers a single glowing red eye peaked out from over the demon's cleaver; hot white breaths escaping from the demon's down below the edge of the blade. Maalkan spoke in a low guttural annoyed tone. "The woman human wanted to hear the Changling speak and told me to stand down. Even your boss...the one who bested me said not to fight unless provoked. So...if I can't have my fun...yet, fire human...you can't have your fun either." The demon had his own selfish reasons as always which determined his type of actions but his choices usually still followed in line with the objectives of the handles and D.E.A.D. Cecil's instructions usually out weighted anything some handler would say if it went against Cecil's instructions so this action was a crystal clear one to make for Maalkan. He knew he would only be allowed to fight a handler in very VERY specific circumstances and even what he did just now in some cases would be considered grounds for termination he was sure. But this situation wasn't most cases...and he understood that.

Interactions
@Mad Captain Kazu
@FrozenOcelot

Mentions
@Iyashi
@happydeath

Reactions: Red and Queen Sonia

Dark Corner WA09165​
Lake:

"Ah, a blood sport? I see. You and Charles would get along just fine I suppose. It's too bad he's off studying for something. Books and violence, quite the pairing, but I suppose it relates to..."

Interrupted by Aya he looked briefly startled.

"Ha! I am often told I am long winded!" He laughed for a second, then dusted his hands off of the rest of the deer treats.

"As for how I know-"

The shot of fire drew Changeling's attention, but he watched it passively. Maalkan blocked the flame, and Changelong nodded.

"Oh how I know is simple. Because I lived it. I suppose most of you did as well, but the difference is that I remember." Changeling tapped his temple. "To keep it short and simple:

"Magic turns us into demons. Just the exposure to it alters humans into things like Maalkan or myself. Usually, this means they become savage, but... demons like myself, Nico, and Charles have started to become prominent. We aren't completely savage, and without the medicine we can keep our more primal emotions in check."

Changeling shrugged.

"Nico knows how this came to be that we got magic, but I'm more interested in the demonification process, myself."

Throne Room:
@Torack @Red

"Oh, I can assure you that those books contain volumes."

Kazama.Chikage.600.1249698.jpg
Charles appeared as if by magic, standing on the other side of the runed door.

"While I understand the desire to sit on it, that is mine."

Charles was dangerous, but the last set of words was laced with so much bloodlust that the room felt crushingly small.

"Now, I'm told I have to hold your hand and tell you all the truth of the world and blah blah blah," Charles said. "But I'm not a teacher. I'd much rather beat you unconscious then make Michael explain it all when you wake up."

He passed through the door, flames starting to sizzle on his uniform as he did so. The soft cinders didn't bother him, and as he swept into the room, his very presence seemed larger than life, terrifying. He sat his sheath down, waiting for the other to attack first, certain of his soon to be victory.

[Progress: 20/20]

Yagen.Toushirou.full.1987889.jpg
Sidney Cross

Sidney seemed quite preoccupied tending to the deer with Aya that seemed to have surrounded the bunch and let himself be distracted by the precious animals that had graced him with their presence. So much, that it was at the split moment where the smell of embers could be made distinct, that he snapped out of his trance. Seeing Dmitri's blade spark a burst of flames towards his direction, his body had nearly frozen as if he too was a deer in a pair of headlights. After blinking once, to snap out of this state, he saw that Maalkan had saved not only the Changeling, but him as well, whether it was intentional or not. Returning to his usual wide smile, Sidney patted the deer's head with the a closed eyed expression, before standing up only looking at Dmitri with the turn of a tilted head.

"Dimmy, Dimmy, Dimmy," Sidney seemed to chant before popping his hand forward, letting a scalpel shoot from his long coat sleeves into his grasp, then pointing at Dmitri from behind Maalkan. "I guess your gene pool must've not had a lifeguard present, huh? You shouldn't play with Fire so carelessly. Not only did you almost cremate me, you hurt poor, poor Maalkan. Look how burned he is! That simply will not be accepted. What if Boss Lady found out about this? That would be a no-no-noooooo!!" Fixing his glasses with the blade of the scalpel, Sidney placed a free hand on Maalkan's back and felt the texture of his flesh. "Not only would I have to write the Death Certificate, I'd might even get the opportunity to give an autopsy to a sixteenth of a corpse! Oooh, how fun would that be? I'll tell you that the Deer are a much better stress relief for me." Taking the scalpel, he would dig it into the lock of the large briefcase-sized first aid kit, and rummage through supplies to treat Maalkan's wounds. "Maaly, would you be a treat and sit down for me? I want to hear more of Mikey's story while I tend to your burns. I'm not sure I know entirely about demon ecology, but a burn's a burn. And a story's a story! Besides, they spoke of the magick, and I am curious to know if it's similar to the magick that powers some of our technology. I didn't know magick existed until I joined this place."

Mentions
Iyashi - Aya
Karyra - Micheal Raycroft

Interactions
Mad Captain Kazu - Dmitri
BlueFlameNikku - Maalkan

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueFlameNikku

Maalkan concentration would slip as Changeling spoke about magic turning them into demons. A multitude of sharp needle like pains pierced through the demon's head. With his free hand pressed against his head he snarled in pain, closing his eyes to try and shut out the world. He could feel it, that intense feral desire to rip every living thing in his sight apart. When he felt a gentle touch at his back he spun around and opened his eyes in a fury but it was not Sidney that he saw. He saw a young child petrified with fear. With a confused blink that vision vanished revealing Sidney Cross rummaging through his supplies and giving out instructions to the recently burnt demon.

The large demon's heavy furious breathing came to a halt before resuming at a slower rate. Something had calmed him at least for the time being. Whether it was himself, the vision, Sidney or something else that did the deed was unknown but it was clear that something halted the savage rampage from starting with Maalkan. The demon gave the doctor handler a nod before planting his rear end onto the dirt with a thud; his cleaver still tightly clenched in one hand. He'd sit patiently and allow Sidney to work. After all, he wanted to be in the best shape he could once the blood begins to flow.

The demon managed a toothy grin after recalling someone Changeling had mentioned. "I want to meet this...Charles."

@Tsukimora

“Dmitri!” Aya shouted when he use his fire to attack the demon. These demons were on another level. A simple fire attack would do nothing against the demon. She was gonna have to tell Cecil about Dmitri’s mistake. They are not to engage unless needing to. When Maalkan used his body to protect the demon she was quite surprised by this, no one had commanded him to move yet he did. She smiled when the demon spoke about not allowing others to have fun if he couldn’t. She should have known it was something simple like that but either way appreciated how fast he moved to stop what could have been a big mess. “Good job Maalkan, I’ll make sure you get something extra sweet when we get back home” she teased blowing the demon a kiss. She turned her head focusing on the changeling named Micheal listening to what he had to say.

“You were created by magic and you’ve found a way to keep demons from having more animalistic instincts? Are demons trying to blend in with humans? What’s the point of your words I’m quite confuse. I don’t know if you know but once a demon always a demon, no matter what type of drug or medication you take you are still a demon one that causes problems” she said cracking her fist. “I don’t really know what this is suppose to do for us but I’ll give you until Sidney finishes healing our demon to convince me not to have us kill you and your friends” she said threatening. “I don’t have much patiences left” she said glaring at Michael.

Dark Corner WA09165​
Lake:

"Oh but of course it exists. You use it all the time, after all." Micheal turned to Dimitri, "after all. That one there just used it willy nilly."

Micheal tutted at the group as if faintly disappointed. It seems they would need more hand holding, but instead of continuing his explanation, Micheal pulled out a pocket watch and checked the time. The picture of a family remained inside, with a familiar looking child sitting at the front. Anyone looking could see that it was Micheal himself.

"Alas, it's time to move on with the tour. By now, your other companions have either died or their fates are left to Charles. So that leaves me with precious little time to return to Nico without you hovering around me."

The demon took a bow and his form shimmered in the space.

"Keep in mind that at the end of the tour you'll have to make a choice..." his words lingered in the air as he vanished. "Do make the right one."

The group would be left with nothing but the deer and the pond. Just a little further ahead was a small cavern that they could enter, or they could check on their other companions. However, if this was true... they could already be dead.

Reactions: Red