D&D/Pathfinder/WoD/Tabletops

Which tabletops do you play/have you played?

• D&D 3.5

• Pathfinder (otherwise often known as "D&D 3.75")

• D&D 4/5

• World of Darkness

• Scion

• Homebrew (Your own system/heavily modified version of an official system.)

• Tabletops? Who the fuck plays tabletops? Forum Roleplaying Master Race!

• WHAT SORT OF IDIOT ROLE PLAYS? NOT ME. HA!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you play as one when you have to eat sentient creatures' brains in order to survive? House rules? :ferret:
We do a ton of homebrew plots so house rules. No chomping on party members. Everything else was fair game. Brains for daaaays. It was also fairly early in us tampering with D&D so I'm sure there were errors abound.

As a change, it sounds like our next campaign will be We Be Goblins! I'm excited for it.

Reactions: Brovo
As a change, it sounds like our next campaign will be We Be Goblins! I'm excited for it.
Never forget Nimble Escape. Being able to move about the battlefield with impunity as a race trait is one of the only things that keeps Goblins alive in battles. :ferret:

• Useful
Reactions: Shiri
Also, since WoD was mentioned...

I played a bunch of both oWoD and nWoD back at uni. Favourite characters include:
  • Tam Trainwreck: Hard drinking, punk-rocking Satyr changeling and one of the lead enforcers for the Spring Court. Lead "singer" for a punk rock band called 'You And Whose Army'. Capable of imbibing enough alcohol to literally kill most mortal men.
  • Mr Faces: Hands-down the scariest fucking character I've seen at the table. A Malkavian vampire suffering from acute paranoia, to the point that he elected to carve his own face off in order to stop "them" from seeing him. Several mortality degenerations later and he was running around cutting other people's faces off to use as masks.

• Love
Reactions: Brovo
Mr Faces: Hands-down the scariest fucking character I've seen at the table. A Malkavian vampire suffering from acute paranoia, to the point that he elected to carve his own face off in order to stop "them" from seeing him. Several mortality degenerations later and he was running around cutting other people's faces off to use as masks.

The guy playing him would give us a rendition of the tune Faces hummed as he did his face-sawwing.

It haunts my dreams.

• Love
Reactions: Brovo and Tegan
Please don't look at my exploits as an example of how to roleplay. Your whole party will hate you for bringing FEELS into it.

Please don't look at my exploits as an example of how to roleplay. Your whole party will hate you for bringing FEELS into it.

My poor Fighter is forever trapped as a moping, heartbroken alcoholic because of one of her character's shit.

Don't do it.

I don't know about that, the bit about the baby really makes me want to switch deities for the off chance of my character being cursed with hell spawn (assuming she'd survive the birthing process)

Lorn's demon rape baby remains one of the most awkward scenes I've been present for.

You don't want that.

You don't want Asmo's MAGICAL REALM.

Reactions: Jorick
Lorn's demon rape baby remains one of the most awkward scenes I've been present for.

You don't want that.

You don't want Asmo's MAGICAL REALM.
SO AWKWARD

I had no idea that was going to happen and I could just FEEL everyone's mounting tension after I kept failing my perception, Escape Artist, and Will saves against Charm Monster.

Even though it was all through Roll20, you just knew no one was going to be making any eye contact with each other.

OK, I'll stop, now.

Please don't make me remember.
I take it this is you right now?

ec3kAUu.gif

That would be Lamashtu, then @razorrabbit

ENJOY THAT

Yes that was the deity I was originally going to go with, another member is trying to talk me out of it but there is some time to the next game. Though I guess it depends on how cruel the GM is which is something I still need to gauge. Though if she rewards her followers with deformed babies I wonder how she'd treat someone who stopped following her.

I've tried a few versions of D&D, briefly played Pathfinder once, did quite a bit of Scion, also some Apocalypse World and Dungeon World for some things that didn't last long, and recently started a campaign using the FATE system.

That FATE one is a thing my brother is doing and I'm hilariously overpowered in it without even trying to be, largely because the system is a little silly and my brother is rather crap at homebrewing. The FATE system doesn't have attributes like strength and whatnot, just a bunch of skills with some modifiers attached to them. He decided he wanted to do custom magic schools to go with the world he made. It's an evil campaign, so I took the dark magic skill as my best thing. He decided to make it so classes of magic give specific spells rather than keeping it vague like the base game is for other combat skills. One path of dark magic is manipulation stuff where you can literally mind control people, and if you do well enough you can permanently make them your mind slave... as a level 3 spell in a system that only goes to level 10. He wanted to railroad my character into getting captured by some paladins, but I managed to hide from their shitty perception skills (all 7 of them rolled just okay or poorly versus my great stealth roll) and also mind controlled their leader to make them go away. The railroading ensued anyway, but in our little prison escape I've already made one paladin my mind slave and because he didn't put any limit on it I intend to attain an army of chumps to become a true evil overlord. I would feel bad about abusing his poor choices for magic, but I warned him early on and he said it was fine and he knew what he was doing, so now I can't wait to be able to throw dozens of guys at a boss fight. :3

I'm also DMing a campaign in D&D 5e, which I made as a thing with some very specific end goals rather than just an open "go do things" campaign. I've found that planning out only the sort of main plot in great details, then only broad brush strokes for everything else and just improvising anything else needed is the most fun for me. Instead of spending hours and hours working out details, I can prepare for a 5+ hour session in about 2 hours and end up with nigh infinite flexibility to allow players to do whatever the fuck they like.

fPq1dw0.jpg

Balthazar cut through them like butter. Damn racist paladins! @Snakey they were just trying to raid and kill innocent people! How could you be so cruel? :ferret:

Oh, and every time the bard tried to attack an enemy with a spell, they rolled a crit defense. Every time. The bard felt very sad.

Also, the party pet nearly bought the farm. My goblin hordes nearly took out a couple people, but, not quite enough. Not quite enough. (One did manage to fire a point blank crossbow shot through someone's torso though. So I got at least that much. :ferret:) Overall, a fun first night. Definitely enjoying D&D 5E and looking forward to working with it more.

• D&D 3.5
    • Pathfinder
    • D&D 4th Edition
    • Star Wars D6
    • GURPS
    • Heavily Homebrewed 3.5
    • Heavily Homebrewed D6

I'll detail the entirety of the Homebrew in another tab for those curious.

• Shiara: A Half Elf Sorcerer who was generally innocent and meant well. But eventually took a Eye of Vecna and proceeded to became the major villain of the following two Campaigns.
    • Urik: A Orc Barbarian/Fighter whose hobbies included juggling dragons, town guards, one hitting Krakens and marrying a Nymph.
    • Zane: A Undead Human Mystic Theurge who specialized in Necromancy and had a horde of undead following him at all times, including two undead cohorts.
    • Brook: A Dwarf Barbarian who loved to drink to the point that alcohol worked like healing potions (not homebrew btw) and his weapon of choice was a Barrel.
    • Tyrien: A Human Monk who abandoned his temple to fight as a Mercenary for the money and excitement. Whose most notable moment was getting to curious and unleashing a Shit Elemental.
    • Ty: A Half-Elf Cleric (My current character) whose Alcoholic, Arachnophobic and has way too many magical items for a Level 4 thanks to the DM.

• Urik working together with the party wizard to rob the city vault. Approached it while Invisibility was casted, and proceeded to rip the vault door off... With town guards witnessing. So his reaction was to fit the vault door back on and say while still invisible "It was the wind".
    • Urik's party in a town infamously known as Toti where we had to go into their sewers to uncover a Necromancer plot. Before we did our party Sorcerer ditched the party to explore, finding some guys under a bring with a shit ton of drugs. He then dumped these drugs into the town's water supply saying he wanted to "See the fish get high". After we return from the necromancers we now find the entire town is stoned, so our sorcerer then proceeds to light the tavern on fire claiming "I was curious. I wanted to see if the wood would catch on fire". Which led to a fire spreading across the whole town, with all the citizens too stoned to do anything about it... So naturally we robbed the town of anything of value and then left them all to burn.
    • My first session of using Zane. Originally he was meant to just do some small talk with the party members before joining up. What ended up happening was 2 hours of back and fourth dialogue recounting events from an earlier campaign (their timelines were connected) and resulted in us accidently writing the DM's lore for him.
    • Being a DM and throwing a Cockatrice at the Party. Only for their Assassin to turn to stone instantly and make the rest of the party flee... Only to cross it's path a second time and have the party mage play a game of cat and mouse with it long enough for the rest of the party to book it.
    • Once again as a DM. Playing Star Wars the group tries to get some cheap explosives by bartering with a sleezy merchant. It works for a time, but he eventually sends droids after the party to get his stuff back. The party's resident Jawa/Demo-man reacts to this by activating a Thermal detonator on the merchant (part of the low prices was sculpting a charge for him, so he managed to sneak in a remote way to activate it). It turned out that detonator was in the middle of the bounty hunters guild and he just slaughtered countless bounty hunters on a Hutt Planet. The bounty on the party suddenly became ridiculous.

• (Click on the 'here' words. Links don't change colour here apparently).

The D&D Homebrew is all recorded on the Roll20 program we used.
    So you can view it all in the game room here.

As for the Star Wars D6?
    I just uploaded it to MegaFileUpload here.

As much as its geek heresy, I've never played D&D or Pathfinder as a campaign XD I neeeever get invited XD Id love to be part of an actual campaign xD

Status
Not open for further replies.