D&D inspired high fantasy that transitions into a high fantasy post apocalypse

A

Azurewinter

Original poster
This is very bare bones, but is an idea I've been throwing around a lot.

What it is:
  • High-fantasy, magical world very similar to what is seen in Dungeons & Dragons.
  • Amidst a political skirmish and secret cold war between kingdoms, a group of players will inadvertently cause the magical equivalent of nuclear war.
  • The group heads out into a savaged world and seek their loved ones and what they can do to rebuild the world after destruction.
  • The new world will be ravaged by magical radiation called "The Dhism", and the players will be the first to encounter this and spread awareness.

How I see it working:
  • A group of 4-6 players.
  • Third person writing.
  • Intermediate - Confident writing, but hey, I'm not too fussy
  • Your basic Iwaku rules.
  • Heavily based on plot, with the predominant genres being drama around the characters reacting to the world and themselves followed by action.
  • Think Fallout meets the story of King Arthur, or like LotR

Reactions: Rina and marcy
You have my interest. It will be interesting to see how things unfold with an ideal like this.

Reactions: Azurewinter
This sounds interesting to me. I don't have much DnD experience if there shall be dice rolls. But I've been wanting to learn!

I'm super interested!! DND is one of my huge favorites!

I think this has gotten enough support I'll make a signup when I can and tag you all when it's up!

This sounds interesting to me. I don't have much DnD experience if there shall be dice rolls. But I've been wanting to learn!

I was thinking of just using character classes, races and setting / lore of DnD. Maybe we could roll stats that'll ever only be used by me and you could still get some familiarity with it?

• OMG
Reactions: Raven and marcy
Hm... maybe. I'm more familiar with Pathfinder than D&D, but to my understanding it's pretty similar. Have very VERY little experience with the dice systems, but I've wanted to do a proper game since I've been introduced. I might not be a good fit, but I'll lurk around in case.

I think this has gotten enough support I'll make a signup when I can and tag you all when it's up!

I was thinking of just using character classes, races and setting / lore of DnD. Maybe we could roll stats that'll ever only be used by me and you could still get some familiarity with it?

That sounds fine. To be honest I'm more than anything glad to see something I have an interest in that may take some DnD themes. From my current experience DnD wise I've only ever done incomplete campaigns (some just didn't think I was interested but they also didn't communicate....well ask me my thoughts. ) Other games I was suppose to join with friends but instead they determined to make me jump in any time I'm over and they feel like a game. (So I'm always lost when I play irl to sum it up haha.)

So I kinda look forward to the format on Iwaku for many reasons haha. Plus I think again great chance for me to pick up about some of the mechanics. Even non-traditional format of the table top DnD version.